Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meet Etiquette and the forum

Jump to newest

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

If you were arranging/had arranged a meet with someone, would you be put off if you saw them flirting or talking about meeting other people on the forum?

How would you feel if you only saw it after you had met them?

Do you want to feel like you are a priority to them, or just another notch?

Would you prefer them to hold fire on flirting with other people until after you have met them?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *hromosexualsCouple
over a year ago

Near Abercynon

I don't think it would be right to assume you had any claim to them before or after your meet.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hope she calls me for FFM

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I'd be put off. Lack of discretion doesn't work for me.

Swinging apparently is sharing and telling the world every detail of your sexual encounters. And documenting the sex and coffee reviews for others to assess......

Reply privately

over a year ago

I assume alot of people would feel jealousy but it's only justified to be upset with the person about it IF they have stated they are only interested in you.

Just the nature of the game!

Reply privately

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

Interesting thread OP, I will be watching it closely.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I tend not to care what others think or write of me. If I am meeting, someone, I am doing it for myself. And if they meet me, I'm obviously good enough for them.

Reply privately

By *ansexualPandaMan
over a year ago

Near You

"If you were arranging/had arranged a meet with someone, would you be put off if you saw them flirting or talking about meeting other people on the forum?

Would you prefer them to hold fire on flirting with other people until after you have met them?"

I wouldn't feel anything unless there had been some kind of agreement for exclusivity. It's swinging after all!

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

No. It is a swinging site were people look for meets. I don't need to be that persons priority.

What would put me off is the indiscretion of arranging a meet publically.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I wouldn't feel anything unless there had been some kind of agreement for exclusivity. It's swinging after all!"

Forget any talk of exclusivity, would you feel happy that they were meeting others in an overt way or would you feel put out that they just seem to be lining up meet after meet after meet?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I assume alot of people would feel jealousy but it's only justified to be upset with the person about it IF they have stated they are only interested in you.

Just the nature of the game!"

TLDR version charge it to the game

Reply privately

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple
over a year ago

Weymouth

We wouldn't be worried at all, we tend not to cast our net too wide and prefer to befriend people we meet. There's not a limit on friendship and certainly no limit on who others can sleep with

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"No. It is a swinging site were people look for meets. I don't need to be that persons priority.

What would put me off is the indiscretion of arranging a meet publically."

Would you consider it indiscretion if they were keeping your meet private, but meets with others more public?

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

It wouldn’t and doesn’t bother me at all.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I tend not to care what others think or write of me. If I am meeting, someone, I am doing it for myself. And if they meet me, I'm obviously good enough for them."

Is there any chance that your ego or self esteem could take a knocking if you felt they were happier being overt about meeting someone else but not you?

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

If I was arranging to meet for a social it wouldn't normally bother me if they were flirting in the forums or arranging other socials.

However I will never be anyones plan B or just a number so I wouldn't be impressed if they had multiple socials on the same day and they were clock watching.

A long time ago a woman cancelled a social meet due to work pressures but then displayed 2 new verifications the next morning, one of which even mentioned the coffee shop we were supposed to meet in.

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I like seeing people from the forum. You get a proper feel for their personality

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"No. It is a swinging site were people look for meets. I don't need to be that persons priority.

Would you consider it indiscretion if they were keeping your meet private, but meets with others more public?"

Yes, as then I would wonder if they were telling people in private about our meet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/11/22 11:21:30]

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I tend not to care what others think or write of me. If I am meeting, someone, I am doing it for myself. And if they meet me, I'm obviously good enough for them.

Is there any chance that your ego or self esteem could take a knocking if you felt they were happier being overt about meeting someone else but not you?"

Ah sorry I was coming from a different angle, do you mean it doesn't bother you if they arrange meets publically but they are not mentioning yours?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'd rather not see meets with others arranged under my nose but I wouldn't expect or want to be someone's priority when I wouldn't make them mine. The exception is while we're actually meeting, I'd expect to be their priority then and vice versa.

Flirting is good though and it's nice to see people being friendly

Reply privately

By *ansexualPandaMan
over a year ago

Near You

"I wouldn't feel anything unless there had been some kind of agreement for exclusivity. It's swinging after all!

Forget any talk of exclusivity, would you feel happy that they were meeting others in an overt way or would you feel put out that they just seem to be lining up meet after meet after meet?"

No, it wouldn't bother me.

Reply privately

By *unnilingualMan
over a year ago

Margate

Poor form in my view. A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell.

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Would you consider it indiscretion if they were keeping your meet private, but meets with others more public?"

I've had a number of one to one socials with people who have not verified me or displayed my verification so I can only assume they don't want anyone to know we have met.

That's their perogative but I find it strange that even when I meet those same people at group socials they are content to display veries from others we were both in conversation with but not mine.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I tend not to care what others think or write of me. If I am meeting, someone, I am doing it for myself. And if they meet me, I'm obviously good enough for them.

Is there any chance that your ego or self esteem could take a knocking if you felt they were happier being overt about meeting someone else but not you?

Ah sorry I was coming from a different angle, do you mean it doesn't bother you if they arrange meets publically but they are not mentioning yours?"

It could be either.

The lack of discretion that they are broadcasting meeting others, and so may be talking about your meets privately.

But also how you might feel if they appear more keen to LPP about meeting someone elsr and not you.

Would you feel put off, a Plan B, jealous or be happy safe that you are still meeting them?

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"If you were arranging/had arranged a meet with someone, would you be put off if you saw them flirting or talking about meeting other people on the forum?

Would you prefer them to hold fire on flirting with other people until after you have met them?"

Does it happen? Yes.

Should it happen? No.

In 14 years I've seen it frequently between singles. Less so with couples.

Just a an observation.

A

Reply privately

By *eybert77Man
over a year ago

Ramsey

This is an interesting topic. Personally I don’t mind. I certainly wouldn’t look at it as being another notch so to speak..

But as someone mentioned below if there was an inference of exclusivity then maybe.

The people I have been fortunate to meet and have fun with I enjoy seeing them happy and having fun and even if I’m in their company would (and have) find it quite a turn on seeing them play with others (sorry slightly off topic to the original post) .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally, flirt away. But that neither makes it wrong nor right.

If they did this after agreeing not to. Bad form.

By all means, don't meet them of its not for you. But if not worry about working out who was wrong. Neither. It's just not an allignment

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"If I was arranging to meet for a social it wouldn't normally bother me if they were flirting in the forums or arranging other socials.

However I will never be anyones plan B or just a number so I wouldn't be impressed if they had multiple socials on the same day and they were clock watching.

A long time ago a woman cancelled a social meet due to work pressures but then displayed 2 new verifications the next morning, one of which even mentioned the coffee shop we were supposed to meet in.

"

I don’t think anyone wants to be a Plan B. But would you feel like a Plan B if you had arranged a meet that was still going to happen (in theory), but then saw them flirting or interacting on the forum with other people but not you?

Would you feel out out, or just shrug it off and look forward to seeing them in person?

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"We wouldn't be worried at all, we tend not to cast our net too wide and prefer to befriend people we meet. There's not a limit on friendship and certainly no limit on who others can sleep with "

There shouldn’t be.

But what behaviour on the forum, if any, could lead to you feeling put out or less enthused to meet someone?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah sorry I was coming from a different angle, do you mean it doesn't bother you if they arrange meets publically but they are not mentioning yours?"

I would think that if I wasn't mentioned, I'm seen a bit differently. That's more likely a positive thing because they get who I am. I do have very low ego though.

