Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is Kherson withdrawal a ploy?

Jump to newest

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

There are celebrations in Ukraine and elsewhere too about the Russians moving out of the Ukrainian city of Kherson, but military analysts in UK are wary that this be a ploy to lull their opponents into a false sense of security.

The Russians, whilst being incompetently organised are also exceptionally devious and vindictive, a trait that stretches back centuries to the notorious era of Ivan the Terrible.

I am also deeply sceptical

Are the Russian commanders merely removing their troops, prior to the use of tactical nuclear bombs?

Nothing, in my opinion is off the table regarding Russian tactics!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lubchuckerMan
over a year ago

Oxfordshire

Somethings going on but what is yet to be seen. Putin was happy to send his press ganged troops to the area knowing the Ukraine army would make short work of them due to their lack of training but now he wants them out of there, why ?

Putin and his henchmen aren't pulling out because they want to stop his troops being killed for no gain, they have something planned and you can guarantee it will be underhand just like everything else he's been responsible for since he invaded in February.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

UK military experts? after spending 31 years serving the crown I never met one. Good commanders, met plenty of those and the odd useless one.

It's not rocket science, they want to keep Crimea at the very least and and having resources on the west bank of the river were not best placed to defend anything. Also, once the potential attack of Odessa was off the cards, troops on the west bank is just pointless, you don't need to a military genius to see it.

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I was correct about my assessment of the devious treacherous Russian army's ploy of withdrawing and then launching a massive attack; the explosions in Poland are additionally concerning; this war is going to last a very long time, regrettably.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I was correct about my assessment of the devious treacherous Russian army's ploy of withdrawing and then launching a massive attack; the explosions in Poland are additionally concerning; this war is going to last a very long time, regrettably."

Unless there is a strategic accident that befalls Putin.

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"I was correct about my assessment of the devious treacherous Russian army's ploy of withdrawing and then launching a massive attack; the explosions in Poland are additionally concerning; this war is going to last a very long time, regrettably.

Unless there is a strategic accident that befalls Putin."

Let's hope that scenario comes to fruition rapidly.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I was correct about my assessment of the devious treacherous Russian army's ploy of withdrawing and then launching a massive attack; the explosions in Poland are additionally concerning; this war is going to last a very long time, regrettably.

Unless there is a strategic accident that befalls Putin."

He needs to take a look out of a window.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Unless there is a strategic accident that befalls Putin.

He needs to take a look out of a window."

Whoops! suicide. How ironic would that be?

Post new Message to Thread