Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Xmas Party In work !

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Most will be enjoying the festivities and having a few drinks let there hair down after difficult year for us all

We generally have get together quite often and the last one due to having covid three times this year and in hospital with it in 2020

My issue is I don’t drink alcohol anymore so when I go out I generally drink juice now or coffee if they have it

Got the piss ripped out me on the last one oh you’re boring have drink I don’t wish to though all male workplace

I don’t really give a flying fig what they think or say think I told the manager last time to fuck of mind his own business

Do you think I’m being unreasonable or grinch

Think the last time had drink jd mixer two years ago

Opinions appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I find Peroni zero alcohol beer very pleasant

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I think if your colleagues equate you not drinking with being boring it’s more a reflection on themselves.

I like a social drink but always take it easy on office nights out - no one wants to be the idiot at the party that everyone is laughing about the next day!

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

You do you.

I don’t drink often, I don’t need it to have a good time. If someone wants to label me a bore for not having a drink… oh well.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

You need better work colleagues. I've never drank when I went out with them, they asked why, I told them, and that was that. Didn't stop me having fun or them still having banter with me. It's the same whenever I go out and meet new people

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

Stick to your guns

Who says their opinion of you matters? it really doesnt. They can go do one!

Be kind to your body, stay healthy, avoid d*unken behaviour coz its better for your reputation to avoid the booze.

over a year ago

"I think if your colleagues equate you not drinking with being boring it’s more a reflection on themselves.

I like a social drink but always take it easy on office nights out - no one wants to be the idiot at the party that everyone is laughing about the next day! "

It is what it is never stay about to long as most of them pissed before the second pint or mixer it’s

I don’t drink at all tried the peroni zero alcohol and few non alcoholic drinks

Think this year stick to fruit juice or tea or coffee if they label me bore

I’m bore then jog on

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You do you……. Simples

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh god I hate it when people do this. It's the same with dancing, my manager once physically pulled me onto the dance floor after I'd told her I didn't want to and a neighbour suggested coming to a Christmas do with us asking "do you dance?" When I replied that I didn't she said "you will if I'm there", we didn't invite her...

Leave people alone to enjoy things their way

By *iss FuegoWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat - Albania

I'm a bit fond of the hard stuff but totally respect people that don't drink alcohol. Your colleagues are total cockwombles if they put pressure on you to 'have a proper drink'.. Just be smug in the knowledge that you will never have the shame of running through fountains after leaving a bar with your colleagues or missing your stop 3 times cos you kept falling asleep on a bus!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Also there is nothing more boring than inebriated people when you're sober

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

I used to be one of those people who tried to encourage others to drink

I now don't drink, but I have a cunning plan. I drink tonic zero with ice and lemon. Most think its gin and tonic.

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"I'm a bit fond of the hard stuff but totally respect people that don't drink alcohol. Your colleagues are total cockwombles if they put pressure on you to 'have a proper drink'.. Just be smug in the knowledge that you will never have the shame of running through fountains after leaving a bar with your colleagues or missing your stop 3 times cos you kept falling asleep on a bus! "

Wow, if that's the totally of your shame you really haven't d*unk enough

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

"Also there is nothing more boring than inebriated people when you're sober"

Agree with this 100%!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've never tasted alcohol in my life and have been told a few times I'm not a real man if I don't drink or I'm a fake Irishman for refusing to get pissed.

None of those comments were from work colleagues.

They've all respected my choice and insisted I wasn't allowed to contribute to the kitty at the Christmas party. In fact they used to give me the kitty and I looked after it during the night.

I've always been the one to take many of them home afterwards which they've all appreciated.

Anyone insisting you drink for the sake of it is a dick.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Most will be enjoying the festivities and having a few drinks let there hair down after difficult year for us all

"

Especially MPs as it has been decided the public can foot the bill for their party decorations, food and soft drinks.

By *iss FuegoWoman
over a year ago

"I'm a bit fond of the hard stuff but totally respect people that don't drink alcohol. Your colleagues are total cockwombles if they put pressure on you to 'have a proper drink'.. Just be smug in the knowledge that you will never have the shame of running through fountains after leaving a bar with your colleagues or missing your stop 3 times cos you kept falling asleep on a bus!

Wow, if that's the totally of your shame you really haven't d*unk enough "

Lol. I'm trying to maintain some 'lady on the streets' dignity here. That's the tip of the iceberg

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"I'm a bit fond of the hard stuff but totally respect people that don't drink alcohol. Your colleagues are total cockwombles if they put pressure on you to 'have a proper drink'.. Just be smug in the knowledge that you will never have the shame of running through fountains after leaving a bar with your colleagues or missing your stop 3 times cos you kept falling asleep on a bus!

Wow, if that's the totally of your shame you really haven't d*unk enough

Lol. I'm trying to maintain some 'lady on the streets' dignity here. That's the tip of the iceberg "

Feel free to regale us with your stories of photocopying your fine ass.