But if they're arranging meets and mentioning post ones publicly on forums or adding a veri the few days before, it's unlikely that I'd be bothered to put the effort into them. That would be more because I'm not interested in being someone that's ticked off a list.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it would depend on how I felt about them. I've built and spent so much time on relationships with some people where it has reached the point of becoming something special even if we are not committed to each other and I'd be pretty hurt feeling like I was just one of many on a list of people to do. I will end our relationship for that reason. I know that's unreasonable but I can't help it. I would say I get jealous, and it hurts seeing them do and say the same things to multiple other people when you believed you were different.

I'm currently trying to not get too deep with people I'm getting to know. I need to find the balance of getting comfortable with them but not getting too involved that my feelings will get hurt. I am working on it. But it's so tricky because I do love a meaningful connection where the chemistry is unreal.

I don't like myself.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Feeling like a priority is a good thing if that's how you want to feel. Feeling obligated because others made you a priority and it wasn't what you were after isn't a good thing. Having fun between consenting adults and talking to eachother is probably a good way to manage expectations and avoid hurting anyone's feelings. Nobody sets out to do that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you’re in the forums, you do get a sense of people, and if they’re naturally flirty, I would think it unreasonable for them to be expected to stop that behaviour with others, on here, because they’re meeting someone for a social.

However. They don’t have to slap you around the face with it and make you feel like merely an option.

Personally, I like to give one person or one couple my attention and I’d like to feel the same in response - even if I know there may be others in the background.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

No, it's just a meet and a casual relationship, not anything exclusive

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope not at all , this is a swinging site and I don’t expect exclusivity from anyone I see , even if we are regulars . I enjoy hearing about my fab friends adventures and actively encourage them .

I joined the site to get away from that kind of thought process .

Reply privately

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

If they had specifically said at any point that they weren’t meeting anyone else - I would be angry at the lie.

But otherwise I would just assume that they are setting up other meets anyway and that’s fine.

Besides I’m an incorrigible flirt on here, so I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on

Mrs m

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"It wouldn’t and doesn’t bother me at all. "

Even if it was someone you really really really really wanted to meet?

Someone at the top of your hotlist?

is there anything you could see that could make you question why they may be meeting you?

Reply privately

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I'd probably wish them a good time at said meet.

Mrs

Reply privately

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"If you were arranging/had arranged a meet with someone, would you be put off if you saw them flirting or talking about meeting other people on the forum?"

Not one bit.

"How would you feel if you only saw it after you had met them?"

I'd feel like high-fiving them for being a good flirt.

"Do you want to feel like you are a priority to them, or just another notch?"

Neither; feeling like a friend would be cool enough.

"Would you prefer them to hold fire on flirting with other people until after you have met them?"

No, that would be weird and dishonest.

Other opinions are available.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

It’s not my business so it wouldn’t put me off

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

It wouldn't put me off, it's the nature of the site. If I planned to meet someone, I can't expect them not to flirt with or meet anyone in the meantime. As long as they're having fun and being safe, then they can have as much fun as they want

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"If you’re in the forums, you do get a sense of people, and if they’re naturally flirty, I would think it unreasonable for them to be expected to stop that behaviour with others, on here, because they’re meeting someone for a social.

However. They don’t have to slap you around the face with it and make you feel like merely an option.

Personally, I like to give one person or one couple my attention and I’d like to feel the same in response - even if I know there may be others in the background."

So would you see any forum flirting, (hotlist confessions, my mate fancies you etc.) that excluded you as a slap in the face, or would you judge it based on the person and how “popular” they may be?

Do you consider forum interaction part of their attention, or just extra curricular activities?

Also this isn’t just about a social. If you had arranged a meet that would/could result in sexual activity, and you then saw them flirting with others on the forum, would you feel differently?

Reply privately

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Think the only time it used to bother me was if someone was openly flirting or hinting they'd met or going to with others and then blanking or ignoring me on threads after saying different in private or after meeting. Used to give a bit of a sting, now it's water off a ducks back and doesn't bother me.

Tg x

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Nope not at all , this is a swinging site and I don’t expect exclusivity from anyone I see , even if we are regulars . I enjoy hearing about my fab friends adventures and actively encourage them .

I joined the site to get away from that kind of thought process . "

Compersion is something that it appears some people struggle with, leading to feelings of jealousy, envy, FOMO and can then lead to meets being cancelled and friendships ended.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I think it does bother some, it's why you're not allowed to speak to me is it not?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I'd probably wish them a good time at said meet.

Mrs "

Same

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I have stopped talking to people in the past on the grounds that I don't want to feel like just the next wet hole along on the conveyor belt of a lothario. I'm not naive enough to believe that people aren't meeting others on a swinging site, but when they have their fingers in so many pies that they can't even remember what conversations they've had with who, or when they're obviously talking to more than one person and reply to the wrong chat thread, that's when I checked out - if they couldn't even invest enough interest in me to chat properly, how much (or little) were they going to invest in me during a meet? For instance, would they remember any likes/dislikes and boundaries that we'd discussed, or would they confuse them with those of one of the numerous others that they're lining up?

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Think the only time it used to bother me was if someone was openly flirting or hinting they'd met or going to with others and then blanking or ignoring me on threads after saying different in private or after meeting. Used to give a bit of a sting, now it's water off a ducks back and doesn't bother me.

Tg x"

I think thats a natural feeling.

No one likes being ignored or feeling lesser in someones eyes, in favour of someone else.

Even if they were still talking to you in private about a meet, did you still feel a sting?

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Would you prefer them to hold fire on flirting with other people until after you have met them?

I think it does bother some, it's why you're not allowed to speak to me is it not? "

I would tell you, but….

I’m not allowed to talk to you

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

No I wouldn't be put off. I expect that people I meet here are meeting other people. The only time anything like that has ever put me off was someone who kept leaving me hanging regarding our arrangements while posting statuses trying to make other arrangements. If I feel like a back up plan or feel I'm being messed around because of it then it's an issue. Someone who is respectful and puts some effort into our meet while also doing the same with other people is fine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So would you see any forum flirting, (hotlist confessions, my mate fancies you etc.) that excluded you as a slap in the face, or would you judge it based on the person and how “popular” they may be?"

I see those threads as fun, but I do get you, I do sometimes hope certain fabbers will mention my name, and sometimes they don’t and that’s fine.

"Do you consider forum interaction part of their attention, or just extra curricular activities"

To me, it’s private messages/texting/talking/video/face to face where it’s just me and them. I can’t expect to monopolise people’s attentions in a group forum, and I wouldn’t want to. Because I like being part of something, and I know others do too.

"Also this isn’t just about a social. If you had arranged a meet that would/could result in sexual activity, and you then saw them flirting with others on the forum, would you feel differently?"

I never assume anything will lead to sex. Real life chemistry is different to getting on well exchanging messages online. I might hope for it, but it’s not certain. That wouldn’t add to those feelings.

These are all my own thoughts and feelings though, and coloured by where I am in life, my experiences etc.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I have stopped talking to people in the past on the grounds that I don't want to feel like just the next wet hole along on the conveyor belt of a lothario. I'm not naive enough to believe that people aren't meeting others on a swinging site, but when they have their fingers in so many pies that they can't even remember what conversations they've had with who, or when they're obviously talking to more than one person and reply to the wrong chat thread, that's when I checked out - if they couldn't even invest enough interest in me to chat properly, how much (or little) were they going to invest in me during a meet? For instance, would they remember any likes/dislikes and boundaries that we'd discussed, or would they confuse them with those of one of the numerous others that they're lining up? "

That is a good point. The potential to conflate one persons desires and boundaries with another’s could be higher if they are talking with many people.

