Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Creativity

Jump to newest

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

What is your creative skill, what do you?

I started doing art during lockdown for my mental health, rather than sit on the internet all day I bought some canvases and paints, I got given some mannequins and i made light features with them, the first one I made was bought by a local artist and it is in his studio. I found doing the art very therapeutic and cathartic. Some of the art was quite dark and reflected my mood at low points.

It was my mindfulness exercise.

Sorry for rambling on

Hope you are enjoying TOT

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Love this, dude.

What kinda painting did you go for? I do like the occasional watercolour or messy acrylic abstract, it's good fun

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Doing something you enjoy can be incredibly cathartic can't it? I've not played violin in a bit, will tune it and probably do so tomorrow.

I quite enjoy floristry. Ordered bits for a couple of wreaths and I'm looking forward to having an evening just switching off and cutting and wrapping to my heart's content.

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Love this, dude.

What kinda painting did you go for? I do like the occasional watercolour or messy acrylic abstract, it's good fun

"

Just dropped you a message fella

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

I do wood carving. It's fun so long as you don't slice your fingers Mr

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Doing something you enjoy can be incredibly cathartic can't it? I've not played violin in a bit, will tune it and probably do so tomorrow.

I quite enjoy floristry. Ordered bits for a couple of wreaths and I'm looking forward to having an evening just switching off and cutting and wrapping to my heart's content."

It really can Meli, Do it get that violin out and have a fiddle as to speak

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"I do wood carving. It's fun so long as you don't slice your fingers Mr "

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I make furniture very therapeutic

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Landscape photography for me. Like you, it really helps with my mental health as it gets me up early and exploring. I've always been a bit arty

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

I’m really not very artistic. I know what I want to create but just can’t manage it, so writing is as creative as I go. My imagination runs wild

over a year ago

I make stuff out of waste stuff and give it away.

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Landscape photography for me. Like you, it really helps with my mental health as it gets me up early and exploring. I've always been a bit arty "

I do photography as well have for many years

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"I’m really not very artistic. I know what I want to create but just can’t manage it, so writing is as creative as I go. My imagination runs wild "

Writing is amazing, my writing tends to be late at night when I am down so can be a bit dark, I do write poems and short stories as well.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I owned a sugarcraft shop for 10 years making all sorts of cake from birthday to wedding..Still do them in my spare time x

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

Ice sculpting

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

We could have a fabbers Arts and Crafts exhibition lol

over a year ago

I’ve been known to create and make stuff.

I love arty farty people. Those that are creative amaze me, some of the stuff they can imagine and then bring to life is fantastic and inspires me to do it every now and again.

Good stuff Op

over a year ago

I songwrite and had a song played on BBC radio before.

#funtruefacts

By *rispyDuckMan
over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

I'm into Aquascaping

Could spend whole day visiting aquatic stores looking for inspiration

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"I songwrite and had a song played on BBC radio before.

#funtruefacts"

awesome mate

over a year ago

I started travelling new star systems

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"… writing is as creative as I go. My imagination runs wild "

It really does.

Your photography on here is among the most creative on the site. Don’t forget that.

Personally, I’m creative for a living so I avoid creative hobbies like the plague. I need some downtime, for god’s sake.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I’m off to pottery tonight. I also like to write.

I’ve been known to needlefelt, resin craft, sew & knit.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Photography and painting people

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"I’m off to pottery tonight. I also like to write.

I’ve been known to needlefelt, resin craft, sew & knit. "

Whats on your potters wheel

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I work in the creative field so won't comment on that as it's 'shop talk' rather than a relaxing hobby.

In the little downtime I get I prefer to switch off from being creative and do the opposite - just enjoy movies, sport or shopping.

Trying to find a 'non creative' hobby when you spend most of your life being creative is actually harder than most think.

A

By *ovingSussexLifeMan
over a year ago

West Sussex

"What is your creative skill, what do you?

I started doing art during lockdown for my mental health, rather than sit on the internet all day I bought some canvases and paints, I got given some mannequins and i made light features with them, the first one I made was bought by a local artist and it is in his studio. I found doing the art very therapeutic and cathartic. Some of the art was quite dark and reflected my mood at low points.

Sorry for rambling on

Hope you are enjoying TOT "

I'd love to see what you've done with the mannequins, I have 6 in my garage that I want to convert to lights.

I upcycle furniture as a hobby, with 20% of profits going to local charities

over a year ago

Write songs,poetry and I am pretty much an avid crafter and sewer have done many art based courses and have made a variety of things in my time. I pretty much like creating things doesn’t matter what medium just don’t have much time atm.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

"I’m off to pottery tonight. I also like to write.

