Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Love and Like

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I caught the Micelle Obama interview on BBC Breakfast this morning.

Asked about being married for 30 years she said the important bit is that they like each other.

We get caught up in the perceived ideal of romantic love, and sometimes fail to sort out getting to like each other. I have loved people, and still do (albeit not actively). When things end it's usually because we don't really like each other.

Family can be the same. I loved/love my parents, but have not always liked them.

Where are you on the love/like issue?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

I agree with you, luckily I like G so he can stay

over a year ago

"I agree with you, luckily I like G so he can stay "

Did you start with like?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I agree with you, luckily I like G so he can stay

Did you start with like?

"

I can't exactly recall the sequence but I know I had immense respect and admiration for him, before we got together. Here we are, nearly 19yrs after our first kiss

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I like some hotpics. Does that count?

By *espacito56Man
over a year ago

Orkney

Quite. My wife and I were together 45 years. Last 19 sexless, arguably loveless, at least in the most romantic sense, but we got along and worked well together.

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

[Removed by poster at 15/11/22 20:54:22]

over a year ago

"I like some hotpics. Does that count? "

Do you love others? Which stand the test of time?

Both words are overused, but they are the words for this topic.

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

Like came first shortly followed equally by love and lust for D..

Almost 40 years worth now

over a year ago

"Quite. My wife and I were together 45 years. Last 19 sexless, arguably loveless, at least in the most romantic sense, but we got along and worked well together."

I think sex is a whole other kettle of fish.

Like got you through the years, but did you miss or want love? What could you have done to get to love?

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

We like each other before getting together and always look after our fiendish the love seems to get stronger with it...

over a year ago

"Like came first shortly followed equally by love and lust for D..

Almost 40 years worth now"

I hope you still like each other, too.

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Hubby and I were friends before we got together (I was actually engaged to his friend )

So we liked each other then and still do after nearly 30 years of marriage

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Ah I saw this as well! It's part of what inspired an earlier thread and some conversations with friends.

So where do I stand? It's quite easy to tell yourself you're in love with someone isn't it? Getting limerence confused for love.

For me love is something that happens the more I like a person. Respect them. Like the way their mind works, their eyes light up when they're talking about passions. I like them. Their flaws. Their daftness. Their inner strengths. I couldn't love someone without liking them. Nor date them.

I sometimes tell someone I like them an awful lot and that's really a precursor to me saying I love them. Because I do like them an awful lot. Or even use oh I really like like you. It sounds so stupid now I've typed it out.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I like some hotpics. Does that count?

Do you love others? Which stand the test of time?

"

You got me- I love some black and white ones.

over a year ago

"We like each other before getting together and always look after our fiendish the love seems to get stronger with it... "

Together they make for a strong foundation and an attractive structure.

over a year ago

"Hubby and I were friends before we got together (I was actually engaged to his friend )

So we liked each other then and still do after nearly 30 years of marriage "

You liked each other a lot.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

In my opinion you like something or someone because it agrees with you, doesn’t rock rock the boat much a bit like the word nice - mediocre in substance but overall better than most things.

Loving someone happens because you have a bond, a connection higher than a common interest, a desire to make that person happy without benefit for yourself. It’s a deeper level entirely for me. If I love someone I’ll do it with all I’ve got.

It’s easy to like someone - somewhat harder at points to love them but I’ve never loved someone I didn’t like to begin with it just grew into something more x

over a year ago

"Ah I saw this as well! It's part of what inspired an earlier thread and some conversations with friends.

So where do I stand? It's quite easy to tell yourself you're in love with someone isn't it? Getting limerence confused for love.

For me love is something that happens the more I like a person. Respect them. Like the way their mind works, their eyes light up when they're talking about passions. I like them. Their flaws. Their daftness. Their inner strengths. I couldn't love someone without liking them. Nor date them.

I sometimes tell someone I like them an awful lot and that's really a precursor to me saying I love them. Because I do like them an awful lot. Or even use oh I really like like you. It sounds so stupid now I've typed it out."

It doesn't sound at all stupid. I didn't see the earlier thread, but will search later.

Also, full points for using limerence. I like you.

Post new Message to Thread