Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

aaaaaaaaaagh ....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Had a super douper brainwave last week to get more heat into my lounge, get another rad put in I thought .......... so planned the place and needed to move a cupboard to put that where I wanted it I needed to move a drawer unit and move another cupboard along but after measuring - worked out it would fit. Then worked out there was a plug socket behind original cupboard .......... so arranged for an electrician to call tomorrow to move this socket ............

emptied out cupboard, emptied out under the stairs so fuse board can be accessed, moved now empty cupboard and .........................

lo and behold ........... no socket ............ bum bum bum all this effort and the sodding thing isnt there in the first place .............

I so love my brilliant brainwaves ....... so dont need the electrician tomorrow - need the plumber now .........

is it bedtime yet? !!!!! lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

tis for me - i feel worn out after reading all that effort

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

How does moving the cupboard lead to the plumber? I think I got lost somewhere.

over a year ago

what is it with you and electrics??????????? just stay on here and you will be safe,

over a year ago

I have two electric oil-filled radiators I wheel round the house to wherever I want a boost to the central heating, they are portable, have thermostats and plug in anywhere. They only cost me £25 and £35.

over a year ago

"How does moving the cupboard lead to the plumber? I think I got lost somewhere."

cos I believed there was a socket behind the cupboard which would need to be moved before the new rad could go on the wall and be plumbed in ........ no plug = no electrician needed - instead I need the plumber to do the rad ..........

over a year ago

If you want more heat in your lounge improve your loft insulation and make sure a lot of stuff isn't in the loft space above.

over a year ago

i did think that , after moving stuff and 'thinking' there was a socket i would have got a plug in heater for the colder months only and shifted it away - but seeing as socket doesnt exist forget that - this is if ive read and understood it all correctly

over a year ago

Minxie - for your own sanity and ours - just stick a thick bloody jumper on over a onesie!

By *ady4ladyWoman
over a year ago

liverpool

Im dreaming of a white socket.....la la la la la la la la ...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Minxie i would go with Laine's idea..

would not start to mess about with the heating system at this time of year unless it had packed up tbh..

By * starr -Woman
over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

maybe you could entertain the electrician OP???

over a year ago

"i did think that , after moving stuff and 'thinking' there was a socket i would have got a plug in heater for the colder months only and shifted it away - but seeing as socket doesnt exist forget that - this is if ive read and understood it all correctly "

yep u have lol

over a year ago

"Minxie - for your own sanity and ours - just stick a thick bloody jumper on over a onesie! "

I dont have a onesie lol

over a year ago

"i did think that , after moving stuff and 'thinking' there was a socket i would have got a plug in heater for the colder months only and shifted it away - but seeing as socket doesnt exist forget that - this is if ive read and understood it all correctly

yep u have lol "

get me

over a year ago

"Minxie i would go with Laine's idea..

would not start to mess about with the heating system at this time of year unless it had packed up tbh..

"

I am not gonna mess with it ....... I am gonna get a trained plumber lol and if it goes wrong I am on contract with BG lol

over a year ago

"maybe you could entertain the electrician OP???"

nah ......... someone else can make use of him ........... I am on the plumber now ........lol well not literally lol

over a year ago

in Lancashire

I am not gonna mess with it ....... I am gonna get a trained plumber lol and if it goes wrong I am on contract with BG lol "

did'nt for a moment think that you were about to..

over a year ago

we actually destroyed our kitchen - just so we could have - the cooker of my dreams - which was an old fashioned range type cooker..

so - you go for it.. its your house

over a year ago

I am not gonna mess with it ....... I am gonna get a trained plumber lol and if it goes wrong I am on contract with BG lol

"

nope I dont play with electrics or plumbing anymore not after the last time ............ when it all went BANG lol

over a year ago

"we actually destroyed our kitchen - just so we could have - the cooker of my dreams - which was an old fashioned range type cooker..

so - you go for it.. its your house "

i just think my timing might be a tad stoooopid lol but after its done I will have room for the christmas tree too lol

over a year ago

It's beginning to look a lot like a fuck up....

over a year ago

"we actually destroyed our kitchen - just so we could have - the cooker of my dreams - which was an old fashioned range type cooker..

i just think my timing might be a tad stoooopid lol but after its done I will have room for the christmas tree too lol "

how big is this space, do you get an echo??

over a year ago

in Lancashire

nope I dont play with electrics or plumbing anymore not after the last time ............ when it all went BANG lol "

there are good and bad bangs lol..

By *ornishBiLoverMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

Open the door to the electrician tomorrow wearing a rather sensual little black number and I am sure he wont mind in the slightest that you have no plug socket heehee

over a year ago

i just think my timing might be a tad stoooopid lol but after its done I will have room for the christmas tree too lol "

hey - if you can get the xmas tree in as well !! go for it..

never mind about the holes in the walls and constant dust everywhere for weeks on end.. x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Isn't this the busy time of year for the plumbers? You have working heating now and it seems a bit risky to start a job like this just before Christmas. You could have a hole in the wall, no heating and lots of dust until the New Year.

over a year ago

Its one rad, two little holes in the wall and bingo heated room ........ I would do it myself but ................ I think that might be a tad to much for me lol

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Its one rad, two little holes in the wall and bingo heated room ........ I would do it myself but ................ I think that might be a tad to much for me lol "

Doesn't it need to have some pipes running under the floor boards too?

over a year ago

"Its one rad, two little holes in the wall and bingo heated room ........ I would do it myself but ................ I think that might be a tad to much for me lol "
just remember the trouble you had with a bulb in cooker....... need i say more?

Post new Message to Thread