FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I am driving the biggest piece of shit ever...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

On customer visits we are given hire cars... today I have a powder blue Skoda Roomster.... what an absolute piece of crap.

What's the worst thing you have driven?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A very basic Ford Ka, all plastic and clothe inside, no acceleration to speak of when I put my foot down, horrid.

over a year ago

I've only ever driven a Rolls Royce, I was about 3 at the time and it had pedals I always reckoned anything would be shit after that, so never learned to drive a real car

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A morris marina. I think the steering wheel was loose. I guess if my massy had worked that would have been crap to drive too.

over a year ago

A Fiat Chinquichento (or however you spell it).

Being 6'2" I virtually had to sit in the back to drive the thing, thankfully I only had to drive it for about 10 minutes.

over a year ago

I just think the good people of Brum and Northampton will pies themselves when they see me turn uo in this.... oh the shame!

over a year ago

"I just think the good people of Brum and Northampton will pies themselves when they see me turn uo in this.... oh the shame!"

Pretend its not you but a long lost twin,.sorted, we wont tell em the truth xx

over a year ago

"A very basic Ford Ka, all plastic and clothe inside, no acceleration to speak of when I put my foot down, horrid.

"

Same here no stability on the roads at all.

over a year ago

"A very basic Ford Ka, all plastic and clothe inside, no acceleration to speak of when I put my foot down, horrid.

"

0 - 60 in a fortnight,lol

over a year ago

Same here no stability on the roads at all. "

The original KA was a great handling car, a lot like the old Mini. Kit wise though they were awful.

over a year ago

0 - 60 in a fortnight,lol "

Do they go that fast, only used mine on local trips so never went over 30 lol

over a year ago

"A Fiat Chinquichento (or however you spell it).

Being 6'2" I virtually had to sit in the back to drive the thing, thankfully I only had to drive it for about 10 minutes."

Whilst on holiday to Portugal I had one of these for a week , only good thing was it didn't break down lol ....lesson learnt I always booked in advance after that !

over a year ago

Years ago we had a neighbour who paid £850 for an original Czech Skoda. The funny side to this story is that he paid an extra £200 to have the car alarmed.

over a year ago

A Yugo Zastava many years ago in Greece

Not gonna even start about how bad it was! Only saving grace was that hire rate was based on mileage and speedo cable was easy to disconnect

Funnily where cable connected on gearbox was covered in fingerprints on the oily casing! Not first to do that then?

over a year ago

A fiat panda with an electric system with a mind of its own.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

A nissan serena... Shocking to drive, interior yep it had ..., .. pile of doo doo,,

over a year ago

Most of the best, reliable and cheap to run old jap cars I've almost forgotten about.

The high maintenance and expensive cars with curves and quirks are the ones I remember - like women.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

0 - 60 in a fortnight,lol

Do they go that fast, only used mine on local trips so never went over 30 lol "

I used to get mine to over 115mph on the motorway with a clear run and a tail wind!

I could beat most things off at the lights too! Though I couldn't always maintain it...

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Years ago we had a neighbour who paid £850 for an original Czech Skoda. The funny side to this story is that he paid an extra £200 to have the car alarmed."
had three og the origanal skodas never had anyy problems IF maintained properly even had a rally spec 130 would finnish plenty of events where other more expensive cars would fall by the wayside

over a year ago

a rover 214 nough said its a rover

over a year ago

Fiat Panda. The name says it all lol

over a year ago

"On customer visits we are given hire cars... today I have a powder blue Skoda Roomster.... what an absolute piece of crap.

What's the worst thing you have driven?"

Not ideal for the image concious man about town.

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

My granpa Lada Samara...I got no clue why he is still driving it...

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I drove an Austin shite-stro once. That was bad

over a year ago

I once had a fso polenez once described as second hand tin cans around a 1950's tractor engine ! Biggest pile of garbage I've ever driven!

over a year ago

A Fiat Strada!! A total pile of stinky brown stuff, bought it for £50 so onl have myself to blame I guess !!

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

A brand new MG Metro... why I bought the thing I will never know!

over a year ago

Skoda Roomster, half pope mobile, half turd = The Turd Mobile!!

over a year ago

An old leyland daf truck was the biggest piece of crap clutch was so heavy brakes were wooden blocks and the seat was never built to sit a driver on.

As for cars the worst car I have ever driven has to be a left hand drive smart car. It was not a smart thing to drive

By *aninthemiddleMan
over a year ago

caerphilly

The new shape renault magane horrible had it a month and flogged it

By *iganflirtMan
over a year ago

wigan

i own a morris minor & a 59 plate range rover and i prefer driving the old moggy. its a proper driving experience you have to think about everything! wife cant stand the thing! kids love it.

By *he Original TTMan
over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

Chevrolet Spark - utterly dire!!! Never driven something before that had power steering as an option and had all the raw throbbing power of a Ladyshave!

over a year ago

My first car.. an Austin Maestro!! Awful to drive!!

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"a rover 214 nough said its a rover "

Also a rover...420gsi ...what a pile of dog poo

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/12/12 17:13:38]

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"I once had a fso polenez once described as second hand tin cans around a 1950's tractor engine ! Biggest pile of garbage I've ever driven! "
they where awfull

over a year ago

A lada! No brakes and 0-60 in never! Lol worse car ever and always hot a shock off the radio

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

A Fiat Panda hire car on the island of Ibiza one year, my husband flatly refused to drive it mumbling something about the gears.....I decided to give it a go only to find it had no second gear at all....and the handbrake didn't work.

