Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ladies making the move on ladies

Jump to newest

By *partharmony OP   Couple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Hannah said something interesting to me the other day. The reason why she hasn't been with more women is that she doesn't want to be the one who makes the first move. There are plenty of women she's attracted to but going out and chatting up a woman and trying to seduce her is not really her. She'd like another lady to take the lead. The first woman she was ever with took her to set everything up to make it happen. It's not the way she feels most comfortable.

I know lots of ladies on here want to find another lady to get friendly with and say how hard it is. I wondered how much of it is down to not wanting to make the move?

So, ladies, which camp do you fall in? Are you the type to woo or do you really only want to be wooed? Maybe you can take either role. Does it make much difference to you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Both but never make the first move

I normally like to woo after they have made the first move

As if you get it wrong these days

It isn’t just a simple no thanks

It’s a flame post on social media about being a creep and all that

And prying on woman in the work space in the shop at a bar in the street

So I just sit back and wait now

It’s a sad reality we live in these days when asking someone if they free or single is considered creepy

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

To me you both have to make an effort else it feels onesided and that is just not very sexy.

By *partharmony OP   Couple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"To me you both have to make an effort else it feels onesided and that is just not very sexy.

"

I see where you are coming from.

By *orphia2003Woman
over a year ago

Tonypandy.

I will usually make the first move, once I know you are interested.

Therein lies my problem. I'm terrible at reading interest in women.

over a year ago

I find it hard, but I’m getting better at it, it takes practice

over a year ago

I'm not confident enough to make the first move on anyone. And a fear of rejection further causes anxieties. I fear I've missed out a lot

over a year ago

Any sexual encounters I’ve had with women in the past I’ve been the one who has initiated it. I don’t actually mind making the first move with either men or women.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I don't like the idea of seducing a woman.

A woman who shows she's clearly interested in me, maybe a bit shy and I kiss her? Great. I'm up for that. But seducing a woman, having to sort it all out? I want to feel desired, to feel comfortable to show that I desire her as well. It's not easy putting your cards on the table, especially to another woman and saying hey, I fancy you. I understand that.

I don't mind if it's even little subtle hints but I think if I had to do it all I'd be unsure if it's just to please the male gaze.

By *atKat-xoxWoman
over a year ago

Neath,united kingdom

I've recently gotten confident with making the first move. I really like getting to know a woman and finding that connection before playing personally because it needs to be equal fun.

By *atKat-xoxWoman
over a year ago

Neath,united kingdom

I am however , absolutely shit at knowing when a lady is flirting with me

over a year ago

Bookmarking

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I'm happy and confident to make the first move but finding genuine bi ladies who would enjoy meeting 1 on 1 is extremely difficult.

By *astesLikeMagicWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Shy bairns get nowt

By *thfloorCouple
over a year ago

Hove

"I am however , absolutely shit at knowing when a lady is flirting with me "

Women who live predominantly straight lives (myself included) are used to giving out very, very subtle signs of interest which if you're not sure someone is into women you could easily be misconstrued as 'just' being friendly.

Women who live predominantly straight lives have not had to put themselves on the line with expressing interest and being rejected - something straight men have to figure out early and learn to live with.

Google "lesbian sheepitude", it's a funny concept.

over a year ago

Cmon ladies, just suggest a pillow fight.

Even I know that

By *issMBWoman
over a year ago

North East England

I'm happy to make the first move but I'm hopeless at knowing when someone is flirting with me. And that goes for anyone, not just women!

By *atKat-xoxWoman
over a year ago

Neath,united kingdom

"I am however , absolutely shit at knowing when a lady is flirting with me

Women who live predominantly straight lives (myself included) are used to giving out very, very subtle signs of interest which if you're not sure someone is into women you could easily be misconstrued as 'just' being friendly.

Women who live predominantly straight lives have not had to put themselves on the line with expressing interest and being rejected - something straight men have to figure out early and learn to live with.

Google "lesbian sheepitude", it's a funny concept."

Interesting! Thank you!

By *ab FunstersCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

I feel exactly like you, i feel awkward making the first move towards female or male...

over a year ago

Closed mouths don’t get fed

over a year ago

"Hannah said something interesting to me the other day. The reason why she hasn't been with more women is that she doesn't want to be the one who makes the first move…. "

This made me laugh. It does pose the thought of how many missed opportunities there are because someone waited for the other to go first.

Hope things work out for you guys, this old swinging and fab game is difficult to figure out.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I'm not great at making the first move, in fact I'm distinctly poor at it.

Unless I absolutely know that someone is keen, in which case, I may make a move.

I need lessons

C

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I'm ridiculously useless at making the first move with male or female, I need more practise

Tg x

over a year ago

I'm pretty good at making the first move, if anyone needs any tips holla at ya man x

over a year ago

I never make the first move, no matter how much I want too. I am always worry I am mis-reading the signs and she may not be interested.

By *cotscpl1968Couple
over a year ago

tayside

Find it easier in person I’m useless at texting flirting want to improve on that

Post new Message to Thread