Or similar

over a year ago

So I’ll stick to my guns then

Quite enjoy telling my manager and his to bog off

They treat us like muppets all year round then expect us to be happy with few drinks and meal at local Indian restaurant

Which by the way we have to pay for all ourselves

Think I got myself in hot water last year told the Managing Director just what I thought of him and company

I told him we see Santa more than him he thought it was alcohol until my manager told him I am tee total lol

Thank you for comments and indeed I will stick to my guns

Thank you for all informative comments

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I grew to really dislike work Christmas parties, eventually I just didn't go.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Why would it even matter to them if you drink or not

Go and have a great time and look forward to waking up without the dreaded beer fear!

over a year ago

Just act even more outrageous than usual, tell colleagues they are dicks, and no one would ever know!

Felix navidad!

over a year ago

I really dislike when people try to peer pressure you into having a drink. What does it matter to them whether you do or don’t. If you can enjoy your night without it , that’s all that matters.

By *iss FuegoWoman
over a year ago

"Just act even more outrageous than usual, tell colleagues they are dicks, and no one would ever know!

Felix navidad!"

He's on to something here. Pretend to drink as they have pressured you. Run amok causing havoc and telling everyone exactly what you think of them. Then when HR pull you for a chat you can say you have no recollection and it's because your colleagues plied you with drink

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Just act even more outrageous than usual, tell colleagues they are dicks, and no one would ever know!

"

Seems that is what he did to the boss last year

By *KG12Couple
over a year ago

Burnley

Fully agree with what others have said.

Them thinking you are boring is a reflection on them, not you. Qudos to you for not having a drink in over two years.

Goes to prove, people don't need a drink to have a good time.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I drink very little, usually just a mixer without alcohol, but love a Christmas party. There’s usually some fun to be had….

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Nope you do what works for you op ,I don't get why it bothers them so much.

I don't even go to my work dos,all they do is moan about work !.

over a year ago

Try a Mai tai op it’s two of your five a day

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Nope you do what works for you op ,I don't get why it bothers them so much.

I don't even go to my work dos,all they do is moan about work !."

Yep and I could hardly bear to work with 90% of them why would I want to spend my leisure time with them

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Most will be enjoying the festivities and having a few drinks let there hair down after difficult year for us all

We generally have get together quite often and the last one due to having covid three times this year and in hospital with it in 2020

My issue is I don’t drink alcohol anymore so when I go out I generally drink juice now or coffee if they have it

Got the piss ripped out me on the last one oh you’re boring have drink I don’t wish to though all male workplace

I don’t really give a flying fig what they think or say think I told the manager last time to fuck of mind his own business

Do you think I’m being unreasonable or grinch

Think the last time had drink jd mixer two years ago

Opinions appreciated "

Fuck em.

If they want to try and dictate how you enjoy life then they need to give their heads a wobble.

I don't do Xmas work events any more being self employed, but I used to manage a large team and wouldn't have put up with that shit. Respect people's lifestyles or leave. That was always the rule.

A

over a year ago

If you don't want to drink then don't drink, there's nothing wrong with not drinking when going out

Tell them it's none of the business and to sod off

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I used to drink a lot back in the day, then I had a 13 year spell of not drinking alcohol then I went back to it. Now I don’t drink alcohol again.

I don’t miss drinking and I don’t have a better time when I drink. I can have amazing times without a drop of alcohol.

Some people do think you’re boring if you don’t drink and they try to encourage you to have a tipple. Those people need to behave

over a year ago

Thank you for input all

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"I find Peroni zero alcohol beer very pleasant"

Really!

All the alcohol free stuff I have d*unk, tastes awful.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I find Peroni zero alcohol beer very pleasant

Really!

All the alcohol free stuff I have d*unk, tastes awful."

I am actually drinking one now. It tastes just like lager to me

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"Nope you do what works for you op ,I don't get why it bothers them so much.

I don't even go to my work dos,all they do is moan about work !.

Yep and I could hardly bear to work with 90% of them why would I want to spend my leisure time with them"

Exactly !

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Get s***-faced and stop being so boring.

No good call it's their problem, not yours.

By *irthmasterCoolMan
over a year ago

Leeds

PPl enjoy a drink ppl don't shouldn't make any difference on the enjoyment of the evening each to the own fck the haters

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I like alcohol free koppaberg, it tastes the same as the alcoholic one. I get tired of drinking cola all the time

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I don’t attend the Christmas office party as I don’t dance and not really a drinker so rather than be made to feel uncomfortable I just decline to go.As for the section team Christmas lunch for the first time in 4 years I will be attending as there is only 7 in the team and I get on better with the team and manager I have.My previous manager and I did not get on and I stopped going to her Christmas lunches and team builds out of principal.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

One of my close friends doesn't drink and when we are all out we just respect that

over a year ago

Nope, you're not being unreasonable. People who think you have to drink to have a good time are the absolute worst. Alcohol is so overrated.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Wow, if that's the totally of your shame you really haven't d*unk enough "

I know there's a so this is intended to be banter but this sort of attitude is tiresome. Even more so on a thread about being pressurised socially in to drinking alcohol

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I find Peroni zero alcohol beer very pleasant

Really!

All the alcohol free stuff I have d*unk, tastes awful."

The alcohol free Peroni tastes just like Peroni.

As someone that very occasionally drinks (so knows what the alcohol versions taste like) there are plenty of tasty alcohol free options around

over a year ago

Boring people are the ones who need alcohol to have fun..Teetotal here.. I have the Last laugh when I can laugh at the d*unk fools for their d*unken indiscretions..lol

Post new Message to Thread