Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cheating

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Wanted to get peoples thoughts on cheating ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

It's wrong, deceitful, hurtful, selfish, ruins families, ruins people's self confidence.

Mrs

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's wrong, deceitful, hurtful, selfish, ruins families, ruins people's self confidence.

Mrs "

This

By * lolita xWoman
over a year ago

North

"Wanted to get peoples thoughts on cheating ? "

Just looked at your profile you won’t get anywhere on here with that mindset

By *iss mischief 666Woman
over a year ago

the middle of nowhere!

Abhorrent. I've become single again, thanks to someone that cheated on me. Its lost me my trust in humans, tbh

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

If you cheat, you never win. You have cheated. Even if you "get away with it", you know .

You will be "less" by cheating.

This is in all things.

over a year ago

"It's wrong, deceitful, hurtful, selfish, ruins families, ruins people's self confidence.

Mrs "

Totally agree

over a year ago

Thank you for the messages

over a year ago

"Wanted to get peoples thoughts on cheating ?

Just looked at your profile you won’t get anywhere on here with that mindset"

Sorry I made the profile when I was still all over the place

over a year ago

Cheating is so wrong,tares apart so many lives

over a year ago

Mrs "

I know it ruined me left my job because I was working with her family

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My thoughts on cheating are don't bring me into your drama.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

It’s damaging in so many ways, I don’t think anyone would say anything positive about cheating

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

It takes a lot to trust random people and even more so if they're cheaters.

Swinging and cheats don't really work.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Definitely the easiest way to win at Monopoly.

A

By *littlteBitMoreWoman
over a year ago

Scotland

Mrs

I know it ruined me left my job because I was working with her family "

Sorry this happened to you, hope youre OK

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I think it falls under controlling and coercive behaviour. If you want to play around, give your partner the same opportunity by being honest about it. Anything other than that is essentially gaslighting (you are making your partner believe that all is right with your relationship when it’s not)

I used “you” in my reply as a plural not as a singular (in other words not directly referencing the OP)

over a year ago

"If you cheat, you never win. You have cheated. Even if you "get away with it", you know .

This is in all things. "

I just never thought it would happen to me I lost home job

over a year ago

"It’s damaging in so many ways, I don’t think anyone would say anything positive about cheating "

I should have worded it better I’ve been cheated on and now I’m going through a divorce but feel so lost

over a year ago

"It takes a lot to trust random people and even more so if they're cheaters.

Swinging and cheats don't really work."

Thank you

over a year ago

I think it falls under controlling and coercive behaviour. If you want to play around, give your partner the same opportunity by being honest about it. Anything other than that is essentially gaslighting (you are making your partner believe that all is right with your relationship when it’s not)

I used “you” in my reply as a plural not as a singular (in other words not directly referencing the OP) "

Thank you

over a year ago

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start:

Unlocks all the vagina

over a year ago

Mrs

I know it ruined me left my job because I was working with her family

Sorry this happened to you, hope youre OK "

Thank you but not really it was 9 months ago now but only come out of whatever hole I was in trying to be me again and be happy

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

The lowest of the low - totally shatters confidence, the ability to trust again it breaks people into pieces that they spend years trying to mend. I have zero tolerance for it x

over a year ago

Just wanted to say I have not cheated I’ve been cheated on this was a while back but I’ve only started talking about it openly and wanted to see people’s thoughts on it

over a year ago

It’s devastating.

over a year ago

It’s totally the wrong thing to do to someone you are supposed to love. If you fancy someone else then break up and then sleep with them if they are still around:

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"It’s damaging in so many ways, I don’t think anyone would say anything positive about cheating

I should have worded it better I’ve been cheated on and now I’m going through a divorce but feel so lost "

Sorry, yes, I gathered that was what had happened. Hope it all works out for you

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Just wanted to say I have not cheated I’ve been cheated on this was a while back but I’ve only started talking about it openly and wanted to see people’s thoughts on it "

I think it's damaging to a relationship under certain circumstances but I'm not prepared to say it's so in every relationship. I also think that there are two sides to every story.

I'm sorry you've been hurt and have lost so much

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Before you act, you have freedom, but after you act, the effect of that action will follow you whether you want it to or not. That is the law of karma.

over a year ago

Yeah did it, and lost the best relationship I ever had.

Look I’m not saying don’t do it, that’s entirely left the person doing it, but what I am saying is use me as a warning.

By *bc_welshMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Abhorrent. I've become single again, thanks to someone that cheated on me. Its lost me my trust in humans, tbh "

Sorry to hear this

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

U obvs still hurting from the deceit! Hugs to u x

over a year ago

"The lowest of the low - totally shatters confidence, the ability to trust again it breaks people into pieces that they spend years trying to mend. I have zero tolerance for it x"

I know I wish she would of just left me

over a year ago

"It’s devastating."

