Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pat Finucane

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For all those who whinge about human rights laws and the need for them I think the Finucane case shows that human rights are paramount to a decent and honest society. The popular press may try to trivialise the need for human rights but without them we are inhuman.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Human rights issues are trivialised by most people until they inadvertently find themselves on the wrong side of the line and then realise that the Human Rights laws that could have helped have been slowly eroded away without them realising.

But then I'm just a pinko liberal...

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

However....and a very big however.... A civilsed society can not deal with un-civilised people with in the confines of the human rights act...

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"However....and a very big however.... A civilsed society can not deal with un-civilised people with in the confines of the human rights act..."

Oh, interesting! If you deal with someone in an uncivilised way can you still claim you are civilised? What do you think?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Human rights issues are trivialised by most people until they inadvertently find themselves on the wrong side of the line and then realise that the Human Rights laws that could have helped have been slowly eroded away without them realising.

But then I'm just a pinko liberal... "

Pinko Liberal is good! if there were more of us it would be a better world!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Using the word “civilised” encompasses far to many variables.

Reply privately

By *aninthemiddleMan
over a year ago

caerphilly

Anyone for a good shagging lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"However....and a very big however.... A civilsed society can not deal with un-civilised people with in the confines of the human rights act..."
That is what separates the civilised from the uncivilised the adherence to Human Rights for all..........thats what the popular press round on......everyone of us has human rights despite what he or she may have or is willing to do!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Using the word “civilised” encompasses far to many variables.

"

The court of human rights and its charter adequately summerises the definition of civil........ised behaviour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Using the word “civilised” encompasses far to many variables.

The court of human rights and its charter adequately summerises the definition of civil........ised behaviour."

Oh-well, I guess perhaps I’ll just remain one of those odd fukers who doesn’t conform to having other people to tell me what to think then……

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who was it who said something like "Peaceful men can sleep in their beds knowing rough men will commit violence on their behalf"?

It's the never ending question of how 'civilised' should we, as a society be?

I've done some rough work in rough places, taking on some seriously nasty people and the question of Human Rights is always there. So many problems could be solved if the authorities took the gloves off but that would make us no better than the worst regimes in history.

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"However....and a very big however.... A civilsed society can not deal with un-civilised people with in the confines of the human rights act...

Oh, interesting! If you deal with someone in an uncivilised way can you still claim you are civilised? What do you think?"

I believe you can, as a civilised person will know when they have taken the correct action or amount of action to protect society, where as an un-civilised person would not have any boundries...

A question... A person has kidnapped a small child and placed them in a box that is running out of air. You only have 4 hours to save the child. You have the kidnapper but he won't tell you where the child is. Do you torture the details out of him or allow him his human rights and allow the child to die a slow, terrifying lonely death?

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

"However....and a very big however.... A civilsed society can not deal with un-civilised people with in the confines of the human rights act...

Oh, interesting! If you deal with someone in an uncivilised way can you still claim you are civilised? What do you think?

I believe you can, as a civilised person will know when they have taken the correct action or amount of action to protect society, where as an un-civilised person would not have any boundries...

A question... A person has kidnapped a small child and placed them in a box that is running out of air. You only have 4 hours to save the child. You have the kidnapper but he won't tell you where the child is. Do you torture the details out of him or allow him his human rights and allow the child to die a slow, terrifying lonely death?"

Personally I would torture and no doubt would end up in prison alongside him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe you can, as a civilised person will know when they have taken the correct action or amount of action to protect society, where as an

un-civilised person would not have any boundries...

A question... A person has kidnapped a small child and placed them in a box that is running out of air. You only have 4 hours to save the child. You have the kidnapper but he won't tell you

where the child is. Do you torture the details out of him or allow him his human rights and allow the child to die a slow, terrifying lonely death?"

Personally I think the person in your scenario should be made to talk but when is it ever as clear cut as that? Someone will always argue that the person is innocent until proven guilty and that a proper trial should be allowed and of course that takes weeks or months.

Imagine that a member of your family is accused of carrying out a serious crime and is witholding information, like your scenario. What would you say then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe you can, as a civilised person will know when they have taken the correct action or amount of action to protect society, where as an

A question... A person has kidnapped a small child and placed them in a box that is running out of air. You only have 4 hours to save the child. You have the kidnapper but he won't tell you

where the child is. Do you torture the details out of him or allow him his human rights and allow the child to die a slow, terrifying lonely death?

Personally I think the person in your scenario should be made to talk but when is it ever as clear cut as that? Someone will always argue that the person is innocent until proven guilty and that a proper trial should be allowed and of course that takes weeks or months.

Imagine that a member of your family is accused of carrying out a serious crime and is witholding information, like your scenario. What would you say then?

"

If you stoop to uncivilised methods then you become the same as those who are not!

The Finucane situstion is an example. The state or its agents knew that assignations were being planned and did nothing to stop them. Same situation as the example given above.

