Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

You can't please everyone

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just a little bit of a heads up to everyone if someone gives you a negative message back don't keep messaging them because it's not going to work, sometimes I send a message to someone and they will either take it in the good way or in a bad way with what I say some people can get the joke some people can't

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Was it a good joke or a bad joke?

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

Have you been harassing someone?

over a year ago

"Have you been harassing someone?"

Sounds like it doesn’t it

over a year ago

So you might as well please yourself

over a year ago

No I have not been harassing anyone jeez I'm one of the good ones unlike some creeps on here wow

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

Seems kinda suspect

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Thanks for the heads up

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

I can't please anyone

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"No I have not been harassing anyone jeez I'm one of the good ones unlike some creeps on here wow "

As a spokesman for some creeps, can we hear the joke?

I need cheering up after my 64th copy/paste message has been deleted, I'm so blue

By *otmyrealname99Man
over a year ago

Manchester

You can at least try. Or not, idc really

over a year ago

"Have you been harassing someone?

Sounds like it doesn’t it "

Very much so

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"Just a little bit of a heads up to everyone if someone gives you a negative message back don't keep messaging them because it's not going to work, sometimes I send a message to someone and they will either take it in the good way or in a bad way with what I say some people can get the joke some people can't "

So, basically you sent something offensive under the guise of it supposedly being funny, in the way that most abusive people do, then when they take offence you gaslight them into believing they are the ones with the problem and that you’re a ‘nice guy’ and just trying to ‘have a laff’. You really need to do some serious self examination and accept you’re probably an abusive person.

over a year ago

Not here to please everyone …fuck everyone I’m here for me

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"Just a little bit of a heads up to everyone if someone gives you a negative message back don't keep messaging them because it's not going to work, sometimes I send a message to someone and they will either take it in the good way or in a bad way with what I say some people can get the joke some people can't

So, basically you sent something offensive under the guise of it supposedly being funny, in the way that most abusive people do, then when they take offence you gaslight them into believing they are the ones with the problem and that you’re a ‘nice guy’ and just trying to ‘have a laff’. You really need to do some serious self examination and accept you’re probably an abusive person. "

Lighten up.

The guy has probably already realised that he made two mistakes, sending the message and then telling us about it!

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Just a little bit of a heads up to everyone if someone gives you a negative message back don't keep messaging them because it's not going to work, sometimes I send a message to someone and they will either take it in the good way or in a bad way with what I say some people can get the joke some people can't

So, basically you sent something offensive under the guise of it supposedly being funny, in the way that most abusive people do, then when they take offence you gaslight them into believing they are the ones with the problem and that you’re a ‘nice guy’ and just trying to ‘have a laff’. You really need to do some serious self examination and accept you’re probably an abusive person. "

Inspector Clouseau ^

over a year ago

Some off the messages I had at the start of the week was a tick box exercise in red flags

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

So, basically you sent something offensive under the guise of it supposedly being funny, in the way that most abusive people do, then when they take offence you gaslight them into believing they are the ones with the problem and that you’re a ‘nice guy’ and just trying to ‘have a laff’. You really need to do some serious self examination and accept you’re probably an abusive person.

Lighten up.

The guy has probably already realised that he made two mistakes, sending the message and then telling us about it!"

I don’t think abuse is something to be light about, but if you’re ok with it that’s fine, you do you.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

Lighten up.

The guy has probably already realised that he made two mistakes, sending the message and then telling us about it!

I don’t think abuse is something to be light about, but if you’re ok with it that’s fine, you do you. "

You have no evidence to suggest he has been abusive. All of what you said are assumptions

over a year ago

"No I have not been harassing anyone jeez I'm one of the good ones unlike some creeps on here wow "
good is a point of view

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

Lighten up.

I don’t think abuse is something to be light about, but if you’re ok with it that’s fine, you do you.

You have no evidence to suggest he has been abusive. All of what you said are assumptions"

So, this is what he said - ‘sometimes I send a message to someone and they will either take it in the good way or in a bad way with what I say some people can get the joke some people can't.’

How is that not evidence that he is clearly saying something that can easily be considered offensive by some people? And then is saying that there’s nothing wrong with doing that because he’s supposedly hiding it under the guise of it being a joke, when if the person he has sent it to finds it offensive then its their problem for seemingly not having a sense of humour. This is classic gaslighting, being a twat to someone then trying to turn it around to being their problem when they are offended!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Well this escalated quickly.

Here to please everyone

Mrs

over a year ago

That’s what all of the creeps say

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"No I have not been harassing anyone jeez I'm one of the good ones unlike some creeps on here wow

That’s what all of the creeps say

"

Yep, exactly

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

Lighten up.

You have no evidence to suggest he has been abusive. All of what you said are assumptions

So, this is what he said - ‘sometimes I send a message to someone and they will either take it in the good way or in a bad way with what I say some people can get the joke some people can't.’