I know

over a year ago

"It’s totally the wrong thing to do to someone you are supposed to love. If you fancy someone else then break up and then sleep with them if they are still around:"

My thoughts exactly

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's not 'swinging'..

Having said that there are those who have done and will do..

It's part and parcel of social interaction for some..

over a year ago

Before you act, you have freedom, but after you act, the effect of that action will follow you whether you want it to or not. That is the law of karma."

Thanks for that my best bet is moving in but it’s hard when you have been with someone for years

over a year ago

"U obvs still hurting from the deceit! Hugs to u x"

I wish I was only hurting lost everything

over a year ago

People shouldn't cheat. If your not happy leave or open the relationship up.

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"If you cheat, you never win. You have cheated. Even if you "get away with it", you know .

This is in all things.

I just never thought it would happen to me I lost home job "

Yes. But you retained your integrity. She will lose in the end. You will keep your self respect.

That is a good basis to carry on your life. When you look in the mirror, you don't need to avoid eye contact. The same when you see her.

She won't hold your gaze. She will feel shame.

By *i_guy_sloughMan
over a year ago

Langley

My wife and I love having fun with other people but don’t condone or knowingly enable cheating.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"U obvs still hurting from the deceit! Hugs to u x

I wish I was only hurting lost everything "

Sorry to hear that x

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Completely devastating and the ultimate act of selfish behaviour. It can tear someones life, confidence and peace of mind apart for what could be as little as one moment of sexual gratification.

Hope you’re ok OP. My advice would be to take plenty of time to heal and get as much support as you need

over a year ago

In my rather hard won experience the very first thing that you need to do before you will start to make any headway on your life recovery is learn how to forgive yourself

over a year ago

"Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start:

Unlocks all the vagina"

Ha ha konami code

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"In my rather hard won experience the very first thing that you need to do before you will start to make any headway on your life recovery is learn how to forgive yourself "

I think that's something that's extremely overlooked and probably one of the hardest hurdles to clear.

I'm well aware there are plenty of folks out there who aren't cheats and won't cheat, but in not forgiving myself for putting my faith in others who aren't in that bracket, just the thought of having sex again fills me with nausea and panic.

over a year ago

Unlocks all the vagina"

That would do the trick

over a year ago

"In my rather hard won experience the very first thing that you need to do before you will start to make any headway on your life recovery is learn how to forgive yourself

I think that's something that's extremely overlooked and probably one of the hardest hurdles to clear.

I'm well aware there are plenty of folks out there who aren't cheats and won't cheat, but in not forgiving myself for putting my faith in others who aren't in that bracket, just the thought of having sex again fills me with nausea and panic.

"

There ya go. On top of feeling stupid in fact moronic swinging into irrational

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

I used “you” in my reply as a plural not as a singular (in other words not directly referencing the OP) "

I wish this POV was more widespread. I think repeated infidelity is absolutely a form of emotional abuse.

over a year ago

"People shouldn't cheat. If your not happy leave or open the relationship up. "

Wish she had said so

over a year ago

This is in all things.

I just never thought it would happen to me I lost home job

Yes. But you retained your integrity. She will lose in the end. You will keep your self respect.

That is a good basis to carry on your life. When you look in the mirror, you don't need to avoid eye contact. The same when you see her.

She won't hold your gaze. She will feel shame. "

Thank you that helped me out cause I never looked at it like that

over a year ago

"Completely devastating and the ultimate act of selfish behaviour. It can tear someones life, confidence and peace of mind apart for what could be as little as one moment of sexual gratification.

Hope you’re ok OP. My advice would be to take plenty of time to heal and get as much support as you need "

Thank you means a lot and I found support but it still hurts bad

over a year ago

"In my rather hard won experience the very first thing that you need to do before you will start to make any headway on your life recovery is learn how to forgive yourself "

Thank you for the support

over a year ago

I used “you” in my reply as a plural not as a singular (in other words not directly referencing the OP)

I wish this POV was more widespread. I think repeated infidelity is absolutely a form of emotional abuse."

Correct

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

One of the worst things you can do to someone.

We steer well clear of cheaters. If they break that level of trust with their partner we have zero time for them

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Completely devastating and the ultimate act of selfish behaviour. It can tear someones life, confidence and peace of mind apart for what could be as little as one moment of sexual gratification.