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

I agree with a right to fair trial. In my scenario the man held is the kidnapper. I was asking what would a civilised person do. It's a whole different ball game if you didn't know if you had the right person or not....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I agree with a right to fair trial. In my scenario the man held is the kidnapper. I was asking what would a civilised person do. It's a whole different ball game if you didn't know if you had the right person or not.... "
But your situation is extreme and that is one of the points I am making .............extreme or outlandish incicents (Abu Hammsa et all) seem to tarnish the whole human rights issue. Most HR cases are ones of political assylum or abuse of power.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe you can, as a civilised person will know when they have taken the correct action or

amount of action to protect society, where as an

where the child is. Do you torture the details out of him or allow him his human rights and allow

the child to die a slow, terrifying lonely death?

Personally I think the person in your scenario should be made to talk but when is it ever as clear cut as that? Someone will always argue that the person is innocent until proven guilty and that a proper trial should be allowed and of

course that takes weeks or months.

If you stoop to uncivilised methods then you become the same as those who are not!

The Finucane situstion is an example. The state

or its agents knew that assignations were being planned and did nothing to stop them. Same situation as the example given above."

The Finucane story is an example of where someone has made a decision to kill someone and thinks they're acting in the cause of justice. Finucane defended IRA suspects who used the legal system they didn't believe in to literally get away with murder, in one case the murder of two British soldiers who drove into an IRA funeral by mistake.

So where do you draw the line in what was a terribly desperate situation in Northern Ireland at the time? Or do two wrongs actually make a right?

I wish life was simpler but it isn't. People will always disagree about these issues but the law must always be adhered too but also constantly reviewed and even though 'bleedin' heart liberals' are sometimes a vocal pain in the arse it's their constant moaning that keeps the authorities on their toes. I just wish they would chose their battles more selectively rather than fighting everything!

Wow. Deep.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pat finucanes case is the tip of the ice berg when it comes to collusion between loyalist death squads and british inteligence

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pat finucanes case is the tip of the ice berg when it comes to collusion between loyalist death squads and british inteligence"

It truly was a 'dirty' war. It's also an extreme example of what happens when the law gets forgotten and people start doing what they think is right. Having said that the IRA cynically used the legal system to their own devices to support their campaign of murder so that they could further their goal of forming a united MARXIST Ireland. People tend to forget the marxist bit, especially the fundraisers in the USA.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe you can, as a civilised person will know when they have taken the correct action or

where the child is. Do you torture the details out of him or allow him his human rights and allow

Personally I think the person in your scenario should be made to talk but when is it ever as clear cut as that? Someone will always argue that the person is innocent until proven guilty and that a proper trial should be allowed and of

or its agents knew that assignations were being planned and did nothing to stop them. Same situation as the example given above.

The Finucane story is an example of where someone has made a decision to kill someone and thinks they're acting in the cause of justice. Finucane defended IRA suspects who used the legal system they didn't believe in to literally get away with murder, in one case the murder of two British soldiers who drove into an IRA funeral by mistake.

So where do you draw the line in what was a terribly desperate situation in Northern Ireland at the time? Or do two wrongs actually make a right?

I wish life was simpler but it isn't. People will always disagree about these issues but the law must always be adhered too but also constantly reviewed and even though 'bleedin' heart liberals' are sometimes a vocal pain in the arse it's their constant moaning that keeps the authorities on their toes. I just wish they would chose their battles more selectively rather than fighting everything!

Wow. Deep."

Having been brought up on the biggest council estate in Europe I do not think of myself as a bleeding heart liberal. However those who were charged with the murder of those two soliders which was horrific and barbaric, would have stood trial and were entitled to legal representation. That is what sets those who belive in justice and human rights to those who believed that just because those two unfortunate soliders were in the wrong place, the could hand out what they believed to be justice. It was as I say barbaric but justice will always prevail.

Reply privately

over a year ago

where the child is. Do you torture the details out

of him or allow him his human rights and allow

or its agents knew that assignations were being planned and did nothing to stop them. Same situation as the example given above.

The Finucane story is an example of where someone has made a decision to kill someone and thinks they're acting in the cause of justice. Finucane defended IRA suspects who used the legal system they didn't believe in to literally get

away with murder, in one case the murder of two British soldiers who drove into an IRA funeral by mistake.

I wish life was simpler but it isn't. People will always disagree about these issues but the law must always be adhered too but also constantly reviewed and even though 'bleedin' heart liberals' are sometimes a vocal pain in the arse it's their constant moaning that keeps the authorities on their toes. I just wish they would chose their

battles more selectively rather than fighting everything!

Wow. Deep.Having been brought up on the biggest council estate in Europe I do not think of myself as a bleeding heart liberal. However those who were charged with the murder of those two soliders which was horrific and barbaric, would

have stood trial and were entitled to legal representation. That is what sets those who belive in justice and human rights to those who believed that just because those two unfortunate soliders were in the wrong place, the could hand out what they believed to be justice. It was as I say barbaric but justice will always prevail."

Being bought up on a large council estate doesn't make you a 'bleedin' heart liberal' (note tne quote marks). A persons upbringing shouldn't pigeon hole the. Take Lord Longford as a perfect example.

The people who personally annoy me are those who cynically use something they don't believe in to hide behind, Abu Hamza for example, violent criminals who claim police brutality when they get injured fighting the police who are lawfully trying to detain them is another example (which I'm sure will raise some comments).

