Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bites for the journey

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

No.. no.. this isn't about love bites after sexy meet!

What would be your go to snacks if you were travelling long distance by car and didn't want to stop for lunch?

M. insists on bringing soup in a flask and a homemade couscous salad, which to me both sound like asking for accident to happen!

Help me talk Him out of this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Both sound delicious but not in your lap

The correct answer is nuts, all the nuts.

over a year ago

It's along the motorway, large tray on the lap, what could possibly go wrong? No one ever worried about the champagne spilling on Concorde and that was at Mach 2.

M

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"No.. no.. this isn't about love bites after sexy meet!

What would be your go to snacks if you were travelling long distance by car and didn't want to stop for lunch?

M. insists on bringing soup in a flask and a homemade couscous salad, which to me both sound like asking for accident to happen!

Help me talk Him out of this "

Please tell me they're in the passenger seat!

over a year ago

Please tell me they're in the passenger seat!"

I'm driving whilst T dines in the passenger seat. I can drink the soup in a mug and she can feed me a small mouthful of cous cous periodically with a tray between the seats to catch any bits that might miss the mark. Possible, surely.

over a year ago

I'm driving whilst T dines in the passenger seat. I can drink the soup in a mug and she can feed me a small mouthful of cous cous periodically with a tray between the seats to catch any bits that might miss the mark. Possible, surely. "

It will surely help me to keep you quiet if i can get the pace right all talking space for me

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I'm driving whilst T dines in the passenger seat. I can drink the soup in a mug and she can feed me a small mouthful of cous cous periodically with a tray between the seats to catch any bits that might miss the mark. Possible, surely. "

To be honest anyone that thinks cous cous is something to eat while driving probably shouldn't be driving

over a year ago

"Both sound delicious but not in your lap

The correct answer is nuts, all the nuts. "

I don't mind those! And it fits us in a way. Thank you

over a year ago

I'm driving whilst T dines in the passenger seat. I can drink the soup in a mug and she can feed me a small mouthful of cous cous periodically with a tray between the seats to catch any bits that might miss the mark. Possible, surely.

To be honest anyone that thinks cous cous is something to eat while driving probably shouldn't be driving "

Thanks for your support

over a year ago

I don't want to kink shame but

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I traveled into Europe a couple of weeks ago, made myself a tub of grapes and cubes of cheese and made mini wraps. I prefer to graze when driving

over a year ago

Jesus Christ just pack sandwiches and crisps

over a year ago

"I traveled into Europe a couple of weeks ago, made myself a tub of grapes and cubes of cheese and made mini wraps. I prefer to graze when driving"

Ah we both love cheeses. Could make a variety box. Great idea.

over a year ago

"Jesus Christ just pack sandwiches and crisps "

NO! He won't let me

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Neither of those are safe foods to be eating whilst driving

You need something more like a selection of buffet finger foods and pull over somewhere at a service station to eat it.

Even though its NOT illegal to do either if you get seen and the Police believe you are not paying enough attention you can be given a Penalty for driving without due care and attention so isn't worth it especially if you plan to be using busy roads

Drive safe , takes 20 mins max to eat a lunch and set off again.

over a year ago

Drive to survive

Stop for nosh

over a year ago

Also you have to stop once in a while to let the dog stretch its legs

Or if you don’t have a dog, stop for reasons of misbehaviour

But no soup or cous cous is allowed on the road!

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Soup sounds lovely with crusty bread, but pull over to eat.

over a year ago

I always stop on the way, have a coffee and something to eat and a coffee to go. Don't usually eat during driving but do love a boiled sweet during long distance

over a year ago

Mini pork pies bag crisps water

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

What's in the cous cous?

You can't have the soup without crusty bread.

Is the tray one of those that stand up on unfolded legs?

over a year ago

Aha, after reading the wise advice given, I have a new idea. Small cous cous balls to pop into the mouth and a cold soup such as Gazpacho. What are cup holders in cars for if not to hold a....well, a cup?

M

over a year ago

"It's along the motorway, large tray on the lap, what could possibly go wrong? No one ever worried about the champagne spilling on Concorde and that was at Mach 2.

M"

No potholes in the air

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

"Aha, after reading the wise advice given, I have a new idea. Small cous cous balls to pop into the mouth and a cold soup such as Gazpacho. What are cup holders in cars for if not to hold a....well, a cup?

M"

To hold the cup for when you are paying attention and driving without drinking from it,

over a year ago

"It's along the motorway, large tray on the lap, what could possibly go wrong? No one ever worried about the champagne spilling on Concorde and that was at Mach 2.

M

No potholes in the air"

Hold on, are there pot holes along the M6?

over a year ago

I'm seeing cous cous bits in hard to reach places

By *NL Social SpurschickWoman
over a year ago

Social Zone

Simple stop stop stop and eat, stretch legs and go again. 20 minutes is worth it than what could be the alternative.

If you have to feed on the way simple things that can be just popped in.

Personally (I don’t drive) it would be something like squashies, fruit pieces, sealed cups to drink out of (with straw if needed)

over a year ago

"Aha, after reading the wise advice given, I have a new idea. Small cous cous balls to pop into the mouth and a cold soup such as Gazpacho. What are cup holders in cars for if not to hold a....well, a cup?

M

To hold the cup for when you are paying attention and driving without drinking from it, "

I'll need a long straw to attach to my shirt that I can take sips from then, like those that long distance runners use.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

M

No potholes in the air"

and if you spill your champagne, it wont scald your knackers or cause the pilot to then crash in to a central reservation

over a year ago

Oddly today I had a long drive and took a couscous based lunch. Stuck in a traffic jam I confess I got peckish and started eating so listen to the voice of experience and don't do it ! I'm still shaking the couscous out of my boots.

over a year ago

Years and years ago back in time where there were no laws I remember being equally impressed and horrified that a work colleage could drive a hgv horsebox complete with horses and us lot and eat a big mac without spilling any. I mean they are big chunky things you need two hands for. He must have had good steering knees. Not to be recomended though.

I usually go for those brioche finger buns you can just shove them all in out the way in one or two bites. Cous cous is like eating sand anyway

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

M

No potholes in the air

Hold on, are there pot holes along the M6? "

Get far enough north and its cobbled

over a year ago

Sorry but if he won't let you pack sandwiches all I'll say is if I was a divorce lawyer I'd be on your side

over a year ago

"Sorry but if he won't let you pack sandwiches all I'll say is if I was a divorce lawyer I'd be on your side "

I consider that a final argument in this debate..

T.

Ps. Thanks for some sensible voices up above

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Help me talk Him out of this "

a sandwich either cheese n pickle or cheese n onion or cheese

over a year ago

"Oddly today I had a long drive and took a couscous based lunch. Stuck in a traffic jam I confess I got peckish and started eating so listen to the voice of experience and don't do it ! I'm still shaking the couscous out of my boots. "

Nothing like providing evidence by experience !

over a year ago

"I'm seeing cous cous bits in hard to reach places "

Me too. But maybe he doesn't mind fishing them out

Post new Message to Thread