However, would you check out based solely on the persons forum interactions with others? What could they do or say that makes you feel like just another wet hole (or not)?

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

As long as they didn't name names it wouldn't bother me.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I like a bit of decorum to be fair

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not a swinger. At all. Not in the slightest. So my views are going to probably be different to many people on the site.

I like feeling like a priority. No, scrap that, I love it. Do I feel compersion for those I'm seeing/dating when they meet others? Sometimes yes. Most of the time it's just a fleeting "I hope they have a great time with that person" and not much more. It depends on how it's handled, some things give me the squick.

Am I bothered if someone is flirting all over the fora and discussing meeting people? It depends on the dynamic I have with that person. If I'm being ignored then yes because I like attention and also discretion. I want to feel like the other person/people are excited to meet me, me as a person and aren't just meeting me because it's something to do when bored.

But I think I can be a bit flirty sometimes so I'm not going to see red if they're telling Sue or Bob they really want to see their hairy bits. Actually I'm quite flirty sometimes.

I don't want to feel like I'm another orifice but I think it's more to do with how things are handled than the amount of people they flirt with/meet if that makes sense.

I'm quite lucky in that I tend to talk to those I'm compatible with and who operate in a similar way to me.

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"I have stopped talking to people in the past on the grounds that I don't want to feel like just the next wet hole along on the conveyor belt of a lothario. I'm not naive enough to believe that people aren't meeting others on a swinging site, but when they have their fingers in so many pies that they can't even remember what conversations they've had with who, or when they're obviously talking to more than one person and reply to the wrong chat thread, that's when I checked out - if they couldn't even invest enough interest in me to chat properly, how much (or little) were they going to invest in me during a meet? For instance, would they remember any likes/dislikes and boundaries that we'd discussed, or would they confuse them with those of one of the numerous others that they're lining up?

That is a good point. The potential to conflate one persons desires and boundaries with another’s could be higher if they are talking with many people.

However, would you check out based solely on the persons forum interactions with others? What could they do or say that makes you feel like just another wet hole (or not)?"

General flirting and chatting wouldn't bother me in the slightest. But if they were constantly simping and white knighting, especially if they had conveyed different views to me in private, would make me lose respect for them as a person, and therefore any interest that I may have had in meeting them.

Reply privately

By *elisandre300Woman
over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

I guess it would depend on who they were LPP on.

If it was someone I’d had a disagreement with or knew the person had a problem with me it could be an issue.

I guess it depends on how big or fragile my ego is feeling on that particular day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't want to meet people with loads of veris for the same reason.

I don't care if they've fucked 100 people this week, I just don't want to know about it or have my 'review' added to the list..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people flirt on Forum and some people spread gossip and discontent in private. I'd much rather meet up with the first group !

Reply privately

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

It's up to them what they do, it wouldn't bother me as I'm not here to be someone's one and only

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"

I see those threads as fun, but I do get you, I do sometimes hope certain fabbers will mention my name, and sometimes they don’t and that’s fine.

To me, it’s private messages/texting/talking/video/face to face where it’s just me and them. I can’t expect to monopolise people’s attentions in a group forum, and I wouldn’t want to. Because I like being part of something, and I know others do too.

I never assume anything will lead to sex. Real life chemistry is different to getting on well exchanging messages online. I might hope for it, but it’s not certain. That wouldn’t add to those feelings.

These are all my own thoughts and feelings though, and coloured by where I am in life, my experiences etc.

"

Thank you.

Absolutely, there should never be any expectation of sexual activity, however for some people it can be an “almost certainty” based on their conversations and possible prior social interactions.

So am I right in thinking that your view is that how people interact on the forum is less important to you than how they are in private?

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I don't want to meet people with loads of veris for the same reason.

I don't care if they've fucked 100 people this week, I just don't want to know about it or have my 'review' added to the list.."

Is your opinion based on visible veris? So if someone had 100 meets in a week but no veri’s would you care?

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Some people flirt on Forum and some people spread gossip and discontent in private. I'd much rather meet up with the first group ! "

Is there not a 3rd group who engage in both?

Would you view someone differently if you found out they were part of the 2nd group, especially if you wanted to meet them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its all theoretical at this point but im not sure id be all that bothered now

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some people flirt on Forum and some people spread gossip and discontent in private. I'd much rather meet up with the first group !

Is there not a 3rd group who engage in both?

Would you view someone differently if you found out they were part of the 2nd group, especially if you wanted to meet them?

"

Thats a fair point and yes, I would avoid the 2nd group in all circumstances.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No-one is anyone else's property, even in a committed relationship. When I have had an fwb (one at a time), we were exclusive because taht's what we both agreed....unless she fibbed of course..?

Reply privately

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"Think the only time it used to bother me was if someone was openly flirting or hinting they'd met or going to with others and then blanking or ignoring me on threads after saying different in private or after meeting. Used to give a bit of a sting, now it's water off a ducks back and doesn't bother me.

Tg x

I think thats a natural feeling.

No one likes being ignored or feeling lesser in someones eyes, in favour of someone else.

Even if they were still talking to you in private about a meet, did you still feel a sting?"

A slight one, but looking back I think it was just my insecurities feeding into it, they'd be openly flirting with people who were the total opposite to me looks, figure,personality, everything. so it made me doubt myself to whether they were actually genuine and did like me or if they were worried about what others would think if they knew we were talking/meeting. Now I couldn't give a flying fig I'm a different person now to what I was now in how I think of myself

Tg x

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

For me I guess it would depend on who the person was and our relationship was, or was likely to be in future. It would also depend on them and how they conducted themselves around me when we were together (were they respectful, did they try to belittle me or make unnecessary comparisons etc)

I know that I have banter in the forums with people that I have no sexual intentions towards. I’d hate to think that might put someone else off meeting them.

Reply privately

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

It is a swinging site not a dating site.

Unless the both of you have agreed to only see each other exclusively then it is not your business if they meet someone else.

If you don't like it maybe this is not the right site for you.

Reply privately

By *ittle cheeky oneWoman
over a year ago

scotland

Human nature to get jealous but put it in context. It's a swinging site and unless u state with said person u are exclusive in some way then you and them are free to arrange other meets.

For me the only time it bothers me is when I had met someone. Had a great time. Tried to arrange another meet and was told they were ill etc Then posts a veri showing they were out with another. Just be honest. If that's the case. And it was a one of. I'm an adult I can take it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For me I guess it would depend on who the person was and our relationship was, or was likely to be in future. It would also depend on them and how they conducted themselves around me when we were together (were they respectful, did they try to belittle me or make unnecessary comparisons etc)

I know that I have banter in the forums with people that I have no sexual intentions towards. I’d hate to think that might put someone else off meeting them.

"

Wait…what!!!

*cried into the lemon drizzle

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

"For me I guess it would depend on who the person was and our relationship was, or was likely to be in future. It would also depend on them and how they conducted themselves around me when we were together (were they respectful, did they try to belittle me or make unnecessary comparisons etc)

Wait…what!!!

*cried into the lemon drizzle "

I’m so glad you saw this. Otherwise our private conversation would have just got awkward

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"A slight one, but looking back I think it was just my insecurities feeding into it, they'd be openly flirting with people who were the total opposite to me looks, figure,personality, everything. so it made me doubt myself to whether they were actually genuine and did like me or if they were worried about what others would think if they knew we were talking/meeting. Now I couldn't give a flying fig I'm a different person now to what I was now in how I think of myself

Tg x"

Self doubt can be a fucker, and isn’t helped when in private people tell you one thing, yet their actions say another.

Even confident people can feel knocked back at times, especially if their perception of a thing is altered.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait…what!!!

