Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Getting more healthier and bigger

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Afternoon all.

Was seeking some advice. I’ve been slim practically all my life. My metabolism is like crazy rapid. I did through a spell of skipping meals but now I don’t miss a meal.

Currently weighing in at 76kg. 6ft tall. What exercises would you recommend I do to get bigger arms chest etc and would you recommend any personal trainers in the Newcastle area or online just because I don’t actually know what I’m doing.

Goals are like Christian Bale in Dark Knight. I get it’ll be difficult but I want to set a top target

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Afternoon all.

Was seeking some advice. I’ve been slim practically all my life. My metabolism is like crazy rapid. I did through a spell of skipping meals but now I don’t miss a meal.

Currently weighing in at 76kg. 6ft tall. What exercises would you recommend I do to get bigger arms chest etc and would you recommend any personal trainers in the Newcastle area or online just because I don’t actually know what I’m doing.

Goals are like Christian Bale in Dark Knight. I get it’ll be difficult but I want to set a top target

Many thanks

"

I used to be skinny, like 5"10 and 10st skinny. Now I'm too fat lol but that's because I lack motivation so when I'm depressed I stop working out and eat loads of junk.

I find this workout to be really good if you have free weights at home or in the gym:

https://www.coachmag.co.uk/fitness/workouts/free-weight-workouts

over a year ago

Oh, and what's your diet like?

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Food is going to be your biggest hurdle. You'll need to be in a calorie excess to put on the weight and size. If you keep eating as you are now then you won't put on any real size. Just be aware that you're probably going to end up sick of food, eating when you're not hungry.

The MyFitnessPal app is useful for calorie tracking and goals. I think it even has a function for "I want to lose/gain x-many kilos per week".

LvM

By *idlandsmale2022Man
over a year ago

walsall

Honestly I've been like that for years some people just plato up and down a few pounds, calories is what you need plenty of and eat the right foods and as for exercises in the gym I normally try lift heavier every week especially on chest,back,shoulders and lower my reps when I get near my max weight instead of light weights and loads of reps.

over a year ago

"Afternoon all.

Many thanks

I used to be skinny, like 5"10 and 10st skinny. Now I'm too fat lol but that's because I lack motivation so when I'm depressed I stop working out and eat loads of junk.

I find this workout to be really good if you have free weights at home or in the gym:

https://www.coachmag.co.uk/fitness/workouts/free-weight-workouts"

I like the that article. The guides are easy to understand

over a year ago

"Oh, and what's your diet like?"

I try and eat everything in site. But must be eating the wrong things

over a year ago

"Food is going to be your biggest hurdle. You'll need to be in a calorie excess to put on the weight and size. If you keep eating as you are now then you won't put on any real size. Just be aware that you're probably going to end up sick of food, eating when you're not hungry.

The MyFitnessPal app is useful for calorie tracking and goals. I think it even has a function for "I want to lose/gain x-many kilos per week".

LvM"

I’m going to download it and try it

over a year ago

"Honestly I've been like that for years some people just plato up and down a few pounds, calories is what you need plenty of and eat the right foods and as for exercises in the gym I normally try lift heavier every week especially on chest,back,shoulders and lower my reps when I get near my max weight instead of light weights and loads of reps. "

I’ll take that onboard

over a year ago

Shag swears by coach gregg

over a year ago

"Afternoon all.

Many thanks

https://www.coachmag.co.uk/fitness/workouts/free-weight-workouts

I like the that article. The guides are easy to understand "

I've tried a few over the years, and found that one to be the best, but like I said, I go through periods of just eating junk and not working out. Only works if you follow it lol. As far as diet, having a healthy appetite is good, but good to get an understanding of what you're putting into your body, and what you'll get in return. MyFitnessPal will help with that too, if you look at Macros (Carbs/fat/protein)

over a year ago

First of all, set a goal according to your body type.

I am an ectomorph, and set my goal to look like stallon is unrealistic. Bruce Lee’s body would be more accurate, and easier to reach.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
over a year ago

London

I used to be way too skinny, then I got jacked and then I got sexy. Best results I ever had for gaining muscle mass was from German Volume training. Nothing else came close for me.