The other group who annoy me are those who claim our society is 'facist' or oppresive because they're not allowed to do whatever they want. Sure it's not perfect, far from it. But until you've lived in a real oppresive regime, like East Germany for example, you do not have the right to sat this country is an oppresive facist regime.

Unfortunately justice does not always prevail. The guilty get away with it the same as the innocent get found guilty. We live in a very imperfect world and there are times I practically weep for it. Balanced against that are the wonderful, kind, brave, honest, caring people out there who make everything a little better.

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

I believe in justice and a fair trial.... What I don't believe in is a murderer getting off because someone has made a mistake on a piece of paper. The defence should make sure it is a fair trial not use dirty tricks and loop holes to get a guilty person off scott free.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I believe in justice and a fair trial.... What I don't believe in is a murderer getting off because someone has made a mistake on a piece of paper. The defence should make sure it is a fair trial not use dirty tricks and loop holes to get a guilty person off scott free. "

And that's a big part of the problem. Defence teams who genuinely believe their client is innocent is one thing but those who treat a trial as a battle of arguments where they hope to be cleverer than the prosecution is another. Some barristers treat the whole thing as a game, a contest of intellects and an exercise in massaging their own egos. Common sense has largely been lost by the court system under the heading of 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

Reply privately

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

human rights, what human rights ? where did they come from ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"human rights, what human rights ? where did they come from ?"

Don't know, ask someone in North Korea.

Reply privately

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

"human rights, what human rights ? where did they come from ?

Don't know, ask someone in North Korea."

I know where human rights come from just wondering if anyone else does ? Strictly speaking they arent really rights at all, more like privellages. And of course privellages can be taken away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The whole Irish situation within politics and religion is very very complicated, and feelings forever run deep about them. People tend to forget that the problems in Ireland go way back to the times of King Brian Boru and his tribe - the Borassians. This was when the first serious inter-tribal battles were fought in Ireland. This was around AD965.

There have been Kings and Queens, politicians and religious leaders who have all in the past tried to bring about a satisfactory conclusion to the whole situation - without much success.

I was in the Armed Forces during 'The Troubles' and served 2 years in Northern Ireland. My unit was based in County Down and that area was a hotbed of terrorist activities and recruitment. The modern Irish person doesn't care much for such history as above, but only interested in trying to dominate the people who have opposite religious beliefs to them. The only way they thought that they could achieve that was by violence. When the people who were identified as 'wanted' and were arrested, they inevitably wanted a lawyer to defend them. Mr. Finucane was one of those lawyers.

Not only were members of the IRA, PIRA and other organisations who professed the Catholic faith arrested, so were members of the UDA and others who professed the Protestant faith.

The majority claimed it was their 'rights' to murder and maim people in the opposite camp in the name of their religion, and try to gain political domination in the name of their faith.

Roll forward from The Troubles and what do we see? The likes of Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams in Irish mainstream politics. They may have nice suits and smooth patter but have their aims and ambitions become any the less since those days? Time will tell but having first hand experience of their strategies and ambitions I think not.

What is the point of requests from certain quarters for enquiries into Mr Finucane's death? What will be achieved by them? What has to be realised is that throughout history Governments around the world have always found ways to deal with perceived problems such as those that are contrary to the State's way of thinking. They also have been very adept at sidestepping/covering over the cirumstances of the resolutions of the perceived problem. Hence any challenges can usually be 'swept under the carpet' somehow.

Worms can come in extremely large cans.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was born in belfast left in 1987 aged 7 still go back at least once a year to see family and friends but as long as ive a hole in my ass there will never be peace too many small minded people on both sides of the divide like you say above feelings will forever run deep and every act is seen as an excuse to exact revenge itll be forever tit for tat

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"..........

What is the point of requests from certain quarters for enquiries into Mr Finucane's death? ...........

"

You don't think Geraldine is looking for some compo?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..........

What is the point of requests from certain quarters for enquiries into Mr Finucane's death? ...........

You don't think Geraldine is looking for some compo?"

if her husbands been murdered and its been covered up by the british which it has then shes entitled to it

Reply privately

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

How do you know that is true?

A question... A person has kidnapped a small child and placed them in a box that is running out of air. You only have 4 hours to save the child. You have the kidnapper but he won't tell you where the child is. Do you torture the details out of him or allow him his human rights and allow the child to die a slow, terrifying lonely death?"

Reply privately

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

at the end of the day he got what was coming to him;cant turn back the clock

lots of others deserve compo

like to see a few more in the legal

bis get the same oh and estate agents oh and bankers oh oh oh lots more

sharks out there

Reply privately

over a year ago

"at the end of the day he got what was coming to him;cant turn back the clock

sharks out there"

What a pathetic comment how did he get what was coming to him?? So any solicitor who defends a murder suspect should be shot dead infront of his family and it be covered up by the forces that be?? Climb back into your hole

Reply privately

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

lots of police and prison officers

had the same thing happen;

did they deserve it ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lots of police and prison officers

had the same thing happen;

did they deserve it ?"

no they did not

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

sharks out there

What a pathetic comment how did he get what was coming to him?? So any solicitor who defends a murder suspect should be shot dead infront of his family and it be covered up by the forces that be?? Climb back into your hole"

I think, or at least I hope, you know there was more to Finucane's 'professional' activities than that.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

sharks out there"

hi Ted, perhaps review your profile where you say 'normal outlook on life'..

the guy was a solicitor, he was no more deserving to being murdered as were the other professions you use..

as for estate agents etc....please

there are certain countries where gay and bisexual people are persecuted and are murdered also, just for their sexuality..

you equally ok with that i assume...???

