Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Afternoon tea

Jump to newest

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Do you like going for one. One of those three tier stands full of lovely savoury and sweet bites? I used to love it, not had one for ages.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I like friends who whisk me away to surprise ones

By *usman 199Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Yep Went on Monday to Peckforten Castle in Cheshire. Was lovely .

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Yep Went on Monday to Peckforten Castle in Cheshire. Was lovely . "

Very nice. Did you go for the classic, the indulgent or the cream one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I find there's far too much food and I end up taking a box of leftovers home to Mr NBVN

NBVN x

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

Love it. Best one was in London. They kept bring more till you had enough

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes love them with tea in a teapot rather than a mug and scrumptious cakes! The golden oldies are having one rather than a meal out this year for Xmas getogether! Looking forward to it! X

By *usman 199Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"Yep Went on Monday to Peckforten Castle in Cheshire. Was lovely .

Very nice. Did you go for the classic, the indulgent or the cream one "

Hi mate Classic

By *atisfiedSighWoman
over a year ago

NW Wiltshire

Oohh yes, but I'd rather skip the little sandwiches and just have loads of little cakes and scones. I haven't had an afternoon tea in years - I don't have anyone who enjoys them.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

Yes love them and it has to be a traditional one

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Love them, do quite a few each year, Crewe Hall and Davenports are my favourites, funniest was a tea room where the parents had gone on holiday leaving their two burley sons to run it, sandwiches were like doorstops with crusts and the cake portion was quarter of a cake and scones twice the size as normal, think they thought they were feeding themselves

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Absolutely! A quintessential ritual that I partake in several times a year. From experience women often interpret it as a benign form of foreplay.

Who am I to argue with that?

Thankfully in ye olde London Towne there are many establishments offering these unforgettable experiences.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I had a fabulous one in Manchester's gay village last year. With a friend who'd never had proper afternoon tea before

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I used to love them but my tastes have changed and I can't tolerate the sweetness.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I used to love them but my tastes have changed and I can't tolerate the sweetness. "

I will have the sweet bits you have the savoury ones

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I used to love them but my tastes have changed and I can't tolerate the sweetness.

I will have the sweet bits you have the savoury ones "

Fair enough. My ideal would be charcuterie with olives

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I used to love them but my tastes have changed and I can't tolerate the sweetness.

Fair enough. My ideal would be charcuterie with olives "

That too. I love to nibble and often have that as dinner on a Friday night usually with plenty of that and a nice glass of red

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Oooh yes

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I love them, but been years since I had one. I need to find a friend to go for one with

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

That too. I love to nibble and often have that as dinner on a Friday night usually with plenty of that and a nice glass of red "

My ideal meal consists of a wide variety of tiny dishes.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

I LOVE afternoon tea. Claridge's is the classic one and has the best teas, but The Sanderson did an incredible Alice in Wonderland-themed one years back, where all the 'sandwiches' were sweet snd the 'cakes' savoury, and a golden pocket watch dissolved into a delicious consommé.

The Grand Café in Oxford, the oldest-coffee house in England, is very charming, too. And Fortnum's, of course.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

That too. I love to nibble and often have that as dinner on a Friday night usually with plenty of that and a nice glass of red

My ideal meal consists of a wide variety of tiny dishes. "

Nothing better to be honest. Often do that with friends in restaurants even when they don't offer it. Order different appetisers and starters and share. And yes always start with olives and some bread and olive and balsamico and few charcuterie bits and go on from there. So much nicer. On holidays too, love tapas, mezze and the like. Now I need some but I am cooking Chinese instead tonight

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Nothing better to be honest. Often do that with friends in restaurants even when they don't offer it. Order different appetisers and starters and share. And yes always start with olives and some bread and olive and balsamico and few charcuterie bits and go on from there. So much nicer. On holidays too, love tapas, mezze and the like. Now I need some but I am cooking Chinese instead tonight "

We're having egg and chips

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

We're having one at the Ivy soon!

M and M

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Nothing better to be honest. Often do that with friends in restaurants even when they don't offer it. Order different appetisers and starters and share. And yes always start with olives and some bread and olive and balsamico and few charcuterie bits and go on from there. So much nicer. On holidays too, love tapas, mezze and the like. Now I need some but I am cooking Chinese instead tonight

We're having egg and chips "

That really made me laugh, though when I was out earlier somehow I was craving for that. Ended up having a bacon sandwich and an éclair instead

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"We're having one at the Ivy soon!

M and M"

Enjoy

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes. Haven't been for one for quite awhile but my favourite places are the ritz and the George in stamford

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I love an afternoon tea. Even better at Betty’s in Harrogate

over a year ago

I was treated to one of these for my birthday in a lovely little tea house in a little village near us. First one I’d ever had and it was lovely, I definitely was surprised how filling it was.

By *Jones19Man
over a year ago

Evesham, Worcester, Pershore

"Do you like going for one. One of those three tier stands full of lovely savoury and sweet bites? I used to love it, not had one for ages. "

Live it. Got a nice little tea room in a local town that does everything homemade. Try and go atleast once a month with a friend.

By *enuinecouple16Couple
over a year ago

winsford near

Been there many times..lovely place and food

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I love an afternoon tea. Even better at Betty’s in Harrogate "

Certainly my weakness and often frequented though not for a little while. And always get tempted by the fat rascals

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Absolutely! A quintessential ritual that I partake in several times a year. From experience women often interpret it as a benign form of foreplay.

