Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Twitter: What’s happening exactly?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What’s the worst thing that could happen with Twitter then?. I’m ignorant and confused

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In terms of what?

Nothing I can think of.

over a year ago

Lots

If they go bust and the banks step in to re pay debts and what not they don’t

Really have assets to sell off

The only asset they have

Are users details and such like

Email adress photos dms phone number and such

That can be sold off to marketing companies and what not

As per the agreement when you made a account

That anything posted there or put there belongs to them

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I think I'm the only one on this planet who doesn't have to a Twit' account.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

The new blue tick system means people can troll huge companies by pretending to be them. Companies are losing billions in share value, as is Tesla, and Musk is over-leveraged with the short-term loans he took out to buy Twitter. Seoarately, millions have already left for Mastodon because of Musk's stated desire to get tid of almost all restrictions on free speech, meaning racism,homophobia etc is already rife. Finally, Musk sacked more than 50% of Twitter staff and is now trying to hire them back, because all sorts of underlying systems that made Twitter function are collapsing without them.

Basically, we're getting a destruction-testing of the theory that billionaires get their money through profound business genius. Musk is speed-running the destruction of the best social media company in history.

And a cynical theory is that actuslly it is deliberate, not incompetence. Traditional media types LOATHE the way Twitter allows ordinary people to correct their lies and bias, and are open about wishing Twitter were left to Very Important People like them, enjoying praising the Emperor's new clothes without snotty little kids pointing out that he is naked.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"What’s the worst thing that could happen with Twitter then?. I’m ignorant and confused "

Nothing. Just a load of flavour-of-the-month nosnense that the media are frothing at the mouth over.

Will be the equivalent of chip paper in a few weeks

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"I think I'm the only one on this planet who doesn't have to a Twit' account. "
nope neither have I from what I see and hear about Twitter is it’s full of the worlds most toxic and nasty people all together on one platform who love nothing better than to be nasty and vile to anyone else who thinks differently from them having said that I’m sure theirs a few who aren’t nasty toxic and vile

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Im not on it either, but i may join now if reports are correct that censorship of conservatives has now been stopped. I would still join anonymously but sounds like it might be a good place now for a frank exchange of opinions and discussion

over a year ago

Twitter has approx 400 million users, I believe Mastodon is on about 3 million. A few hundred thousand people, mostly of one political persuasion, moving platform is not a game changer.

over a year ago

"Twitter has approx 400 million users, I believe Mastodon is on about 3 million. A few hundred thousand people, mostly of one political persuasion, moving platform is not a game changer."

400 million is a stretch

I would say Twitter user count is more in the 90 million rage

Ones you take out the bot accounts and also the people with dule or triple or quadruple accounts

By *ORBCouple
over a year ago

Dundalk

[Removed by poster at 13/11/22 19:22:36]

By *rixie_BlondeWoman
over a year ago

London (She/Her)

"What’s the worst thing that could happen with Twitter then?. I’m ignorant and confused "

In the USA diabetics struggle with the cost of insulin and are dying. A vial that costs £25 here (if you bought it rather than NHS) costs in excess of $350 in the USA. I use one bottle a week, so costs for diabetics are very high.

A fake, blue tick for a big pharma company called Eli Lilly announced insulin would now be free, in response the real company’s stocks lost 15 BILLION

People are now wondering if Lilly will sue Musk. Big Pharma v the richest man in the world. I’m looking forward to seeing that battle!

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"Twitter has approx 400 million users, I believe Mastodon is on about 3 million. A few hundred thousand people, mostly of one political persuasion, moving platform is not a game changer."

Yes, but the vast majority of those mastodon users have moved over in the last couple of weeks and the exodus continues

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've never had an account mainly because I've never had any interest in telling the world what I'm doing every 5 minutes or reading about what everyone is doing.

Over time all I've seen is most celebs or politicians that find themselves in deep water are there because of their twittering.

I'm as guilty as anyone for spending too much time on my phone but I don't need an app to micromanage my life.

over a year ago

People put down their phones and have face to face conversations. Some scary shit

over a year ago

I’ve never twittered…

over a year ago

"I've never had an account mainly because I've never had any interest in telling the world what I'm doing every 5 minutes or reading about what everyone is doing.

Over time all I've seen is most celebs or politicians that find themselves in deep water are there because of their twittering.

