Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Work / corporate law

Jump to newest

By *akeanyone OP   Man
over a year ago

LH

So, If someone hypothetically worked for a large organisation, and the company decides to mass roll out new contracts for everyone in order to align with other sites. Consultation period and meetings all took place, then they finally hand over the new contract but it's massively incorrect in the employees favour. Would he/she be obliged to point out the errors or keep quiet?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *fweonlymeettwiceMan
over a year ago

Madrid

Keep quiet and plead ignorance if the error comes to light

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Have experienced this

Huge bank, bought the company I worked for and they made some blunders with new contracts!

I don’t know what the legal requirement was but they swiftly changed them. As a gesture of goodwill they gave us 2 years grace with our legacy holiday entitlement

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Meant to add:

I’m certain they’ll notice!!

By *akeanyone OP   Man
over a year ago

LH

"Have experienced this

Huge bank, bought the company I worked for and they made some blunders with new contracts!

I don’t know what the legal requirement was but they swiftly changed them. As a gesture of goodwill they gave us 2 years grace with our legacy holiday entitlement "

Hmmm that is interesting. The thing is they already messed up several and swiftly called them back (including mine). So this is now their 2nd attempt at handing me the new contract . I think I'll keep quiet, but what I don't know is, if I'll actually receive the benefits on the new contract. I guess time will tell

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"Have experienced this

I don’t know what the legal requirement was but they swiftly changed them. As a gesture of goodwill they gave us 2 years grace with our legacy holiday entitlement

Hmmm that is interesting. The thing is they already messed up several and swiftly called them back (including mine). So this is now their 2nd attempt at handing me the new contract . I think I'll keep quiet, but what I don't know is, if I'll actually receive the benefits on the new contract. I guess time will tell "

Good luck - it worked out ok for us in the end

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Hypothetically, if the contact was _really_ in my favour, then I would probably go to an employment lawyer to see what their advice is and whether it was worth me signing it asap to lock the company in.

By *ttmcdguyTV/TS
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Seek legal advice

1st of all the wording might sound like it’s in your favour but chances are there will be something in there that won’t be in your best interests

Just an example

When I sold my company many years ago there was a clause in it that held me accountable for any debts that occurred for 24 months

The actual paragraph should of been any pending debts before the date of sale !!I would be liable for

Corporate law is a very shrewd business

Be very very careful

It’s worth spending a few ££ just to be safe

Post new Message to Thread