Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Apollo Moon Landings

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Was it all a huge hoax. The programme tonight makes you wonder?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No. Conspiracy theories are best left to the paranoid

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 12/12/12 21:41:08]

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Oi you! How very dare you name yourself after my home town

Of course the Moon landings were faked, I've seen Wallace and Gromit's Grand Day Out and there's no sign of any cheese based products when Neil Armstrong is poncing about on the "moon"

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"No. Conspiracy theories are best left to the paranoid"

there can be no whitewash,at the white house.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Funny, I heard someone whispering that today. I was in the middle of an empty field when.....

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"No. Conspiracy theories are best left to the paranoid

Funny, I heard someone whispering that today. I was in the middle of an empty field when....."

Just cos you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

over a year ago

Well we shall find out if one of these new countrys send someone out there and they come back looking like charcoal ...........

Were they faked mmmmm with America anything's possible , our technology has really advanced lately , there our a lot of people out there with very powerful telescopes that can actually see these landers so its beginning to look like they did actually go ......maybe they fucked up the pics the first time and redid them to save face lol.

By *ornishBiLoverMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

The moon landings were real, there are many conspiracy theories around, a lot have been disproven.

If such a thing was faked how long do you think they could keep the sharade going with the Russians all too keen to disprove it and the 12 astronauts who would be instant billionaires if they suddenly started saying it was all a hoax.

over a year ago

"

The moon landings were real, there are many conspiracy theories around, a lot have been disproven.

If such a thing was faked how long do you think they could keep the sharade going with the Russians all too keen to disprove it and the 12 astronauts who would be instant billionaires if they suddenly started saying it was all a hoax.

"

Hit the nail on the head there! There was hundreds of Americans involved in that project, and the Russians were watching everything. If there was any doubt, it would have came out at the time! The Russians were desperate to be first and would do anything to discredit NASA. the disproving of the conspiracies just ended the argument for me!

over a year ago

Ok. Different question. Was some of the footage/photos faked?

over a year ago

"Ok. Different question. Was some of the footage/photos faked?"
Probably airbrushed with the technology at the time. I agree if it was a hoax it was a good one!!

By *oobsCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

As Mitchell and Webb so beautifully pointed out in a fantastic sketch there was no point in faking it as the only difference in the cost of not going was the cost of the catering for the crew!!

over a year ago

The only good thing to come out of the moon landing conspiracy claims was when Buzz Aldrin punched the annoying little shit who ambushed him with a film crew and then accused him of being a liar, cheat and thief. Priceless viewing! Look it up on youtube.

over a year ago

"Ok. Different question. Was some of the footage/photos faked?Probably airbrushed with the technology at the time. I agree if it was a hoax it was a good one!!"

Lol you can't airbrush a negative, there was no digital photography in those days!

over a year ago

"Ok. Different question. Was some of the footage/photos faked?Probably airbrushed with the technology at the time. I agree if it was a hoax it was a good one!!

Lol you can't airbrush a negative, there was no digital photography in those days! "

Mae West famously had all her photos 'fixed' to give her the then popular hourglass figure, so there clearly was some way to do it

over a year ago

"Ok. Different question. Was some of the footage/photos faked?Probably airbrushed with the technology at the time. I agree if it was a hoax it was a good one!!

Lol you can't airbrush a negative, there was no digital photography in those days!

Mae West famously had all her photos 'fixed' to give her the then popular hourglass figure, so there clearly was some way to do it

"

Before digital photography brought about digital editing, negatives and prints were directly altered through a variety of techniques. Airbrushing was probably the most popular of these techniques....

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

There's an interesting chapter in a book I've just finished by Guy Harrison called '50 Popular Beliefs That people Think Are True' that deals with the Moon-landing conspiracies. All the theories they have can be easily debunked !

There's a great little iPad App from the Metropolitan Museum of Art called Faking It that shows what could be done with photo manipulation pre-digital/Photoshop.

It's on the App Store.

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

Another interesting theory.

Anyone watched Apollo 18????