I’m so glad you saw this. Otherwise our private conversation would have just got awkward "

I’ve just poured that gin down the drain and fed the salmon to the dog

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

Reply privately

over a year ago

It depends on the context, but I will never be someone’s second choice/plan B/other option.

My self esteem is a little fragile at times, and I know that it wouldn’t be good for me to feel like that, so I avoid it.

Although I participate in swinging life, I’m really not a swinger…

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait…what!!!

I’m so glad you saw this. Otherwise our private conversation would have just got awkward

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door "

If you wanna cry on my chest just saying you know, offers there.

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door "

You really know how to hurt me don’t you

Ok ok ok….I’ll eat the bastard lemon drizzle

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

If you wanna cry on my chest just saying you know, offers there."

What about the snot?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

Ok ok ok….I’ll eat the bastard lemon drizzle "

TOOOOO LATE

Reply privately

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Different perspective for us as a couple. Our priority is each other.

We have no expectations of anyone we may be friends with or chat to.

This is exactly why we don’t take this too seriously

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

If you wanna cry on my chest just saying you know, offers there."

Fella, if you wanna take her off my hands there’s a couple of pints in it for ya

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

What about the snot?"

That's ok you're a woman in need...any bodily fluids on my chest just for you. #bekind

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

Ok ok ok….I’ll eat the bastard lemon drizzle

TOOOOO LATE "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

Fella, if you wanna take her off my hands there’s a couple of pints in it for ya "

Well this has worked out very well indeed (evil laugh)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait…what!!!

*flounce

**huff

*** slams door

Fella, if you wanna take her off my hands there’s a couple of pints in it for ya "

#socruel

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally I think it's better keeping the forum and meeting completely separate. I know flirting and maybe meeting is the whole point of using the forum for lots, which makes total sense, but it doesn't appeal to me to cross the two. So I tend to neither flirt with nor meet anyone I know also visits here.*

*I have broken both those rules a few times and don't regret it, but I do try avoid it generally.

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Would you prefer them to hold fire on flirting with other people until after you have met them?"

Not at all. Do people really think like that?

The only thing that would put me off is if they used the names of people they'd met.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"

It’s interesting to think that your interactions with someone, which is on no way meant to be an expression of interest, could result in someone else not wanting to meet who you are talking with.

But you cannot watch out for other peoples feelings or intentions, only your own.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Would you prefer them to hold fire on flirting with other people until after you have met them?

Not at all. Do people really think like that?

The only thing that would put me off is if they used the names of people they'd met."

Based on how some people have acted, and what they have said, there does appear to be some element of LPP over people on the forums, with some not wanting to feel they are part of a conveyor belt.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Personally I think it's better keeping the forum and meeting completely separate. I know flirting and maybe meeting is the whole point of using the forum for lots, which makes total sense, but it doesn't appeal to me to cross the two. So I tend to neither flirt with nor meet anyone I know also visits here.*

*I have broken both those rules a few times and don't regret it, but I do try avoid it generally."

It is interesting that lots of people say they won’t meet other forum users, yet will tell people that getting involved is a good way to meet people.

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

It’s interesting to think that your interactions with someone, which is on no way meant to be an expression of interest, could result in someone else not wanting to meet who you are talking with.

But you cannot watch out for other peoples feelings or intentions, only your own."

I highly doubt it would happen, but if someone didn’t want to meet a person because they thought they were flirting with me when it’s normally just a bit of banter taken from a private message into the forums I’d feel bad for my mate.

I wouldn’t hold any blame and in the long run id probably think it was for the best because maybe they level of jealousy and over someone you’re not with is a bit of a red flag. Situationally everything is different with context though

Reply privately

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I used to meet people from the forums and had some lovely experiences. However on occasions people can get a little funny about how you then interact with others after you have met.

I’m relaxed about most things really, that’s not to say I haven’t had my moments but leaving the “drama” quarter of the forum some years ago has led to a more pleasant experience for me.

The forums are a good place to find out what people are like and whether you are both interested in each other, this usually happens with quite open banter/flirting, but if you are wise is taken to PM fairly quickly to avoid said drama.

Now off to peruse other threads, my search for a woman with a mind as filthy as mine continues in vain..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Personally I think it's better keeping the forum and meeting completely separate. I know flirting and maybe meeting is the whole point of using the forum for lots, which makes total sense, but it doesn't appeal to me to cross the two. So I tend to neither flirt with nor meet anyone I know also visits here.*

*I have broken both those rules a few times and don't regret it, but I do try avoid it generally.

It is interesting that lots of people say they won’t meet other forum users, yet will tell people that getting involved is a good way to meet people. "

Maybe that's coming from different people? I wouldn't tell anyone to use the forum for meeting, but those who also like using it that way might.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"It depends on the context, but I will never be someone’s second choice/plan B/other option.

My self esteem is a little fragile at times, and I know that it wouldn’t be good for me to feel like that, so I avoid it.

Although I participate in swinging life, I’m really not a swinger…"

I agree.

No one should ever feel they are a Plan B.

What could someone do to make you feel like a Plan B?

Reply privately

By *irwolf20Man
over a year ago

Nuneaton

"Poor form in my view. A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell."

Just kiss and leave a verification instead.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I highly doubt it would happen, but if someone didn’t want to meet a person because they thought they were flirting with me when it’s normally just a bit of banter taken from a private message into the forums I’d feel bad for my mate.

I wouldn’t hold any blame and in the long run id probably think it was for the best because maybe they level of jealousy and over someone you’re not with is a bit of a red flag. Situationally everything is different with context though "

Would it be jealousy if they didn’t want to meet your mate because they don’t like you, and you two have been flirting?

We see all the time that forumites have beef with each other, random blocks because of what they have said etc.

Is it acceptable to not want to see someone because they flirted with someone you don’t like?

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Maybe that's coming from different people? I wouldn't tell anyone to use the forum for meeting, but those who also like using it that way might."

Oh I didn’t mean it had come from you.

Just that some people won’t meet other forum users for a variety of reasons.

Yet people are advised using the forum can be a way to meet people.

When its the same person saying the same thing, it can be confusing.

Reply privately

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve thought about this a bit in the past, because I’m an incorrigible flirt and I don’t want to annoy or hurt anyone by being that. And I know I’ve met some people who might be a bit put out by knowing I’m then meeting someone else.

I think the secret, as with most things around here, is to talk about it. (No, not on the forums, with the partner in question. What’s wrong with you people?)

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn’t really bother me if I’m honest. I swing and met other people and I wouldn’t be bothered if the person I’m going to meet is flirty with people on the forum.

I flirt on the forum, but most of the time it’s

just a bit of fun and nothing will come of it. I do meet other forum users though.

I do use the forum as a filter, in the sense I observe what they write and who they flirt with. As I wouldn’t meet certain people, regardless if I’ve met them before, now finding out who they are interested in or flirt with.

Reply privately

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Flirt with our gal’s and boys we’ll hunt you down, tie you up and spread mustard on your anus.

No.

Be respectful but everyone should remember its a lighthearted internet site for adults that enjoy sex and all things sexual.

You wanna own us… you shoulda put a ring on us!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Flirt with our gal’s and boys we’ll hunt you down, tie you up and spread mustard on your anus.

No.

Be respectful but everyone should remember its a lighthearted internet site for adults that enjoy sex and all things sexual.

You wanna own us… you shoulda put a ring on us!"

Put a ring on their rings. Or anu's

Reply privately

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I highly doubt it would happen, but if someone didn’t want to meet a person because they thought they were flirting with me when it’s normally just a bit of banter taken from a private message into the forums I’d feel bad for my mate.