I'm as guilty as anyone for spending too much time on my phone but I don't need an app to micromanage my life. "

I cought that

over a year ago

I don't either

over a year ago

"I think I'm the only one on this planet who doesn't have to a Twit' account.

I don't either "

Nor do we

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Idiots use it. rich twat now owns it. The Idiots are now fucking off.

over a year ago

"What’s the worst thing that could happen with Twitter then?. I’m ignorant and confused

In the USA diabetics struggle with the cost of insulin and are dying. A vial that costs £25 here (if you bought it rather than NHS) costs in excess of $350 in the USA. I use one bottle a week, so costs for diabetics are very high.

A fake, blue tick for a big pharma company called Eli Lilly announced insulin would now be free, in response the real company’s stocks lost 15 BILLION

People are now wondering if Lilly will sue Musk. Big Pharma v the richest man in the world. I’m looking forward to seeing that battle! "

it was that or the fine for patent infringement on the same day ...

over a year ago

The worst??? The BBC is reporting:

"Twitter has told employees that the company's office buildings will be temporarily closed, effective immediately. In a message seen by the BBC, workers were told that the offices would reopen on Monday 21 November. It did not give a reason for the move."

However, several people claiming to be Twitter server engineers have used the platform (and alternative ones) to say its because they have all resigned en masse in response to Elon Musk's insistence they work longer hours. Many are also suggesting Twitter could (will?) go offline any moment. Whether that would be permanent who knows?

These "ex-employees" are urging people who have friends only connected via Twitter to seek alternatives so as not to lose contact.

Is this all scaremongering to make news? I have NO idea. But seems a lot of celebs and blue ticked accounts are taking it seriously and are in the last few hours encouraging fans and followers to join them on alternative platforms.

See what happens.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"People put down their phones and have face to face conversations. Some scary shit"

Human rights groups internationally, activists, disability support information groups, patient advocacy groups etc are currently struggling to work out how to regroup.

Yeah. It's only about them kids not having social skills

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Basically Elon’s ego mouth and ego is about to blow him probably 30-35 billion dollars… bought it at 44 billion and he is going to be lucky to get 10 for it now, if it doesn’t go into bankruptcy!

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

to be twerked

over a year ago

A clear view of how society has fallen and how far we have to go before some apocalyptic level shit show war, the world is divided, so what Twitter has done is provide us with a platform to accelerate division, it’s us versus your lot, gender, politics, religion, sexuality, the whole lot is one big argument, in all of it you must stand for something or you stand for nothing and that then means you are a waste, and then they want to charge you for it, and everyone has nodded saying this is a good idea, I’d say it’s beyond belief that we are where we are as a race but there you go, give 100 people a voice and 99 of them will start a fight

over a year ago

"What’s the worst thing that could happen with Twitter then?. I’m ignorant and confused

People are now wondering if Lilly will sue Musk. Big Pharma v the richest man in the world. I’m looking forward to seeing that battle! "

over a year ago

"A clear view of how society has fallen and how far we have to go before some apocalyptic level shit show war, the world is divided, so what Twitter has done is provide us with a platform to accelerate division, it’s us versus your lot, gender, politics, religion, sexuality, the whole lot is one big argument, in all of it you must stand for something or you stand for nothing and that then means you are a waste, and then they want to charge you for it, and everyone has nodded saying this is a good idea, I’d say it’s beyond belief that we are where we are as a race but there you go, give 100 people a voice and 99 of them will start a fight "

Why do you use the Fab forums?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"A clear view of how society has fallen and how far we have to go before some apocalyptic level shit show war, the world is divided, so what Twitter has done is provide us with a platform to accelerate division, it’s us versus your lot, gender, politics, religion, sexuality, the whole lot is one big argument, in all of it you must stand for something or you stand for nothing and that then means you are a waste, and then they want to charge you for it, and everyone has nodded saying this is a good idea, I’d say it’s beyond belief that we are where we are as a race but there you go, give 100 people a voice and 99 of them will start a fight "

There would be no insta or TikTok with twitter

The thing about twitter is that it is a place to get and check news… the breaking news element is something it does well!

Elons mouth started this shit and his ego is about to finish it off….