Thankfully in ye olde London Towne there are many establishments offering these unforgettable experiences."

°

"The Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea" at The Sanderson Hotel is one of the more iconic ones (mentioned by Elephantis). The teas are in fact fruit and flavour infusions. I'm not a fan of fruit teas per se, but they have raised the benchmark and it's quaffable tea.

Browns Hotel is one of my favourites, more so than Claridges (sorry Élèphantis!).

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"Absolutely! A quintessential ritual that I partake in several times a year. From experience women often interpret it as a benign form of foreplay.

Thankfully in ye olde London Towne there are many establishments offering these unforgettable experiences.

°

"The Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea" at The Sanderson Hotel is one of the more iconic ones (mentioned by Elephantis). The teas are in fact fruit and flavour infusions. I'm not a fan of fruit teas per se, but they have raised the benchmark and it's quaffable tea.

Browns Hotel is one of my favourites, more so than Claridges (sorry Élèphantis!).

"

No need to apologise. I hear strong rumours of a grand meeting in That London in December - perhaps Brown's should be the venue?

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I have never been for an afternoon tea.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"

I have never been for an afternoon tea. "

This.

Must.

And.

Shall.

Change.

over a year ago

Cake, finger sandwiches tea,what’s not to love about it

over a year ago

Yes, absolutely love it! I'm going for one on Friday and I can't wait. I only had one about 6 weeks ago too in a lovely hotel. So satisfying having a little munch on loads of goodies.

over a year ago

"Cake, fingers in lemons asshole and tea,what’s not to love about it"

By *inell1Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Earlier this week I booked one for next February at the Waldorf Hilton in London town

By *mightyMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

Cracking little place in Ilkley Yorkshire Betty’s tea room well worth trip if you’re in the area

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

°

No need to apologise. I hear strong rumours of a grand meeting in That London in December - perhaps Brown's should be the venue?"

°

The rumours are correct and quantifiable. Browns it is!

MístyPèaks would fit the triumvirate.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Cake, fingers in lemons asshole and tea,what’s not to love about it

"

°

I've already booked you in for the 5th Floor Harvey Nichols.

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

°

No need to apologise. I hear strong rumours of a grand meeting in That London in December - perhaps Brown's should be the venue?"

That’s where I went. Fabulous

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Cracking little place in Ilkley Yorkshire Betty’s tea room well worth trip if you’re in the area "

many lovely visits

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

°

No need to apologise. I hear strong rumours of a grand meeting in That London in December - perhaps Brown's should be the venue?

°

MístyPèaks would fit the triumvirate."

It may be more than a triumvirate. The phrase 'drowning in a sea of oestrogen' may have been used, too.

By *mightyMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

"Cracking little place in Ilkley Yorkshire Betty’s tea room well worth trip if you’re in the area

many lovely visits "

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

°

°

MístyPèaks would fit the triumvirate."

Is that an invitation?

over a year ago

°

I've already booked you in for the 5th Floor Harvey Nichols."

Ooh Nero that sounds fancy. Will you finger my asshole or is it a classy keep your knickers on type of establishment?

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Earlier this week I booked one for next February at the Waldorf Hilton in London town "

Sounds great. I have been but not gor afternoon tea. I am sure will be great

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

°

Ooh Nero that sounds fancy. Will you finger my asshole or is it a classy keep your knickers on type of establishment? "

Both those things can be true.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

°

°

Is that an invitation? "

It is from me, and I'm sure from Nero, too.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

°

Ooh Nero that sounds fancy. Will you finger my asshole or is it a classy keep your knickers on type of establishment? "

The two aren't mutually-exclusive; I would be delighted to probe whatever orifice takes your fancy. Knickers are optional/tea and filth is mandatory.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

°

°

Is that an invitation?

It is from me, and I'm sure from Nero, too."

Indeed it is!!..•°°*

By *sleWightCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Ryde

Hubby is a baker, and occasionally does the whole afternoon tea spread from scratch. The cheese scones he makes are seriously good.

As for the sarnies - you can't go wrong with egg n' cress!

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

°

°

Is that an invitation?

Indeed it is!!..•°°*"

How delicious. I am in

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

°

°

Is that an invitation?

Indeed it is!!..•°°*

How delicious. I am in "

A world-beating sandwich.

over a year ago

Yes I would love that.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Yes I would love that. "

°

You're also invited.

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

When I go away with my mother, take her away a couple of times a year on a little holiday break, we usually have an afternoon tea once or twice in the hotel we’re staying at,, very Civilised LOL

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Inspired by another afternoon tea thread, I thought I will resurrect this one as I am big lover of a nice proper, traditional, afternoon tea. Aren't you?

By *orphia2003Woman
over a year ago

Tonypandy.

Done a number of them over the years.

Favourite was the 'gentlemen's afternoon tea' at the Karma Sanctum Soho. Oysters, steak sandwiches, pulled pork and beef sliders, gala pie, with rum and raisin scones to finish.

Tea, fizz or beer.

We then retired to room terrace for snuff and whiskey.

Several of us got suited and booted for friends stag afternoon.

Post new Message to Thread