Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Apple

Jump to newest

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Still can’t decide if I want to get an Apple Watch, wouldn’t be used as my daily watch,” would like to hear of your opinions on them looking at the GPS plus cellular

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What do you want it for?

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"What do you want it for?"

As a watch but as another gadget too, I am Apple has every think I have his Apple from my phone to my computer to my music system etc ,

over a year ago

"What do you want it for?

As a watch but as another gadget too, I am Apple has every think I have his Apple from my phone to my computer to my music system etc ,"

I personally think they are best worn most / all of the time to get the benefits of the health / fitness tracking etc.

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/11/22 23:32:39]

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"What do you want it for?

As a watch but as another gadget too, I am Apple has every think I have his Apple from my phone to my computer to my music system etc ,

I personally think they are best worn most / all of the time to get the benefits of the health / fitness tracking etc.

"

I hadn’t actually thought about the fitness part of it, I did used to have a Fitbit until it failed, that is another thought

over a year ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and I love the features....Not sure how it compares to the Apple watch, but I think they're similar.

over a year ago

"I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and I love the features....Not sure how it compares to the Apple watch, but I think they're similar. "

I have a heart condition so the blood pressure monitor and ECG are really useful for that

By *rLothbrokMan
over a year ago

Lancs

I’d recommend it. Not only for fitness/health monitoring, but for contactless pay, sleep tracking, I have my car remote linked to my watch too. A lot of useful apps for everyday on it.

By *hors fantasyCouple
over a year ago

Blackpool

It provides no features you actually care about why do you need to know your heart rate etc? And what can it do faster then pulling an actual phone from your pocket?

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"It provides no features you actually care about why do you need to know your heart rate etc? And what can it do faster then pulling an actual phone from your pocket?"

Now this is one reason I still haven’t brought one, is it something that I’m going to use a lot, or is it just gonna be one of those things are used once or twice and throw in the cupboard again

over a year ago

Sounds like you just want a gadget and have money to spare but don't actually need one, nor want any of it's features. I'd save your money being frank. If you won't want it as a daily wear and aren't bothered about the more incidental wearing functions like fitness etc, then is there anything we can so to convince you one way or the other?

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"Sounds like you just want a gadget and have money to spare but don't actually need one, nor want any of it's features. I'd save your money being frank. If you won't want it as a daily wear and aren't bothered about the more incidental wearing functions like fitness etc, then is there anything we can so to convince you one way or the other?"

This is the one thing ,I do enjoy my gadgets but my iPhone does most of the things the watch does so I really don’t know

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Get one as your main watch or don’t bother. As a main watch you can do so much without needing to use your phone all the time, it’s much more convenient when out and about travelling, gym in meetings, working etc

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

Get a Casio

over a year ago

"Get a Casio "

For telling the time, I have 3 of them. (don’t ask!)

For the price of an Apple Watch op, I’d buy a decent analogue that will home value, I can’t get into paying for a watch that needs charging up every other day.

But I did think about getting one for the gps thing, if that’s a priority I don’t think you’d regret buying it.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

It’s the built in obsolescence that bugs me. It’s another gadget you need to keep replacing because they stopped supporting it.

Like my Garmin, which became flakey after a phone update seemed to break the bluetooth.

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

Took the plunge !!! Ordered a product red series 8 gps / cellular 45 mm will be saying have I done the right thing for a week lol

By *ichaelsmyMan
over a year ago

douglas

Four fitbits that died

Apple Watch is better

By *uicy jones OP   Man
over a year ago

"Four fitbits that died

Apple Watch is better"

Hope so ,Likewise regarding Fitbits had two screens both failed

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Casio watch, great reviews and always affordable and classy.

I've got two Garmin forerunners, so they need charging a lot.

My daily watch is a lorus analogue.

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"It provides no features you actually care about why do you need to know your heart rate etc? And what can it do faster then pulling an actual phone from your pocket?"

Some people need to check their heart rate fairly regularly. My daughter uses whatsapp on her watch. If she's out somewhere and her phone is in her bag, she can check messages if they come in on her watch. I've also seen her able to take a glimpse at messages whilst cooking, whilst her phone's in another room.

Post new Message to Thread