Just from a numbers point of view, if you sack half ya staff to begin with, and then to the rest say back me or leave, and 3/4 of them walk…. You can claim a company is bloated, but that’s 88% of your staff gone

12 doing the job of 100 is going to effect the product!!!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"People put down their phones and have face to face conversations. Some scary shit

Human rights groups internationally, activists, disability support information groups, patient advocacy groups etc are currently struggling to work out how to regroup.

Yeah. It's only about them kids not having social skills "

Let's not forget the vast majority of conversations regardless of which social media platform are between people that you would never have the opportunity to have a face to face conversation with.

I've had far better debates and conversations with random people from multiple countries than I ever have or ever will have with Frank the local d*unk, or the majority of people I may have face to face with.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Basically Elon’s ego mouth and ego is about to blow him probably 30-35 billion dollars… bought it at 44 billion and he is going to be lucky to get 10 for it now, if it doesn’t go into bankruptcy!"

Additionally - one commentator estimated that in order to raise the £44 billion, Musk had to reduce his net worth by £100 billion

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

With any luck now he'll shut it down permanently. And take instagram, tik tok etc with it.

Do it elon, you know its right

over a year ago

"With any luck now he'll shut it down permanently. And take instagram, tik tok etc with it.

Do it elon, you know its right "

God I hope not! There are so many people that Italian social media for their businesses. Including myself. Shut them down and you effectively end the income of millions.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Never have.

Never would.

over a year ago

"A clear view of how society has fallen and how far we have to go before some apocalyptic level shit show war, the world is divided, so what Twitter has done is provide us with a platform to accelerate division, it’s us versus your lot, gender, politics, religion, sexuality, the whole lot is one big argument, in all of it you must stand for something or you stand for nothing and that then means you are a waste, and then they want to charge you for it, and everyone has nodded saying this is a good idea, I’d say it’s beyond belief that we are where we are as a race but there you go, give 100 people a voice and 99 of them will start a fight

There would be no insta or TikTok with twitter

The thing about twitter is that it is a place to get and check news… the breaking news element is something it does well!

Elons mouth started this shit and his ego is about to finish it off….

Just from a numbers point of view, if you sack half ya staff to begin with, and then to the rest say back me or leave, and 3/4 of them walk…. You can claim a company is bloated, but that’s 88% of your staff gone

12 doing the job of 100 is going to effect the product!!! "

13 doing the job of 100 sounds about right for any workforce nowadays

over a year ago

If Twitter files for bankruptcy then someone will get it for a bargain price and if its well managed I expect it will bounce back.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Couldn’t care less. Never used it. From what’s been described it sounds like Twitter is Orwell’s 2 Minute Hate manifest. Industrial outrage for the masses, let them rage at everything and divide themselves, so much easier to deceive

over a year ago

"Couldn’t care less. Never used it. From what’s been described it sounds like Twitter is Orwell’s 2 Minute Hate manifest. Industrial outrage for the masses, let them rage at everything and divide themselves, so much easier to deceive "

Its really nothing at all like that.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Why does everything have to be an elaborate conspiracy theory these days rather than.

Some narcissistical sociopath , megalomaniac fucked up by thinking an entire workforce would cower down to his unethical working attitude.

About time one of these super rich assholes got their just dessert.

Unfortunately the employees have suffered from others egos

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Couldn’t care less. Never used it. From what’s been described it sounds like Twitter is Orwell’s 2 Minute Hate manifest. Industrial outrage for the masses, let them rage at everything and divide themselves, so much easier to deceive

Its really nothing at all like that."

Strongly disagree

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Why does everything have to be an elaborate conspiracy theory these days rather than.

Some narcissistical sociopath , megalomaniac fucked up by thinking an entire workforce would cower down to his unethical working attitude.

Unfortunately the employees have suffered from others egos"

Whats unethical about telling people he wants them to be in the office? When did that become so outrageous?

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Couldn’t care less. Never used it. From what’s been described it sounds like Twitter is Orwell’s 2 Minute Hate manifest. Industrial outrage for the masses, let them rage at everything and divide themselves, so much easier to deceive

Any time I've been sent links to various posts by people, it seems to be full of smart ass smug know-it-all who all think theyre journalists in their own right. Clowns

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Strongly disagree "

I think the vast majority of social media has been subverted to peddle outrage, not for some strange conspiracy reasons, just for plain simple money, the more clicks/likes/follows/dislikes one does, the more of a profile to sell, the way to generate interaction is to stir strong emotional responses. Shame really, social media could have been a force for good, maybe, but now it’s a platform for advertisers and data brokers, no grand conspiracy, just money.

