Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

International Men's day

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As it's international men's day tomorrow whereby we celebrate "postive value men bring to the world, their families and communities. We highlight positive role models and raise awareness of men’s well-being. The theme for 2022 is “Helping Men and Boys" (internationalmensday, 2022).

Let's promote and speak positively about the men in your life .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I’ll keep bumping this for you dude to remind everyone of the positive impact blokes have in society

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah, but when's it going to be International Women's Day?

over a year ago

Jim is that you in full on sectret agent mode

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Yeah, but when's it going to be International Women's Day? "

There's always one.

over a year ago

"Yeah, but when's it going to be International Women's Day?

There's always one. "

But when is it?

over a year ago

There's always one.

But when is it?"

Do your own research.

over a year ago

Whens international greggs day?

over a year ago

There's always one.

But when is it?

Do your own research. "

I have a woman to do that for me but I'd like her to have a day if possible.

over a year ago

There's always one.

But when is it?

Do your own research.

I have a woman to do that for me but I'd like her to have a day if possible."

Be the change, Pete. Be the change.

over a year ago

There's always one.

But when is it?

Do your own research.

I have a woman to do that for me but I'd like her to have a day if possible.

Be the change, Pete. Be the change. "

I don't know what this means but I'll give it a go.

over a year ago

"As it's international men's day tomorrow whereby we celebrate "postive value men bring to the world, their families and communities. We highlight positive role models and raise awareness of men’s well-being. The theme for 2022 is “Helping Men and Boys" (internationalmensday, 2022).

Let's promote and speak positively about the men in your life . "

Bump. So important to promote mental health among young men in particular. The way men are treated on here is often callous and totally dismissive of their MH, and often from the #BeKind gang too.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Not going to be around much tomorrow. So happy Mens day in advance Kings!

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

•— —•

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Let's all go down the pub, slap some arse and roll in at 5pm expecting tea on table..

over a year ago

Bumps ! Sin xo

By *eard and TattsCouple
over a year ago

Cwmbran

[Removed by poster at 18/11/22 11:48:46]

By *eard and TattsCouple
over a year ago

Cwmbran

I don't need validation and i certainly don't need a day to celebrate it

That's what birthdays are for

By *ister_ee_1981Man
over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

"As it's international men's day tomorrow whereby we celebrate "postive value men bring to the world, their families and communities. We highlight positive role models and raise awareness of men’s well-being. The theme for 2022 is “Helping Men and Boys" (internationalmensday, 2022).

Bump. So important to promote mental health among young men in particular. The way men are treated on here is often callous and totally dismissive of their MH, and often from the #BeKind gang too."

Indeed, we are not disposable playthings to be discarded like a Maccy D wrapper after a night out.

We are all kings and we need to recognise that and support each other to achieve our goals!

Much love bro's!

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Let’s celebrate International Men’s day

over a year ago

International Men’s day could be a big, positive, and inclusive event for everyone. But all the men are sat at home waiting for their wife or mum to organise it

over a year ago

I intend on milking it

Some scary stuff though shared on an email at work about suicides etc . Love to all men worldwide

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's often not spoken about, but highest suicide rate is men in 40's. Often men are told to "man up" etc which invalidates their emotions. Why should one gender be normalized to express emotions and another not.

over a year ago

"It's often not spoken about, but highest suicide rate is men in 40's. Often men are told to "man up" etc which invalidates their emotions. Why should one gender be normalized to express emotions and another not. "

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

I appreciate all the blokes!

over a year ago

"I appreciate all the blokes! "

Cheers

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

I write on my blog about mental health

I also do videos in the river talking about mental health called bollox from the river

https://youtube.com/channel/UCwl7prMPcXUHiNlzA2dFp5w

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Let’s celebrate International Men’s day

over a year ago

Let's promote and speak positively about the men in your life . "

What does 'helping men and boys' mean?

We need more positive male role models.

By *mightyMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

Its OK not to be OK

sectioned previously for MH issues I myself came out winning still affects me to date though

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Let's all go down the pub, slap some arse and roll in at 5pm expecting tea on table.."

If it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

/ b u m p /

over a year ago

"I appreciate all the blokes! "

I’ll take that.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Windmills in the street for everyone!

The mr

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Didn't have a good father growing up. But my uncles and best mates dad did loads for a me a kid. My first ever boss, told me to quit my job, I was better than I thought I was and should go prove it to myself. My PhD supervisor has had a massive positive impact in my life. These men have shaped my life and I value them all.

