Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blocked before you can reply

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Had a strange one for me today. Had a guy message me a few hours ago, was a nice message but I was only popping on so read it and fully intended to reply once I had a bit more time.

Just went to reply and he has blocked me lol

Now im not bothered by this, each to their own, its just a first for me.

Maybe he thought because I had read and not replied that I wasnt interested.

So I am wondering, how long do you wait for a reply before assuming you wont be getting one?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

We don't wait for replies.

If they come, they come.

If not.......no biggie.

A

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've never sent a message first, as yet so don't know lol..

But do block if they keep sending messages and I haven't replied

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

...oh I hate when this happens. I can't do words at work

over a year ago

This is a bit contentious for me

If I’m regularly talking to someone and they read and don’t reply, or read and log off it can annoy me. But it more depends on the mood I’m in as my life doesn’t evolve around here so I understand others don’t.

I’m more of if you don’t want to talk anymore then tell me.

With regards to a new message if they read and don’t reply then I guess they’re not interested after about an hour. So I will block just so I don’t resend another one. It may mean I miss “the one” but it seems to work for me

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"This is a bit contentious for me

If I’m regularly talking to someone and they read and don’t reply, or read and log off it can annoy me. But it more depends on the mood I’m in as my life doesn’t evolve around here so I understand others don’t.

With regards to a new message if they read and don’t reply then I guess they’re not interested after about an hour. So I will block just so I don’t resend another one. It may mean I miss “the one” but it seems to work for me "

I think you are over reacting. Life happens. If people are slow at responding then I am talking to other people so who cares? If they aren’t interested then I am talking to other people so who cares?

over a year ago

With regards to a new message if they read and don’t reply then I guess they’re not interested after about an hour. So I will block just so I don’t resend another one. It may mean I miss “the one” but it seems to work for me

I think you are over reacting. Life happens. If people are slow at responding then I am talking to other people so who cares? If they aren’t interested then I am talking to other people so who cares? "

Thanks for your response on how I handle my account here. I agree in most but to say I’m over reacting is not necessary. But maybe that’s over reacting.

I’ll get back to my corner and stop opening up here

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I think you are over reacting. Life happens. If people are slow at responding then I am talking to other people so who cares? If they aren’t interested then I am talking to other people so who cares?

Thanks for your response on how I handle my account here. I agree in most but to say I’m over reacting is not necessary. But maybe that’s over reacting.

I’ll get back to my corner and stop opening up here "

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple
over a year ago

here & there

"...oh I hate when this happens. I can't do words at work "

This and also

We are not always together, when I read a message and need innocent to look at it as well, I mark it unread.like the emails at work I still need to deal with.

Sweet

By *orny1-4uMan
over a year ago

newcastle

I normally get a block after sending messages back and forward and they ask for face pic send it then I'm blocked ?? others who do read my profile and say not for me we go our separate ways no hard feelings.if I don't get a response I just leave it at that

By *utterypopcornCouple
over a year ago

oxford

As a couple I will quite offer read them first and if I think they are nice I’ll get M to have a look when she can.

So no reply for a bit from us is a good thing a answer straight away would probably be just me saying a polite no thank you.

We have had the odd person messaging back with a follow up message within hours. Or they have blocked us.

By *otyouraverageABCMan
over a year ago

kent

I've had a few situations like that on here. Makes me wonder how balanced some people are at times.

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I normally get a block after sending messages back and forward and they ask for face pic send it then I'm blocked ?? others who do read my profile and say not for me we go our separate ways no hard feelings.if I don't get a response I just leave it at that "

I normally get immediately blocked for telling someone on a thread about blocking that they are over reacting when they block anyone who doesn’t respond immediately.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Had a strange one for me today. Had a guy message me a few hours ago, was a nice message but I was only popping on so read it and fully intended to reply once I had a bit more time.

So I am wondering, how long do you wait for a reply before assuming you wont be getting one? "

lol I never assume I'm getting one but if he's sent you a message and theirs a smidgen of interest then straight away or as soon as is convenient

By *moothshaftMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I'll always reply ASAP, I don't get many messages these days, so I'll do my utmost to chat!

over a year ago

Having read a few threads here, I’m going to say that person messaged you, saw you didn’t respond after what *they felt* was a decent amount of time to expect a reply and didn’t want to get all excited about you next time they see your profile, go to message, and see they’ve already done so in the past, so it’s a ‘strategy block’. To prevent them from wasting their time again. And perhaps yours although I might be being generous with that last bit.

By *bwgirlygirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I've replied to messages weeks later and had my messages replied after weeks. I tend not to put a time limit on it

By *uchislife66Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I’ll get back to my corner and stop opening up here "

I was chatting away nicely ....

