Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why are they selling manchester united?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I have just heard about it and it seems that the glazer family will sell it. I heard that it might just be a part or all of it, they seem to be very unpopular owner, do you know more about it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Probably the reason FSG selling Liverpool

And let’s be honest most Utd fans would love to see the backs of the glazers

Morning shag

over a year ago

Could be the fallout from the Ronaldo fiasco. Part of their business plan (it was never about the sport for them) I dunno, but maybe , JUST MAYBE, the fans won’t have anymore excuses for crying every time we get bet beat!!

By *aptain VMan
over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

"I have just heard about it and it seems that the glazer family will sell it. I heard that it might just be a part or all of it, they seem to be very unpopular owner, do you know more about it? "

Seems the yanks know something we don't for both Liverpool and man u owners to be considering selling

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Probably because they're more interested in money than sport?

A bit like FIFA really.

A

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Team's shirt sponsor on the verge of pulling out, the Ronaldo interview, the stadium costing a bomb to repair, few of the Glazer siblings in a bad financial way.

Basically, the golden goose has stopped laying eggs.

over a year ago

Why sell? They bought it for around £780m million and it's now worth much more since Chelsea was sold for £4.5 billion. So selling to cash in & repay the man in the pub who lent them the £780 million. Nice profit - I hope they buy the man a drink

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/11/22 09:02:20]

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Probably the reason FSG selling Liverpool

And let’s be honest most Utd fans would love to see the backs of the glazers

Morning shag "

Morning and yes, you are right too, they probably wouldnt want them there

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Could be the fallout from the Ronaldo fiasco. Part of their business plan (it was never about the sport for them) I dunno, but maybe , JUST MAYBE, the fans won’t have anymore excuses for crying every time we get bet beat!! "
Yes. I also heard about that ronaldo drama there, that could be one reason too.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Super League won’t get off the ground and like someone else said the Chelsea sale has hiked up their market value massively. That’s not to say someone will buy it at that price but the global brand value surely vastly exceeds that of Chelsea.

over a year ago

Same reason for every decision they make - money.

over a year ago

I heard Jon bon jovi is gonna buy it, apparently hes half way there...

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I have just heard about it and it seems that the glazer family will sell it. I heard that it might just be a part or all of it, they seem to be very unpopular owner, do you know more about it? It's all over the news "
no not heard anything

over a year ago

The real question should be who would want to buy it

By *eachcplCouple
over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

They have stripped all the assets out if the club, failed to put any money up to buy world class players which is why the team is weak in so many areas, then want five times more than they paid for the club initially. They have been disgraceful owners and will not be missed.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"They have stripped all the assets out if the club, failed to put any money up to buy world class players which is why the team is weak in so many areas, then want five times more than they paid for the club initially. They have been disgraceful owners and will not be missed. "

And yet, I would still rather have them than become a sports washing project like City, Chelsea, Newcastle, and PSG but it looks like that's the way football is going

By *eardedman7Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

Got no choice, fans want them out, their money making player called them out had to sack him, stripped assets, sponsors want to leave (teamviewer) adidas contract ends in a season and a half and the value of when they did the original contract will be much less. Also Liverpool trying to sell has seen interest so may as well put the club for sale and make use of interested parties

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I have just heard about it and it seems that the glazer family will sell it. I heard that it might just be a part or all of it, they seem to be very unpopular owner, do you know more about it? "

Money. They have milked it and driven it into the dirt.... Time to move on.

By *he terrierMan
over a year ago

gateshead

The glazier family are very unliked owners just like when Mike Ashley had Newcastle United its not about football anymore its about profit

over a year ago

Not worth a fiver

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Shag, your asking this question on a site using a device that some corporate entity sold to you..

Is that enough of a clue

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Not worth a fiver"

I'll have a bet with you that they get more than a fiver for it.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Probably based on the principle that their investment has now “matured”, in the sense that it’s now worth more than they paid for it.

Might also be because a handful of individuals and corporations have made obscene amounts of money due to Covid/War/Energy Market and there is an awful lot of money out there that needs a “home” and it’s likely to find that home in things like sports teams

over a year ago

There's a world recession coming or has started. Incomes and values will decline. So best to get your money out while you can.

Fans not wanting them there has nothing to do with it. Fans have been making the same noise from the day they bought it.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Not worth a fiver

I'll have a bet with you that they get more than a fiver for it. "

5er billion

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The real question should be who would want to buy it "

And I can give you the answer… sir Jim Radcliffe.. Britains richest man… get ready to see INEOS plastered all across the shirts

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I have just heard about it and it seems that the glazer family will sell it. I heard that it might just be a part or all of it, they seem to be very unpopular owner, do you know more about it?