It rained....and we found out that the wipers didn't work.

over a year ago

"On customer visits we are given hire cars... today I have a powder blue Skoda Roomster.... what an absolute piece of crap.

What's the worst thing you have driven?

Not ideal for the image concious man about town. "

I just pulled up yo the hotel. There were some smokers outside, I had to wait till they went in to get out of the car.... way too embarrassing !

My client passed herself laughing when she saw it earlier!

By *amslam1000Man
over a year ago

willenhall

hows about am 850 mini van picked up from a field where it had stood for 2 years one of Bl's finest friday cars me and 40 guys from work picked up one each and started out on a 100 mile drive ONLY 3 made it every one else had to be rescued / repaired me i got 6 miles before something bad made a noise and i stopped crankshaft bust into 3 bits

over a year ago

Tell whoever does the bookings to tell the hire company.

Lots of companies do it all the time (NO BLOODY SKODA`s or we go to another hire firm)

Trust me I have worked for car hire companies and lots do exactly that.

over a year ago

A Citroen Saxo

Drove like Bambi on that frozen lake

Horrible car

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/12/12 19:44:27]

over a year ago

Friend is 6 feet 4 and had a Reliant Robin. If you turned a corner at speed, ie about 20mph, it turned on its side. That has to be the very very worst to drive

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Have been quite lucky with my cars but had a Triumph Bonneville that was the biggest load of shite ever to get on the road

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

Fiats seem to feature a lot ...

My worst car was a Fiat Mirafiori. What a POS! The gear stick kept coming off in my hand when I was changing gear. I hung onto it for a week before getting rid.

My brand spanking new Lada Samara comes a close second - what the hell was I thinking? It had all the build quality and oomph of a knackered mobility scooter.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Skodas are great cars ... Well the superb and octavia are i'm on my 3rd out of last 4 cars and cannot fault them

over a year ago

"Skodas are great cars ... Well the superb and octavia are i'm on my 3rd out of last 4 cars and cannot fault them"

well the Roomster ain't

over a year ago

Years ago I worked on a farm near Newcastle Emlyn in South Wales .

On the farm we had a Ford P100 pickup , the Cortina shape which was an utter shed.

It had a " bought " mot and was interesting to drive.

To start with it was a sod to start so once started you made sure you did not ever stall it as it would not tick over .

Secondly the drivers door did not shut so whenever you had to stop you had to keep hold of the door to stop it flying open.

Lastly the bench seat was not fixed to anything soooo when you got to a junction you had to throttle clutch and brake at the same time as well as forcing the seat back against the bulkhead whilst holding onto the drivers door.

If you could drive that you could drive anything .

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

I dispute that,I have a fiat punt,uses a gallon of oil a week,battery just gone,starter just gone,and now ive got a fucking puncture

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Skodas are great cars ... Well the superb and octavia are i'm on my 3rd out of last 4 cars and cannot fault them

well the Roomster ain't "

Havent and never will have 1 of them lol i'll take your word for that lol probably alot like the citreon berlingo

over a year ago

"My granpa Lada Samara...I got no clue why he is still driving it..."

My gran had one of those and funnily enough she was the only one that was gutted when it got scrapped lol

By *orkieMan
over a year ago

Who knows

"Skodas are great cars ... Well the superb and octavia are i'm on my 3rd out of last 4 cars and cannot fault them"

Had 3 Octavia 1.9 TDI`s as company cars, not a bad unit for the price cept for the plasticy interior and the 105 bhp output, would not pull away up a hill when fully loaded

over a year ago

I had a Lada Riva ,you would need the 3 lanes of the M1 for it to do a turning circle , the steering wheel was the size of a 6 wheeler lorry,s steering wheel ,and the plastic seats when you stopped or went round a corner ,any back seat passenger went sliding across your rear view mirror and made of cast iron.

over a year ago

All the modern Skoda's are built by VW and are great motors. The older ones aren't and were truly bloody awful.

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

The worst thing I've driven was a class 08 loco, the best was a pair of class 86 electrics! Car wise the best was a Rover P6, the worst? Too many to say!

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

My current car, driving wise, he's good for an old Japanese man.

Looks wise, the front grill is missing and the bumper is taped onto the wheel arch after a mishap with a tow rope.

No matter how I drive or with the occasional breakdown, he always recovers grrrr

over a year ago

Go Kart I crashed in Blackpool. But biggest piece of trash Matt has driven was a Ford KA.

over a year ago

Years ago helped my Mum move house, so I rented a luton bodied Transit for the day.

NEVER - ever - again!

Went where the steering wanted to go, went round corners like you had a 3 ton blancmange on the back, and stopping was something which took a debate at the Oxford Union to decide when was the right time to apply the brakes - which meant, in reality, you drove around with your foot on the brake most of the time!

over a year ago

Yes. All except the Roomster which, I have to agree with the Op is a pile of crap. Surprising really, as it's based on the Fabia and my ex had two of those before I left, the last one of which was a Fabia Sport 3 with a 1.9 Tdi engine from the Audi TT - and went like the proverbial off a shiny shovel!!! I felt 21 again driving the thing.

over a year ago

"A morris marina. I think the steering wheel was loose. I guess if my massy had worked that would have been crap to drive too."

Ah - the wonderful Morris Marina! Had one back in the day. Artic white with a chocolate brown vinyl interior - it was like driving a soiled nappy!!!

over a year ago

Cireon AX 1.0 litre.. 0 - 60 in 0.5 years.. Lol..

Managed 100mph down the M6 and passed an Austain Martain DB9

I was very proud.. And then a week later it died.. .. Poor Harold..

Post new Message to Thread