Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Smart watches

Jump to newest

By *litterbabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm looking at getting another SmartWatch, I've had a Fitbit versa 2 before and that was great, it looks like there are so many brands.

I could get another Fitbit, but I'm looking to see if anybody has any tips or suggestions.

I only really need it to count my steps, tell the time and possibly receive notifications.

It would be great if I could use it to nfc pay but I don't know if that's a feature on many of them.

Thank you

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wish I could help, I’m a bit of a walking advertisement for apple though so I have a series 7 watch, best investment I made tbf only downfall is Siri shouting at me when he thinks I’m speaking to him

over a year ago

"Wish I could help, I’m a bit of a walking advertisement for apple though so I have a series 7 watch, best investment I made tbf only downfall is Siri shouting at me when he thinks I’m speaking to him"

Haha I second this.

I got the 8 earlier this month and I absolutely love it, used to have a Garmin vivoactive and then a FitBit Blaze before that.

Apple Watch is superior in my opinion!

By *inkForLifeCouple
over a year ago

North Shields

I have a Fossil which is a lovely watch but battery lasts about 18 hours.

Does nfc, steps etc, looks like a real watch, but you need to charge it more than you sleep!

It annoys me but I love it...

over a year ago

I have a Samsung galaxy 3 watch, its really good and u can pay with it and even get ur own data on it plus u can get different straps from different occasions.

U have 2 have a Samsung phone though otherwise it wont sync.

Louisea

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

What does a smart watch do that your phone in your pocket doesn't do ?

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I have never had one if these. I shall be watching with internet to see of people's experiences with them

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"What does a smart watch do that your phone in your pocket doesn't do ?"

I suppose if you are counting steps then you'd need your phone on you at all times ... which probably doesn't happen when in the house. A watch on the other hand is always on your person.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"What does a smart watch do that your phone in your pocket doesn't do ?

I suppose if you are counting steps then you'd need your phone on you at all times ... which probably doesn't happen when in the house. A watch on the other hand is always on your person."

I'd say these days everyone has their phone on them all the time .. when did counting steps become important ? Consumers

over a year ago

I suppose if you are counting steps then you'd need your phone on you at all times ... which probably doesn't happen when in the house. A watch on the other hand is always on your person."

Let’s you see how many calories you’ve burnt, your heart rate etc etc, I find myself using my watch more than my phone now.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I suppose if you are counting steps then you'd need your phone on you at all times ... which probably doesn't happen when in the house. A watch on the other hand is always on your person.

I'd say these days everyone has their phone on them all the time .. when did counting steps become important ? Consumers "

Counting is steps is important to some.

If it is ....then surely one puts their phone down at some point.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Let’s you see how many calories you’ve burnt, your heart rate etc etc, I find myself using my watch more than my phone now. "

I can see that it being of value for this.

over a year ago

Depends on what kind off phone you have

If it’s a iPhone then can’t go wrong with a Apple Watch

By *ubeeStarrXoXTV/TS
over a year ago

Leeds

"I'm looking at getting another SmartWatch, I've had a Fitbit versa 2 before and that was great, it looks like there are so many brands.

I could get another Fitbit, but I'm looking to see if anybody has any tips or suggestions.

I only really need it to count my steps, tell the time and possibly receive notifications.

It would be great if I could use it to nfc pay but I don't know if that's a feature on many of them.

Thank you"

I’ve just got the Fitbit versa 4 and I love it

over a year ago

Depends on what sensor are in the watch a lot

Hart rate monitor

Sleep monitors

Body temperature monitor

Emergency help atuo call if vital signs start dropping

Fall detection sensors with emergency atuo call

Car crash detection sensor though g foce mersment and atuo emergency call

over a year ago

I have a Samsung smart watch and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread

It counts steps, measures my sleep and I get notifications on it

And I can control Spotify which is really handing when I go running/gym and don't want to keep getting my phone out

over a year ago

alot!

But that's not the discussion is it?

The OP was asking for recommendations not whether people thought they were pointless or not

over a year ago

I recently had an awful meet and excused myself to go to the toilet and was able to text my friend from my watch to ask her to call me and say it was an emergency

Wouldn't of been able to do that with just my phone

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"I recently had an awful meet and excused myself to go to the toilet and was able to text my friend from my watch to ask her to call me and say it was an emergency

Wouldn't of been able to do that with just my phone "

You could of just messaged her from your phone without going to the toilet ?

over a year ago

"I recently had an awful meet and excused myself to go to the toilet and was able to text my friend from my watch to ask her to call me and say it was an emergency

You could of just messaged her from your phone without going to the toilet ?"

In front of him?

Cause that wouldn't of looked suspicious at all would it?

over a year ago

I'd say these days everyone has their phone on them all the time .. when did counting steps become important ? Consumers "

It’s not just for counting steps.

It shows how many calories burned, active minutes, how many times you stand up in 12 hours, your heart rate, period tracker which checks wrist temperature, you can track your work outs, start, pause and finish them and see exactly how many calories you’ve burned and your heart rate throughout the workout, same with swimming.

If you have GPS and cellular it can be used to send texts, answer calls etc and be used to track your pace, route& distance etc.

Sometimes I leave my phone in the locker at the gym and use my AirPods and Apple Watch, which is great.

over a year ago

In front of him?

Cause that wouldn't of looked suspicious at all would it?"

Who’d have funked a forum post asking about smart watches would cause so much tension!

over a year ago

In front of him?

Cause that wouldn't of looked suspicious at all would it?

Who’d have funked a forum post asking about smart watches would cause so much tension! "

It was a thread about recommendations but you can always guarantee there will be at least one person who will try and derail the conversation

over a year ago

I'd say these days everyone has their phone on them all the time .. when did counting steps become important ? Consumers

It shows how many calories burned, active minutes, how many times you stand up in 12 hours, your heart rate, period tracker which checks wrist temperature, you can track your work outs, start, pause and finish them and see exactly how many calories you’ve burned and your heart rate throughout the workout, same with swimming.

If you have GPS and cellular it can be used to send texts, answer calls etc and be used to track your pace, route& distance etc.

Sometimes I leave my phone in the locker at the gym and use my AirPods and Apple Watch, which is great. "

Oh yes the period tracker!!!

An absolute god send

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Sometimes I leave my phone in the locker at the gym and use my AirPods and Apple Watch, which is great. "

I'm literally only asking as a genuine question not to be rude .. thanks for the reply .. I still don't see what the watch can do that the phone doesn't .. when people work out etc they strap it to their arm or leg or pocket.. cheers anyway

over a year ago

Sometimes I leave my phone in the locker at the gym and use my AirPods and Apple Watch, which is great.

I'm literally only asking as a genuine question not to be rude .. thanks for the reply .. I still don't see what the watch can do that the phone doesn't .. when people work out etc they strap it to their arm or leg or pocket.. cheers anyway "

Some people strap it to their leg or their arm, sure. Most don’t do that when they go swimming though do they.

I personally don’t and never have, I like the idea of leaving my phone in my locker and still being able to receive messages when I’m working out.

over a year ago

I'm literally only asking as a genuine question not to be rude .. thanks for the reply .. I still don't see what the watch can do that the phone doesn't .. when people work out etc they strap it to their arm or leg or pocket.. cheers anyway

Some people strap it to their leg or their arm, sure. Most don’t do that when they go swimming though do they.

I personally don’t and never have, I like the idea of leaving my phone in my locker and still being able to receive messages when I’m working out.

"

When you’re working in a kitchen as well like I do the last thing you can do is pull your phone out to respond to messages etc, the fact I can reply with voice to my watch is wonderful, means I don’t have to interrupt what I’m doing.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"

Pointless me having one then I don't need to know how many steps I take ..

By *empest2KMan
over a year ago

Derby

There can be a bit of a difference between a smartwatch and a fitness tracker, to be fair, so make sure you check the product specifications.

I'm a never-Apple user, so the Apple Watch is out of the question for me in both compatibility and pricing. That doesn't mean there aren't good options available, thankfully, and the competition can be fierce!

I have a TicWatch Pro 3 by Mobvoi which is a decent smartwatch, but it is a bit masculine in its styling. However, I do recommend the Amazfit GTR/GTS/Bip series of fitness trackers as they look relatively stylish without breaking the bank, and you get a good balance of technology and features for your money. My stepdaughter has an Amazfit Bip U and she loves it - and it only cost about £40 at the time. Cheap doesn't always mean crap, and vice versa.

If in doubt, check a few product reviews from independent media outlets

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I don't wear a watch....... Technology......

Post new Message to Thread