FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you still get excited about getting a new phone?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Or are we waiting for smart glasses?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

No I dread it!

I hate the mither of swapping everything over!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No I hate it.

I worry about losing all my photos and messages and videos and everything. Having to remember passwords. It's far too much effort.

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

It happens so rarely for me, I don’t actually use my phone much at all, I do most things on my iPad. My phone is an iPhone 6 which I got second hand about 5 years ago? I can’t be bothered with contracts and stuff, it’s just a pay as you go, but the battery is pretty much dead, I probably need to get something else soon, maybe jump up to an 8, or even a 9, I need to look at the cost. But it’s not something I care much about either way

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Nope. I drag the whole process out over at least a month. It usually sits in its box after being delivered for about 2 weeks while I gear up for the change over. My current phone is 2 months old and I havn't figured out the voice mail settings yet. You can not leave a message after the beep

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never. I always get cast offs from the kids when they upgrade. The only time I bought one, it was an older, used model.

over a year ago

No they all do the same no matter how cheap or expensive they are .

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
over a year ago

Bodmin

I hate it too & put it off & leave it as long as possible!

Only had 2 phones in last 15 years!

Tho the screen is cracked on this one, internet ridiculously slow, memory full & battery lasts about 20 minutes so looks like I'll have to bite the bullet in the near future!

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yep love it

Helps that he's a smart boffin who moves all my crap over for me

By *tourgentMan
over a year ago

Stourbridge

I love it, as the old phone has usually been knackered for months by upgrade time...

over a year ago

No, it's just a mundane chore now and I hate the fact it doesn't last forever.

Having to update tech is costly and endless. They certainly keep making their money.

T

over a year ago

I usually change mine every couple of years, but last time I left it an extra year before upgrading because the increment in iPhone features was so uninspiring. Can't say I'm particularly enthralled by the latest iteration, if I'm honest. It's the same monolithic slab but slightly faster. I think I'd probably need a microscope these days to spot any improvement to the camera quality.

C.

C.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Not long changed after 5 yrs, backed up old turned on new restore backup job done

And I am loving the camera on it

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Unfortunately I'm on my 3rd phone in 18 months.

Dropped the first one and broke it.

The second one I believe I lost at a fuel station but didn't show up on find my phone.

At Easter this year I was so keen to get my motorbike on the road. Doing a test ride, I put the phone in the inside pocket of my jacket. Obviously, not properly as pulling away from traffic lights it jumped out and to the car behind it ran it over.

It's cost me a fortune, I really should have insurance and transfering data etc is a pain.

I've had this phone over 6 months now

over a year ago

I dont get excited about phones. I agree that it is all a faff to swap things over so I hang onto them till they drop. About 5 yrs for this one so far and it is slowing to turtle speed but it holds all the secrets to my passwords that even I dont know.

over a year ago

No, its always hassle and stress. Be quite happy still with my simple old Nokia where the battery lasted two months.

By *entlemanBen.Man
over a year ago

Sompting

No. Its just a ballache

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Not, not at all.

over a year ago

Yes. I love new phone day

Evie xx

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Hate it, I'm getting a new one soon. I've had mine for ages so its battery is shit, no storage left, no room for new aps etc.

Its a nightmare. Bring back carphone warehouse!

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Yep, getting a new one next month and can't wait!

By *redwilma666Couple
over a year ago

Kilbirnie

Never had a new one

over a year ago

No they're all the same these days. Android better though cause I play some serious crash bandicoot on this bad boy

over a year ago

Yep! Recently upgraded mine and it didn't come too soon as my phone was battered to hell

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Nope, my current iPhone still works really well. Plus sod paying £100 a month on contract for 2 years where you end up paying double the price of the phone itself!

By *hGlobbitsMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I can't fucking wait. This S20 is the single worst phone I have ever used, by a wide margin. Glitchy as fuck and the keyboard is horrible. I spend more time deleting and re-typing shockers than anything else. I've loved every other Samsung phone I've ever owned, but this thing is a donkey. All brand loyalty has gone right out of the window after this!

over a year ago

Ugh... I'm nearly 9mths out of contract but I can't be arsed to upgrade... I'm old! It feels like less a joy vs an additional chore

over a year ago

"I can't fucking wait. This S20 is the single worst phone I have ever used, by a wide margin. Glitchy as fuck and the keyboard is horrible. I spend more time deleting and re-typing shockers than anything else. I've loved every other Samsung phone I've ever owned, but this thing is a donkey. All brand loyalty has gone right out of the window after this! "

I've always loved Samsung phones too, currently have the Flip Z, I love it but it I feel it's over hyped because it is after all a Samsung phone with a fancy screen.

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

My contract just run out . I can upgrade . Plus looks like who I am with , will give me an upgrade with new top range phone cheaper than previous contract . Will phone to check if correct this week

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

Depends on if I need a new device or not my current one is about 3 or 4 years old and I am beginning to start looking for a new one there all just very expensive gotten and there aren't the same brands as when I got my last one

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

I love a new phone. Did have Samsung fold now a Samsung flip z4. Live both of them

Post new Message to Thread