Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Work Worry

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do many ppl suffer from work worry? I suffer with massive bouts of it.

I fall into the trap of catastrophizing Massively.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orphia2003Woman
over a year ago

Tonypandy.

All the time. Sometimes about my role, my responsibility, how much my company fail to address issues etc.

Then I get phases of 'fuck it'

over a year ago

"All the time. Sometimes about my role, my responsibility, how much my company fail to address issues etc.

Then I get phases of 'fuck it'

"

It’s crippling for me. It really effects my life.

May I pm you?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Talk to your HR department

If there are dangerous practices, or HSE risks or incomplete processes these should be addressed urgently and formally

If you are worried about doing something accidentally wrong then talk to your boss about how to build confidence or some sort of validation check into your work.... Can you put some kind of measure in place, where you can start to monitor the 'quality /integrity /accuracy' of the output?

If it's general worry /rumination look for mindful courses

over a year ago

Sorry forgot to add: ask for, or seek out training if you feel it is a knowledge gap

over a year ago

I used to, it made me ill. I retired to get away from it.

over a year ago

First of all think that if you left that job, how would they cope? would they collapse? the answer is normally no they would simply replace you, even though in many situations you are the most valued most trained most competent employee you are replaceable, it’s a work mentality these days too keep piling pressure on, do more work more hours so you do end feeling like you are the core of the company and without you it would end, not the case, the bottom line is ‘a salary is the drug your employer gives you to forget your dreams’ ….. let that sink in …….. even if you enjoy your job the way to get rid of the worry is to dedicate an hour or two everyday to pursuing those dreams, if it means getting up earlier or staying up later, that time is yours, learn new skills, expand your knowledge, act on it, then work becomes that thing you do to pay the bills and your actual focus is on you, which is what it should be, good luck OP much love and strength x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/11/22 09:06:41]

over a year ago

"Talk to your HR department

If there are dangerous practices, or HSE risks or incomplete processes these should be addressed urgently and formally

If you are worried about doing something accidentally wrong then talk to your boss about how to build confidence or some sort of validation check into your work.... Can you put some kind of measure in place, where you can start to monitor the 'quality /integrity /accuracy' of the output?

If it's general worry /rumination look for mindful courses "

Hi thank you!

The actions aren’t really life threatening etc . But just bad practice.

I’m in a role and trying to back fill the void by having no one in post for 8 months.

So issues developed and I’m now being asked to manage those issues.

The problem is I think I’m too empathetic and understanding. In my role (performance management ) this is maybe not a great trait to have.

over a year ago

"I used to, it made me ill. I retired to get away from it."

Sorry to

Hear this!!

By *onyMad123Couple
over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Try self employment and the worries and uncertainty that brings, I just need a regular paid job, especially as my work is so seasonal and also leisure, so non essential. It's hard I often have found waves of panic lately.

over a year ago

"Try self employment and the worries and uncertainty that brings, I just need a regular paid job, especially as my work is so seasonal and also leisure, so non essential. It's hard I often have found waves of panic lately. "

Sorry to hear that. I’ve every empathy for you

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Learn how to manage it using therapy strategies

over a year ago

"Try self employment and the worries and uncertainty that brings, I just need a regular paid job, especially as my work is so seasonal and also leisure, so non essential. It's hard I often have found waves of panic lately. "

18yrs self employed. I’ve just gone back to self employment for ‘security’. I want out right now. It massively sucks.

Some bosses and businesses think a person can work like a robot.

over a year ago

"Talk to your HR department

If it's general worry /rumination look for mindful courses

Hi thank you!

The actions aren’t really life threatening etc . But just bad practice.

I’m in a role and trying to back fill the void by having no one in post for 8 months.

So issues developed and I’m now being asked to manage those issues.

The problem is I think I’m too empathetic and understanding. In my role (performance management ) this is maybe not a great trait to have. "

So in that case i think it's good to map out your view of the perfect world - ie, this is where we'd like to be... And then lay out how it is... And create a plan to move the needle.. It'll be xx months for to deliver this service on my own, or, if i had xx help i could deliver in a shortened time, or ficus on wider remit.

Focus on the essential by prioritising the tasks +deliverables and identify nice to have.. Nice to have get delivered only when the essentials are being achieved in a robust way.. And then communicate the plan

In the meantime you should identify the current issues and get your boss to help create a plan to address /tackle. Its good to have empathy, but don't get taken for a ride and remember once you set the precedent, potentially the gates will open for others

Post new Message to Thread