Happy men's day to all the men who do their best to make the world a better place

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Happy International Men's Day.

I hope you took part in the BALLSIEST world record attempt.

If you didn't, you could still post a picture here of your hand down your trousers checking your testicles.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I write on my blog about mental health

I also do videos in the river talking about mental health called bollox from the river

https://youtube.com/channel/UCwl7prMPcXUHiNlzA2dFp5w"

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope men and boys are given the opportunity to be everything they have the potential to be, even if it's outside stereotypes

over a year ago

Big fan of both man's day and women's day. It gives us time to reflect that the different genders do have different things going on.

I'd love an international persons day to reflect on how they overlap. While it's a generalisation IWD often has talks on how women can get on on a man's world... And then IMD is on how a man's world isn't all that great.

(I fear that "men's issues" could become women's issues too if we don't look wider)

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"I hope men and boys are given the opportunity to be everything they have the potential to be, even if it's outside stereotypes"

Absolutely this

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Big fan of both man's day and women's day. It gives us time to reflect that the different genders do have different things going on.

I'd love an international persons day to reflect on how they overlap. While it's a generalisation IWD often has talks on how women can get on on a man's world... And then IMD is on how a man's world isn't all that great.

(I fear that "men's issues" could become women's issues too if we don't look wider)

"

It has been a slog to get IMD to be picked up. I started a thread on IMD about 9 years ago and got very little traction and some abuse.

Most don't know the history of IMD (Dr Singh started it in Trinidad and Tobago to commemorate his father in 1999). I think the reason and way it started meant it didn't have the impact of IWD, which has many 'start' dates going back to 1909/10 centred on suffrage, emancipation and rights.

IMD has grown as more recognise the modern complexity of being a man, the toll on mental health, and getting men to take their physical health seriously.

Appreciating and celebrating our differences is important. It doesn't men condoning or ignoring the where there is an unequal impact.

Love to you all.

over a year ago

Bump. So important to promote mental health among young men in particular. The way men are treated on here is often callous and totally dismissive of their MH, and often from the #BeKind gang too."

By *mightyMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

Bump. So important to promote mental health among young men in particular. The way men are treated on here is often callous and totally dismissive of their MH, and often from the #BeKind gang too.

"

I work in construction theres plenty of info & advice to read but it’s summa that’s not talked about between male colleagues on my site alone is 400-500 men

By *mightyMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

I work in construction theres plenty of info & advice to read but it’s summa that’s not talked about between male colleagues on my site alone is 400-500 men "

On the site notice boards it states 2 men commit suicide every hour over the age 40 you’d think it be more talked about but clearly shows that not everybody is open to the idea

over a year ago

Follow your dreams guys

By *horesonWellesMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Happy International Men's Day to all trans men too. It's good to remember men come in all shapes and sizes, and some are self made men

Sadly there's painfully high rates of abuse, MH problems, and suicide in our community. We're often get forgotten about and forced into a weird grey area where we're not accepted as "real" men, but we're too male to be welcome or "safe" around women

We need more good male role-models showing what healthy masculinity looks like, and we need them in every generation. We can all become those role models too. You're never too old to learn and grow.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Happy International Men's Day to all trans men too. It's good to remember men come in all shapes and sizes, and some are self made men

Sadly there's painfully high rates of abuse, MH problems, and suicide in our community. We're often get forgotten about and forced into a weird grey area where we're not accepted as "real" men, but we're too male to be welcome or "safe" around women

We need more good male role-models showing what healthy masculinity looks like, and we need them in every generation. We can all become those role models too. You're never too old to learn and grow."

Much love x

over a year ago

This is not a real thing come on time out

over a year ago

"Big fan of both man's day and women's day. It gives us time to reflect that the different genders do have different things going on.

It has been a slog to get IMD to be picked up. I started a thread on IMD about 9 years ago and got very little traction and some abuse.

Most don't know the history of IMD (Dr Singh started it in Trinidad and Tobago to commemorate his father in 1999). I think the reason and way it started meant it didn't have the impact of IWD, which has many 'start' dates going back to 1909/10 centred on suffrage, emancipation and rights.

IMD has grown as more recognise the modern complexity of being a man, the toll on mental health, and getting men to take their physical health seriously.

Appreciating and celebrating our differences is important. It doesn't men condoning or ignoring the where there is an unequal impact.

Love to you all.

"

Post new Message to Thread