Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I've come to a sad realisation about myself

Jump to newest

By *unandgamegeek OP   Man
over a year ago

Bolton

I hate me. Maybe not completely but there have been times where I feel a bit hateful about myself whenever I have anxiety.

I would be feeling self pity, feeling inadequate, feeling insecure, isolating myself from others, not feeling good enough and my inner critic would be nothing but negativity.

I want to find a way to get get myself out of it but I don't know how.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Have you seen a doctor. There are lots of places you can go to for self referral like MIND

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You don't have to fix yourself all by yourself there are people out there to help xx

over a year ago

I’m sorry you feel this way seek help, there are lots of different organisations out there for men especially and go to your GP.

It sounds like it won’t help but getting out for a walk regularly really does clear your head. Putting headphones on and listen to your favourite music while getting fresh air does wonders and really motivates you.

I hope things get better for you.

over a year ago

Been feeling that for over 3 yrs now...

over a year ago

"I hate me. Maybe not completely but there have been times where I feel a bit hateful about myself whenever I have anxiety.

I would be feeling self pity, feeling inadequate, feeling insecure, isolating myself from others, not feeling good enough and my inner critic would be nothing but negativity.

I want to find a way to get get myself out of it but I don't know how."

Get yourself checked out,Brother..

I've been in the very same position as yourself..Now I'm at peace with myself and those around me..

Try mindfulness, it helped me massively,and it's a positive way of retraining your way of thought..Honestly try it..

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Negative thinking brings negative thoughts, I know it’s easier said than done but instead of concentrating on the bad concentrate on the good, there must be stuff your good at, proud of, things that make you happy. We are all our own worst enemies, just got to learn to love yourself but only you know how to do that, people can show you the door you have to open it.

The mr

over a year ago

I would just like to point out that anxiety and depression lies to us. It tells us we are not good enough, We are not worth it, we don't deserve it.

As hard as it is remember these are lies. X

By *rmrshorny2Couple
over a year ago

Seaside

Talking about your feelings with someone who will listen

over a year ago

"I hate me. Maybe not completely but there have been times where I feel a bit hateful about myself whenever I have anxiety.

I want to find a way to get get myself out of it but I don't know how.

Get yourself checked out,Brother..

I've been in the very same position as yourself..Now I'm at peace with myself and those around me..

Try mindfulness, it helped me massively,and it's a positive way of retraining your way of thought..Honestly try it..

"

Mindfulness is a game changer!

I've done threads on it before that have been really helpful I won't see if I can find one or start another one.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Talk to someone look for your local Andy's Man club they are all over the country they meet on Mondays

I have suffered for years

I write a blog about mental health and have posted about subjects from antidepressants and libido, to suicide and erectile dysfunction. There are also posts about self-help for anxiety etc. I also do videos from the river I do my cold water dips in called bollox from the river.

Do not suffer in silence

My inbox is always open.

By *unandgamegeek OP   Man
over a year ago

Bolton

I've downloaded an app called Calm. Hopefully it could help.

over a year ago

Don't worry, I hate myself too..

By *ntmc_2001Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

No man's an island

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago