Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Driving…need Toilet…. What do you do

Jump to newest

By *ensualPleasure96 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dunstable

So I had a situation….

Driving to work as you do, now I hear the belly rumble and feel movement and scared it could get the point of not return.

I was genuinely thinking about pulling up in a lay-by but it felt BAD like sickness type.

Now my question has anyone ever got that close you are scared for your life

True story

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As a severe IBS sufferer I can unfortunately yes I have.

over a year ago

I haven't thankfully but I do a lot of camping.

Your best options are either a hole or a bag. For a hole you need a shovel and you probably won't wanna dig in an emergency.

So your best option is a bag.

You can buy portable toilet bags.

over a year ago

Dunstable

I genuinely feared for the worst I must admit - what do you do in them situation … it’s by a first for me - PM if you want.

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

I think we've all been there, although mine was needing a wee. Luckily i had finished my grande americano and I managed to fill it without spilling in the car. Luckily I managed to get there in time to see the birth of my daughter

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

"As a severe IBS sufferer I can unfortunately yes I have. "

I feel your pain, IBS can be hard to live with.

over a year ago

As a truck driver yes this can be a difficult situation

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"As a severe IBS sufferer I can unfortunately yes I have. "

Diverticular disease suffer here too, we are allowed to used the disabled toilets as well, as having a private sink nearby is really useful, for any clean ups.

So is having some AD tablets on standby. Learn to recognise your body's signals is an essential skill.

RADAR keys are available on line.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"So I had a situation….

Driving to work as you do, now I hear the belly rumble and feel movement and scared it could get the point of not return.

I was genuinely thinking about pulling up in a lay-by but it felt BAD like sickness type.

True story "

Is this a one off or a regular event?

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

After my covid booster.

5 days later. Day off at a retail park.

The rumble. The drop. I was clenched in m & s.

Paid, shuffled to car.

Luckily had leggings on and a long top.

Couldnt stop the molten lava.

Sat on a plastic bag x 2.

Drove home at warp speed.

Another wave as I got to my stairs.

Waited. Ran.

Made it to bathroom.

Avalanche is an understatement.

over a year ago

Dunstable

First time experiencing this wasn’t the greatest feeling I must say I did survive just about I just didn’t want to call and tell my manager why I was driving home lol

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I haven't thankfully but I do a lot of camping.

Your best options are either a hole or a bag. For a hole you need a shovel and you probably won't wanna dig in an emergency.

So your best option is a bag.

You can buy portable toilet bags."

Wet wipes and soap leaves are amazing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Keep spare emergency clothing with you.

When it's a real crisis, make anything the solution. Detour, dig with hands or anything spare in the car.

Other clothes can be used to protect your modesty.

Life brings occasional crises, so we should relax about them when they happen. And take time out, to regain our wellbeing.

over a year ago

Dunstable

"After my covid booster.

Paid, shuffled to car.

Waited. Ran.

Made it to bathroom.

Avalanche is an understatement. "

Exactly the same !!! I managed to just about hold it 30 more seconds na no chance

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"After my covid booster.

Paid, shuffled to car.

Waited. Ran.

Made it to bathroom.

Avalanche is an understatement. "

Puppy pads are a car seat life saver, I've had the colonoscopy and felt their benefit on the hospital ward.

Spare undies in the glove box is a good idea, or rolled up tightly in a jiffy bag, if you want to be subtle.

over a year ago

Dunstable

"Keep spare emergency clothing with you.

When it's a real crisis, make anything the solution. Detour, dig with hands or anything spare in the car.

Other clothes can be used to protect your modesty.

Life brings occasional crises, so we should relax about them when they happen. And take time out, to regain our wellbeing.

"

Literally first time was shocked haha anyway thought I’d share this beautiful thought with everyone 1. Because I can laugh about it now 2. Why not lol 3. At the time I was genuinely scared haha and thought I was a weirdo lol

over a year ago

I had to pee in a bottle once. I was suddenly desperate, but spotted a bottle in the footwell of the passenger side.

I thought "..how hard can it be.."

-Very hard. That's the answer. I managed somehow to fill the bottle whist keeping a hand on the wheel -and at the same time not spilling a drop.

Yet can you believe, he failed me for that..

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"After my covid booster.

Paid, shuffled to car.

Waited. Ran.

Made it to bathroom.

Exactly the same !!! I managed to just about hold it 30 more seconds na no chance "

Its unreal...

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"After my covid booster.

Paid, shuffled to car.

Waited. Ran.

Made it to bathroom.

Puppy pads are a car seat life saver, I've had the colonoscopy and felt their benefit on the hospital ward.

Spare undies in the glove box is a good idea, or rolled up tightly in a jiffy bag, if you want to be subtle."

It was down to the jab so im pretty confident it was a one off

over a year ago

"I had to pee in a bottle once. I was suddenly desperate, but spotted a bottle in the footwell of the passenger side.

-Very hard. That's the answer. I managed somehow to fill the bottle whist keeping a hand on the wheel -and at the same time not spilling a drop.

Yet can you believe, he failed me for that.."

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Not driving as I no longer drive but Saturday after stupidly eating a fatty breakfast I had to do a brisk walk to the toilet, as it went straight through me.

