Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Perfume

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I need to buy some new perfume, I usually use Hugo Boss, Deep Red, but it's quite pricy, ladies what do you use, and how much is it usually,I don't like floral one's, something a bit musky,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Black Opium by YSL

Si by Armani

Maybe look out for some Black Friday deals ?

T

By *eff4000Man
over a year ago

Camberley

I love Ralph by Ralph Lauren and Cool water for women.

Just to add my 2 cents

over a year ago

"Black Opium by YSL

Si by Armani

T"

Thank you, I will x

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Just go into a posh restaurant bathroom and dip into the reed diffuser you’ll smell delightful

you’re welcome

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I think Inaswingdress posted about Black Opium in a recent thread, that's definitely a good shout as mentioned above. You could always get some testers from perfume counters until you find one you like. I've fallen in love with Le Sabo Santal but it's pricey, managed to find a small sample of it though!

over a year ago

"I love Ralph by Ralph Lauren and Cool water for women.

Just to add my 2 cents "

Always nice to hear what guys like on a lady, so thank you

over a year ago

"Just go into a posh restaurant bathroom and dip into the reed diffuser you’ll smell delightful

you’re welcome "

over a year ago

"I think Inaswingdress posted about Black Opium in a recent thread, that's definitely a good shout as mentioned above. You could always get some testers from perfume counters until you find one you like. I've fallen in love with Le Sabo Santal but it's pricey, managed to find a small sample of it though!"

Black Opium sounds good, thank you

over a year ago

Le est de vie

Only my opinion

over a year ago

Just got

Pradda Paradoxe gift set for someone Xmas present

Had a little smell off it it’s wonderful

Kicking my self thinking off keeping it for myself

Bit costly though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm a Chanel No 5 woman. I recently had a sample of Jo Malone Tonka Bean and Myrrh which is very nice and a friend gave me some Thierry Mugler Innocent that I like too.

over a year ago

Did you know coco channel was a nazi sympathiser, Google her and read it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Did you know coco channel was a nazi sympathiser, Google her and read it"

True

If those who buy perfume wish to take that into account, that's their choice. If they like that perfume, that's also their choice.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd look around for Black Friday deals, OP. Black Opi*m was on sale at Boots. I don't know if it still is.

over a year ago

"Did you know coco channel was a nazi sympathiser, Google her and read it

True

If those who buy perfume wish to take that into account, that's their choice. If they like that perfume, that's also their choice."

True

Just like it was her choice to go to nazi parties whilst French people were being killed

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I like Jo Malone Myrrh and Tonka. It was £75 for the small bottle.

I wear D&G Light Blue in the daytime. It was £60 for the 50ml.

I'm looking for a new evening fragrance now.

By *rettyflamingoCouple
over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

I love my Chanel No 5

over a year ago

Jimmy choo flash

Armani diamonds

Armani my way

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

True

If those who buy perfume wish to take that into account, that's their choice. If they like that perfume, that's also their choice.

True

Just like it was her choice to go to nazi parties whilst French people were being killed "

Yes, it's exactly the same. Well done.

over a year ago

I like perfumes like Hugo Deep Red. I’ve also loved Dior Addict and one by Floral Street, called Ylang Ylang Espresso. My dental hygienist called me after an appointment to ask me what the Floral Street perfume was

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

My favourite is Euphoria, CK. But yes, pricey! Check out Next, they do some good versions of high end scents.

I usually love anything in a purple bottle. Ghost is always quite reasonable, Deep Night or Forever Dream I think.

over a year ago

Definitely white musk absolutely my husband goes crazy over it spray just a little on myself an hes all over mex

By *ittle-Miss-Cunty-1Woman
over a year ago

Your basement, Cuntsville

"Black Opium by YSL

Si by Armani

T"

These 2 along with Prada La Femme are my favs

over a year ago

I love Mugler perfume. I have Alien and love Alien Goddess. And have put Angel on my Christmas list

I also wear Yves Saint Laurent Libre.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I love deep red, also like the new angel nova, as a cheap daily one though I love Avon Belle

Mrs

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

True

If those who buy perfume wish to take that into account, that's their choice. If they like that perfume, that's also their choice."

and what about VW/VAG?

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

[Removed by poster at 23/11/22 19:44:24]

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

Patrick Suskind's is unforgettable.

over a year ago

My favourite is Nuxe prodigieux. Well, it's one I always come back to. It's like a sweet clean very subtle floral.

I highly rate Zara perfumes though. I use them daily and they are dupes for more high end ones. My favourite is the cherry one. I love smelling like sweet cherries. But Gardenia is also beautiful, and a dupe for YSL black opium and I always get loads of compliments when I wear that one.

I've always wanted to buy Tom Ford ones but I can't justify the price!!

over a year ago

True

and what about VW/VAG?"