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I think, or at least I hope, you know there was more to Finucane's 'professional' activities than that."

whatever any rumours were and lets be honest given his religion there will be 2 very different sides to any story..

did these 'activities' justify him being murdered..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think, or at least I hope, you know there was more to Finucane's 'professional' activities than that.

whatever any rumours were and lets be honest given his religion there will be 2 very different sides to any story..

did these 'activities' justify him being murdered..?

I'm proud 2 b, British. & a follower of the, Queen.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

"

elaborate perhaps?

Reply privately

over a year ago

sharks out there

What a pathetic comment how did he get what was coming to him?? So any solicitor who defends a murder suspect should be shot dead infront of his family and it be covered up by the forces that be?? Climb back into your hole

I think, or at least I hope, you know there was more to Finucane's 'professional' activities than that."

maybe you could elighten me was he shot because of his cases that involved ira men or because his 3 brothers were pira...no doubt your going to tell me he was only moonlighting as a solicitor his real role in life was right hand man to gerry adams in the pira army council...and i suppose the bloody sunday relatives should stop banging the drum because their loved ones werent innocent either and they got what was coming to them

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"

"

Or Protestant, as it's usually called in these types of threads...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

elaborate perhaps?"

Enemies of the state, shood b dealt with.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

elaborate perhaps?

Enemies of the state, shood b dealt with."

Enemies of the state? Ffs get a grip

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

elaborate perhaps?

Enemies of the state, shood b dealt with."

As per the law of the land fella, ie. with evidence that goes before a court and is tested..

lest we all end up at the same level of murderers and terrorists of whatever persuasion..

therein lies the road to anarchy..

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Enemies of the State should be dealt with in court, you're absolutely correct. Or is that not what you meant ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Im always in favour of treating barbaric enemies in the same way they treat others.

No idea or view about this guys though

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

I'll get me sash...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd, personally, like to hear more about the human rights of victims, rather than those of perpetrators.

I think to deserve human rights, people should behave with human decency.

Reply privately

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

strictly speaking the queen is an enemy of the state.

The queen swore an oath on her coronation which she is duty bound to uphold but does not.

This is treason.

It isnt a small matter. Her oath is extremely constitutionally important and she should not be queen.

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

sharks out there

I think, or at least I hope, you know there was more to Finucane's 'professional' activities than that.

maybe you could elighten me was he shot because of his cases that involved ira men or because his 3 brothers were pira...no doubt your going to tell me he was only moonlighting as a solicitor his real role in life was right hand man to gerry adams in the pira army council...and i suppose the bloody sunday relatives should stop banging the drum because their loved ones werent innocent either and they got what was coming to them "

Oh dear oh dear. Bit biased are we? Easy to see what side you are on. So Pat was not in the IRA himself then? Did not smuggle weapons in to IRA prisoners to KILL prison officers. What about KINGSMILLS? What about poor Jean mckonville? You no.. The poor mother of ten who Gerry Adams ordered to be DISSAPEARED?? Or as us decent human beings call MURDERED? Funny how Maskey and all IRA/seinn feiinn scum always want the Brits to apologise and always want the world to hear how bad the Brits are.. Yet there own leader still to this will not admit he was in the IRA, and murdered and tortured for years.. Get a life if you just wanna bash the Brits GROW A SET OFF BALLS AND SAY IT.. Where do you live by the way?? In the uk?? Pathetic thread, which is going to attract pathetic people

Reply privately

over a year ago

"strictly speaking the queen is an enemy of the state.

The queen swore an oath on her coronation which she is duty bound to uphold but does not.

This is treason.

It isnt a small matter. Her oath is extremely constitutionally important and she should not be queen. "

maybe she should be dealt with then

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am proud to be British as for the most part we are a tolerant and forward looking country. I am not a Royalist as I do not see the point from a financial or emotional perspective. Does that make me an enemy of the state?

If so then the lives of heroic British service men and women in past and present are being wasted if the state acts in the way it did with Finucane. Its was wrong plain and simple regardless of his ethicnic origin or his political and religious beliefs.

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

Human rights is for all. Not just the IRA and the scum that sit in pubs and cheer when they murder a prison officer or British soldier...

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Pathetic thread, which is going to attract pathetic people"

You just got to love irony lol..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pathetic thread, which is going to attract pathetic people

You just got to love irony lol.."

Indeed............!

Reply privately

over a year ago

And in walks ian paisleys love child ffs

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

You just got to love irony lol.."

