Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Boos for NHS

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports from Aberdeen which translates into English as the mouth of the River Deen has seen news of slow handclapping and boos directed at A&E staff because of long delays. What's going on here guys?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Ungrateful people with too high a sense of entitlement and a lack of patience?

A

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Last time I went to A&E I waited 15 hours and then they admitted me for a month. People don't realise the procedure they have to go through with each patient. Blood tests, xrays consultantations with doctors it all takes time

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Ungrateful people with too high a sense of entitlement and a lack of patience?

A"

Plenty of patients. That seems to be the issue

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Unfortunately people can be fickle and forget quickly what the nurses, the NHS did for them not long ago...

Also, as somebody already said, most people have no idea of what the assessment, prioritisation and treatment of patients implies.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Weird I’m just south of Aberdeen and haven’t seen nor heard any of this.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Loads, and I mean loads of people rock up with no actual accident or emergency ever having taken place. They go for really silly reasons and they cause holdups. Time general public looked to themselves and their part in the waiting times.

over a year ago

It's all the idiots going to A&E when they don't really need too. I think fines should be introduced if you go to A&E without an A&E problem when you could have gone to GP. I think everyone should have health insurance and get like the German system. I had an infected lymph node on my neck and I walked in the door and within the hour I was walking back out all sorted. Walked in, scanned card, Dr had a look and said well do it now. Cut cut squeeze squeeze wrapped it up off you go.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"It's all the idiots going to A&E when they don't really need too. I think fines should be introduced if you go to A&E without an A&E problem when you could have gone to GP. I think everyone should have health insurance and get like the German system. I had an infected lymph node on my neck and I walked in the door and within the hour I was walking back out all sorted. Walked in, scanned card, Dr had a look and said well do it now. Cut cut squeeze squeeze wrapped it up off you go. "

The German health care is amazing, for sure. But you do realise that Germans pay a LOT more for the service than we do in the UK?

over a year ago

"Weird I’m just south of Aberdeen and haven’t seen nor heard any of this. "

Same, I haven’t heard anything either.

Is there a link to a source?

Also Aberdeen doesn’t have a River Deen.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

The tories have run down the NHS and have introduced a lot of privatisation. It's no wonder people aren't getting seen quickly.

It seems to be a bit oversold. The news article states:

Dr Hartman said: “We’ve had incidents where we’ve had a sort of slow clap or booing in the waiting room when our staff go out and are genuinely trying to share the situation that we are under, that there is an extreme waiting time.

over a year ago

"It's all the idiots going to A&E when they don't really need too. I think fines should be introduced if you go to A&E without an A&E problem when you could have gone to GP. I think everyone should have health insurance and get like the German system. I had an infected lymph node on my neck and I walked in the door and within the hour I was walking back out all sorted. Walked in, scanned card, Dr had a look and said well do it now. Cut cut squeeze squeeze wrapped it up off you go.

The German health care is amazing, for sure. But you do realise that Germans pay a LOT more for the service than we do in the UK?"

Yeah well you get what you pay for. But if people didn't waste the hospitals time with a cut finger or a cough then the costs would come down. The NHS wasted 2bn a year on unessaccery xrays, drugs etc... £2.000.000.000. That's just crazy. So that needs sorting. I think fines are a good idea though. It'll make people think twice.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Reports from Aberdeen which translates into English as the mouth of the River Deen has seen news of slow handclapping and boos directed at A&E staff because of long delays. What's going on here guys?"
queues nobody likes a queue

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"It's all the idiots going to A&E when they don't really need too. I think fines should be introduced if you go to A&E without an A&E problem when you could have gone to GP. I think everyone should have health insurance and get like the German system. I had an infected lymph node on my neck and I walked in the door and within the hour I was walking back out all sorted. Walked in, scanned card, Dr had a look and said well do it now. Cut cut squeeze squeeze wrapped it up off you go.

The German health care is amazing, for sure. But you do realise that Germans pay a LOT more for the service than we do in the UK?