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Why does everything have to be an elaborate conspiracy theory these days rather than.

Whats unethical about telling people he wants them to be in the office? When did that become so outrageous? "

Expecting them to work ridiculous hours just because he's a work pervert and never stops it doesn't mean all his employees should be.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Whats unethical about telling people he wants them to be in the office? When did that become so outrageous?

Expecting them to work ridiculous hours just because he's a work pervert and never stops it doesn't mean all his employees should be."

They can go off and get anothet job so, if they can't handle the demands and all the free food and high salaries then.

These fuckers just all want to be digital nomads living the 'instagram life'. Well party times over. Time to actually do some grind now like the rest of us

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Lots

If they go bust and the banks step in to re pay debts and what not they don’t

Really have assets to sell off

The only asset they have

Are users details and such like

Email adress photos dms phone number and such

That can be sold off to marketing companies and what not

As per the agreement when you made a account

That anything posted there or put there belongs to them "

Lol who I banks exactly will step in and pay Qatar holdings back their 44bn ? You honestly don’t think he used his own money do you and will declare home self bamcrupt..

First rule of business - always leverage debt / other peoples money

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I expect he'll drive it into the ground and claim he's made it a success.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"If Twitter files for bankruptcy then someone will get it for a bargain price and if its well managed I expect it will bounce back. "

At that point you have to believe that someone like jack Dorsey comes back in with hedge funds to rescue it and to see how much staff they can bring back

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

For lots of parts of the world twitter is as much freedom of journalism as they get! Or social activism.. why do you think when shit hit fan the first thing despot does is ban twitter!

The speech side the journalism side and the commentary side are completely different aspects…

I have seen some really interesting things and conversations that you would not have had the chance to have otherwise

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

For lots of parts of the world twitter is as much freedom of journalism as they get! Or social activism.. why do you think when shit hit fan the first thing despot does is ban twitter!

The speech side the journalism side and the commentary side are completely different aspects…

I have seen some really interesting things and conversations that you would not have had the chance to have otherwise "

Absolutely

over a year ago

I’ve seen some people saying that it’s likely it will go down / self implode now and to archive any tweets you want to save. Could be the end of Twitter especially with him closing the offices and staff mass resignations?

over a year ago

"If Twitter files for bankruptcy then someone will get it for a bargain price and if its well managed I expect it will bounce back.

At that point you have to believe that someone like jack Dorsey comes back in with hedge funds to rescue it and to see how much staff they can bring back "

Yes that is a good shout.

over a year ago

Expecting them to work ridiculous hours just because he's a work pervert and never stops it doesn't mean all his employees should be.

They can go off and get anothet job so, if they can't handle the demands and all the free food and high salaries then.

These fuckers just all want to be digital nomads living the 'instagram life'. Well party times over. Time to actually do some grind now like the rest of us"

Is that you Elon?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So where are us Twitter users going?? I haven’t set up on instagram… I feel way too old for that!!!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I am going nowhere. I will ride out this storm

over a year ago

who really cares?

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"who really cares?"
not on twatter then I take it

over a year ago

"So where are us Twitter users going?? I haven’t set up on instagram… I feel way too old for that!!!"

Hopefully someone will boot him and take it over.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

A former board member was on the news this morning saying it could collapse by Monday. 75% of the remain staff (after previous job cuts) have left following an edict he gave saying be "more hardcore" and work 80 hours a week or be sacked. It is said that only about 12% of the staff who were there when he bought it now remain, so keeping it on its feet will be pretty much impossible. All staff are locked out of headquarters at the moment.

It looks like a massive clusterfuck.

over a year ago

"who really cares?"

BLOCKED

over a year ago

"who really cares?

BLOCKED "

On here or twitter?

over a year ago

"who really cares?

BLOCKED

On here or twitter? "

Nowhere. Welcome back Wonko, we missed you.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"So where are us Twitter users going?? I haven’t set up on instagram… I feel way too old for that!!!"

Mastodon?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"A former board member was on the news this morning saying it could collapse by Monday. 75% of the remain staff (after previous job cuts) have left following an edict he gave saying be "more hardcore" and work 80 hours a week or be sacked. It is said that only about 12% of the staff who were there when he bought it now remain, so keeping it on its feet will be pretty much impossible. All staff are locked out of headquarters at the moment.