Hope you’re ok OP. My advice would be to take plenty of time to heal and get as much support as you need

Thank you means a lot and I found support but it still hurts bad "

Unfortunately it will hurt a lot for a while, but in time the hurt will start to fade. Glad to hear that you have some support. Try and stay busy, do things that make you feel good (spending time with friends, the gym, any hobbies you enjoy). You’ll be feeling better in no time and there’s always people to chat to on here if your mind starts wandering, day or night.

I know it will be hard to see it like this at the moment, but it’s far better to find out now rather than wasting any more years on someone who doesn’t deserve you

over a year ago

"People shouldn't cheat. If your not happy leave or open the relationship up. "

That's very black or white. Many situations are gray!

Imagine being me. I'm stuck in a sexless marriage that I can't leave without really affecting the lives of my children. I can't address the issues, open up the relationship, through discussion with my wife because she doesn't want to open anything up, not even to agree that we can both see others. I earn really good money and she and the kids have a nice lifestyle, as do I, and as far as any outsider can tell, we're a nice family.

She's also "cheating", but it's discreet if apparent to me from charges that appear on our bank statements.

So if I have sex with other women or form relationships with them, am I cheating? Or is not really because we're kind of aware, even if it hasn't been made explicit?

I don't think I am. I have come across many women in this situation and presume that there are men also in this situation.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Move on, OP and become a bigger and better person.

over a year ago

"People shouldn't cheat. If your not happy leave or open the relationship up.

That's very black or white. Many situations are gray!

Imagine being me. I'm stuck in a sexless marriage that I can't leave without really affecting the lives of my children. I can't address the issues, open up the relationship, through discussion with my wife because she doesn't want to open anything up, not even to agree that we can both see others. I earn really good money and she and the kids have a nice lifestyle, as do I, and as far as any outsider can tell, we're a nice family.

She's also "cheating", but it's discreet if apparent to me from charges that appear on our bank statements.

So if I have sex with other women or form relationships with them, am I cheating? Or is not really because we're kind of aware, even if it hasn't been made explicit?

I don't think I am. I have come across many women in this situation and presume that there are men also in this situation."

Two adults living together whilst being dishonest and unloving with each other may be doing more harm to the children than their parents separating and seeking happiness.

There no excuse for cheating.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I'm guessing this is the first time you've been in the forum, as this is discussed/berated every week in here....

By *ootlooseMan
over a year ago

kildare

Mrs "

Couldn’t agree more

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

How does your body react to betrayal?

A betrayed person may experience:

Paranoia. Hypervigilance or feelings that nothing is safe. A sense of inadequacy or embarrassment. Shame or self-blame.

What happens to your brain after betrayal?

Experiencing betrayal, a form of emotional abuse, can cause various post-traumatic stress disorder. Symptoms such as flashbacks, nightmares and impaired sleeping, depression, anxiety, brain fog, distrust, dissociation, are common. Betrayed partners often feel as if their reality has been shaken to its core.

I think it's safe to say, healing can be long and arduous, confusing and really fucking hard.

By *ootlooseMan
over a year ago

kildare

Like other posters here OP, it is a form of emotional abuse, especially when you really love the other person and think it could never happen and she would never hurt you like that.

It happened to me 14 months ago, very long relationship with young children. She went off with another guy hotel organised for the night all planned out. Our youngest was a year old!!

I was devastated confused and truly hurt.

I’m really only coming back to normal now, it’s a rough road OP, and it’s probably going to get worse before it gets better tbh. But as a wise old man said “this to shall pass” just keep thinking how lucky you are to have found out, many don’t!

Just another thing, sorry if I’m hijacking your thread slightly but your story struck a nerve with me

GUYS- we don’t talk enough to each other, we don’t share our burdens or what we’re going through, give a lad an ear to listen for 5 minutes you would be amazed at how helpful it is… women can do it and are great at it but we aren’t but I think that’s changing these days a wee bit..

OP feel free to message me if you want to unload or vent.. I know what your going through lad

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I don’t think that you are cheating if your marriage is over.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

Nobody should cheat, that's my input

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Better to improve your communication with your partner, or to leave - if you've no hope of being trustworthy, honest and more intimate, from your communication.

over a year ago

Cheating on someone is the lowest form of any normal human behaviour, if you're not happy just leave , it's tough ok but not near as bad as cheating or being cheated on .

over a year ago

Thank you means a lot and I found support but it still hurts bad

Unfortunately it will hurt a lot for a while, but in time the hurt will start to fade. Glad to hear that you have some support. Try and stay busy, do things that make you feel good (spending time with friends, the gym, any hobbies you enjoy). You’ll be feeling better in no time and there’s always people to chat to on here if your mind starts wandering, day or night.

