Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

World Cup

Jump to newest

By *allySlinky OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

No alcohol in the staduims. What happens to $75 million sponsor Budweiser ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

None at th euros either. Non story.

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

"No alcohol in the staduims. What happens to $75 million sponsor Budweiser ?"

On the plus side for those attending, At £11 for 500ml it will save people a lot of money!

over a year ago

You get still get Bud Zero

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

"None at th euros either. Non story.

"

yes there was just not in the stands.

over a year ago

Yep don’t think they will be happy with there £63m sponsorship deal as they were told there would be able to sell it outside the grounds initially

over a year ago

*outside not inside

over a year ago

Might turn hooligans into normal football fans with an alcohol ban

over a year ago

The first world cup I'll not be watching for ethical reasons. £208 billion spent on the six stadiums on sl*v* labour at average of £220/ month plus food and board and each labourer has to pay back the £1300-1500 registration fee to enter the country, deducted from their salary), (Russia was 11 billion). The government announced death toll has been huge but only 3 declared on site due to work a just over 350 workers but unrelated to work (over 200 are Nepali). The true numbers have been quoted well above a thousand by numerous human rights agencies working there.

Under Qatar law no payment is made to families of deceased if death is not on site or due to employment!

This isn't a touch on the iceberg of human sl*v*ry and disregard to human rights. Then there's their laws on LGBT+ community. I'll stop but if you'd like to confirm the stats go to the Guardian and Google a few more sources.

IMO, England and FIFA should have made a stance but as per any sport corruption abounds.

By *allySlinky OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Shame on Robbie Williams for performing there and well done Rod Stewart and Dua Lipa for turning it down

over a year ago

"The first world cup I'll not be watching for ethical reasons. £208 billion spent on the six stadiums on sl*v* labour at average of £220/ month plus food and board and each labourer has to pay back the £1300-1500 registration fee to enter the country, deducted from their salary), (Russia was 11 billion). The government announced death toll has been huge but only 3 declared on site due to work a just over 350 workers but unrelated to work (over 200 are Nepali). The true numbers have been quoted well above a thousand by numerous human rights agencies working there.

Under Qatar law no payment is made to families of deceased if death is not on site or due to employment!

This isn't a touch on the iceberg of human sl*v*ry and disregard to human rights. Then there's their laws on LGBT+ community. I'll stop but if you'd like to confirm the stats go to the Guardian and Google a few more sources.

IMO, England and FIFA should have made a stance but as per any sport corruption abounds."

*Meant to say well above 6 thousand

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

Shouldn't be supporting the bullshit anyway the corruption in FIFA is inexcusable

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

None allowed in the "Cheap" seats but allowed in the corporate area's and that about sums up the current state of footiefootball really as in the real fans don't matter and used as basically cash machines for ....xxx

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Plus Budweiser isn't strictly ....and like the old joke ...what has budweiser and having sex on a rowing boat got in common ..to much like fu**ing near water

over a year ago

"Might turn hooligans into normal football fans with an alcohol ban "

Unlikely…. But we can hope

over a year ago

Lol they announced some areas for alcohol.....2 days before start...no alcohol anywhere....

Boycott this event,cant even begin to describe how rotten this world Cup is

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"No alcohol in the stadiums. What happens to $75 million sponsor Budweiser ?"

I'm certain many more people will be watching from pubs and bars around the world

over a year ago

Probably well worth the subliminal messaging that will happen as people view the footbal from pubs all around the world and drink Bud as a result.

By *eece38Man
over a year ago

bangor

I'll be there Monday so let's see what happens

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s not the alcohol at or not at the stadiums that does it for me.

The Countries wishes should be respected.

However they should not have the World Cup.

over a year ago

"None at th euros either. Non story.

"

Yes there was.

over a year ago

"The first world cup I'll not be watching for ethical reasons. £208 billion spent on the six stadiums on sl*v* labour at average of £220/ month plus food and board and each labourer has to pay back the £1300-1500 registration fee to enter the country, deducted from their salary), (Russia was 11 billion). The government announced death toll has been huge but only 3 declared on site due to work a just over 350 workers but unrelated to work (over 200 are Nepali). The true numbers have been quoted well above a thousand by numerous human rights agencies working there.

IMO, England and FIFA should have made a stance but as per any sport corruption abounds."

This. We adore football, but it would feel wrong to watch the tournament.

Don't blame the players for going, personally. They didn't put themselves in this situation and it comes around once every 4 years. I have a feeling something big may happen during the tournament which sees a team refuse to play in protest anyway, then the whole thing may just fall apart.

over a year ago

IMO, England and FIFA should have made a stance but as per any sport corruption abounds.

This. We adore football, but it would feel wrong to watch the tournament.

Don't blame the players for going, personally. They didn't put themselves in this situation and it comes around once every 4 years. I have a feeling something big may happen during the tournament which sees a team refuse to play in protest anyway, then the whole thing may just fall apart."

The positive I see about it going to Qatar is how it is exposing the extent that sl*v*ry still exists in our 'modern' world. It's at it's greatest ever level in history and yet most people turn a blind eye to the information and statistics because it does suit their idea that we live in a freer world.

Post new Message to Thread