It looks like a massive clusterfuck. "

I thought he was the world's greatest genius who was going to champion free speech and own da libz?

By *ess n BenCouple
over a year ago

Didcot

No you are not lol

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"A former board member was on the news this morning saying it could collapse by Monday. 75% of the remain staff (after previous job cuts) have left following an edict he gave saying be "more hardcore" and work 80 hours a week or be sacked. It is said that only about 12% of the staff who were there when he bought it now remain, so keeping it on its feet will be pretty much impossible. All staff are locked out of headquarters at the moment.

I thought he was the world's greatest genius who was going to champion free speech and own da libz?"

As you point out, Twitter's deliberate destruction is appalling news for NGOs, live updates from disaster zones, etc. But as a speed-run controlled test for 'are billionaires geniuses who deserve their billions because of superior business acumen?', it has been exemplary.

And very funny.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I thought he was the world's greatest genius who was going to champion free speech and own da libz?

As you point out, Twitter's deliberate destruction is appalling news for NGOs, live updates from disaster zones, etc. But as a speed-run controlled test for 'are billionaires geniuses who deserve their billions because of superior business acumen?', it has been exemplary.

And very funny."

Quite.

Who knew that inheriting wealth was a poor predictor of success?

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

And very funny.

Quite.

Who knew that inheriting wealth was a poor predictor of success? "

Sounds like he wants rid of all the dead wood and will replace them with his idea of a workforce or people who are prepared to toe his line.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"

Quite.

Who knew that inheriting wealth was a poor predictor of success? "

Tom Paine, for one.

I like his quip in The Rights of Man about a hereditary mathematician, pointing out an equation 'that was left to me by my grandfather. No idea what it means, of course.'

By *urious couple22Couple
over a year ago

Derby

To be fair he's a business man so I'm sure he will do OK only thing I agree with is actually having a platform for freedom of speech at the end of the day people are being cancelled for having opinions if you don't fit the lefts narrative to the new WOKE agenda then they class you as a racist and homophobic.. at the end of the day for everybody to have freedom of speech you have to risk being offended instead people get censored..

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"To be fair he's a business man so I'm sure he will do OK only thing I agree with is actually having a platform for freedom of speech at the end of the day people are being cancelled for having opinions if you don't fit the lefts narrative to the new WOKE agenda then they class you as a racist and homophobic.. at the end of the day for everybody to have freedom of speech you have to risk being offended instead people get censored.."

No one on the right is being 'cancelled'. They are just going on different talkshows and writing for different newspapers.

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Should be called Twatter and to think there are some so called interns who spend 99% of their time ruinning the rich and famous twatter accounts and even some politicians have interns doing their twatter account ...

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

What’s Twitter?

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"What’s Twitter? "

Fab Forums with 0.2% fewer threads about cock size.

over a year ago

Is it still going to be there in the morning, an awful lot of goodbyes happening. I'll just sit and wait till the lights go out, cant be faffed moving elsewhere.

over a year ago

Derby

"To be fair he's a business man so I'm sure he will do OK only thing I agree with is actually having a platform for freedom of speech at the end of the day people are being cancelled for having opinions if you don't fit the lefts narrative to the new WOKE agenda then they class you as a racist and homophobic.. at the end of the day for everybody to have freedom of speech you have to risk being offended instead people get censored..

No one on the right is being 'cancelled'. They are just going on different talkshows and writing for different newspapers."

Incorrect if your apart of the left your protected if your part of the right your not at the end of the day look at when Covid come out and a few other stuff we’ve had happen in the last 2 to 3 years they was censored they was told they was spreading disinformation even through it was backed by science and history. Facebook did it YouTube nearly every single social media network did it so again my point is that freedom of speech should be allowed not censored…. Currently you’ve got people spreading disinformation on the left and they are protected they are allowed to do what they want because they are apart of the agenda and if you speak up about these groups you are the one who’s targeted against even if you speak from science and history then you are removed.

over a year ago

nope im same never done Facebook either fab ebay and super six only things I've ever been on bliss

over a year ago

"To be fair he's a business man so I'm sure he will do OK only thing I agree with is actually having a platform for freedom of speech at the end of the day people are being cancelled for having opinions if you don't fit the lefts narrative to the new WOKE agenda then they class you as a racist and homophobic.. at the end of the day for everybody to have freedom of speech you have to risk being offended instead people get censored..