I know it will be hard to see it like this at the moment, but it’s far better to find out now rather than wasting any more years on someone who doesn’t deserve you "

Thank you your words touched me even though I don’t know you thank you

over a year ago

"Move on, OP and become a bigger and better person. "

Thank you

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

Yeah it sucks and it's not worth it if it is break up with the other person

If you want to swing discuss it

over a year ago

I'm guessing this is the first time you've been in the forum, as this is discussed/berated every week in here...."

Thanks will take a look

over a year ago

"Like other posters here OP, it is a form of emotional abuse, especially when you really love the other person and think it could never happen and she would never hurt you like that.

It happened to me 14 months ago, very long relationship with young children. She went off with another guy hotel organised for the night all planned out. Our youngest was a year old!!

I’m really only coming back to normal now, it’s a rough road OP, and it’s probably going to get worse before it gets better tbh. But as a wise old man said “this to shall pass” just keep thinking how lucky you are to have found out, many don’t!

Just another thing, sorry if I’m hijacking your thread slightly but your story struck a nerve with me

GUYS- we don’t talk enough to each other, we don’t share our burdens or what we’re going through, give a lad an ear to listen for 5 minutes you would be amazed at how helpful it is… women can do it and are great at it but we aren’t but I think that’s changing these days a wee bit..

OP feel free to message me if you want to unload or vent.. I know what your going through lad "

Thank you I have and found support I even talk to Samaritans

over a year ago

"Nobody should cheat, that's my input "

I ain’t we are no longer together

over a year ago

"Yeah it sucks and it's not worth it if it is break up with the other person

If you want to swing discuss it "

We are no longer thought we are both just waiting for paperwork

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

One thing I woukd steer clear of is the "support" groups on FB.

I mean, I get why they're there, but in truth all they do is highlight just how prevalent and common cheating is.

I went there looking for others who've been through it and I found them, in abundance. Hundreds of new people joining daily and it was utterly heartbreaking. It didn't help at all, all it did was make me more suspicious of the world around me and the people who inhabit it. It didn't give me hope, it gave me disappointment.

over a year ago

"Like other posters here OP, it is a form of emotional abuse, especially when you really love the other person and think it could never happen and she would never hurt you like that.

OP feel free to message me if you want to unload or vent.. I know what your going through lad

Thank you I have and found support I even talk to Samaritans "

Best thing you can do is get therapy/ chat to someone who can help you work through your feelings, preventing it becoming unhealthy baggage you bring into other friendships/ relationships. It can bother you in the most random ways. Take care xo

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

It leaves an imprint on people that they carry around forever. Unable to fully trust others.

Yeah they can work on that, but to be honest, they shouldn’t have to. Just be loyal.

And yeah yeah, never judge another person until you’ve walked in their shoes.

over a year ago

"One thing I woukd steer clear of is the "support" groups on FB.

I mean, I get why they're there, but in truth all they do is highlight just how prevalent and common cheating is.

I went there looking for others who've been through it and I found them, in abundance. Hundreds of new people joining daily and it was utterly heartbreaking. It didn't help at all, all it did was make me more suspicious of the world around me and the people who inhabit it. It didn't give me hope, it gave me disappointment. "

Thanks and thanks for all your support and comments I tried to message you but your profile is hidden

over a year ago

Thank you I have and found support I even talk to Samaritans

Best thing you can do is get therapy/ chat to someone who can help you work through your feelings, preventing it becoming unhealthy baggage you bring into other friendships/ relationships. It can bother you in the most random ways. Take care xo"

Thank you I appreciate it

over a year ago

"It leaves an imprint on people that they carry around forever. Unable to fully trust others.

Yeah they can work on that, but to be honest, they shouldn’t have to. Just be loyal.

And yeah yeah, never judge another person until you’ve walked in their shoes."

Thank you

By *andC1000Couple
over a year ago

Ashford

Mrs "

Exactly this as well as the health risks involved with STIs

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman
over a year ago

Telford

Its an awful thing to do to somebody you supposedly love. It really messes people up.

over a year ago

I despise it and everything about it, it is soul destroying and quite frankly no one is ever worth laying awake at night asking why, I understand people might be in sexless marriages and crave intimacy, I know it’s not as simple of just leaving but knowingly engaging in any action that is likely to cause pain and hurt to another in my humble opinion is selfish and cowardly.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Sorry Miss Jackson hooooooo

By *otsecretlifeCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 24/11/22 20:40:09]

By *otsecretlifeCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Unlocks all the vagina"

Isn't this infinite lives on Sonic the hedgehog? Genuinely...

Post new Message to Thread