Yeah well you get what you pay for. But if people didn't waste the hospitals time with a cut finger or a cough then the costs would come down. The NHS wasted 2bn a year on unessaccery xrays, drugs etc... £2.000.000.000. That's just crazy. So that needs sorting. I think fines are a good idea though. It'll make people think twice. "

I agree with you on this one completely.

over a year ago

"Weird I’m just south of Aberdeen and haven’t seen nor heard any of this.

Also Aberdeen doesn’t have a River Deen."

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/5036038/extreme-pressure-at-aberdeen-hospital-leaves-patients-booing-and-medics-demoralised/

over a year ago

It's always been the same though. You expect to wait. I waited 8hrs once and ended staying for 8 weeks. I had abscess' on my lungs and pneumonia. I would have been dead in weeks if I didn't go.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"It's always been the same though. You expect to wait. I waited 8hrs once and ended staying for 8 weeks. I had abscess' on my lungs and pneumonia. I would have been dead in weeks if I didn't go. "
see well worth investing 8 hours of the life you wouldn't have had

over a year ago

Imagine booing the staff that later you will be looking in the eye, whilst getting treated for that splinter in your finger or piece of lego up your bum and expecting them to do it gently and carefully (as they would) I would make them all sit on the pavement in the rain and see if it was still urgent and they had the energy to boo . This is why I am not a nurse.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Unless I was genuinely unwell there's no way I'd want to queue some just see it as a day out

over a year ago

People expect gold standard facilities and have too high expectations. If they have to wait a week to see their gp... They go to A&E

The clue is in the name. If there were a charge for non emergency presentations it may change but folk don't appreciate it because they think national insurance payments give them the right to have what they want, when they want. There's no responsibility taken by them. Don't start me on the abusive patients.

By *imjohnCouple
over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

Colchester Essex is no better, I went to A&E 3 times over a 5 week period getting sent home each time without being examined properly.

It was only after my doctor told them they had a duty of care and that I his patient had had a broken leg and smashed meniscus they jumped, for 5 weeks I was in serious pain and when they realised their negligence they arranged an emergency operation in case I sued them.

Service is worse than sub standard at the moment and with most of the good doctors/nurses having been sent home through Brexit the system is fucked.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

NHS is rubbish but its PMs and the way it runs not the people at the coalface so to speak how have little to no power to charge it they should be in Edinburghat at the Scottish Parliament building..

over a year ago

"It's always been the same though. You expect to wait. I waited 8hrs once and ended staying for 8 weeks. I had abscess' on my lungs and pneumonia. I would have been dead in weeks if I didn't go. see well worth investing 8 hours of the life you wouldn't have had "

Yeah definitely, it didn't feel like 8hrs as I was so ill. They took my temperature and said you ain't going nowhere! Gracias

By *Jones19Man
over a year ago

Evesham, Worcester, Pershore

Just had surgery on the NHS. Yes the wait was long, 3 1/2 years, but they got the job done. Nurses were great while I was on the ward, and have all my post op appointments in. Can't fault them.

We are lucky to have "free" health care in this country. Yes, at times it's frustrating, but what's cost me hardly anything in traveling and over the counter painkillers could have been North of 6K for private care.

over a year ago

Hope it's aimed at my daughter's boyfriend, he's an NHS knob and deserves booing

over a year ago

I will raise a glass.

Booze for the NHS? My support is gladly given.

over a year ago

"Imagine booing the staff that later you will be looking in the eye, whilst getting treated for that splinter in your finger or piece of lego up your bum and expecting them to do it gently and carefully (as they would) I would make them all sit on the pavement in the rain and see if it was still urgent and they had the energy to boo . This is why I am not a nurse. "

Exactly! Maybe there should be some sort of booking system online? I remember doing my back in and I was paralyzed for 9hrs I couldn't even get to my phone. I managed to get to it and called ambulance I still had to wait in the waiting room for 3hrs. Didn't complain though. Fines for people who don't need to be there!

