FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cows could be given vaccines to reduce methane from farts.....

Jump to newest

By *irtydevil666 OP   Man
over a year ago

bristol

Scientists in New Zealand are exploring ways to make the animals more eco-friendly as the planet tries to combat global warming.

Methane - which cows emit from eating grass - is at least 25 times more potent than carbon dioxide and is considered to be a major factor behind climate change.

The jab has the potential to reduce cattle gases by 30 per cent. It stimulates cows' immune systems to produce antibodies that dampen the output of methane-producing microbes.

Peter Janssen, a principal scientist at AgResearch, said: "I don't believe there's any other place that has the breadth of ambition that New Zealand has in terms of the range of technologies being investigated in any one place."

The boffin is convinced that the jab will have the desired effect.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtydevil666 OP   Man
over a year ago

bristol

Holy Cow Batman.....maybe it could be used on humans.....we all know somebody who farts way to much.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

well there it is seen as cow farts are the biggest cause lets get the coal stations up n running quick and get the bills down

over a year ago

I wonder if they could give my husband an injection to reduce his methane?

over a year ago

"Holy Cow Batman.....maybe it could be used on humans.....we all know somebody who farts way to much..... "

This

over a year ago

Surely animals are eco-friendly just by their very design by the dear Old Mother Earth. I suggest the scientists turn their attention more to the cars and planes and give them a little injection.

By *umbriaman1962Man
over a year ago

outside of penrith

They blame cows but look back how much clearer cleaner air was in lock down less planes less cars etc

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Vaccines.

What could go wrong.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Vaccines.

What could go wrong. "