Money. They have milked it and driven it into the dirt.... Time to move on. "

Yes. I think so too it is all about the money. I wonder how much money is left in the club, maibe they have drained it totally.

over a year ago

"The real question should be who would want to buy it

And I can give you the answer… sir Jim Radcliffe.. Britains richest man… get ready to see INEOS plastered all across the shirts "

Sir James Dyson is the UK’s richest man, used to work for him on his private estate and it’s certainly spread to behold

over a year ago

I hope that whoever buys United that they are football people first and foremost.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I have just heard about it and it seems that the glazer family will sell it. I heard that it might just be a part or all of it, they seem to be very unpopular owner, do you know more about it?

Money. They have milked it and driven it into the dirt.... Time to move on. Yes. I think so too it is all about the money. I wonder how much money is left in the club, maibe they have drained it totally."

I stand to be corrected but as I understand it... There is no "money in the club". They have massive debts but create enough revenue to service them. And will continue as they are a huge club with a successful commercial operation.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I hope that whoever buys United that they are football people first and foremost."

I don't think there is such a thing anymore, yes they want success on the pitch as that drives sales and profit etc but i think the days of such an ideal went long ago..

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I hope that whoever buys United that they are football people first and foremost."

I have no dog in the fight. But I'd have thought the last person you want in charge of a football business is a "football person". Making sound business decisions doesn't sit well with making emotion led football ones. And football is a business.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

And I can give you the answer… sir Jim Radcliffe.. Britains richest man… get ready to see INEOS plastered all across the shirts

Sir James Dyson is the UK’s richest man, used to work for him on his private estate and it’s certainly spread to behold "

Ok… Bloomberg now call him the 2nd richest man in the uk.. so shoot me!!!!

Anyway he is a diehard manc worth more than 30 billion pounds….

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Shag, your asking this question on a site using a device that some corporate entity sold to you..

Is that enough of a clue "

Yes it is. I see what you did there and that is a good clue too, as richard branson owns virgin, but not all mobile devices

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I hope that whoever buys United that they are football people first and foremost.

I have no dog in the fight. But I'd have thought the last person you want in charge of a football business is a "football person". Making sound business decisions doesn't sit well with making emotion led football ones. And football is a business. "

I think you're right. Ideally they'll have a good idea to appoint football people in the right positions though as opposed to ex-bankers that helped them plunge a football club into debt.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

And I can give you the answer… sir Jim Radcliffe.. Britains richest man… get ready to see INEOS plastered all across the shirts "

I think he's pulled out of the race to concentrate on Nice otherwise he would've been a good option

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Sir James Dyson is the UK’s richest man, used to work for him on his private estate and it’s certainly spread to behold "

Oh no he's not lol 2 Indian brothers British of course are 23 billion

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I hope that whoever buys United that they are football people first and foremost.

I have no dog in the fight. But I'd have thought the last person you want in charge of a football business is a "football person". Making sound business decisions doesn't sit well with making emotion led football ones. And football is a business.

I think you're right. Ideally they'll have a good idea to appoint football people in the right positions though as opposed to ex-bankers that helped them plunge a football club into debt."

Thing is... If Chelsea were worth over 4 billion gbp... You can only imagine united will be double that. So anyone who's got 8 billion quid to spend has made some pretty sound decisions in the past.... Or an oil sheikh.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

By *od ThrusterMan
over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

1. A tidy profit

2. Now SL and Big Picture have fallen by the wayside (for now) they can't hope for other teams to pool money and pay for the upkeep of Old Trafford which is falling apart.

over a year ago

I have no dog in the fight. But I'd have thought the last person you want in charge of a football business is a "football person". Making sound business decisions doesn't sit well with making emotion led football ones. And football is a business. "

A person that has football and United at heart will succeed because success on the field will result in success financially, the glazers only wanted money , how many times have they been at Old Trafford in their lifetime,sad but the top players all want to play with rich successful clubs and not be held over a barrell like MU were when they paid over the top for professional wasters.

By *irthmasterCoolMan
over a year ago

Leeds

It'd fan my hole lifew 17 yrs waiting for the glazes to fck off

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Not really bothered to be honest, at least Derby County have a local owner and a lifelong fan

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"The real question should be who would want to buy it "

Maybe the Qatar government

By *al kalMan