Bit of irony as well here that there is not a thread on here about the irish government and the enquiry going on about there state forces collusion in killing 2 British policemen.. But hey ho let's live in Britain and not support our country from terrorist scum..

Reply privately

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

"strictly speaking the queen is an enemy of the state.

This is treason.

It isnt a small matter. Her oath is extremely constitutionally important and she should not be queen.

maybe she should be dealt with then "

Yes she should be dealt with. If you look into british law you would understand that a massive lie has been dealt to the british public.

The queen swore an oath on coronation that she would uphold the LAW of god. which in the uk is common law.

Police officers swear to serve the queen and uphold the law.

What passes for law now is all acts and statutes, which by there own legal definition are not laws.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Was born in South Armagh better known to some as Bandit country left in 1989 still go back at least once a year to see family and friends but as long as ive a hole in my ass there will never be peace too many small minded people on both sides of divide!"

Billy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Human rights is for all. Not just the IRA and the scum that sit in pubs and cheer when they murder a prison officer or British soldier..."

ive never cheered anybody being killed if you look back up the thread youll see how i feel about anybody being murdered wether it be police army man woman child catholic or protestant i maybe an irish catholic but ive never been a bigot or sectarian i hate it in any shape or form

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

"And in walks ian paisleys love child ffs "

Aye I walked in after you Gerry the murderers love child left the door open. So your living in uk, now let's just get this straight.. And you are a supporter of the IRA who kill British soldiers? You lift a drink in the pub every time a Brit soldier gets killed?? Please tell the truth..?

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

"Human rights is for all. Not just the IRA and the scum that sit in pubs and cheer when they murder a prison officer or British soldier...

ive never cheered anybody being killed if you look back up the thread youll see how i feel about anybody being murdered wether it be police army man woman child catholic or protestant i maybe an irish catholic but ive never been a bigot or sectarian i hate it in any shape or form "

Right right, looking back up the thread it wasn't you who mentioned paisleys love child then?? Right right.. Another one who is never wrong.

Reply privately

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

just to hi jack this thread a min

and ask;how do we feel about ;

the deaths on the rock same thing

in a way?peaple got what was comeing to them discuss

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

"just to hi jack this thread a min

in a way?peaple got what was comeing to them discuss"

People got what was coming to them you say?? Interesting. My reply would be this.. Have a look at all the facts. We are talking here about an active IRA murder squad. So, got what was coming to them?? I really don't know what your saying or trying to support? Let's say it never happened the a week later an under car bomb went off on the rock and killed children holiday makers, and women, like at omagh. Oh and let me be very clear here for you, an active IRA murder squad when setting off an undercar bomb to kill British wont just kill kill women and children. It will be a bloodbath, with kids limbs ripped apart and scattered for miles. So let me get this clear. Are you trying to glorify murdering terrorists? Or just trying to cause tension and trouble. Take yourself off and have a look at the impact of war on ordinary people, and my point in this whole thread is that it affects both sides.. So have a good look at some facts of war and the devastation it causes on both sides before jumping on a band wagon of who was done the worst injustice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

People got what was coming to them you say?? Interesting. My reply would be this.. Have a look at all the facts. We are talking here about an active IRA murder squad. So, got what was coming to them?? I really don't know what your saying or trying to support? Let's say it never happened the a week later an under car bomb went off on the rock and killed children holiday makers, and women, like at omagh. Oh and let me be very clear here for you, an active IRA murder squad when setting off an undercar bomb to kill British wont just kill kill women and children. It will be a bloodbath, with kids limbs ripped apart and scattered for miles. So let me get this clear. Are you trying to glorify murdering terrorists? Or just trying to cause tension and trouble. Take yourself off and have a look at the impact of war on ordinary people, and my point in this whole thread is that it affects both sides.. So have a good look at some facts of war and the devastation it causes on both sides before jumping on a band wagon of who was done the worst injustice. "

Violence from whatever quarter solves nothing. I think the point being made about the Gib incident is that the suspects could heve been arrested and the courts would hve dceided on their guilt or innocence. Dont you see that is what sets normal folk apart frpm people who persue indiscriminate violence, which was purpertrated on Finucane.......a vicious circle that has to stop? That said we will eventually have to talk to the Taliban and the Shieits and all other people out there who feel that violence is the only way. The point of this thread was to ask if the goverment should be held accountable for its actions.

Reply privately

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

People got what was coming to them you say?? Interesting. My reply would be this.. Have a look at all the facts. We are talking here about an active IRA murder squad. So, got what was coming to them?? I really don't know what your saying or trying to support? Let's say it never happened the a week later an under car bomb went off on the rock and killed children holiday makers, and women, like at omagh. Oh and let me be very clear here for you, an active IRA murder squad when setting off an undercar bomb to kill British wont just kill kill women and children. It will be a bloodbath, with kids limbs ripped apart and scattered for miles. So let me get this clear. Are you trying to glorify murdering terrorists? Or just trying to cause tension and trouble. Take yourself off and have a look at the impact of war on ordinary people, and my point in this whole thread is that it affects both sides.. So have a good look at some facts of war and the devastation it causes on both sides before jumping on a band wagon of who was done the worst injustice. "

just saying how do you feel there human rights are the same as others according to some librals .I have no feelings one way or tother on this being anglo saxon

and no ties to ni.i would agree if you take up arms as in live by the sword but

it is the same thing killings done in the name of the state .do you not agree

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Human rights is for all. Not just the IRA and the scum that sit in pubs and cheer when they murder a prison officer or British soldier...