How is that not evidence that he is clearly saying something that can easily be considered offensive by some people? And then is saying that there’s nothing wrong with doing that because he’s supposedly hiding it under the guise of it being a joke, when if the person he has sent it to finds it offensive then its their problem for seemingly not having a sense of humour. This is classic gaslighting, being a twat to someone then trying to turn it around to being their problem when they are offended!"

You filled in a lot of gaps. We would need to see the content of the messages/jokes before making the judgement that you have.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Some off the messages I had at the start of the week was a tick box exercise in red flags "

Shd have seen one of my latest! Made me chuckle though x

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

Lighten up.

How is that not evidence that he is clearly saying something that can easily be considered offensive by some people? And then is saying that there’s nothing wrong with doing that because he’s supposedly hiding it under the guise of it being a joke, when if the person he has sent it to finds it offensive then its their problem for seemingly not having a sense of humour. This is classic gaslighting, being a twat to someone then trying to turn it around to being their problem when they are offended!

You filled in a lot of gaps. We would need to see the content of the messages/jokes before making the judgement that you have. "

Hmm, I don’t think I’ve extrapolated much, but I would be happy to be proved wrong. And I would be equally happy to point out to someone who feels as though what they are doing is acceptable if it is indeed abusive.

over a year ago

"Just a little bit of a heads up to everyone if someone gives you a negative message back don't keep messaging them because it's not going to work, sometimes I send a message to someone and they will either take it in the good way or in a bad way with what I say some people can get the joke some people can't "

What message did you send to them? What was the joke?

Humour can depend on if the person knows you. It doesn't always come across well in text.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Thats what the creeps say though

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

You need to dial basic the wild assumptions

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

Is that what the young uns refer to as banter?

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

Yet another fine example as to why I will never start a thread

over a year ago

"Is that what the young uns refer to as banter?"

Nope. I save my best jokes for the club

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

It also depends on what kind of day that person or persons have had, something that you might find hilarious might offend them or yours could be message 475 that they have received and just say what a tit. Don't just think about yourself op

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

"Is that what the young uns refer to as banter?

Nope. I save my best jokes for the club "

Which club? Asking for a friend….

over a year ago

i only care about pleasing myself

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Oops sorry I won’t do it again.

V x

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Covent Garden

OP, the Fab journey on here is mostly an undulating one, beset by challenges, frustration and a few rare delights. Persevere, be the good citizen (as I'm sure you are) and just take things are they come: the good, the bad and the indifferent.

Good luck.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Hey, go easy on the OP. He has realised something and shared.

There's no call for it to become an allout assault on his character, when he may never have done anything that reasonably would offend anyone.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Maybe you're just not funny?

over a year ago

"Is that what the young uns refer to as banter?

Nope. I save my best jokes for the club

Which club? Asking for a friend…. "

Green arrow me maybe

By *espacito56Man
over a year ago

West Mainland, Orkney

Rick Nelson. Garden Party.

over a year ago

"Hey, go easy on the OP. He has realised something and shared.

There's no call for it to become an allout assault on his character, when he may never have done anything that reasonably would offend anyone. "

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

Pretty much anything can be offensive to someone.

Unless we know what was said there's no need to judge.

over a year ago

Even though I don't think I'll hear back from you and that's not me being cryptic or anything like that just want to say I hope all is well? Hopefully have a good weekend? I'll be in Southport for the weekend for the night life I like the nightlife down there anyway remember to keep smiling, don't let anyone put you down unless it's in a good way of course

Then boom... End of the day on here in my twenties there was banter have a laugh etc but again people always thinking the worse I was one of the ones making videos discussing about MH I'm not a creep I'm not a nasty person

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

But I'm a creep

I'm a weirdo

What the hell am I doin' here?

I don't belong here

The anthem of my youth.

That and Beck

over a year ago

I try to please some people all of the time. And some people none of the time. I find this works out for me.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

"I try to please some people all of the time. And some people none of the time. I find this works out for me. "

As long as you don't try to please all of the people all of the time! That would be going too far.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

exactly some have a sense of humour but more often than not they don't it's purely because of the amount of messages they get, sometimes the jokes lost in translation sometimes they just don't get it or nsh

over a year ago

"I try to please some people all of the time. And some people none of the time. I find this works out for me.

As long as you don't try to please all of the people all of the time! That would be going too far. "

This is good advice Glyn. I should try to remember this some way.

over a year ago

Like the song says " well...its alright now...learned my lesson well...you can't please everyone so ya gotta please yourself "

over a year ago

It is what it is you can't please everyone at the end of the day some people will take offence to a message some people want to be nice to you some people want to be nasty at the end of the day life too short to hold a grudge... There is always going to be people on here that like you there is always going to be people out there that don't like you it's just the way it is as Bruce Hornsby says

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

So what did you actually say?

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"So what did you actually say?"

Presumably nothing creepy or nasty.

However, we have all been dying to know from the very beginning!

over a year ago

Apparently you can please some of the people all of the time….

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"So what did you actually say?"

He posted it above

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

That’s what the block button is for mate; they’re either not interested, or not on your wavelength! Block and move on

Post new Message to Thread