Yep, and the subsidiary companies of IG Farben...Bayer, BASF, AGFA. It would be hard to avoid anything funded by Nazi capital

over a year ago

Shay and Blue do some lovely unusual fragrances and they are affordable. My fave is the Black Tulip one.

over a year ago

Calvin Klein Obsession Eau de Parfum

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Chanel Coco - I like anything pungent.

Clinique Aromatics - the normal and the white edition

Guerlain Insolence

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I like Escape Calvin Klein ,last ages on me,also like Flowerbomb.

For day to day I wear an fcuk one or 212 Caroline Herrera.

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Definitely try YSL Black Opium EDP - it’s a gourmand floral and has notes of black coffee, orange blossom and vanilla.

YSL Libre Intense is beautiful too - that has notes of orange blossom, orchid and vanilla. It smells sweet, creamy and expensive.

Others that I love (I also like strong, sweet, musky scents - I used to wear Deep Red years ago): Dior Addict EDP (in a navy blue bottle), Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Carolina Hererra Good Girl, Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle EDP

Happy shopping!

By *asmine xxxWoman
over a year ago

Cornwall, Bristol

Emporio Armani in Love With You is lush xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

True

and what about VW/VAG?"

I'm of the view that there's no ethical consumption under capitalism, but I'm also pretty sure that's not the question that was asked

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I’m a “La vie est belle” fan , failing that … Mitsouko and Yvresse , alas none are cheap

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

For recommendations that are similar, there's a site called Fragrantica which is like an encyclopaedia for fragrance.

over a year ago

Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

True

and what about VW/VAG?

Yep, and the subsidiary companies of IG Farben...Bayer, BASF, AGFA. It would be hard to avoid anything funded by Nazi capital "

Better avoid anything with an internal combustion engine. And nitrogen fertilizers. Pretty well the entire chemical industry was invented by german companies that continued to run under the nazi regime. Dyestuffs. Better not buy any coloured cloth. Hugo Boss designed the uniforms for the SS. Don't drink Fanta! Aspirin from Bayer pharmaceutical. Apparently particleboard was a German WW2 invention, so better throw away all that IKEA (and pretty well every other company) furniture. Oh my god - Haribo!!! The list goes on...

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

Top tip:

Visit the Boots' perfume counter on the day of your night out and spray yourself with one of the expensive testers. You'll smell expensive and all for zero bucks.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Jools wears Armani code.

It smells amazing on her very sensual.

Paco rebanne pure xs femme is really nice.

We having a look/smell at some over the weekend and we really like

Jimmy Choo.

I want Choo forever.

Nice and sensual.

Unfortunately you have to pay a bit more for these but I believe if you Google the perfume you like and cheaper versions that smell identical you can get no brand stuff at a fraction of the price.

over a year ago

"Top tip:

Visit the Boots' perfume counter on the day of your night out and spray yourself with one of the expensive testers. You'll smell expensive and all for zero bucks. "

Who’s got time for that

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Top tip:

Visit the Boots' perfume counter on the day of your night out and spray yourself with one of the expensive testers. You'll smell expensive and all for zero bucks.

Who’s got time for that "

On the way home from Boots, slip around the back of Tesco's and rummage through their bins and grab some out of date discarded food. Free supper!

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Top tip:

Who’s got time for that

On the way home from Boots, slip around the back of Tesco's and rummage through their bins and grab some out of date discarded food. Free supper! "

When you get up in the morning, slip round the back of your local Costa and scrounge some preused coffee granules.

Take home and reuse.

Free coffee

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Top tip:

Who’s got time for that

On the way home from Boots, slip around the back of Tesco's and rummage through their bins and grab some out of date discarded food. Free supper!

When you get up in the morning, slip round the back of your local Costa and scrounge some preused coffee granules.

Take home and reuse.

Free coffee "

On the way to your date, drop by a cemetery to pick up a bunch of flowers for the lucky lady

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Angel by Mugler for me

I always receive lots of comments when wearing it

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I spent two years, just before attending University, studying the "History & Genealogy of Perfume". I learnt much about scent, the application, the sourcing, the composition et al.

I was going to write a long narrative of recommendation and best practice on how to find the ideal scent for the OP. Unfortunately the unwarranted Gabrielle Chanel reference to Nazism totally wrecked the positive spirit of this thread.

Sadly this place is like a male gametes donor clinic: there's always one wanker.

over a year ago

True

and what about VW/VAG?

Yep, and the subsidiary companies of IG Farben...Bayer, BASF, AGFA. It would be hard to avoid anything funded by Nazi capital

Better avoid anything with an internal combustion engine. And nitrogen fertilizers. Pretty well the entire chemical industry was invented by german companies that continued to run under the nazi regime. Dyestuffs. Better not buy any coloured cloth. Hugo Boss designed the uniforms for the SS. Don't drink Fanta! Aspirin from Bayer pharmaceutical. Apparently particleboard was a German WW2 invention, so better throw away all that IKEA (and pretty well every other company) furniture. Oh my god - Haribo!!! The list goes on..."

