Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Man-garden maintenance

Jump to newest

By *valanche1001 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

With the festive season almost upon us I’m being asked by family what I’d like for Xmas. Now I do like to keep the old plums nice and smooth and I really could do with a new trimmer for those ‘hard to reach areas’ so I’m looking for suggestions of any personal grooming kits that anyone could recommend.

Obviously I don’t want anything that’s too specific as I can’t very well ask granny for the new super plum de-fuzzer now can I??

Also being a man of a certain age, anything that can also deal with the random sprouting of hair from everywhere you don’t want it would be a plus.

Please, fellow fabsters, regale me with your expertise and experience …..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss FuegoWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat - Macedonia

Black and Decker strimmer?

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Your granny may have the female equivalent front bum de-fuzzer

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Your granny may have the female equivalent front bum de-fuzzer "

So you can just borrow that

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

My mum offered hers for me to shave my bits, I'll ask her what she has

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Trim N Edge

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"Your granny may have the female equivalent front bum de-fuzzer

So you can just borrow that"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Im considering corn rows so i can have corn on the cock

over a year ago

Leeds

"Your granny may have the female equivalent front bum de-fuzzer "

Bless her! I fear the Parkinson’s would preclude that. Oh dear god, why am I even giving that any headspace in the first instance!!

Bad Rex! Bad Rex!

over a year ago

Leeds

"Black and Decker strimmer?"

If both testicles are still attached afterwards that is definitively a plus

By *ackbydemandMan
over a year ago

Leicester

First I use a Manscape trimmer, then Veet for Men. Do not touch your ring piece or you will know. Then rinse off in a hot bath. Then normal shaving foam and a fresh razor head all around. Basically I'm smooth as a billiard ball. Manscape also has some post-shave balms which are very good too.

By *akeanyoneMan
over a year ago

LH

An aldi's Bic equivalent and a dollop of shower gel. Job done

By *iss FuegoWoman
over a year ago

"Black and Decker strimmer?

If both testicles are still attached afterwards that is definitively a plus"

Was unduly focused on the age related unwanted tufts and the most time efficient removal method. I can accept that there could be some collateral damage!

over a year ago

Leeds

"First I use a Manscape trimmer, then Veet for Men. Do not touch your ring piece or you will know. Then rinse off in a hot bath. Then normal shaving foam and a fresh razor head all around. Basically I'm smooth as a billiard ball. Manscape also has some post-shave balms which are very good too."

Thank you good sir!

Now forumites, here is a man who’s taking this seriously and judging by his profile pic I’m going to place a lot of stock in his advice. That said I’ve never been brave enough to try the hair removal cream option. For every recommendation there seem to be an equal number of horror stories.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

"First I use a Manscape trimmer, then Veet for Men. Do not touch your ring piece or you will know. Then rinse off in a hot bath. Then normal shaving foam and a fresh razor head all around. Basically I'm smooth as a billiard ball. Manscape also has some post-shave balms which are very good too..

Thank you good sir!

Now forumites, here is a man who’s taking this seriously and judging by his profile pic I’m going to place a lot of stock in his advice. That said I’ve never been brave enough to try the hair removal cream option. For every recommendation there seem to be an equal number of horror stories. "

I use woowoo hair removal cream, veet is awful if have sensitive skin

over a year ago

Leeds

Was unduly focused on the age related unwanted tufts and the most time efficient removal method. I can accept that there could be some collateral damage! "

I’m sure it’s simply spending too long on fab but I sort of construe that as being you being into age related tufts?? We must talk more!

I’m still not sure my nostrils are best dealt with via power tools though

over a year ago

Leeds

"My mum offered hers for me to shave my bits, I'll ask her what she has "

I think she mentioned the Philips epilator last time

By *layawaymaleMan
over a year ago

nearby

I keep getting bombarded with Youtube ads for a product called the Lawnmower 2. Claims it's guaranteed to be nick free (always a consideration) and comes with a separate trimmer for other areas like nostrils and ears.

I have been tempted because their advertising is humourous and they make some big claims about satisfaction but not seen any offline user reviews.

over a year ago

Leeds

"I keep getting bombarded with Youtube ads for a product called the Lawnmower 2. Claims it's guaranteed to be nick free (always a consideration) and comes with a separate trimmer for other areas like nostrils and ears.

I have been tempted because their advertising is humourous and they make some big claims about satisfaction but not seen any offline user reviews."

Interesting, I shall look it up. And try not to think too hard about how the YouTube algorithms decided that’s what you needed

By *iss FuegoWoman
over a year ago

Was unduly focused on the age related unwanted tufts and the most time efficient removal method. I can accept that there could be some collateral damage!