I wouldn’t hold any blame and in the long run id probably think it was for the best because maybe they level of jealousy and over someone you’re not with is a bit of a red flag. Situationally everything is different with context though

Would it be jealousy if they didn’t want to meet your mate because they don’t like you, and you two have been flirting?

We see all the time that forumites have beef with each other, random blocks because of what they have said etc.

Is it acceptable to not want to see someone because they flirted with someone you don’t like?"

I think although it may sound daft on the surface, it is acceptable.

We all have different morals for example, and seeing someone flirt with another who you may not like because you feel they're morally bankrupt can easily impact how you then view that person.

I've been swayed many times before if someone has flirted with someone I can't stomach. Means to me that we walk differing paths and that's OK. Just means I don't want them in my foof.

Reply privately

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

To this … No , I fully expect swingers to mingle at will .

To your further “arguments/points” , yes possibly … my ego would probably be miffed, my confidence take a little battering but I do feel it’s the nature of the beast, I fully expect to be someone’s plan B at some point or other, for many it’s the numbers game. “All eggs in the one basket” comes to mind

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is it acceptable to not want to see someone because they flirted with someone you don’t like?

I think although it may sound daft on the surface, it is acceptable.

We all have different morals for example, and seeing someone flirt with another who you may not like because you feel they're morally bankrupt can easily impact how you then view that person.

I've been swayed many times before if someone has flirted with someone I can't stomach. Means to me that we walk differing paths and that's OK. Just means I don't want them in my foof."

Totally agree. I didn’t see the post you replied to before I wrote my comment.

“Is it acceptable to not want to see someone because they flirted with someone you don’t like?”

- Yes it is and like PP says we walk different paths and that’s ok. Nothing else would happen though and I wouldn’t wish anyone to change how they interact with others, it’s as simple as you do your thing and I’ll do mine.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I do use the forum as a filter, in the sense I observe what they write and who they flirt with. As I wouldn’t meet certain people, regardless if I’ve met them before, now finding out who they are interested in or flirt with.

"

It does make sense that people use forum interactions to vet who they would want to meet.

I am curious about your feelings regarding not meeting people you have met already once you find out they have met someone you are not keen on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I see forum flirting as many things... Flanter for the craic, just flirty chitchat with zero intent or attraction. Or flirting with intent where you are hopeful for a connection.

I have chatted with and/or met with fabbers and then happily continued on the forums with both groups.

I have shared with a 'friend' in the past that someone has been rude or hurtful and bitchy to me and a day later my 'friend' flirted with this person, I was hurt and chose to set them outside of my trust going forwards. I still chat to them but it's on a different level now. They have shown me where they stand and I respect the limit they put on our interactions.

I have been hurt by having a 'friend' chatting on forums with fabbers they have met, referring to these meets, practically on the eve of meeting myself. I feel there's an etiquette to sex whether it's casual or exclusive. The thing is, we're adults, communicating avoids upset. I shared my hurt and we settled on a way through it. We still met, had the most exquisite time and still are friends.

It's not easy but it is very simple if you let it be. Just policing your own emotions and not making them anyone else's responsibility. Also, knowing your worth and where your limits and expectations are and communicating these to your partner in fun.

I have fab friends who have met with other fabbers that I find unpleasant. I can't and don't expect another fabber to share my preferences. I usually get unsettled by these meets but so far my sexual attraction to them has not wavered. I'm odd I know but there you have it. I work through my OCD-ick of having a 3rd-hand contact to those that I dislike and happily see whoever I choose to again when we both next feel like it.

It's tough navigating a casual environment when I am the opposite of casual, down to my bones, but I am also a grown adult who makes rational choices from the options before me. I won't waste a drop of enjoyment today waiting on a perfect tomorrow.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Flirt with our gal’s and boys we’ll hunt you down, tie you up and spread mustard on your anus.

No.

You wanna own us… you shoulda put a ring on us!"

It’s an interesting comment about it being fun. Do you think that its easy for people to forget that, because of a sense of fear of losing out, or possessiveness over someone else?

Is it possible that those who are more successful are less prone to jealous behaviour, where as those who are moderately to less successful are more prone to that type of behaviour?

Reply privately

over a year ago

We had the classic I’m not available this week after we’d tried a few times following on from a nice social and then, he posted a new verification which was a bit of a surprise.

Felt a little shitty tbh so we blocked him.

Bit of a knee jerk reaction but hey Ho.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So am I right in thinking that your view is that how people interact on the forum is less important to you than how they are in private?"

To me - people flirting in the forums doesn’t bother me tooooo much. I get twinges. We all have our struggles, right?

But their behaviour *in general*, in the forums, holds importance still. How they talk to others, whether their views on things I think are important, align with mine.

How they are in private with me is the most important factor, as it’s what I’m seeking from them, essentially. Their time and attention, in sexual form.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do use the forum as a filter, in the sense I observe what they write and who they flirt with. As I wouldn’t meet certain people, regardless if I’ve met them before, now finding out who they are interested in or flirt with.

It does make sense that people use forum interactions to vet who they would want to meet.

I am curious about your feelings regarding not meeting people you have met already once you find out they have met someone you are not keen on."

Well it would be the same reason if I’d have found out before, I had met them as to why I wouldn’t meet them. - I’ve just found out after that’s the difference. There are a few reasons why, we’d just be on different paths from then on that’s all. There are some I don’t wish to associate myself with and if they’ve met those or they’re flirty with them, then we’re not on the same page or just totally turns me off them…

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am curious about your feelings regarding not meeting people you have met already once you find out they have met someone you are not keen on.

Well it would be the same reason if I’d have found out before, I had met them as to why I wouldn’t meet them. - I’ve just found out after that’s the difference. There are a few reasons why, we’d just be on different paths from then on that’s all. There are some I don’t wish to associate myself with and if they’ve met those or they’re flirty with them, then we’re not on the same page or just totally turns me off them…"

I'm the same. 100%

I block or avoid on a regular basis purely based on who a fabber chases and what they post on here.

In the same way as I use veris, past or present actions speak far louder than the bs folk spout to get likes and attention.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"We had the classic I’m not available this week after we’d tried a few times following on from a nice social and then, he posted a new verification which was a bit of a surprise.

Felt a little shitty tbh so we blocked him.

Bit of a knee jerk reaction but hey Ho. "

Being passed over for someone else is not nice.

But how would you have felt if they were batting you away but flirting with people on the forum before they then met them?

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"So am I right in thinking that your view is that how people interact on the forum is less important to you than how they are in private?

To me - people flirting in the forums doesn’t bother me tooooo much. I get twinges. We all have our struggles, right?

But their behaviour *in general*, in the forums, holds importance still. How they talk to others, whether their views on things I think are important, align with mine.

How they are in private with me is the most important factor, as it’s what I’m seeking from them, essentially. Their time and attention, in sexual form."

We all like to feel desired, wanted or liked, and getting named on forum threads, or over looked, can lead to positive or negative feelings.

I do think that how someone behaves behind closed doors is more important than the facade they portray in public. However it can mean that your public persona can lead to people thinking you are a bit of a dick, or alternatively are a better person than you really are.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I'm the same. 100%

I block or avoid on a regular basis purely based on who a fabber chases and what they post on here.

In the same way as I use veris, past or present actions speak far louder than the bs folk spout to get likes and attention."

Do you do this even if you have been chatting to them in an enjoyable manner or have/are looking to arrange a meet (social or otherwise)?

Or would you give them the benefit of the doubt, and maybe speak with them about it?

