Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Love handles on men

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Afternoon all, long story short.. depression, over working and under loved has led me to comfort eat. Nothing will stop the craze for food when things are a little odd.

Anyway having dealt with that and taking green tea supplements with more regular water to curve the craving has anyone got any tips on how to reduce and eventually remove love handles? Not a great gym goer, too many buns in Lycra cause a distraction! Have looked at cycling etc but what worked for you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You can’t spot reduce fat mate. Keep doing what you’re doing and they will eventually disappear. Well done so far

Keep at it

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

It’s simple - calorie deficit, burn more calories than you consume over a period of time and you’ll lose weight. And walking is a great low impact exercise.

But as the above poster pointed out, you can’t specify where on the body the fat is shed.

Good luck OP!

over a year ago

Sadly love handles are the first to go on and last to come off.

You’ve just got to keep going with reducing your calories.

Cut out sugar if you can and you’ll see changes.

It’s not easy especially with comfort eating, but slowly changing some habits will make improvements in the long run.

I don’t really advocate them but swapping regular cola for zero will help find that craving you get for those kind of things.

Walking is a great way to start exercising. Put your music on and get out it’s a good workout if you go a couple of miles to start with

All the best!

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

some ladies like love handles,, dont dad bods have them..

over a year ago

I chose the if i make my arms n chest bigger it will make my belly look smaller strategy not sure it works

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Got to agree with all of the above, OP. Just got to burn off more than you put in and they'll go eventually (though I'm not disciplined enough to have ever reached that point! ).

Cycling's a great way of burning off the calories, but I think the key to any exercise is to find something you enjoy so you're more likely to stick to it.

Good luck!

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

"I chose the if i make my arms n chest bigger it will make my belly look smaller strategy not sure it works "

Haha, sneaky!

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm going to bookmark this (well, as a consequence of this post I already have!), because I'm in the possession of some teeny weeny "puppy fat" that I would like to wave a fond farewell to.

over a year ago

"I chose the if i make my arms n chest bigger it will make my belly look smaller strategy not sure it works

Haha, sneaky! "

i get to still eat biscuits

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There's no magic way to transform your body from dieting, with the precision of a surgical blade. Your body follows its own directives.

You can tone selected body areas though. As well as work on psychological tendencies that may lie at odds with what you really want.

People want a full variety of people here and gym guys can be the least interesting for many - they want someone with a relaxed body type and approach to life.

Post new Message to Thread