By *ikeyneCouple
over a year ago

newcastle

If I had a piece of Lego up my bum, I’d be bricking it….

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Yeah well you get what you pay for. But if people didn't waste the hospitals time with a cut finger or a cough then the costs would come down. The NHS wasted 2bn a year on unessaccery xrays, drugs etc... £2.000.000.000. That's just crazy. So that needs sorting. I think fines are a good idea though. It'll make people think twice. "

What if the cut is infected and or the cough turns out to be double pneumonia..?

I get what your trying to say and it was evident at the height of covid that a lot of people stayed away who might normally have rocked up with whatever but on top of what might seen by some as flippantly using a service there is the undeniable fact that mental health services are badly resourced so the A&E will be the only option for people with those issues..

If any government cuts essential public services across the board as this current one has this last twelve years then there's going to be further pressure on them, without the hit that covid has caused..

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

A and E are full of unnecessary patients who could easily go to a GPS or a walk in centre. Some only need advice over the phone. Unfortunately some just need to go straight home after a night out and sleep it off. I've found that the most abusive ones are often those who shouldn't be there in the first place.

over a year ago

"A and E are full of unnecessary patients who could easily go to a GPS"

Except they can't and I imagine this is a large part of the problem.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/5036038/extreme-pressure-at-aberdeen-hospital-leaves-patients-booing-and-medics-demoralised/"

Bloody P&J, those buggers almost cost me my driving license before I had it with their bullshit reporting

Had me down as the driver of a car that crashed and the police stupidly took it seriously and came back to see me no officer I was a passenger!

Shite that the locals deem it necessary to boo the staff though, the NHS is short handed all round and as most say on here half the folk that go don’t even need to be there

over a year ago

Yeah well you get what you pay for. But if people didn't waste the hospitals time with a cut finger or a cough then the costs would come down. The NHS wasted 2bn a year on unessaccery xrays, drugs etc... £2.000.000.000. That's just crazy. So that needs sorting. I think fines are a good idea though. It'll make people think twice.

What if the cut is infected and or the cough turns out to be double pneumonia..?

I get what your trying to say and it was evident at the height of covid that a lot of people stayed away who might normally have rocked up with whatever but on top of what might seen by some as flippantly using a service there is the undeniable fact that mental health services are badly resourced so the A&E will be the only option for people with those issues..

If any government cuts essential public services across the board as this current one has this last twelve years then there's going to be further pressure on them, without the hit that covid has caused.."

A cut finger can wait for the GP and if you have a cough I meant. Trust me you'll know when you have more than a cough (pneumonia). I think the way forward is health insurance.

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

I went to a and e 3 times in quick succession with the same thing 2 years ago (right in the bloody middle of things), ending up being admitted and told I needed an emergency operation- which I'm still waiting for.

A friend of mine was supposed to be having an exploratory op last Monday as its thought cancer has returned - they cancelled it on Monday morning by text and she can't get in touch with her consultant or patients advice and is going out of her mind with worry. So, while I am grateful that we have the NHS - I'm also certain that the powers that be continue to fail it and us by enlarge

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

If any government cuts essential public services across the board as this current one has this last twelve years then there's going to be further pressure on them, without the hit that covid has caused..

A cut finger can wait for the GP and if you have a cough I meant. Trust me you'll know when you have more than a cough (pneumonia). I think the way forward is health insurance. "

What's a GP?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

When I had a perforated bowl I don't have any recollection of going to the hospital and I spent three days in it. I came round on the forth day

I'm assuming they saw me straight away as I had had my operation before I came round. I know I could of died

over a year ago

in Lancashire

A cut finger can wait for the GP and if you have a cough I meant. Trust me you'll know when you have more than a cough (pneumonia). I think the way forward is health insurance. "

I know what the latter is ta, as for the former personally I would sort it myself and ask the boss whose a nurse for advice..