ive never cheered anybody being killed if you look back up the thread youll see how i feel about anybody being murdered wether it be police army man woman child catholic or protestant i maybe an irish catholic but ive never been a bigot or sectarian i hate it in any shape or form

Right right, looking back up the thread it wasn't you who mentioned paisleys love child then?? Right right.. Another one who is never wrong. "

never wrong?? Im a bigot because i called you paisleys love child? If im a bigot them wee rants youve spun off must make you a bigger bigot than big ian himself...bore off with the live in uk ffs they dont even want youse ffs so stop runnin round rioting because your wee flags been brought down

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And in walks ian paisleys love child ffs

Aye I walked in after you Gerry the murderers love child left the door open. So your living in uk, now let's just get this straight.. And you are a supporter of the IRA who kill British soldiers? You lift a drink in the pub every time a Brit soldier gets killed?? Please tell the truth..?"

oh and ive never supported the ira in my life...youse people tar everyone with the same brush every catholics an ira sympathiser..get a grip

Reply privately

over a year ago

Belfast 1988. Two off duty British soldiers were dragged from their car and brutally tortured and murdered. And it was all captured on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIP-aVfw13w

So an IRA solicitor got murdered. So fookin what. What I saw unfold on TV that day left me sickened to my stomach and any sympathy I might have felt for victims of violence on the provos side evaporated absolutely and completely and it has never resurfaced.

Reply privately

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

that was indeed a defineing moment

for most in the uk.

this thing with the flag is just shit stiring

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Bit of irony as well here that there is not a thread on here about the irish government and the enquiry going on about there state forces collusion in killing 2 British policemen.. But hey ho let's live in Britain and not support our country from terrorist scum.."

i have my Queens shilling, did two tours late 70's and early 80's..

acting like the murderer's be they orange or green is not how a civilised society deals with what or whom someone perceives as a 'problem'..

we top him or her, they slot her or him and we all go to hell in a handcart..

if you cant see that then thats a bit sad fella..

'we' the British by and large as a population are thankfully not at that level, imho..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"that was indeed a defineing moment

for most in the uk.

this thing with the flag is just shit stiring "

Irish reunification is merely a matter of time and not flying the Union Flag is a prelude to that start of that process.

The world is not built around empires anymore. Humanity has technology enough available to help smaller collectives of peoples to hold their own on the world stage, and there are global organisations that protect the smaller states from rogue neighbours. If the Rep of Ireland wants to be unified with the North, and the majority in the North want it too (I'm not saying they do now, but they will one day) then who is the UK to go against Irish people wanting a unified island.

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

If you think you can answer this by saying do you not think they could if been arrested and brought before the courts. I answer you this. I was not there, I was not standing feet away from what could be armed terrorists intent in there whole daily life's to kill anything British in the most brutal way. I was not looking into the eyes of these brutal killers. I don't know how I would of reacted in a situation like that. I think you should not overlook the immense pressure in a situation like that. Again the facts are there this was a brutal IRA terrorist murder squad. May I ask you where was the IRA arrests? They didn't arrest anyone, they planted bombs to kill women and children and did not take prisoners??. I will refer you to last post again. Don't try and pick sides as to who was the worst here. War affects both sides more terribly than we will ever no. Picking up on what the Brits done wrong all the time is bullshit, and usually republican IRA supporters who instigate it to further there anti everything British propaganda agenda. If I continue to hear the British done this wrong and the British done this wrong, and don't talk about the murder and maiming we done wrong I will continue to try and educate people to the fact that BOTH sides done wrong, and if you want to punish the British expect questions and punishments for your crimes. May I also ask to look online now. Today, it's online in the daily mail, the IRA TERRORISTS planted a bomb in Belfast city centre today in a transit van, thankfully it only partially went off. They gave a shitty warning which the police could not decifer very well. Therefore as you can imagine on a busy Xmas shopping this could of been a blood bath again. I do not think people Xmas shopping today wanted to be blown to pieces do you? What did they do wrong? Look it up, then please step forward if you are an IRA supporter..

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

And here we have the Scottish bigots getting their bit in again religious bigots are almost as much a curse in some parts of Scotland as they are in Ireland.

Inoccents on both sides of the divide were murdered by terrorists from the IRA, UDA, UVF etc the majority of folk from both sides of the border wanted nothing to do with madness that blighted their country.

Also it suited the paramilitaries as they regarded it as a businness and believe it or not coluded heavily with each other and all to do with making money they are all into drug dealing etc

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

Right right, looking back up the thread it wasn't you who mentioned paisleys love child then?? Right right.. Another one who is never wrong.

never wrong?? Im a bigot because i called you paisleys love child? If im a bigot them wee rants youve spun off must make you a bigger bigot than big ian himself...bore off with the live in uk ffs they dont even want youse ffs so stop runnin round rioting because your wee flags been brought down "

What do you mean they don't even want youse ffs? Want me? I'm from Portsmouth sunshine?? Your not sectarian?? Ok course your not. And who mentioned the flag? Uneducated?