I’ve been known to needlefelt, resin craft, sew & knit.

Whats on your potters wheel"

Tonight I’ll be picking up a set of 3 pots that I glazed last week. This week I’m creating something special. But I can’t say because it’s a secret

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I'm an author, so hopefully I'm good at writing!

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

"… writing is as creative as I go. My imagination runs wild

It really does.

Your photography on here is among the most creative on the site. Don’t forget that.

Personally, I’m creative for a living so I avoid creative hobbies like the plague. I need some downtime, for god’s sake."

Aw thank you. I do like to try and be creative as well as express myself through my pics at times.

Forgot you’d read some of my stuff

over a year ago

I paint, write and sing. All at various levels of effectiveness, but it makes me happy! X

over a year ago

"I'm into Aquascaping

Could spend whole day visiting aquatic stores looking for inspiration "

What is Aquascaping?

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"What is your creative skill, what do you?

Sorry for rambling on

Hope you are enjoying TOT

I'd love to see what you've done with the mannequins, I have 6 in my garage that I want to convert to lights.

I upcycle furniture as a hobby, with 20% of profits going to local charities "

just dm'd you

By *uicy 2020Woman
over a year ago

London

I do needle crafts, mostly cross-stitch, but some needle felting atm. X

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

In my spare time, I'm involved in a creative industry, but that's the limit

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

I write - a novel, stories, poems, a play,comedy sketches. I've written and sung songs, though not for ages, and very occasionally love drawing.

What is our life without sub-creation?

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

[Removed by poster at 22/11/22 18:38:40]

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

I find the creative industry to be disappointing. Haven't said that looking to improve my drawings and take it to the next level of professionalism.

By *ocopops1962Man
over a year ago

Glasgow / Lindon

[Removed by poster at 22/11/22 18:43:38]

By *ocopops1962Man
over a year ago

Glasgow / Lindon

"I'm an author, so hopefully I'm good at writing! "

Fantastic , what do you write ?

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Words

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

I'm fairly good at drawing and writing. I also enjoy painting sometimes but I'm shite - often fancy doing a couple of lessons just to get my head around the basics and see whether I can become a bit less shite. If someone has the eye for drawing does it follow that they've got potential to become proficient in other media or does it not translate in that way?

Also, gardening is a lovely way to get creative and spend a bit of time outdoors.

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

I sew.

Baby quilts, dolls clothes, clothes, hair scrunchies, a jumper for my dog (she won't wear it). I'll have a go at sewing almost anything

D

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I'm an author, so hopefully I'm good at writing!

Fantastic , what do you write ? "

I mainly write Psychology books under my real name. And some sex/erotica/swinging books under the name JD Knight.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I'm fairly good at drawing and writing. I also enjoy painting sometimes but I'm shite - often fancy doing a couple of lessons just to get my head around the basics and see whether I can become a bit less shite. If someone has the eye for drawing does it follow that they've got potential to become proficient in other media or does it not translate in that way?

Also, gardening is a lovely way to get creative and spend a bit of time outdoors."

I won a competition in florida Disney studios once for drawing cartoon characters

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

"I'm fairly good at drawing and writing. I also enjoy painting sometimes but I'm shite - often fancy doing a couple of lessons just to get my head around the basics and see whether I can become a bit less shite. If someone has the eye for drawing does it follow that they've got potential to become proficient in other media or does it not translate in that way?

Also, gardening is a lovely way to get creative and spend a bit of time outdoors.I won a competition in florida Disney studios once for drawing cartoon characters "

Hopefully this wasn't recently.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Also, gardening is a lovely way to get creative and spend a bit of time outdoors.I won a competition in florida Disney studios once for drawing cartoon characters

Hopefully this wasn't recently."

why?

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

Also, gardening is a lovely way to get creative and spend a bit of time outdoors.I won a competition in florida Disney studios once for drawing cartoon characters

Hopefully this wasn't recently.why? "

Because a middle-aged man sat alone at Disneyland drawing pictures of Goofy doesn't sit well with me.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Hopefully this wasn't recently.why?

Because a middle-aged man sat alone at Disneyland drawing pictures of Goofy doesn't sit well with me."

lol hey it wasn't recently but all the people were adults, it was in the cartoon creation studio

over a year ago

I crochet and cross Stitch. Also sew but not much these days.

By *rtyIan OP   Man
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

So many creative people with such a wide range of talents c

Post new Message to Thread