On a bus once, after eating Nandos I was closing to jumping off and going behind a bush.

I was in agony and sweating profusely, but I managed to wait until I got to a stop near a supermarket.

It's starting to dictate my life and it's pissing me off.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

I always carry in the car.

2 litres of water in a bottle for a drink or bucket.

a bucket toilet seat

and some wipes

building sites arnt the best of subjects when you need to go.

By *rLothbrokMan
over a year ago

Lancs

I am acquainted with such feelings and have found myself in this position on occasion, as a result of Crohn’s. I can confirm it is often quite shit… pardon the pun.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I've been ok driving, but a couple of hours after having just a plain flat white from Starbucks (nowhere else as the garage I was at didn't have a brew machine), I got home, sharp pain in the Gulliver, churning noise and a sense of foreboding. Got on the throne and it came out like a flock of sparrows. Over the last few years the things that can set me off have been McDonalds, KFC, steak and kidney pie, Southern Comfort and chocolate! King Prawn Phaal? No problem!

By *ralwizardMan
over a year ago

Thornaby

Always good to have 1 or 2 empty bottles of Oasis in the car if going on a long journey.... The wider rim is much easier to use whilst stil driving

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

I have ibs I know the feeling well

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

About 7 years ago whilst on holiday in Morocco I contracted a very severe case of salmonella.

I am not going to get into too much detail.

However the chemist near our hotel gave me some tablets to enable us to fly back without causing an international incident on the plane.

Well honestly considering how bad I was.

1 tablet enabled me to get to the airport, wait for flight,5hr flight and two hours journey home.

I swear if you took 3 these tablets you'd never shit again in your life!

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I just pull up wherever and have a pee..... Its gotta be done

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

I once got stuck in a 2hr motorway hold up- having already driven almost 3 hours but thinking I’d be home in good time before I encountered the crash related traffic jam.

Had the same ever increasing stomach grumbling as the Op but couldn’t risk abandoning the van in the middle of the motorway to use the bushes and couldn’t move to the hard shoulder as everyone was stationary and boxed in. So just had to engage the clench and hope method.

Eventually started moving but realised I had wasn’t going to make it home it time. Luckily, I knew there was a khazi at a shopping centre not far away as there were no services between me and home.

It was all going to plan until the speed bumps on the entrance to the carpark, when I got caught out by an Unrequested fart that was more than gas

Had to ditch the the undies in gents and finish my journey commando, in a slight state of shock

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

Many years ago driving the coast road from San Francisco to LA desperately looking for a petrol station to use the toilet and couldn’t find one. Last corner ready to crap in a bush came across a workman’s toilet at the side of the road and only just made it.

By *eviants In DefianceCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

Whilst driving long distances and busting for a wee Psyche often talks about water features and runs the tap in the background.

over a year ago

Dunstable

"Many years ago driving the coast road from San Francisco to LA desperately looking for a petrol station to use the toilet and couldn’t find one. Last corner ready to crap in a bush came across a workman’s toilet at the side of the road and only just made it. "

This was so me yesterday I don’t recommend anyone to be in this situation haha

over a year ago

Dunstable

"I once got stuck in a 2hr motorway hold up- having already driven almost 3 hours but thinking I’d be home in good time before I encountered the crash related traffic jam.

Had the same ever increasing stomach grumbling as the Op but couldn’t risk abandoning the van in the middle of the motorway to use the bushes and couldn’t move to the hard shoulder as everyone was stationary and boxed in. So just had to engage the clench and hope method.

Eventually started moving but realised I had wasn’t going to make it home it time. Luckily, I knew there was a khazi at a shopping centre not far away as there were no services between me and home.

It was all going to plan until the speed bumps on the entrance to the carpark, when I got caught out by an Unrequested fart that was more than gas

Had to ditch the the undies in gents and finish my journey commando, in a slight state of shock "

I really feel for you - I know the feeling I hit a bump in the road and the Clench tightened in fear !

over a year ago

Dunstable

"So I had a situation….

True story

Is this a one off or a regular event?"

I’ve had loads of Trouble before but not as bad as this close shave

over a year ago

I was walking around Manchester Airport one fine day and just following the paths near the peri fence between the 2 runways- public area obviously.

Literally out of nowhere the clenching started and realised it was going to happen. I found a bush but it wasn’t total cover so was open on one side and discovered my belt buckle had turned into a rubick’s cube!

Just had to make sure that in one motion I didn’t get friendly fire on my shorts and had to use leaves to sort it out.

Never had such an unexpected arrival as that!

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I had to pee in a bottle once. I was suddenly desperate, but spotted a bottle in the footwell of the passenger side.

Yet can you believe, he failed me for that..

"

That's not how you get given your P-plates.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Not driving as I no longer drive but Saturday after stupidly eating a fatty breakfast I had to do a brisk walk to the toilet, as it went straight through me.

On a bus once, after eating Nandos I was closing to jumping off and going behind a bush.

I was in agony and sweating profusely, but I managed to wait until I got to a stop near a supermarket.

It's starting to dictate my life and it's pissing me off.

"

Check your diet and get a GP appointment. I have and I have to avoid oats like the plague, plus my colon has dents in it.

Post new Message to Thread