Not all German manufacturered product have a link with the nazi regime. Unless all particle boards and other products you mention used are still solely manufactured by the original sympathisers then the extended point you are trying to suggest is mute and not what the original point suggested. I suggest it's more about who is selling the product rather than the product but then conscience and morality is much more subjective in modern society.

over a year ago

I'm no expert but I've been told that the scent may smell slightly different on your skin than on another's. Try different ones on your skin, some scents may just fall off and be lost on your skin.

Also being very popular might be a disadvantage as there maybe quite a few wearing the same scent in a very large gathering.

Was told to choose a scent that reflects your lifestyle. My tuppence worth.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"I spent two years, just before attending University, studying the "History & Genealogy of Perfume". I learnt much about scent, the application, the sourcing, the composition et al.

I was going to write a long narrative of recommendation and best practice on how to find the ideal scent for the OP. Unfortunately the unwarranted Gabrielle Chanel reference to Nazism totally wrecked the positive spirit of this thread.

Sadly this place is like a male gametes donor clinic: there's always one wanker. "

Oh well, I still love the perfume! Even if she was a very naughty girl !!

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Old spice.

over a year ago

"Angel by Mugler for me

I always receive lots of comments when wearing it "

One of my favourites too. Hence I instantly recognised it on you ! It suits you

over a year ago

"Chanel Coco - I like anything pungent.

Clinique Aromatics - the normal and the white edition

Guerlain Insolence "

Ooh i do like Aromatics elixir. It works for my skin

over a year ago

"My favourite is Nuxe prodigieux. Well, it's one I always come back to. It's like a sweet clean very subtle floral.

I highly rate Zara perfumes though. I use them daily and they are dupes for more high end ones. My favourite is the cherry one. I love smelling like sweet cherries. But Gardenia is also beautiful, and a dupe for YSL black opium and I always get loads of compliments when I wear that one.

I've always wanted to buy Tom Ford ones but I can't justify the price!! "

Which one is a dupe for Black Opium?

over a year ago

"Black Opium by YSL

Si by Armani

T

These 2 along with Prada La Femme are my favs "

How about Narciso Rodriguez for Her?

I'll check out yours if we like similar !

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Old spice."

how's your dry socket?

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"My favourite is Nuxe prodigieux. Well, it's one I always come back to. It's like a sweet clean very subtle floral.

Which one is a dupe for Black Opium? "

It’s Gardenia !!

Zara oriental is pretty close to Flowerbomb!

over a year ago

It’s Gardenia !!

Zara oriental is pretty close to Flowerbomb! "

Ah yes. I missed that somehow ! Thanks

I'll check both. I had couple bottles from zara before. Good budget alternative

And OP I thought of one more. Its spicy and floral. Lolita Lempicka

over a year ago

"Definitely white musk absolutely my husband goes crazy over it spray just a little on myself an hes all over mex"

Is that from the Boby Shop

over a year ago

"I spent two years, just before attending University, studying the "History & Genealogy of Perfume". I learnt much about scent, the application, the sourcing, the composition et al.

Sadly this place is like a male gametes donor clinic: there's always one wanker. "

Nero,I was thinking the same, someone always spoils something, I just asked an innocent question, or so I thought

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

It’s Gardenia !!

Zara oriental is pretty close to Flowerbomb!

Ah yes. I missed that somehow ! Thanks

I'll check both. I had couple bottles from zara before. Good budget alternative

And OP I thought of one more. Its spicy and floral. Lolita Lempicka"

https://_elissajanelee.com/zara-perfume-dupes/

Just found this I’ll be heading to Zara !!

over a year ago

Another vote for Zara here. I'm currently wearing the Red Temptation which is supposed to be a very good dupe of Baccarat Rouge 540. I'm always being complimented on it and at £19.99 for 80ml it's a great buy.

over a year ago

"Another vote for Zara here. I'm currently wearing the Red Temptation which is supposed to be a very good dupe of Baccarat Rouge 540. I'm always being complimented on it and at £19.99 for 80ml it's a great buy."

That seems a really good price x

By *ichard574Man
over a year ago

West of Dfs

I used to reserve Angel for race days - swear it gave me an edge lol.

Chanel Number 19 for the sterner edge to the classic doyenne des femmes of number 5. Steel wire to Number 5's velvet ribbon.

Bulgari Jasmin Noir is leather and wood smoke and just delicious and how they market it as a woman's scent is beyond me. It's the most male thing I've ever smelled.

Post new Message to Thread