Appointments at GP surgeries are days in some areas, even longer in others so people will go to A&E..

As for insurance that's a bit naive if I'm honest, the vast majority won't be able to afford it and all it will lead to is excess profit being made and a worse service in general for the majority in society..

over a year ago

Insurance is a great idea.

We could call it something like... National Insurance...

over a year ago

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/5036038/extreme-pressure-at-aberdeen-hospital-leaves-patients-booing-and-medics-demoralised/"

That doesn't really say anything though other than staff have reported being booed at it doesn't give any context or examples as proof.

over a year ago

A lot of the NHS is excellent but far too much is very poor for the huge sums spent on it. Many other countries have better health outcomes for similar expense or less. Don't agree with giving staff grief but I do feel the public patience with poor service is running out.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

A cut finger can wait for the GP and if you have a cough I meant. Trust me you'll know when you have more than a cough (pneumonia). I think the way forward is health insurance.

I know what the latter is ta, as for the former personally I would sort it myself and ask the boss whose a nurse for advice..

Appointments at GP surgeries are days in some areas, even longer in others so people will go to A&E..

As for insurance that's a bit naive if I'm honest, the vast majority won't be able to afford it and all it will lead to is excess profit being made and a worse service in general for the majority in society..

"

In Germany, the contributions are taken off the income at source. Yes, there is a great system in place (although post pandemic even German people are complaining it is not what it used to be) but social security and tax deductions from pay are around 35 % in Germany.

over a year ago

"A and E are full of unnecessary patients who could easily go to a GPS or a walk in centre. Some only need advice over the phone. Unfortunately some just need to go straight home after a night out and sleep it off. I've found that the most abusive ones are often those who shouldn't be there in the first place."

OK firstly in some places getting the doctor's appointment is practically impossible, Secondly something that can turn out to be nothing still has very worrying symptoms and as most members the public are not medically trained they wouldn't know it was nothing until they'd seen a doctor. Thirdly lots of walking centres have now actually closed or are only opened for limited hours. 4th have you tried phoning 111 recently? I called a month ago at 7 PM in the evening I was told a medical professional would call me back within 2 hours. At midnight I still hadn't heard anything and the problem for the patient was still the same so I called back. I was told to call an ambulance if I didn't want to wait, I explained we didn't need an ambulance however because of the specific health condition of the person we need some advice. Again I was told somebody would call back within 2 hours or I could just call an ambulance or take them to A&E. The situation was serious but I didn't feel it was critical. At 7:30 AM somebody called back to say they were really sorry they had been busy and a doctor would call within 4 hours. I said that was pointless As the gp would be open in 30 minutes and I would try there. We did manage to speak to our normal gp who advised on the situition and it was exceptionally helpful and no further action was needed. My point is 111 is practically pointless and I have never phoned them yet where I haven't been told to phone an ambulance or go to A&E when this advice has been taken I have been told I just needed to see a doctor and could have seen an out of hours one if 111 had sent one.

over a year ago

Last time I went to A&E most of the people there where not Emergancy cases young girls who thought they were having a hart attack after going on a running machine and had been sitting there all day and old people who should have just been at the doctors getting attention for nothing the service is wasted just like the doctors people there with a common cold usually people who don’t work because I wouldn’t have time to go to either of these places unless it was emergency and that’s the problem people wasting resource

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Wasting resources is certainly one thing that could be addressed, I agree and I cannot fathom why anybody would not turn up for an appointment unless there was an emergency.

But preventing waste is just one side of the coin just like trying to save energy these days.

Investment in the NHS, proper management of resources etc are the other part that needs looking at.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

In Germany, the contributions are taken off the income at source. Yes, there is a great system in place (although post pandemic even German people are complaining it is not what it used to be) but social security and tax deductions from pay are around 35 % in Germany."

Has some experience of it albeit many years ago, it was as I recall excellent but I think the sting for a lot of people here is that they want the standard of care that our French and German neighbours have but are reluctant to pay the same..