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

Aye I walked in after you Gerry the murderers love child left the door open. So your living in uk, now let's just get this straight.. And you are a supporter of the IRA who kill British soldiers? You lift a drink in the pub every time a Brit soldier gets killed?? Please tell the truth..?

oh and ive never supported the ira in my life...youse people tar everyone with the same brush every catholics an ira sympathiser..get a grip "

Again... Youse people??? Do you mean someone who is not the same religion as you? Bigot? Sectarian? I'm from England, and thank who ever, not god, that I was brought up without a religion. Not doing yourself any favours...

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Bit of irony as well here that there is not a thread on here about the irish government and the enquiry going on about there state forces collusion in killing 2 British policemen.. But hey ho let's live in Britain and not support our country from terrorist scum..

i have my Queens shilling, did two tours late 70's and early 80's..

acting like the murderer's be they orange or green is not how a civilised society deals with what or whom someone perceives as a 'problem'..

we top him or her, they slot her or him and we all go to hell in a handcart..

if you cant see that then thats a bit sad fella..

'we' the British by and large as a population are thankfully not at that level, imho.."

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh and ive never supported the ira in my life...youse people tar everyone with the same brush every catholics an ira sympathiser..get a grip

Again... Youse people??? Do you mean someone who is not the same religion as you? Bigot? Sectarian? I'm from England, and thank who ever, not god, that I was brought up without a religion. Not doing yourself any favours..."

i think youll find through this post on more than one occasion ive said i dont agree with the killings of people be they army psni prison officers man woman child catholic or protestant...i think the little rants youve had have been so anti republican and 1 sided its unbelievable..yet im a bigot?

Wise up "sunshine"

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Belfast 1988. Two off duty British soldiers were dragged from their car and brutally tortured and murdered. And it was all captured on camera.

So an IRA solicitor got murdered. So fookin what. What I saw unfold on TV that day left me sickened to my stomach and any sympathy I might have felt for victims of violence on the provos side evaporated absolutely and completely and it has never resurfaced. "

Wishy i watched the helicam footage in an ops room, wearing the uniform of the Crown..

the guys were in the wrong place at the wrong time, many of us had taken others 'down the falls' en route to wherever ...

on that day at that time they should not have been in that place with what was going on..

it was a fuck up for which they paid with their lives..

and it was disgusting to see..

someone with us actually said '12 for them the last one for me' being the standard 9mm carry..

most of us fully agreed..

and to be honest who knows how each of us would react in that situation, and if the two guys had have started dropping the crowd whether a qrf would have been sent in..

i still firmly believe that what happened to Finucane was totally and fundamentally wrong..

we are or should be above murderers and terrorists as 'a society', if we are at their level..they have won..

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

Again... Youse people??? Do you mean someone who is not the same religion as you? Bigot? Sectarian? I'm from England, and thank who ever, not god, that I was brought up without a religion. Not doing yourself any favours...

i think youll find through this post on more than one occasion ive said i dont agree with the killings of people be they army psni prison officers man woman child catholic or protestant...i think the little rants youve had have been so anti republican and 1 sided its unbelievable..yet im a bigot?

Wise up "sunshine""

Your entitled to your opinion sunshine. I don't need to argue with you anymore, your posts are there for everyone to see.

Reply privately

By *arveygirthycockMan
over a year ago

town

Wise up "sunshine""

Sorry sorry, last one, couldn't resist, REPUBLICAN, as you mention. Just for everyone here, that would be the ones who planted another bomb in Belfast today..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh dear oh dear. Bit biased are we? Easy to see what side you are on. So Pat was not in the IRA himself then? Did not smuggle weapons in to IRA prisoners to KILL prison officers. What about KINGSMILLS? What about poor Jean mckonville? You no.. The poor mother of ten who Gerry Adams ordered to be DISSAPEARED?? Or as us decent human beings call MURDERED? Funny how Maskey and all IRA/seinn feiinn scum always want the Brits to apologise and always want the world to hear how bad the Brits are.. Yet there own leader still to this will not admit he was in the IRA, and murdered and tortured for years.. Get a life if you just wanna bash the Brits GROW A SET OFF BALLS AND SAY IT.. Where do you live by the way?? In the uk?? Pathetic thread, which is going to attract pathetic people"

Yes i am which is all i was giving till you jumped in with the above like you said the quotes are there for all to see

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hope your not suggesting im a republican?? Because your sorely wrong i stated your rants were anti republican not that i was republican...glad the people reading these wont be as wooden headed as yourself and see the difference in my statement

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Just to add a little into the mix. I'm sure I read his widow is protestant....

A friend of my father is from NI. He told us many years ago... It will never end too many people are making a lot of money from the troubles and they don't want it to end. There are also a lot of people who get their power through violence. Without guns and bombs they would be pathetic little men with nothing and no fear or respect. They don't want it to end....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Belfast 1988. Two off duty British soldiers were dragged from their car and brutally tortured and murdered. And it was all captured on camera.