People focus on things like biceps and whatever but if you want to look bigger you need everything bigger in proportion.

Deadlifts, barbell squats, bench-press, barbell rows, shrugs and shoulder press are going to give you overall size. Then you add in accessory workouts depending on how you want to shape your body. Slow controlled movements will give you best results.

over a year ago

"First of all, set a goal according to your body type.

I am an ectomorph, and set my goal to look like stallon is unrealistic. Bruce Lee’s body would be more accurate, and easier to reach.

"

im what you call a fattius cuntius

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Food is going to be your biggest hurdle. You'll need to be in a calorie excess to put on the weight and size. If you keep eating as you are now then you won't put on any real size. Just be aware that you're probably going to end up sick of food, eating when you're not hungry.

"

I used to think this too for years I was 85-90Kg and working super hard in the gym but near impossible to gain weight / muscle mass without huge amounts of protein, carbs etc.

Then I switched to progressive resistance training and eating became easy, in fact I literally ate everything in sight and went to 100kg benching 115 in 3 months. I also took creatine but that wasn’t anything new

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

Deadlifts, barbell squats, bench-press, barbell rows, shrugs and shoulder press are going to give you overall size."

I would just add dips and wide arm

Pull-ups.

If I have limited time to train I just do deadlifts, nothing else. The single best exercise there is

over a year ago

"Afternoon all.

Many thanks

"

Consistency mate. When your doing a workout. Train each muscle twice a week. Lift heavy weights. Go past failure on each set. Also. Try eating more meals and again make it consistent.

over a year ago

Drink your calories if your struggling to eat them

over a year ago

Stay away from personal trainers - the best professional bodybuilders all have YouTube channels explaining how to do exercises watch these.

Watch a bodybuilder train back for example before you go to the gym and train back and each time you go you'll pick up little bits. Your money would be absolutely wasted on a personal trainer as they rarely know much about training it's just a job they leave school and do

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

I'm ur weight and ur height and always struggle 2 get bigger and heavier ..u can change ur shape and still be same weight. Eating small meals every few hours is recommended but hard to achieve in real life work wise for me .. I train at home multi gym and few loose weights ..simple exercise like press ups sit ups can be v effective. Good luck in ur progress x

over a year ago

"Stay away from personal trainers - the best professional bodybuilders all have YouTube channels explaining how to do exercises watch these.

Watch a bodybuilder train back for example before you go to the gym and train back and each time you go you'll pick up little bits. Your money would be absolutely wasted on a personal trainer as they rarely know much about training it's just a job they leave school and do "

Well said

over a year ago

All i do is curls shoulder raises and the odd bench press when im arsed and have time cool thing is you dont have to go heavy all the time either if its light just do it slower well thats what works for me

By *eadinthecloudsMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Looking like Christian bale as batman is unattainable while having a job and eating any food you like.

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

"Afternoon all.

Many thanks

"

That's some target, the Hollywood elite have personal trainers and dietitians to help them achieve the look for a film. Most of them let it go inbetween shooting. Don't be too hard on yourself as the reason it will be hard is the actors and TV stars have that as their job to do, mos tof us mere mortals have to think about that sort of thing around work.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

That is a good goal to have, my goal is to maintain peters andres beach body in mysterious girl, diet is everything, the first thing to do is to take about 2 or 4 weeks and to log everything that you are eating to establish where your maintenance calories are and then go from there, have a small surplus of 200 calories or so. I am following a diet called flexible dieting where I can enjoy all the foods but in a controlled way, dieting shouldnt feel like a diet, just make sure to eat plenty of protein, carbs and fat within the calorie range.

I like to use an app called mynetdiary to log everything in, the kind of training that I would suggest is a full body workout 3 times a week and train with time under tension

over a year ago

You need to eat a shit ton of protein

By *oldasfuckMan
over a year ago

Manchester

A decent Weight gainer would help with the cals side, as for work outs look at some of the training rugby players do or get to a decent mma gym that does decent work outs as there good for gaining size consistently

Post new Message to Thread