Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When size matters

Jump to newest

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Everything you buy at the moment seems to be shrinking in size/weight whilst price stays the same or actually going up. From packets of crisps to chocolates and ready made meals, all are getting smaller. How are you meant to compare prices? Carry a calculator and be good at maths? And then the size of most ready meals now would not feed a child, never mind an adult. I end up buying 3 to share between two. And they often pretend they are doing it for health reasons to cut down meal portions. If I am still hungry, I will still eat something else or more of the same. Sorry, rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

It's annoying. It has been a strategy for at least 20 years. It's how you end up with double versions of chocolate bars. They just keep getting smaller so at some point they have to give you two.

You'll confuse people with you two threads now!

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"It's annoying. It has been a strategy for at least 20 years. It's how you end up with double versions of chocolate bars. They just keep getting smaller so at some point they have to give you two.

You'll confuse people with you two threads now!

"

I am sorry, didn't want anyone to think I could not spell or type

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Hopefully the confusion is now over and people will comment on this one

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I think you're meant to pad out ready meals with your own veg/salad.

But yeah, 4 one stop (tesco) loo rolls were £1.50. Smaller rolls and now gone up to £2.50.

It's shit, really shit but they've gotta cover their own energy bills and that all starts at production.

The restaurant I work at has an £8000 a WEEK energy bill. Was a quarter of that a year ago

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"I think you're meant to pad out ready meals with your own veg/salad.

But yeah, 4 one stop (tesco) loo rolls were £1.50. Smaller rolls and now gone up to £2.50.

It's shit, really shit but they've gotta cover their own energy bills and that all starts at production.

The restaurant I work at has an £8000 a WEEK energy bill. Was a quarter of that a year ago "

Oh wow and I thought our 8k a month was high , we’re a night club

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Shrinkflation, taking your customers for mugs and not satisfying them.

I stop buying from companies that do it but there'll be few left for my custom soon.

'Serving suggestion - Buy 2'

Isn't really a good promo tool, is it!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I think you're meant to pad out ready meals with your own veg/salad.

The restaurant I work at has an £8000 a WEEK energy bill. Was a quarter of that a year ago

Oh wow and I thought our 8k a month was high , we’re a night club "

It's a fine balancing act knowing what to do for the best. Do you stay open for one table of 2 that's booked in at closing time and probably won't spend more than £40 or do you call them and ask them to come earlier coz the last booking before them is 2 hours earlier and its gonna cost ya £163 in energy plus £100 in wages just to stay open for their booking, risking pissing them off or receiving negative attention.

It's tough. Really tough. I don't know how a lot of restaurants are gonna survive with the costs involved now and the surge in people skipping on large bills, or complaining to get a freebie when there's been nothing to complain about.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

cook proper food then ....you can dictate your own size meals ..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In a reverse gangbang. Can’t be having women standing around twiddleling their thumbs

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"cook proper food then ....you can dictate your own size meals .."

I cook 99% of meals from fresh but still thank you for your insight

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"cook proper food then ....you can dictate your own size meals .."

Some people don’t always have the luxury of being able to.

I know a few people who work hours that mean cooking for 30-45 mins after coming home from a 12 hour shift means they wouldn’t be eating until late.

I also know people that don’t actually have the luxury of an oven as their landlord hasn’t provided one or they just can’t afford to run one right now

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have a lot of ready meals as I can only use one arm since I broke my shoulder. They have gone up from £6 for 3 to £7.50. But I can't cook a proper meal

By *uskymotoMan
over a year ago

Cumbria

Not everything is getting smaller, my cock is getting bigger and bigger the older I get.

When I was young it was the length of a Mars bar, now it's as long as 2 Mars bars

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Not everything is getting smaller, my cock is getting bigger and bigger the older I get.

When I was young it was the length of a Mars bar, now it's as long as 2 Mars bars "

And did you put the price up as well

By *uskymotoMan
over a year ago

Cumbria

"Not everything is getting smaller, my cock is getting bigger and bigger the older I get.

When I was young it was the length of a Mars bar, now it's as long as 2 Mars bars

And did you put the price up as well "

i give it away for free

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 21/11/22 18:32:38]

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

And did you put the price up as well

i give it away for free "

Just the model all supermarkets should adopt. Everyone will be happy then

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Would be cheaper to cut the middle person out and by in bulk from the cash and carry tins have also shrank considerably. A tin used to cover two people as for ready meals if you buy in packs you can create a meal, frozen is fresh. Then make more than you need and freeze it. It's cheaper to do, cost wise.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Would be cheaper to cut the middle person out and by in bulk from the cash and carry tins have also shrank considerably. A tin used to cover two people as for ready meals if you buy in packs you can create a meal, frozen is fresh. Then make more than you need and freeze it. It's cheaper to do, cost wise."

I do that a lot anyway not only for the saving and having home cooked meals but actually enjoy cooking

Post new Message to Thread