FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Catarrh issues, getting right up my bugle.

Jump to newest

By *ermite12uk OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

I think Qatar are wrong in pulling the alcohol deal with 2 days to go. However, I think I can understand where Qatar are coming from, when I see headlines such as:

'England stars on Thursday, met with migrant workers at their training base in defiance of Fifa’s order for teams to “focus on the football” at the World Cup.'

What business is it, of any another country, if migrant workers are being killed on building sites in Qatar? Did Qatar raise a stink over workers deaths, on the new WTC's or the 2012 Olympic stadiums?

Also wondering now, if the footballers, commentators etc. are now feeling a little bit worried about their "I'm going to publicise Qatars human rights issues." Because it's the 'woke' thing to do.

Imho, if you want to talk about your personal stance on LGBT all well and good.

But don't goto a country, whose human rights laws are pretty archaic and be able to talk freely about the issues Qatar are experiencing.

Similar for me going to the USA and saying they're muppets for driving on the wrong side of the road and complaining when I have a crash. To spell it out: I've basically brought it on myself by not following a countries laws and complaining about it doesn't negate the stupidity of the perpetrator. Jus saying.

What say ewe?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I think Qatar are wrong in pulling the alcohol deal with 2 days to go. However, I think I can understand where Qatar are coming from, when I see headlines such as:

'England stars on Thursday, met with migrant workers at their training base in defiance of Fifa’s order for teams to “focus on the football” at the World Cup.'

What business is it, of any another country, if migrant workers are being killed on building sites in Qatar? Did Qatar raise a stink over workers deaths, on the new WTC's or the 2012 Olympic stadiums?

Also wondering now, if the footballers, commentators etc. are now feeling a little bit worried about their "I'm going to publicise Qatars human rights issues." Because it's the 'woke' thing to do.

Imho, if you want to talk about your personal stance on LGBT all well and good.

But don't goto a country, whose human rights laws are pretty archaic and be able to talk freely about the issues Qatar are experiencing.

Similar for me going to the USA and saying they're muppets for driving on the wrong side of the road and complaining when I have a crash. To spell it out: I've basically brought it on myself by not following a countries laws and complaining about it doesn't negate the stupidity of the perpetrator. Jus saying.

What say ewe? "

You make some interesting points.

Yes people concerned about issues should be concerned all the time not just when it suits and to justify going on an all expenses paid trip with pay to said place, then say your doing it under protest.

( During lockdown/covid many sporting events took place without the commentary team there,done via a live feed so why travel to Qatar)

Simple fact is they should have never been awarded the competition and all the big footballing nation's should have boycotted the event by not attending.

Shown some backbone, it's not like FIFA would have banned the likes of Spain, Italy, England, Germany add a few south American countries as well.

You touched on a point about going to America.

Now I know that was an example but as a country they are the biggest critics'of other countries but God forbid if you criticise their country but that's a different discussion.

By *ermite12uk OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

"You make some interesting points.

Yes people concerned about issues should be concerned all the time not just when it suits and to justify going on an all expenses paid trip with pay to said place, then say your doing it under protest.

( During lockdown/covid many sporting events took place without the commentary team there,done via a live feed so why travel to Qatar)

Simple fact is they should have never been awarded the competition and all the big footballing nation's should have boycotted the event by not attending.

Shown some backbone, it's not like FIFA would have banned the likes of Spain, Italy, England, Germany add a few south American countries as well.

You touched on a point about going to America.

Now I know that was an example but as a country they are the biggest critics'of other countries but God forbid if you criticise their country but that's a different discussion.

"

Never thought of the commentators staying in the broadcasting studio. But you definitely have a point. Certainly cut down on their carbon footprints.

If you criticise the USA, they usually invade you.

I posted this somewhere else, hence the references to the USA. However I got a couple of good ideas that I'd never thought of:

Budweiser is gnats piss, so probably better it has been all but banned.

And tellingly, Sepp Blatters pension.

Post new Message to Thread