Ditto a justice service like Norway which costs but delivers much lower numbers of re offending..

I'm probably being cynical but it seems to be that running the NHS into the ground is some sort of ploy so that the saviours will be the free market..

over a year ago

"Last time I went to A&E most of the people there where not Emergancy cases young girls who thought they were having a hart attack after going on a running machine and had been sitting there all day and old people who should have just been at the doctors getting attention for nothing the service is wasted just like the doctors people there with a common cold usually people who don’t work because I wouldn’t have time to go to either of these places unless it was emergency and that’s the problem people wasting resource "

Do ask each individual person why they were there? Did you ask each person whether they had been told by a medical professional to go to A&E? Just because somebody looks OK to you doesn't mean they don't need emergency treatment.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

In Germany, the contributions are taken off the income at source. Yes, there is a great system in place (although post pandemic even German people are complaining it is not what it used to be) but social security and tax deductions from pay are around 35 % in Germany.

Has some experience of it albeit many years ago, it was as I recall excellent but I think the sting for a lot of people here is that they want the standard of care that our French and German neighbours have but are reluctant to pay the same..

Ditto a justice service like Norway which costs but delivers much lower numbers of re offending..

I'm probably being cynical but it seems to be that running the NHS into the ground is some sort of ploy so that the saviours will be the free market.."

I agree with you 100% and I do not think you need to be cynical to see what has been happening in the last 12 years with many politicians look westwards at the US system....

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Last time I went to A&E most of the people there where not Emergancy cases young girls who thought they were having a hart attack after going on a running machine and had been sitting there all day and old people who should have just been at the doctors getting attention for nothing the service is wasted just like the doctors people there with a common cold usually people who don’t work because I wouldn’t have time to go to either of these places unless it was emergency and that’s the problem people wasting resource "
how did you come to this assumption? Did you ask them all their symptoms? They have as much rite to use the NHS as you even them that don’t work have as much rites as you to use the NHS

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
over a year ago

Newquay

"Reports from Aberdeen which translates into English as the mouth of the River Deen has seen news of slow handclapping and boos directed at A&E staff because of long delays. What's going on here guys?"

Let guess - it's all over the boos!

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

"The tories have run down the NHS and have introduced a lot of privatisation. It's no wonder people aren't getting seen quickly.

It seems to be a bit oversold. The news article states:

Dr Hartman said: “We’ve had incidents where we’ve had a sort of slow clap or booing in the waiting room when our staff go out and are genuinely trying to share the situation that we are under, that there is an extreme waiting time."

Isn't NHS Scotland run by the Scottish government? I.e. the SNP.

over a year ago

People can't get to see their GP, so they go to A&E. Been happening for years..

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

People have short memories , they clapped for healthcare staff a couple of years ago and now are turning on them.

I appreciate it's difficult having to wait for long periods of time to be seen etc, but it's not a great deal of fun being a healthcare worker at the min either tbh.

By *eviants In DefianceCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

It's not helped by the fact that most walk ins and minor injuries units have been closed down. We had one in our local hospital, it's been shut so now our option for more immediate care is A&E.

Pxx

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

The NHS is overwhelmed with Patients and Bureaucrats. Our tax can’t cover the NHS, overly generous state pensions as well as the number of people claiming benefits and other social initiatives. People living in LaLa Land thinking we can tax the rich to cover all the bills… simply not true. The rich provide a slice but it needs the rest of us to be taxed too and while I don’t mind it going to frontline NHS staff and education, it irks me to see the those receiving benefits and talking about it as though it is earnings as apposed to what it is, a gift from you and I. Sorry, rant over.

Too little butter spread too thinly over too much bread

over a year ago

"It's not helped by the fact that most walk ins and minor injuries units have been closed down. We had one in our local hospital, it's been shut so now our option for more immediate care is A&E.