No one on the right is being 'cancelled'. They are just going on different talkshows and writing for different newspapers.

Incorrect if your apart of the left your protected if your part of the right your not at the end of the day look at when Covid come out and a few other stuff we’ve had happen in the last 2 to 3 years they was censored they was told they was spreading disinformation even through it was backed by science and history. Facebook did it YouTube nearly every single social media network did it so again my point is that freedom of speech should be allowed not censored…. Currently you’ve got people spreading disinformation on the left and they are protected they are allowed to do what they want because they are apart of the agenda and if you speak up about these groups you are the one who’s targeted against even if you speak from science and history then you are removed."

Bill Gates is sponsoring vaccines to implant chips in people is not speaking from science or history.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Incorrect if your apart of the left your protected if your part of the right your not at the end of the day look at when Covid come out and a few other stuff we’ve had happen in the last 2 to 3 years they was censored they was told they was spreading disinformation even through it was backed by science and history. Facebook did it YouTube nearly every single social media network did it so again my point is that freedom of speech should be allowed not censored…. Currently you’ve got people spreading disinformation on the left and they are protected they are allowed to do what they want because they are apart of the agenda and if you speak up about these groups you are the one who’s targeted against even if you speak from science and history then you are removed."

Aaaaaand breathe.

over a year ago

Obviously a lot of the anti Musk sentiment is based on politics, not business. He has bought a company with huge losses and it's quite possible he has implemented massive job cuts to flush out inefficient workers and he will rebuild with a better and more productive workforce, perhaps in a different location. I suspect Twitter's death has been greatly exaggerated.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"Obviously a lot of the anti Musk sentiment is based on politics, not business. He has bought a company with huge losses and it's quite possible he has implemented massive job cuts to flush out inefficient workers and he will rebuild with a better and more productive workforce, perhaps in a different location. I suspect Twitter's death has been greatly exaggerated."

Twitter was $5 billion a year in profit and doing very nicely. The debt is what he has loaded onto the company in buying it, like the Glazers with Man U.

over a year ago

"Obviously a lot of the anti Musk sentiment is based on politics, not business. He has bought a company with huge losses and it's quite possible he has implemented massive job cuts to flush out inefficient workers and he will rebuild with a better and more productive workforce, perhaps in a different location. I suspect Twitter's death has been greatly exaggerated.

Twitter was $5 billion a year in profit and doing very nicely. The debt is what he has loaded onto the company in buying it, like the Glazers with Man U."

No, you are wrong. Twitter had 5 billion dollars in revenue in 2021 but 220 million losses. I feel perhaps you've proved my point about people opposing Musk for political motives without understanding the basics of profit and loss.

over a year ago

"I think I'm the only one on this planet who doesn't have to a Twit' account. nope im same never done Facebook either fab ebay and super six only things I've ever been on bliss "

Twit twatter with the chatter

over a year ago

Just bin off social media. It’s all complete and utter bollox!

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"Obviously a lot of the anti Musk sentiment is based on politics, not business. He has bought a company with huge losses and it's quite possible he has implemented massive job cuts to flush out inefficient workers and he will rebuild with a better and more productive workforce, perhaps in a different location. I suspect Twitter's death has been greatly exaggerated.

Twitter was $5 billion a year in profit and doing very nicely. The debt is what he has loaded onto the company in buying it, like the Glazers with Man U.

No, you are wrong. Twitter had 5 billion dollars in revenue in 2021 but 220 million losses. I feel perhaps you've proved my point about people opposing Musk for political motives without understanding the basics of profit and loss."

Do you think the financial position of Twitter has improved since Musk's takeover?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Obviously a lot of the anti Musk sentiment is based on politics, not business. He has bought a company with huge losses and it's quite possible he has implemented massive job cuts to flush out inefficient workers and he will rebuild with a better and more productive workforce, perhaps in a different location. I suspect Twitter's death has been greatly exaggerated."

Um… there is a bit of difference between trimming off the fat and losing 90% of your staff one way or another!

over a year ago

Um… there is a bit of difference between trimming off the fat and losing 90% of your staff one way or another!"

Its actually not that unusual for new management to fire whole workforces then reemploy to both save money and remove poorly performing employees. This is an extreme example getting huge publicity but its not necessarily the act of a lunatic !