So an IRA solicitor got murdered. So fookin what. What I saw unfold on TV that day left me sickened to my stomach and any sympathy I might have felt for victims of violence on the provos side evaporated absolutely and completely and it has never resurfaced. "

Dear o Dear......?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So an IRA solicitor got murdered. So fookin what. What I saw unfold on TV that day left me sickened to my stomach and any sympathy I might have felt for victims of violence on the provos side evaporated absolutely and completely and it has never resurfaced.

Wishy i watched the helicam footage in an ops room, wearing the uniform of the Crown..

the guys were in the wrong place at the wrong time, many of us had taken others 'down the falls' en route to wherever ...

on that day at that time they should not have been in that place with what was going on..

it was a fuck up for which they paid with their lives..

and it was disgusting to see..

someone with us actually said '12 for them the last one for me' being the standard 9mm carry..

most of us fully agreed..

and to be honest who knows how each of us would react in that situation, and if the two guys had have started dropping the crowd whether a qrf would have been sent in..

i still firmly believe that what happened to Finucane was totally and fundamentally wrong..

we are or should be above murderers and terrorists as 'a society', if we are at their level..they have won.."

You should run for office as you speak with assurance

Reply privately

over a year ago

So an IRA solicitor got murdered. So fookin what. What I saw unfold on TV that day left me sickened to my stomach and any sympathy I might have felt for victims of violence on the provos side evaporated absolutely and completely and it has never resurfaced. Dear o Dear......?"

you know fuck all about the goings on in Northern Ireland!!!!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"..........you know fuck all about the goings on in Northern Ireland!!!!"

If only they'd kept the goings on in Northern Ireland to Northern Ireland things might well have been different.

Blow up a couple of weans in Warrington and don't be too surprised if your house of cards comes tumbling down around you ears.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..........you know fuck all about the goings on in Northern Ireland!!!!

If only they'd kept the goings on in Northern Ireland to Northern Ireland things might well have been different.

Blow up a couple of weans in Warrington and don't be too surprised if your house of cards comes tumbling down around you ears."

Don't talk shite that you know jack shit about! i was born and reared in South Armagh (Bandit country) and know what i saw and witnessed!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Blow up a couple of weans in Warrington and don't be too surprised if your house of cards comes tumbling down around you ears.

Don't talk shite that you know jack shit about! i was born and reared in South Armagh (Bandit country) and know what i saw and witnessed!"

Leaving aside my career in the Forces, I know the parents of Jonathan Ball, the younger of the children blown up in Warrington.

I suggest YOU'RE the ones talking shite.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't talk shite that you know jack shit about! i was born and reared in South Armagh (Bandit country) and know what i saw and witnessed!

Leaving aside my career in the Forces, I know the parents of Jonathan Ball, the younger of the children blown up in Warrington.

I suggest YOU'RE the ones talking shite."

Oh! blow it out your ass its people like the parrys and balls that want to make money out of what happened! not interested in the facts! yes its sad kids got caught up in it! but wars war wether it be northern ireland, England ot Iraq! inocent people get hurt! you should know you're an ex service man!!!!!!!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

I suggest YOU'RE the ones talking shite. Oh! blow it out your ass its people like the parrys and balls that want to make money out of what happened! not interested in the facts! yes its sad kids got caught up in it! but wars war wether it be northern ireland, England ot Iraq! inocent people get hurt! you should know you're an ex service man!!!!!!!"

You may be right about the Parry family. Jonathan's folks never made a dime out of their situation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I suggest YOU'RE the ones talking shite. Oh! blow it out your ass its people like the parrys and balls that want to make money out of what happened! not interested in the facts! yes its sad kids got caught up in it! but wars war wether it be northern ireland, England ot Iraq! inocent people get hurt! you should know you're an ex service man!!!!!!!

You may be right about the Parry family. Jonathan's folks never made a dime out of their situation.

"

I suggest YOU'RE the ones talking shite. Oh! blow it out your ass its people like the parrys and balls that want to make money out of what happened! not interested in the facts! yes its sad kids got caught up in it! but wars war wether it be northern ireland, England ot Iraq! inocent people get hurt! you should know you're an ex service man!!!!!!!

[quote Yeah yeah yeah course they didn't!But listen i'm not getting into an arguement with you! we BOTH KNOW things happened in N. Ireland that shouldn't have happened and as long as there are people on both sides of the divide who won't let things rest there will never be peace in what could be and is a very finiancial viable country! I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND NOTHING WOULD PLEASE ME MORE THAN TO SEE TOTAL REST, PEACE AND HARMONY ON BOTH SIDES OF THE DEVIDE!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Well, I couldn't have forseen the extent to which bampots on any side of the divide would come down, far less make such arseholes of themselves online.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i assume you are refering to yourself? at the end of the day like it or not you are a celt wether it be orange or green! anyway i have more inportant things in life to worry about than the past of Northern Ireland! its the future thats important to me! And i would hope the same applies to yourself rather than dwelling on the past wether it be Parrys, Balls of finucane!

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Hmmm this is going well

Reply privately