Reply privately

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"I wouldn't feel anything unless there had been some kind of agreement for exclusivity. It's swinging after all!

Forget any talk of exclusivity, would you feel happy that they were meeting others in an overt way or would you feel put out that they just seem to be lining up meet after meet after meet?"

This is a swinging site, if we were planning on meeting someone we would assume they were meeting other people. Anything else is just lampost pissing.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Good god no! X

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Forget any talk of exclusivity, would you feel happy that they were meeting others in an overt way or would you feel put out that they just seem to be lining up meet after meet after meet?

This is a swinging site, if we were planning on meeting someone we would assume they were meeting other people. Anything else is just lampost pissing."

But we do see examples of LPP quite frequently.

Some can be in good humour, others can appear to be a bit more manipulative.

Is it more down to a question of if people are swingers, looking for a relationship/exclusivity, casual sex fans etc.?

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

Perhaps it’s different for us as a couple but only priority’s are each other.We have fun and friends but it don’t and shouldn’t bother us who they meet and who they flirt with.

Even if we get told to stay away from certain people we always like to make our own minds up about people so we pay no attention we are here for fun not drama.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/11/22 15:32:33]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm the same. 100%

In the same way as I use veris, past or present actions speak far louder than the bs folk spout to get likes and attention.

Do you do this even if you have been chatting to them in an enjoyable manner or have/are looking to arrange a meet (social or otherwise)?

Or would you give them the benefit of the doubt, and maybe speak with them about it?"

I have done this with a few fabbers I was chatting to and if they have asked why via other means I have said as much without naming names.

I do believe that it shows their true taste and judgement as far as where their interests lie e.g. for getting invites to certain circles of parties or such things.

If they chase folk who regularly (daily/weekly) enter in to what I see as questionable activities and have what is, to me, a definite lack of certain desirable character traits then I'm not interested even in chatting further.

I do get that it can be like a kid in a sweet shop for guys or girls if you have popular fabbers giving you attention but any guy that I'd want the focused attention of would be one who is composed & holds their attention back and only gives it where it's targeted not just thrown around like confetti for an ego rub.

I can tell the difference between flirting for the craic and flirting with intent.

I'm not holding a bit of banter against anyone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s best just to assume everyone meeting everyone

No it wouldn’t bother me at all if I seen they were planning to meet others

There is no exclusive or locked off realship

People are free to meet who they want when they want

As long as I am not being Pamed off for others I don’t care

Ie I have got a meet arrange and xxx pops in they mail box 2 days later and they meet them instead when they were meeting me

Heck I don’t even care if they come straight from one meet to my meet as long as they fresh ie had a shower inbween meets

also what happens on a meet stays on that meet no need to blab to others about have me this way that way and the next

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"If I was arranging to meet for a social it wouldn't normally bother me if they were flirting in the forums or arranging other socials.

I don’t think anyone wants to be a Plan B. But would you feel like a Plan B if you had arranged a meet that was still going to happen (in theory), but then saw them flirting or interacting on the forum with other people but not you?

Would you feel out out, or just shrug it off and look forward to seeing them in person?"

I have questioned people I've met about why they never acknowledged me in the forums even though we had been chatting for months while at the same time they were tagging "popular" guys in forum posts and flirting with anyone who paid them attention. It used to annoy me until I saw a pattern.

They would say one thing in private about certain individuals and then go full on tits out flirting with those same people.

Flirting with or arranging to meet others publicly wouldn't bother me if they were straight up about it rather than taking the bipolar approach.

I have been naive in the past and while I'm fully aware that people will meet others I won't be a rung on the ladder for anyone. Just be open and honest about your intentions and there won't be an issue.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I have done this with a few fabbers I was chatting to and if they have asked why via other means I have said as much without naming names.

I do believe that it shows their true taste and judgement as far as where their interests lie e.g. for getting invites to certain circles of parties or such things.

If they chase folk who regularly (daily/weekly) enter in to what I see as questionable activities and have what is, to me, a definite lack of certain desirable character traits then I'm not interested even in chatting further.

I do get that it can be like a kid in a sweet shop for guys or girls if you have popular fabbers giving you attention but any guy that I'd want the focused attention of would be one who is composed & holds their attention back and only gives it where it's targeted not just thrown around like confetti for an ego rub.

I can tell the difference between flirting for the craic and flirting with intent.

"

Thank you for your insight.

Its interesting to note how people can and do use the forum oblivious to how it may be influencing how others perceive them.

I say that knowing full well that my own use of the forum can and will annoy others

Reply privately

By *StepsAheadMan
over a year ago

Lancs

I personally wouldnt care

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I have questioned people I've met about why they never acknowledged me in the forums even though we had been chatting for months while at the same time they were tagging "popular" guys in forum posts and flirting with anyone who paid them attention. It used to annoy me until I saw a pattern.

They would say one thing in private about certain individuals and then go full on tits out flirting with those same people.

Flirting with or arranging to meet others publicly wouldn't bother me if they were straight up about it rather than taking the bipolar approach.

I have been naive in the past and while I'm fully aware that people will meet others I won't be a rung on the ladder for anyone. Just be open and honest about your intentions and there won't be an issue. "

While I think its only fair that people are upfront with you about their intentions, sadly it doesn’t appear that common.

As well as not being a Plan B, I don’t think people should feel like a dirty little (hidden?) secret.

Now that you can spot those patterns does it bother you, or do you just roll your eyes and carry on?

Reply privately

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

"I have questioned people I've met about why they never acknowledged me in the forums even though we had been chatting for months while at the same time they were tagging "popular" guys in forum posts and flirting with anyone who paid them attention. It used to annoy me until I saw a pattern.

I have been naive in the past and while I'm fully aware that people will meet others I won't be a rung on the ladder for anyone. Just be open and honest about your intentions and there won't be an issue.

While I think its only fair that people are upfront with you about their intentions, sadly it doesn’t appear that common.

As well as not being a Plan B, I don’t think people should feel like a dirty little (hidden?) secret.

Now that you can spot those patterns does it bother you, or do you just roll your eyes and carry on?"

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"It’s best just to assume everyone meeting everyone

Ie I have got a meet arrange and xxx pops in they mail box 2 days later and they meet them instead when they were meeting me

Heck I don’t even care if they come straight from one meet to my meet as long as they fresh ie had a shower inbween meets

also what happens on a meet stays on that meet no need to blab to others about have me this way that way and the next

"

Your honesty is so refreshing. I enjoy your posts as you are not ashamed to be yourself, and you just want to have fun

I does seem that a common theme is no one likes being passed over in favour of someone else.

But how people feel about forum flirting is mixed.

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I don't have anything in common with serial flirters so wouldn't arrange to meet them. That's the benefit of watching and making private notes, I can choose wisely for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

I personally don't like having meets too close together .

I will arrange them though and I will absolutely flirt if im interested in soneone.

If I saw somebody arranging something then thats upto them it wouldn't bother me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have done this with a few fabbers I was chatting to and if they have asked why via other means I have said as much without naming names.

Thank you for your insight.

Its interesting to note how people can and do use the forum oblivious to how it may be influencing how others perceive them.

I say that knowing full well that my own use of the forum can and will annoy others "

Indeed

Intentionally? .... surely not

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I don't have anything in common with serial flirters so wouldn't arrange to meet them. That's the benefit of watching and making private notes, I can choose wisely for me "

Says the worst flirt on here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I personally don't like having meets too close together .

I will arrange them though and I will absolutely flirt if im interested in someone.

