Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

nappies???

Jump to newest

By *el65 OP   Man
over a year ago

paisley

okay , before anyone gets wrong idea, this is a general question for parents?

someone in family is due to have a baby soon , i asked what can i buy as a gift?

someone suggested a load of nappies as they will always be needed ,

so to parents of young childern , would this be a somthing that new parents would like of a WTF id this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"okay , before anyone gets wrong idea, this is a general question for parents?

someone in family is due to have a baby soon , i asked what can i buy as a gift?

so to parents of young childern , would this be a somthing that new parents would like of a WTF id this?

"

Any parents will tell you anything helps as they literally go through clothes and nappies like nothing else.

Problem with nappies in bulk they grow out of them fairly quickly, also you can't guarantee that the brand you buy will be compatible with baby.

Maybe vouchers to the value of.

Then they can get them as and when.

I'm sure it'll be far more appreciated than a silver rattle that's going to get put in a drawer and forgotten about.

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Just check they're not planning on using washable nappies before you do that. I seem to remember being given a lot of tiny clothes that would never get worn as we had too much. Remember how quick they grow. I was grateful for baby books, and other small items they could grow into. Might be best to ask the prospective parents if there's anything they really need

By *el65 OP   Man
over a year ago

paisley

thanks , vouchers seems a good one , and books , i did ask them and said buy anything dont think they liked to ask for something specific? thanks for the help

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

I don't think that's a very good present.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"okay , before anyone gets wrong idea, this is a general question for parents?

"

Mothercare gift card mate. safest bet...and maybe some babysitting gift cards. Lol!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

Yep, nappies, baby grows, baby wipes (fragrance free) are all great ideas. In various sizes too, not just for the newborn ages.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would buy a small token gift for the baby but would concentrate on Mum, everyone will be buying for the

baby. Maybe some pamper bits and an offer to babysit while she has a night to herself

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sleeping tablets would have been appreciated ! But can't go wrong with a voucher, even if it seems a bit impersonal it will still be used for something they want or need.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Buy clothes (neutral colours) but get them 3-6 months size wise.

So many people buy and gift the newborn and 0-3 outfits and then all of a sudden you have a baby that no longer fits into anything you have.

Post new Message to Thread