Pxx"

This. We live in London and all the walk in centres have either closed or close at 8pm. There are what are called urgent care centres but they are all based at A&E units and used to be called minors.

over a year ago

"The NHS is overwhelmed with Patients and Bureaucrats. Our tax can’t cover the NHS, overly generous state pensions as well as the number of people claiming benefits and other social initiatives. People living in LaLa Land thinking we can tax the rich to cover all the bills… simply not true. The rich provide a slice but it needs the rest of us to be taxed too and while I don’t mind it going to frontline NHS staff and education, it irks me to see the those receiving benefits and talking about it as though it is earnings as apposed to what it is, a gift from you and I. Sorry, rant over.

"

Absolute rubbish that the nhs doesn't receive enough money it is just not spent correctly and there is a ridiculous amount of wastage.

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

"The NHS is overwhelmed with Patients and Bureaucrats. Our tax can’t cover the NHS, overly generous state pensions as well as the number of people claiming benefits and other social initiatives. People living in LaLa Land thinking we can tax the rich to cover all the bills… simply not true. The rich provide a slice but it needs the rest of us to be taxed too and while I don’t mind it going to frontline NHS staff and education, it irks me to see the those receiving benefits and talking about it as though it is earnings as apposed to what it is, a gift from you and I. Sorry, rant over.

Absolute rubbish that the nhs doesn't receive enough money it is just not spent correctly and there is a ridiculous amount of wastage. "

That was what I was referring to with the bureaucrats but there is the dynamic of funding not matching more expensive treatment modalities and therapies and NICE doing a shit job of downplaying their effectiveness in order to not have to pay for them.

over a year ago

Maidstone

"It's not helped by the fact that most walk ins and minor injuries units have been closed down. We had one in our local hospital, it's been shut so now our option for more immediate care is A&E.

Pxx

This. We live in London and all the walk in centres have either closed or close at 8pm. There are what are called urgent care centres but they are all based at A&E units and used to be called minors.

"

I used to live in London too, the ones I had near me there have closed down now too from what I've heard. This doesn't help the strain on A&E when they close these vital resources down. Add that to the fact that most people can't get a drs appointment for weeks on end, people have to go somewhere.

Pxx

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"Colchester Essex is no better, I went to A&E 3 times over a 5 week period getting sent home each time without being examined properly.

It was only after my doctor told them they had a duty of care and that I his patient had had a broken leg and smashed meniscus they jumped, for 5 weeks I was in serious pain and when they realised their negligence they arranged an emergency operation in case I sued them.

Service is worse than sub standard at the moment and with most of the good doctors/nurses having been sent home through Brexit the system is fucked."

So most of the good doctors and nurses have been sent home.

That's nice of you, take it you won't be clapping me when I arrive to do a shift and stay late to cover any missing staff.

over a year ago

Maidstone

"

What has anyone on benefits go to do with this? Why is everything the fault of people that claim benefits?

Pxx

By *ermite12ukMan
over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Maybe employ a production engineer to advise them how to get the best flow of patients in and out of hospital. In the least amount of time.

Instead of what seems to me at least. Keeping the patients in a loop, that once joined, keeps them at the hospital for a minimum of a working day....8 hours is shocking.

The current system imho, has been put in place to make any hospital as least productive as possible:

Who in the world would think that (Ignoring the triage nurse which is a good idea.) That entering the cubicle, where you give your details to a nurse. You explain your issue. Nurse takes personsl details.

Then you wait.

Doc arrives, and you explain the problem again....and also give personal details again.

Doc then gives diagnosis.

Then you wait.

Having moved back to the waiting room, to wait for the prescription.

Then a trek often to the opposite side of the hospital to pick up the drugs.

Why not have a nurse and doc sitting in one of two cubicles. While one cubicle is cleaned down.

Nurse takes personal details. Doc listens to patient. Figures out what's wrong and either admits to a ward. Or issues a prescription.

Patient then either returns to one of two holding areas. - Wards or Discharge.

