Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Brrrrr, boiler has died!!Typical its Christmas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My boiler has died and Im sitting in bed in very unsexy jeans T shirt and fluffy bathrobe Brrrrr!!

My dishwasher had to be mended 2 days ago too!

Dont you find that machines develop a life of their own near Christmas?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

I feel your pain as mine packed in the other week. I'd been meaning to take out insurance against it but hadn't got round to it after moving house, so got stung with a higher "fixed fee repair" from the manufacturer than I would've paid if I'd contacted them before it broke.

Argos were doing electric blankets cheaply not so long ago, if that's any use to you

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I feel your pain as mine packed in the other week. I'd been meaning to take out insurance against it but hadn't got round to it after moving house, so got stung with a higher "fixed fee repair" from the manufacturer than I would've paid if I'd contacted them before it broke.

Argos were doing electric blankets cheaply not so long ago, if that's any use to you "

I have insurance cover with for my boiler, learnt my lesson the hard way with over £500 in two months several years ago

over a year ago

Sympathise with you, had same last week, mines sorted now, but was a bleak cold few days

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

Yes we have insurance covering g all our kitchen appliances plus boiler and central heating system. Worth their weight in gold.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Yes we have insurance covering g all our kitchen appliances plus boiler and central heating system. Worth their weight in gold."

We've got that with BG...first time we had to have the boiler fixed it paid for about the first 3 years in advance !

over a year ago

"My boiler has died and Im sitting in bed in very unsexy jeans T shirt and fluffy bathrobe Brrrrr!!

My dishwasher had to be mended 2 days ago too!

Dont you find that machines develop a life of their own near Christmas?"

Boilers have an in-built mechanism that causes them to stop working just before Christmas, ours went on Christmas Eve last year. However it is fixed now and we also have a roaring open fire so please feel free to come and stop with us, I will pump up the airbed in the spare room.

over a year ago

I had to purchase a new washing machine a couple of weeks ago. It wouldn't drain properly and I'd stripped it down and cleaned everything numerous times but each time the fault returned after a couple of days.

After the new one had arrived and I'd installed it I noticed a small piece of plastic in the drainage pipe of the old one that I'd somehow missed and was the cause of all the problems!

I ended up selling it on eBay, apparently it works perfectly!

Post new Message to Thread