If I saw somebody arranging something then thats upto them it wouldn't bother me. "

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I say that knowing full well that my own use of the forum can and will annoy others

Indeed

Intentionally? .... surely not"

I may preach the “don’t be a dick” mantra, but that doesn’t mean I follow it

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I don't have anything in common with serial flirters so wouldn't arrange to meet them. That's the benefit of watching and making private notes, I can choose wisely for me "

You get to know who the flirters are and who actually wants to meet.

I'm not here to boost egos.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I don't have anything in common with serial flirters so wouldn't arrange to meet them. That's the benefit of watching and making private notes, I can choose wisely for me

I'm not here to boost egos."

Except Fabby's; he can have all the flirts

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

"I don't have anything in common with serial flirters so wouldn't arrange to meet them. That's the benefit of watching and making private notes, I can choose wisely for me

Says the worst flirt on here "

Yep. I own that trophy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which one am I nan?

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Now that you can spot those patterns does it bother you, or do you just roll your eyes and carry on?"

I just roll my eyes and carry on but obviously not with those individuals.

I'm well aware that because I'm not afraid to offer an opinion on here that doesn't suit some peoples narrative that they may not want to be publicly associated with me.

I'm also aware that because I refuse to blow smoke up anyones arse regardless of their perceived stature that some don't like that and base their perception of me on things like that.

Those who actually know me though find all of the above to be part of what attracts them to me so take what you want from that.

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I will arrange them though and I will absolutely flirt if im interested in soneone.

If I saw somebody arranging something then thats upto them it wouldn't bother me. "

Would you still feel the same if their forum flirting became all they ever posted? So it appeared that they and the target of their flirting were following each other around on the forum and commenting on each others posts?

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

Truth

Which is another reason why I hunt in fab rather than on the forums

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I just roll my eyes and carry on but obviously not with those individuals.

I'm well aware that because I'm not afraid to offer an opinion on here that doesn't suit some peoples narrative that they may not want to be publicly associated with me.

I'm also aware that because I refuse to blow smoke up anyones arse regardless of their perceived stature that some don't like that and base their perception of me on things like that.

Those who actually know me though find all of the above to be part of what attracts them to me so take what you want from that. "

So I feel I share points 1 and 2 with you, but sadly not point 3

Its good that you are aware about it and are not altering your behaviour to fit in with others.

Have you ever changed your mind and gone back to someone you may have previously discounted based on their forum persona?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I say that knowing full well that my own use of the forum can and will annoy others

Indeed

I may preach the “don’t be a dick” mantra, but that doesn’t mean I follow it "

Lol

We're all dicks to someone with every comment we post on here. No point thinking otherwise.

I'm certainly not winning any popularity contests on here at times simply for not bending over or kissing ass. I just can't play the highschool games etc. to win fab points. But that's not why I'm on fab so I'll live.

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I just roll my eyes and carry on but obviously not with those individuals.

Those who actually know me though find all of the above to be part of what attracts them to me so take what you want from that.

So I feel I share points 1 and 2 with you, but sadly not point 3

Its good that you are aware about it and are not altering your behaviour to fit in with others.

Have you ever changed your mind and gone back to someone you may have previously discounted based on their forum persona? "

No I haven't because I don't use any other part of the site and I see the forums as the best available filter.

Everyone can be a dick at times but I'll continue to be very choosey in who I'll get naked with. Seven play meets in 6 years by choice can confirm that and I can confidently say that I've turned down many opportunities because of forum personas.

My time is precious and I'd rather spend it with those on the same page.

Reply privately

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple
over a year ago

Weymouth

Indeed

Lol

We're all dicks to someone with every comment we post on here. No point thinking otherwise.

I'm certainly not winning any popularity contests on here at times simply for not bending over or kissing ass. I just can't play the highschool games etc. to win fab points. But that's not why I'm on fab so I'll live.

"

Love this!!

Reply privately

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I keep forum users and meets separate.

Reply privately

By *asilyled1Man
over a year ago

ogmore valley

"I keep forum users and meets separate."

Then consider this my last post

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I saw somebody arranging something then thats upto them it wouldn't bother me.

Would you still feel the same if their forum flirting became all they ever posted? So it appeared that they and the target of their flirting were following each other around on the forum and commenting on each others posts?"

If that's what they wish to do that's upto them. I have no issue with people flirting or arranging meets; what they decide to do with others is there affair. There would be certain times I may decide against a meet after witnessing something but flirting or arranging meets would not be it.

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Indeed

Lol

"

I was told recently at a group social by a popular and productive forumite that another popular and productive forumite thought I was a complete dick.

It made my night and was worth going to the social just for that alone because it confirmed what I already knew that my name was being mentioned in groupchats and that the cool kids don't like being called out in the playground.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Indeed

Lol

I was told recently at a group social by a popular and productive forumite that another popular and productive forumite thought I was a complete dick.

It made my night and was worth going to the social just for that alone because it confirmed what I already knew that my name was being mentioned in groupchats and that the cool kids don't like being called out in the playground. "

Haha god I can't even begin to imagine the amount of people who probably think I'm a dick haha!

Stay true to yourself brother!

Reply privately

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I keep forum users and meets separate.

Then consider this my last post "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Indeed

Lol

It made my night and was worth going to the social just for that alone because it confirmed what I already knew that my name was being mentioned in groupchats and that the cool kids don't like being called out in the playground. "

Awww don't talk to me, those threads trawling for new candidates to join these clique chats do make me laugh.

I have zero chance of ever getting an invite since I call it out and I won't stop either. It's unkind at best and meangirls at worst.

Anyone that's in them who's desperate for an escape hatch but too wary of being ostracised to just hit the big red button

Not okay

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is a swinging site, if we were planning on meeting someone we would assume they were meeting other people. Anything else is just lampost pissing.

Is it more down to a question of if people are swingers, looking for a relationship/exclusivity, casual sex fans etc.?"

I think some people just need constant indulging of their chosen circle. Hence LPP. Excessive flirting is based on craving popularity, extreme attention and hope that if you give this much you'll get return on your flirty investment.

There are lots of factors to a scenario you just described. I don't think anyone wants to feel like you are one of many and I'd doubt they would be able to remember what are my boundaries or preferences are when they are all over the place trying to not lose their chances with others. Especially as the date of the meet is approaching it would be nice to get that little extra attention rather than just crumbs. Or being one of four they arranged to see in one weekend because they 'just want to have fun'. I'm not a forum cock collector so it doesn't bother me, let them crack on without me. You don't want to be nobody's dirty secret either. I liked someone's comment above about bipolar views. I've heard that before - oh I would never meet him, he's been chasing me for years on forum, he's such a tart. Few months later you see a lovely veri popping up from both of them People are weird.

You do you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Indeed

Lol

Oh dear god

Kudos

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't want to meet people with loads of veris for the same reason.

I don't care if they've fucked 100 people this week, I just don't want to know about it or have my 'review' added to the list..

Is your opinion based on visible veris? So if someone had 100 meets in a week but no veri’s would you care?"

Yes visible veris/ summary.

100 meets fine.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'm not here to boost egos.

Which one am I nan?"

You're Fun Bobby.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s best just to assume everyone meeting everyone

Your honesty is so refreshing. I enjoy your posts as you are not ashamed to be yourself, and you just want to have fun

I does seem that a common theme is no one likes being passed over in favour of someone else.

But how people feel about forum flirting is mixed."

Thanks and yes it is quite a common theme x

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Is it more down to a question of if people are swingers, looking for a relationship/exclusivity, casual sex fans etc.?

I think some people just need constant indulging of their chosen circle. Hence LPP. Excessive flirting is based on craving popularity, extreme attention and hope that if you give this much you'll get return on your flirty investment.

