Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Selling a car

Jump to newest

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

What Is the best reverse auction site ? I had quotes from we buy any car , we buy your car, Cazoo, motorway and auto trader but I guess when they turn up they will all try and negotiate down and rip me off

If you sell privately how do you do the transaction without being scammed or it hitting anti-money laundering limits at your bank. I think it’s 5K limit most banks. I have also heard of people pre tending to interested in viewing premium cars for sale on gumtree or Facebook just to figure out when you are in / not in then steal the car and your house contacts. I don’t really want that to happen so reluctant to list it for ale anywhere

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

We told ours on motorway and got our asking price,no problems. The guy that picked ours up, said its very rare for them to counter offer unless you have lied about the flaws.

Avoid we buy any car at all costs as they are renowned for knocking prices down.

You will always get more privately but its always a hassle with tyre kickers and timewasters.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you have been honest about the car and it’s condition these sites will honour the price quoted.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As above poster said, unless you haven't disclosed damage etc, they cNt really chip away at the price.

Try arnoldclark.com/sell-my-car.

I used to work there, usually offer a wee bit more than WBAC and payment is quick and easy.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

WBAC also have physical sites these days so you can drive up and get a valuation in person.

That way there shouldn't be any haggling or knocking down in price. Pretty sure they should have a list on the website and they're usually just container cabins in retail shopping car parks.

A

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Px prices aren’t much less than selling privately these days either.

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I went with we buy your car in the end. He offered me £1000 lower at first , finding small scratches and missing services in the computer but I refused I said I could get them buffed out for £100 and chase down the service updates and he could come back in a few days . He did the whole calling the office a few times and came back with the price I wanted and waived the £100 admin fee.

Post new Message to Thread