Thee are a lot of things go on in this world in the name of science we will NEVER EVER know about now or in the future, I am a great believer in we went to the moon, till someone comes along with actual evidence or someone actually comes out and says no we did not I will believe we did.

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

Before digital photography brought about digital editing, negatives and prints were directly altered through a variety of techniques. Airbrushing was probably the most popular of these techniques.... "

Yes alot of people think you get a negative and print the picture and what you see in the negative is what you get in the picture.

There is just as much could be done with a neg as what can be done by a decent amature in photoshop.

over a year ago

I love all the speculation by some groups on the Illuminati. Lizard people according to David Icke which include the royal family. Highly intriguing although I don't know if I would stretch my interest to any place close to belief.

over a year ago

Before digital photography brought about digital editing, negatives and prints were directly altered through a variety of techniques. Airbrushing was probably the most popular of these techniques....

Yes alot of people think you get a negative and print the picture and what you see in the negative is what you get in the picture.

There is just as much could be done with a neg as what can be done by a decent amature in photoshop.

"

Could these picture (BBC Wesite) be doctored?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14813043

over a year ago

I find it stretches credibility much to far so sorry no I can't believe...

That hundreds of people in the USA have kept a secret for all these years, therefore the moon landings must have been real

By *coobyroo218Couple
over a year ago

Guernsey

Could these picture (BBC Wesite) be doctored?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14813043"

Anything is possible this day and age with a photo.

I will be totally honest unless I see it with my own eyes I believe nothing that is put on the tv or shown to me in a pic that has controversial attached to it

over a year ago

I’m happy to accept the Apollo programme succeeded in landing men on the moon….

But I also believe there is perhaps good reason to think some of the photographic imagery associated with those landings may have been manufactured or re-produced on this planet ….!.

over a year ago

Well the whole thing was tracked by Bernard Lovell in the UK.

They recorded Russian attempts to scoop the news from the USA by landing an unmanned craft LUNA15 on the same day.

Unfortunately that crashed and was never mentioned by the Russians.

The Eagle did land and take off and was tracked doing so from Cheshire.

over a year ago

I like to think of myself as a bit of a fox mulder. Lol. Conspiracy theories I love them. Whether true or not both sides of each story have great arguments. Appollo moon landings, area 51, Roswell, twin towers, aliens, ufos, loch ness monster etc etc. My one thing with the Apollo moon landings is why NASA haven't been back to the moon after appollo 17. Technology has advance so much in the past decades.

I've seen Apollo 18 the film and I'm pretty sure that's not the reason NASA never went back to the moon lol although was a really good film.

over a year ago

With the quality of telescopes these days how come nobody has posted photos of the junk the Apollo missions left behind on the moon then huh huh huh??

over a year ago

"I’m happy to accept the Apollo programme succeeded in landing men on the moon….

But I also believe there is perhaps good reason to think some of the photographic imagery associated with those landings may have been manufactured or re-produced on this planet ….!. "

I think Kodak fucked the negatives up when Neil put his holiday snaps in for processing so they had to restage it all on earth.

over a year ago

Well it is 384,400 km to the moon.

Try looking for a piece of space junk a few square feet in size at that distance.

Even todays telescopes would have a bit of a struggle to get a clear definable pic, without cheating

By *rumCoupleCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

With the quality of telescopes these days how come nobody has posted photos of the junk the Apollo missions left behind on the moon then huh huh huh?? "

http://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/2009/06/25/the-apollo-moon-hoax-why-havent-any-pictures-been-taken-of-the-landing-sites/

over a year ago

With the quality of telescopes these days how come nobody has posted photos of the junk the Apollo missions left behind on the moon then huh huh huh?? "

Look at the various web sites Huh?

over a year ago

There are photographs of the landing sites from an orbital lunar craft. They are as clear as they can be. Laser pulses are being bounced back from a reflector placed on an Apollo landing site, and Apollo 12 landed near the unmanned Surveyor 3 lunar lander, sent a few years beforehand. Over 40,000 NASA staff involved. Russians never revealed any hoax, neither did investigative journalists. By now, it would have been found out if it was.

Post new Message to Thread