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

I'm not a twit either.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Im not on it either, but i may join now if reports are correct that censorship of conservatives has now been stopped. I would still join anonymously but sounds like it might be a good place now for a frank exchange of opinions and discussion "

If its a good place for a frank exchange of opinions and discussion, I'm curious why you'd need the cloak of anonymity?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I dabbled on Twitter once. So many angry people hang out on there just to be rude and aggressive. I wouldn’t say it’s a great place even though I only followed quite light hearted things.

By *thfloorCouple
over a year ago

Hove

What an interesting discussion, thank you all.

By *hedark_knightMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

These fuckers just all want to be digital nomads living the 'instagram life'. Well party times over. Time to actually do some grind now like the rest of us"

You sound really pissed off. Like you’re taking it very personal.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Im not on it either, but i may join now if reports are correct that censorship of conservatives has now been stopped. I would still join anonymously but sounds like it might be a good place now for a frank exchange of opinions and discussion

If its a good place for a frank exchange of opinions and discussion, I'm curious why you'd need the cloak of anonymity?"

Theres a very simple answer to that. To not open the door to personal abuse from people who happen to disagree with ones own opinion.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

These fuckers just all want to be digital nomads living the 'instagram life'. Well party times over. Time to actually do some grind now like the rest of us

You sound really pissed off. Like you’re taking it very personal. "

Not at all. Im just expressing an honest forthright opinion

over a year ago

Not at all. Im just expressing an honest forthright opinion "

how much do they make ?

I do enjoy that you are slating digital nomads, when the news is about office closures.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Not at all. Im just expressing an honest forthright opinion how much do they make ?

I do enjoy that you are slating digital nomads, when the news is about office closures. "

Loads of the staff moaned about having to come back to the office. Thats part of the situation

over a year ago

Not at all. Im just expressing an honest forthright opinion how much do they make ?

I do enjoy that you are slating digital nomads, when the news is about office closures.

Loads of the staff moaned about having to come back to the office. Thats part of the situation "

WFH digital nomad.

I thought it was more the long hours at high intensity.

WFH was more a Tesla thing. Musk certainly likes his ppl being in the office. Him and JRM are alligned on this.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Loads of the staff moaned about having to come back to the office. Thats part of the situation WFH digital nomad.

I thought it was more the long hours at high intensity.

WFH was more a Tesla thing. Musk certainly likes his ppl being in the office. Him and JRM are alligned on this. "

Im with him on it too. Productivity, innovation, collaboration, it all happens in the office face to face. Not cut off in silos and in dreamland at home

over a year ago

Derby

Incorrect if your apart of the left your protected if your part of the right your not at the end of the day look at when Covid come out and a few other stuff we’ve had happen in the last 2 to 3 years they was censored they was told they was spreading disinformation even through it was backed by science and history. Facebook did it YouTube nearly every single social media network did it so again my point is that freedom of speech should be allowed not censored…. Currently you’ve got people spreading disinformation on the left and they are protected they are allowed to do what they want because they are apart of the agenda and if you speak up about these groups you are the one who’s targeted against even if you speak from science and history then you are removed.

Bill Gates is sponsoring vaccines to implant chips in people is not speaking from science or history."

. You dismiss my point and try and make out I’m a conspiracy theorist because I actually speak truth and keep watching your tv and the propaganda

over a year ago

'What are we going to do tonight Brain?'

'Tonight Pinky, we are going to take over the world!!!'

over a year ago

Is it still going?

over a year ago

"'What are we going to do tonight Brain?'

'Tonight Pinky, we are going to take over the world!!!'"

over a year ago

"'What are we going to do tonight Brain?'

'Tonight Pinky, we are going to take over the world!!!' "

And Pinky thought 'Stop being a Twat Brain'

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Elon proved that money can pretty much buy anything.

He'll probably end up having to sell it or deprivatise again.

The whole blue tick thing is nonsense...@jesus got verified as genuine!

over a year ago

It all seems to work ok.

over a year ago

Bill Gates is sponsoring vaccines to implant chips in people is not speaking from science or history.

. You dismiss my point and try and make out I’m a conspiracy theorist because I actually speak truth and keep watching your tv and the propaganda "

Keep your tin foil hat in shape

Post new Message to Thread