Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gas bill

Jump to newest

By *esthetic21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Mine came in at 30 odd for the previous month that's without putting the heating on. Last month I put the heating on like 5 times for a few hours each time. 80 odd quid

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Am trying to hang out until Dec…everyone else in the house is moaning though.

Wimps

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

The Reading on my meter hasn’t changed since 31/oct , despite requesting them to sort since august. I now have an appointment mid December. So nice and cosy here at no cost I send readings every couple of days so they are well aware .

By *ilmissplumpyWoman
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Ours hasn't changed yet & we too have refrained from putting it on. We are currently paying about £2 a month with the amount the govt gave us. However that will change when the fixed rate finishes....

Lmp

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I'm not putting my heating on at all decided have 2 daughters still living home one moans other one not bothered x

By *ilmissplumpyWoman
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I'm not putting my heating on at all decided have 2 daughters still living home one moans other one not bothered x"

We have had stepdaughter stopping with us. Discovered the heating on because she wanted to dry a cardigan on the radiator. I bit my lip that day

Lmp

By *atsswallowsMan
over a year ago

dudley

Off to playa tomorrow so bugger the cold lol

Seriously though bills have rocketed

By *hat Guy with the RopesMan
over a year ago

Kingston upon Hull

"Mine came in at 30 odd for the previous month that's without putting the heating on. Last month I put the heating on like 5 times for a few hours each time. 80 odd quid "

Have you checked that your boiler is not on pre heat? It comes on several times a day to get the hot water ready.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I'm not putting my heating on at all decided have 2 daughters still living home one moans other one not bothered x

We have had stepdaughter stopping with us. Discovered the heating on because she wanted to dry a cardigan on the radiator. I bit my lip that day

Lmp"

Yes u have to! Its when she puts one item of clothing in tumble dryer and she has plenty of other things she could wear makes me cross! X

By *ritIndianCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Mine came in at 30 odd for the previous month that's without putting the heating on. Last month I put the heating on like 5 times for a few hours each time. 80 odd quid "

You will have to find other ways to warm up

Mrs

By *espacito56Man
over a year ago

Orkney

Wish our county had mains gas

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have prepaid metres the lady who lived in the house before me had them and I've never had them taken out. People moan about them but I think they are a godsend I can constantly see what I'm using. This £67 we get from the government goes straight on to my electricity could of done it going on the gas as I don't use that much electric. I put £100 a time on my gas and check it everyday. If I think it's going down to quick I adjust my heating accordingly. No big bills quarterly

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I just put it on to take the chill off early evening, my in house display doesn't usually go over £4 a day for both gas and electric. Currently living on my own

over a year ago

Turn off water pre-heat.Lower water temp to 55-60 degrees, why heat water just to add cold? Lower radiator flow temp to 55-60.If you have a condensing boiler look at the vent, if there is lots of steam that is wasted energy caused by high radiator flow temp.It should condense within the boiler.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

40 quid last minth, have the heating on as and when we need it, never used to have it on too much as we're a first floor flat and downstairs heat comes through, but certainly noticing the difference this year. Its also been kicking in at 15 degrees atm so oodies and extra blankets on the beds for us

Tg x

over a year ago

Bought a new dressing gown magic

By *ilmissplumpyWoman
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I'm not putting my heating on at all decided have 2 daughters still living home one moans other one not bothered x

Lmp

Yes u have to! Its when she puts one item of clothing in tumble dryer and she has plenty of other things she could wear makes me cross! X"

Haha we don't have a drier. Won't be long before she goes into her own house. What a wake up call lol

Post new Message to Thread