I’m sure it’s simply spending too long on fab but I sort of construe that as being you being into age related tufts?? We must talk more!

I’m still not sure my nostrils are best dealt with via power tools though "

Oooh an evening of discourse about depilatory challenges for mature folk sounds hot. I'm all in

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

The Boro

Nice single blade disposable and sensitive foam

over a year ago

Leeds

I’m still not sure my nostrils are best dealt with via power tools though

Oooh an evening of discourse about depilatory challenges for mature folk sounds hot. I'm all in "

I shall supply red wine - and cake obvs

By *layawaymaleMan
over a year ago

nearby

"I keep getting bombarded with Youtube ads for a product called the Lawnmower 2. Claims it's guaranteed to be nick free (always a consideration) and comes with a separate trimmer for other areas like nostrils and ears.

I have been tempted because their advertising is humourous and they make some big claims about satisfaction but not seen any offline user reviews.

Interesting, I shall look it up. And try not to think too hard about how the YouTube algorithms decided that’s what you needed "

The irony is 99% of my viewing is the first reply - strimmers and garden tools

over a year ago

Leeds

Interesting, I shall look it up. And try not to think too hard about how the YouTube algorithms decided that’s what you needed

The irony is 99% of my viewing is the first reply - strimmers and garden tools "

Well I can’t speak for Hornycouga’s level of interest in garden tools, however I can heartily recommend losing an afternoon in her gallery, she’s definitely in to other kinds of tools!

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I use a Phillips body hair trimmer for my intimate areas. If done properly this will get your hair down to a very short stubble... take it easy around your balls.

I've recently started using hair removal cream to deal with the stubble, and it works okay, took me a couple of attempts to get it right though. Follow the instructions carefully, wait the allotted time. Then use a wet cloth to rub away the hair, your hair should wipe away in a few rubs.

This is good for 98% of your hair but there will probably be some left.

I'd hop in the shower or bath immediately after this to remove what's left of the cream

Then, as others have mentioned going over what's left with a razor would probably finish it off nicely. I tend not to bother with this step as I don't have a spare razor.

over a year ago

Leeds

I always take it easy with my balls

That does sound like an awful lot of work, but I may have to man-up and try one of those creams. Using clippers I can’t go more than a week or so without looking like captain caveman down there.

Are In-growing hairs a concern if you use those creams? I think exfoliating my plums on a regular basis is a step too far!

over a year ago

You've gotta Veet the meat !

Works for me..

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

A quick going over with any old razor, followed by a rub down with a pumice stone,.Emery board for the hard to reach areas

over a year ago

Leeds

"A quick going over with any old razor, followed by a rub down with a pumice stone,.Emery board for the hard to reach areas "

Hey why not just chuck an orbital sander in for funsies

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

"A quick going over with any old razor, followed by a rub down with a pumice stone,.Emery board for the hard to reach areas

Hey why not just chuck an orbital sander in for funsies "

that uses electricity, if the bush gets too long, just take the false teeth out and trim them down.

By *od ThrusterMan
over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

I have been tempted because their advertising is humourous and they make some big claims about satisfaction but not seen any offline user reviews."

Lawnmower is the trade name for the Manscaped Tool. I think they're up to Lawnmower 4 now from the podcasts I listen to.

over a year ago

Leeds

"A quick going over with any old razor, followed by a rub down with a pumice stone,.Emery board for the hard to reach areas

Hey why not just chuck an orbital sander in for funsies that uses electricity, if the bush gets too long, just take the false teeth out and trim them down. "

Au naturel - like your off-grid approach

over a year ago

Leeds

Checked out the lawnmower 4 kit, it does look the business. Thanks all for your advice.

I do think it’s a bit specific though, a personal purchase me thinks!

over a year ago

Check out the “Philips series 5000 body groomer”

That will shave you smooth with no cuts.

over a year ago

Leeds

"Check out the “Philips series 5000 body groomer”

That will shave you smooth with no cuts."

Interestingly that’s my regular (face) shaver but I’ve never found that ones with foils are effective and have had the odd nick from them.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Belt sander omg smooth or what

over a year ago

I am also finding this thread strangely erotic. Miss Couga and I might be cut from the same cloth

Either that or I badly need coffee.

As you were, comrades!

over a year ago

Leeds

"I am also finding this thread strangely erotic. Miss Couga and I might be cut from the same cloth

Either that or I badly need coffee.

As you were, comrades!"

Shaving a partner can be incredibly erotic and requires a serious level of trust….

Oh, did I mention I make awesome coffee too?

Post new Message to Thread