Nurse writes up prescription issues to hospital drug dept electronically. Patient then collects on the way out, after cross referencing their personal details, to make sure they do, or do not have to pay.

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

What has anyone on benefits go to do with this? Why is everything the fault of people that claim benefits?

Pxx"

It is about the balance of payments, when government spend exceeds tax receipts there is a deficit. We are all at risk of getting ill or having an accident, we are all going to get old, benefits should be considered a temporary solution and not a lifestyle and yet you hear the politically correct crusaders bitching about benefits not going up in line with inflation… they did not get their benefits cut to 80% during Covid and the government isn’t forcing companies to give us inflation linked increases but our tax will go to funding their increase, a joke!

over a year ago

Pxx

I used to live in London too, the ones I had near me there have closed down now too from what I've heard. This doesn't help the strain on A&E when they close these vital resources down. Add that to the fact that most people can't get a drs appointment for weeks on end, people have to go somewhere.

Pxx"

That's what a lot of the backlog is because people haven't been able to be treated for things that should have been quite simple and have now become more serious hence what they end up in A&E.

over a year ago

Pxx

It is about the balance of payments, when government spend exceeds tax receipts there is a deficit. We are all at risk of getting ill or having an accident, we are all going to get old, benefits should be considered a temporary solution and not a lifestyle and yet you hear the politically correct crusaders bitching about benefits not going up in line with inflation… they did not get their benefits cut to 80% during Covid and the government isn’t forcing companies to give us inflation linked increases but our tax will go to funding their increase, a joke!"

The whole ethos of the nhs is that it is free at the point of need. Nowhere does it state you have to have paid in a certain amount to receive treatment that is literally the opposite of what the nhs was set up for. No people didn't get their benefits cut by 80% as a single adult on out of work benefits will receive 77 pounds which is barely enough already.

over a year ago

I understand the anger. Some people are experiencing a lack of care, and that isn't the nurses or doctors fault per say, they don't have the resources or time to manage they're work loads.

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

Pxx

It is about the balance of payments, when government spend exceeds tax receipts there is a deficit. We are all at risk of getting ill or having an accident, we are all going to get old, benefits should be considered a temporary solution and not a lifestyle and yet you hear the politically correct crusaders bitching about benefits not going up in line with inflation… they did not get their benefits cut to 80% during Covid and the government isn’t forcing companies to give us inflation linked increases but our tax will go to funding their increase, a joke!

The whole ethos of the nhs is that it is free at the point of need. Nowhere does it state you have to have paid in a certain amount to receive treatment that is literally the opposite of what the nhs was set up for. No people didn't get their benefits cut by 80% as a single adult on out of work benefits will receive 77 pounds which is barely enough already. "

Nothing is free! Where do you think the funds come from?

Not once did I suggest that front line health workers should not get paid and more but those not adding value need to do some maths of their own, the world doesn’t owe them anything. First world problems… honestly.

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

The ground and mid level staff are poorly paid and work their bums off to keep things running. The doctors, consultants and surgeons get more money, but your life is in their hands! They trained to keep you alive! They all deserve help from the government to make their life easier, not beratement for the fact that the whole financial system is making response and treatment time slow. If you are going to boo anyone, boo the government and politicians. Sorry, rant over.

Love you all

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Is it time to send in the Army Medics

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

"Is it time to send in the Army Medics "

Good idea! All hands on deck Mr Christian!

over a year ago

Privatisation, lack of wages and work life balance for staff, shortage of nurses, shortage of doctors and a huge as fuck backlog of people who were refused treatment during the pandemic.

Is it right to boo the staff? No.

Are the people who are sick/injured wrong to express frustration at a broken system? Also no.

