Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

O2

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just want a bit of advice to be honest. Just got a email from O2 saying they are putting the cost of my tariff up to cover the cost of inflation which they state is 3.2% yet I thought inflation was at 2.7% set in October. It's not going up much only by .£1.50 a month but its the principle, I asked to change my plan in summer as not using the amount of mins I'm paying for but they refused to change my tariff. Am I within my rights to cancel now? It does say in the r&c that if they quote the wrong rates I can cancel within 30 days of being told. Anyone had the same mail??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Usually there is a inflation rise clause in a phone contract. You can complain but is it worth spending hours over? Just tell them you are unhappy and won't be renewing if they do put it up. Loyalty has to be worth £150 to them surely.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Yes they can adjust the tarif to match the inflation. If you question them about the 0.5% over the actual inflation, some clever staff will tell you to add the bank of england interest which is at 0.5%...that is what a company tried to explain to me...

Yo can't cancel all. You will have to pay them or buy off your contract. Depend of how long oyou been with them and who you talk to, they can offer you a cheaper deal even before the you are due for upgrade or downgrade

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

ther terms and conditions usually say 'subject to variation' .. they can alter text allowances using this.

There must be some kind of opt out clause though as the original agreement you signed up for is now no longer what you will be paying.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

That's one big tariff you have in the 1st place if £1.50 equates to 3.2% !

over a year ago

"That's one big tariff you have in the 1st place if £1.50 equates to 3.2% !"
. I quite agree I don't get how they worked it out at all. Currently I pay £35.00 a month they say my bill will go up to £37.50 a month. It's really confused me unless they have got the math wrong. It clearly says its a rise of £1.50 which equates to 3.2% inflation. When it's a raise of £2.50 on my bill or am I seeing it all wrong?

over a year ago

I work out that if its a 3.2% inflation rise it would be £1.12 extra.

By *omnlynneCouple
over a year ago

milton keynes

dont forget they probably included VAT in the £1.50

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"That's one big tariff you have in the 1st place if £1.50 equates to 3.2% !. I quite agree I don't get how they worked it out at all. Currently I pay £35.00 a month they say my bill will go up to £37.50 a month. It's really confused me unless they have got the math wrong. It clearly says its a rise of £1.50 which equates to 3.2% inflation. When it's a raise of £2.50 on my bill or am I seeing it all wrong? "

Well if you take vat off £35 then apply the 3.2% increase, then add on vat again it's still only £36.11.

Something is not quite right ! Think I have that right. Lager doesn't help my maths that well

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

wheres carol vorderman wen u need her ??

over a year ago

Taxed on the tax Um? Sounds about right for 02!

over a year ago

35.00 / 100 x 20 = 7.00 (20% vat)

35.00 - 7.00 = 28.00 (-vat)

28.00 / 100 = 0.28p (1%)

1.50 / 0.28 = 5.35%

2.50 / 0.28 = 8.9%

----------------------------

methinks someone isn't telling you the truth about how much your bill is rising by.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Summit wrong with your 1st line wishy.

Shouldn't that be divided by 120 to get back to the true original tariff minus vat?

over a year ago

"Summit wrong with your 1st line wishy.

Shouldn't that be divided by 120 to get back to the true original tariff minus vat? "

I divided the total to get 1% and multiplied that by 20 to get 20% and then deducted it from the original total.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Summit wrong with your 1st line wishy.

Shouldn't that be divided by 120 to get back to the true original tariff minus vat?

I divided the total to get 1% and multiplied that by 20 to get 20% and then deducted it from the original total."

Yea I understand your sum, but £35 minus 20% vat is £29.16 which is £5.84 vat not £7.00.

Which matters not a shit really they are still overcharging lol

Post new Message to Thread