There are lots of factors to a scenario you just described. I don't think anyone wants to feel like you are one of many and I'd doubt they would be able to remember what are my boundaries or preferences are when they are all over the place trying to not lose their chances with others. Especially as the date of the meet is approaching it would be nice to get that little extra attention rather than just crumbs. Or being one of four they arranged to see in one weekend because they 'just want to have fun'. I'm not a forum cock collector so it doesn't bother me, let them crack on without me. You don't want to be nobody's dirty secret either. I liked someone's comment above about bipolar views. I've heard that before - oh I would never meet him, he's been chasing me for years on forum, he's such a tart. Few months later you see a lovely veri popping up from both of them People are weird.

You do you. "

I wouldn't actually mind if the private connects were as mild as that.

I've had women tell me personal details about someone on the forums and call them dangerous and nasty and demonise them and anyone they associated with. These were men, women and couples they were discussing.

I challenged most of what they said unless I knew it to be true but then a short while later they verified each other.

When I asked why after all that had been said the response was that it was none of my business.

Funny how they had made it my business up to that point.

I just roll my eyes and look forward to what happens when they all realise those lovely ladies they call friends reveal their true selves. It should be very public and very hilarious I hope

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

You do you.

I've had women tell me personal details about someone on the forums and call them dangerous and nasty and demonise them and anyone they associated with. These were men, women and couples they were discussing.

I challenged most of what they said unless I knew it to be true but then a short while later they verified each other.

When I asked why after all that had been said the response was that it was none of my business.

I just roll my eyes and look forward to what happens when they all realise those lovely ladies they call friends reveal their true selves. It should be very public and very hilarious I hope "

*Comments

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I try very hard not to have form an opinion of anyone I've never met and whom I have only encountered through stupid threads on a sex site / adult site /any site. A forum is probably one of the worst media to find out about people. I'm sure most people in the fora are lovely when you meet face to face.

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I think it depends on how it’s done…

If they stopped chatting and sending us messages after arranging to meet but were all over the forums lamp post pissing then we’d naturally wonder if they were just thinking we are in the bag already, they can give more attention to others now.

If they carried on chatting and flirting with us building up to the meet, we wouldn’t care if they had or were arranging meets with others. As long as we felt that we were priority on the day.

K

Reply privately

over a year ago

Crikey. Perhaps I should rethink using the forums then, based on all of the above!

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"No I haven't because I don't use any other part of the site and I see the forums as the best available filter.

Everyone can be a dick at times but I'll continue to be very choosey in who I'll get naked with. Seven play meets in 6 years by choice can confirm that and I can confidently say that I've turned down many opportunities because of forum personas.

My time is precious and I'd rather spend it with those on the same page.

"

Indeed. Time is our most precious resource and why would anyone choose to spend it with someone who doesn’t value your time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Crikey. Perhaps I should rethink using the forums then, based on all of the above! "

I thought we were exclusive! Wtf red?!

Reply privately

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

You do you.

I just roll my eyes and look forward to what happens when they all realise those lovely ladies they call friends reveal their true selves. It should be very public and very hilarious I hope "

This is why I don't have female friends on here

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Crikey. Perhaps I should rethink using the forums then, based on all of the above! "

Either that or flirt with no one and everyone.

Arrange meets with no one and everyone.

Then LPP all over everyone and no one

Reply privately

By *etcpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I think it depends on how it’s done…

If they stopped chatting and sending us messages after arranging to meet but were all over the forums lamp post pissing then we’d naturally wonder if they were just thinking we are in the bag already, they can give more attention to others now.

If they carried on chatting and flirting with us building up to the meet, we wouldn’t care if they had or were arranging meets with others. As long as we felt that we were priority on the day.

K

"

So if you felt that you were in the bag already would it change how you viewed them, and would you likely cancel the meet? Or would you speak with them first and explain your point of view? They may be unaware of their behaviour…

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ah sorry I was coming from a different angle, do you mean it doesn't bother you if they arrange meets publically but they are not mentioning yours?

It could be either.

The lack of discretion that they are broadcasting meeting others, and so may be talking about your meets privately.

But also how you might feel if they appear more keen to LPP about meeting someone elsr and not you.

Would you feel put off, a Plan B, jealous or be happy safe that you are still meeting them?"

To be fair, we don't get friendly with anyone on the forum and wouldn't meet anyone who posts on it ( not that they are not hot, just because it would compliment things) so we wouldn't know if they were talking to other people... but by the nature of the site I would expect them to be, so no, it wouldn't bother me

If I was single and did meet someone on the forum and and it bothered me that they were chatting to other people on there, I think I would be questioning what I wanted out of the site

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Keep being you Red. People are going to like you or not but the vast majority are indifferent. Bar a couple of incidents, I've had a fantastic time on the fora and with the people I've met thanks to it. It's not perfect but we're not. People can be dickish, jealous, emotional. They can also be brilliant, insightful. It's about finding what works for you and the people that you sync with.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You’re asking me not to flirt?……..this could be difficult.

Trust me, if I saw someone I like or was supposed to meet flirting in the forum. At least I can see that, because I assume lots more is going on behind the curtains back stage.

It’s all about trust, if I trust someone and they’re upfront with where they are in their swinging/fab life. I’m cool with it. It’s when they tell me one thing but do another that makes me walk the other way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Every time I tell myself I'm too cynical or too guarded, I'll have something happen to remind me why I am. It's a fool who opens their door over and over again to welcome in the same damn stupid nonsense.

People can be dicks through no bad intent and people can ruin your day for sport. And, if you let it, it will start to suck the joy from you over time.

It's a daily 'fuck that shit' mantra to guard your joy from the shit stirrers and mood hoovers in life but I'll keep fighting the good fight and those with the wooden spoons can keep stirring away

Fab can be a haven or a hell.

Just have to choose your path and your company carefully.

Choose wisely, no?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Every time I tell myself I'm too cynical or too guarded, I'll have something happen to remind me why I am. It's a fool who opens their door over and over again to welcome in the same damn stupid nonsense.

People can be dicks through no bad intent and people can ruin your day for sport. And, if you let it, it will start to suck the joy from you over time.

It's a daily 'fuck that shit' mantra to guard your joy from the shit stirrers and mood hoovers in life but I'll keep fighting the good fight and those with the wooden spoons can keep stirring away

Fab can be a haven or a hell.

Just have to choose your path and your company carefully.

Choose wisely, no?"

This !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's kinda human nature to like flirting with attractive people.

Flirting isn't relationship or marriage.

It's fun, gentle, sexual tension. This site is at the core of it, related to sex.

Flirting is gonna happen

Reply privately

By *irky_coupleCouple
over a year ago

kirky

wouldn't bother us as we have no say in how others conduct themselves but we'd be properly pissed off if we got bumped for a "better offer" so to speak. If we arrange a meet then it's first come first serve

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Good etiquette everyone

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Remember, if you meet a forumite then the golden rule is you’ve got to bum on the first meet

Reply privately

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

It's very unlikely I'd meet someone that was all over other people in the forum

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"I think it depends on how it’s done…

K

So if you felt that you were in the bag already would it change how you viewed them, and would you likely cancel the meet? Or would you speak with them first and explain your point of view? They may be unaware of their behaviour…"

We’ve cancelled meets when the connection has dropped for whatever reason. We don’t do fuck and go’s and we don’t do average meets, so we want that connection to be strong for it to then flow into the meet.

We do chat and explain - we wouldn’t just walk away. It shows that everyone is different and how everyone approaches meets and we are only looking for likeminded people.

K

Reply privately