There is very little trust in the NHS anymore, at least from what I’ve experienced.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Good. Its long overdue that people realised that what is sold and worshipped as a health service is a poor excuse for one. It does some amazing things at times. But mostly it's admin is woeful and access to it for those that truly need it is prevented by hoops to jump through.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Last time I went to A&E I waited 15 hours and then they admitted me for a month. People don't realise the procedure they have to go through with each patient. Blood tests, xrays consultantations with doctors it all takes time"

Not really , they are just really badly organised. You don’t have waits like that in any other country in the world.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Reports from Aberdeen which translates into English as the mouth of the River Deen has seen news of slow handclapping and boos directed at A&E staff because of long delays. What's going on here guys?

Good. Its long overdue that people realised that what is sold and worshipped as a health service is a poor excuse for one. It does some amazing things at times. But mostly it's admin is woeful and access to it for those that truly need it is prevented by hoops to jump through. "

I totally agree. Luckily I don’t need to use the NHS for anything but the odd time I have in the past I’m just amazed at how incompetent and inefficient every single part of it is. It is literally like a comedy health service, you could not design a worse system

over a year ago

"Maybe employ a production engineer to advise them how to get the best flow of patients in and out of hospital. In the least amount of time.

Instead of what seems to me at least. Keeping the patients in a loop, that once joined, keeps them at the hospital for a minimum of a working day....8 hours is shocking.

The current system imho, has been put in place to make any hospital as least productive as possible:

Who in the world would think that (Ignoring the triage nurse which is a good idea.) That entering the cubicle, where you give your details to a nurse. You explain your issue. Nurse takes personsl details.

Then you wait.

Doc arrives, and you explain the problem again....and also give personal details again.

Doc then gives diagnosis.

Then you wait.

Having moved back to the waiting room, to wait for the prescription.

Then a trek often to the opposite side of the hospital to pick up the drugs.

Why not have a nurse and doc sitting in one of two cubicles. While one cubicle is cleaned down.

Nurse takes personal details. Doc listens to patient. Figures out what's wrong and either admits to a ward. Or issues a prescription.

Patient then either returns to one of two holding areas. - Wards or Discharge.

Nurse writes up prescription issues to hospital drug dept electronically. Patient then collects on the way out, after cross referencing their personal details, to make sure they do, or do not have to pay."

emergency in the next bed, doc gets called over while the admin nurse waits because she's buddying up and can't get ahead.

It's a complex system, and needs flexibility imo. We spend too much on cure, and not enough on prevention, or wiser care. We see out health service as being hospitals. Imo we need to look bigger and wider. It's how (as I understand it) others do health care.

over a year ago

Pxx

The whole ethos of the nhs is that it is free at the point of need. Nowhere does it state you have to have paid in a certain amount to receive treatment that is literally the opposite of what the nhs was set up for. No people didn't get their benefits cut by 80% as a single adult on out of work benefits will receive 77 pounds which is barely enough already.

Not once did I suggest that front line health workers should not get paid and more but those not adding value need to do some maths of their own, the world doesn’t owe them anything. First world problems… honestly."

I think you will find I didn't say it was free! I said it is free at the point of need.

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

Pxx

Not once did I suggest that front line health workers should not get paid and more but those not adding value need to do some maths of their own, the world doesn’t owe them anything. First world problems… honestly.

I think you will find I didn't say it was free! I said it is free at the point of need. "

Yawn, just how is that different?

By *d59michelleTV/TS
over a year ago

walsall

If you can't send folks home when they are ready due to the after care system being broken there's going to be queues

over a year ago

"Reports from Aberdeen which translates into English as the mouth of the River Deen has seen news of slow handclapping and boos directed at A&E staff because of long delays. What's going on here guys?

Good. Its long overdue that people realised that what is sold and worshipped as a health service is a poor excuse for one. It does some amazing things at times. But mostly it's admin is woeful and access to it for those that truly need it is prevented by hoops to jump through.

I totally agree. Luckily I don’t need to use the NHS for anything but the odd time I have in the past I’m just amazed at how incompetent and inefficient every single part of it is. It is literally like a comedy health service, you could not design a worse system "

I think if more people experienced health services abroad then the NHS would be far less venerated. It's certainly the worst I've found in Europe.

Post new Message to Thread