Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Time wasters, no shows and chancers

Jump to newest

By *JB1954 OP   Man
over a year ago

Reading

No this is not about Fab. But may have some relevance ?

I have put on some apps items for sale. Note not the one beginning with E.

One item is in electronics with some accessories . Second hand. The other is two of the same items with other items in sports / hobbies. These brand new never been used. Given as present, wrong size . Could not return as over legal return time and shop closed down .

For both advertised . Checked prices on apps and then priced . So know reasonable , plus could accept lower price.

Now to title of thread.

Chancers = offers on items which are never going to be accepted by me. Just message back saying not accepted. Although did have one accept price , turn up and then wanted to pay half of what agreed in messages. Reason they had driven long distance to collect. Had big problem asking to leave. Was told wasted their time ?

No shows = Price agreed , time and date arranged to collect . Then nothing . No collection or responding to message asking why .

Time wasters = Price agreed . Then get asked to put in post to them. In advert and option on app says collection only . The other is price agreed and then say will be in contact in day or so to arrange collection. Again never hear from again .

These all have happened in past six weeks.

Is this now the normal for people in any situations.

As I said at start . Has relevance to Fab . IE meets ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It is a right pain isn’t it?

Chances everywhere

over a year ago

"It is a right pain isn’t it?

Chances everywhere "

*Chancers

over a year ago

Happens the other way round too! I've message people asking if something is still available (post still up) they look at it but no reply. People are just weird.

Post new Message to Thread