Was told not to break the thread! I omitted a kiss at end of message .... sent a kiss and broke the thread.... blocked .... gets childish

By *uchislife66Man
over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 21/10/22 19:03:28]

over a year ago

I’ll get back to my corner and stop opening up here

I was chatting away nicely ....

Was told not to break the thread! I omitted a kiss at end of message .... sent a kiss and broke the thread.... blocked .... gets childish "

Is that for me? We’ve never talked and you’re not blocked

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
over a year ago

London

I've seen people use block to protect their ego from rejection. Sometimes if I turn someone down, they'll cop the shits, have a tantrum then block me.

Basically, "you can't fire me, I quit!"

They were rejected but in their mind if they block you then it was their decision. Cognitive dissonance is going to cognitive dissonance.

over a year ago

"Had a strange one for me today. Had a guy message me a few hours ago, was a nice message but I was only popping on so read it and fully intended to reply once I had a bit more time.

So I am wondering, how long do you wait for a reply before assuming you wont be getting one? "

I wont lie. I normally leave the read messages for a couple of days, a week at the most. Then I delete the thread after that. In general though. I never knew people waited before replying. Now I know that il give it time.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
over a year ago

London

I don't wait for replies. If there's a reply then great I'll respond, if not then I'll forget about it fairly quickly. I read all my messages and hardly reply to any. People have their reasons for not reading or not replying and I don't give it much thought or get hung up on it.

Exception being if we have arranged to meet that night and they aren't communicating. If I feel like my time is being disrespected or I'm expected to be on call then I'll just block them.

By *un Times 1Man
over a year ago

coventry

This happens to, I would hazard a guess and say the vast amount of Guys on here. I always send messages which are respectful etc. I usually don’t get a reply at all, or in some cases are blocked altogether with no explanation. A simple no thanks would be sufficient. I don’t take offence. Just no response is a bit odd.

over a year ago

"I normally get a block after sending messages back and forward and they ask for face pic send it then I'm blocked ?? others who do read my profile and say not for me we go our separate ways no hard feelings.if I don't get a response I just leave it at that

I normally get immediately blocked for telling someone on a thread about blocking that they are over reacting when they block anyone who doesn’t respond immediately. "

You can’t use the forum for that! You can’t use them to get around a block and fyi people can block over rude forum interactions if they so wish!

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

So I am wondering, how long do you wait for a reply before assuming you wont be getting one? This happens to, I would hazard a guess and say the vast amount of Guys on here. I always send messages which are respectful etc. I usually don’t get a reply at all, or in some cases are blocked altogether with no explanation. A simple no thanks would be sufficient. I don’t take offence. Just no response is a bit odd."

A no response is a no thank you in the rules of fab.

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

I don't always have my profile open.

Yesterday I had a decent number of messages in.

I answered some. No thank you (I block)

I answered some bit of chat

I happen to stop , go have dinner come back... Had a second message from someone I'd replied to (before dinner) ..went to reply.. they had blocked me !!?

Yes it's their choice but most guys know /acknowledge that a woman's inbox is busy

So yes you think they would have a bit more patience especially when they post enough threads about them never getting messages/meets

Nowt as funny as folk

over a year ago

"I've never sent a message first, as yet so don't know lol..

But do block if they keep sending messages and I haven't replied"

Yes. I have sent replies saying i'm not interested and they still message. I do block those

over a year ago

"Having read a few threads here, I’m going to say that person messaged you, saw you didn’t respond after what *they felt* was a decent amount of time to expect a reply and didn’t want to get all excited about you next time they see your profile, go to message, and see they’ve already done so in the past, so it’s a ‘strategy block’. To prevent them from wasting their time again. And perhaps yours although I might be being generous with that last bit."

That makes sense

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

With regards to a new message if they read and don’t reply then I guess they’re not interested after about an hour. So I will block just so I don’t resend another one. It may mean I miss “the one” but it seems to work for me "

I will sometimes read and then log off without replying. This place has to come 2nd to my 'real life ' priorities. People surely shouldn't take offense at this.

over a year ago

"I wont lie. I normally leave the read messages for a couple of days, a week at the most. Then I delete the thread after that. In general though. I never knew people waited before replying. Now I know that il give it time. "

I usually reply straight away, but its a short reply or a "no not for me" reply. When I read a message and think, "that deserves a longer more detailed reply" I will wait until I am able to sit down and actually type it without feeling rushed. So I can leave people read for a few hours sometimes without replying

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If people intend to reply, I think it can seem like game playing if they do it a long time after reading the message

By *amprioryMan
over a year ago

turn left at the frist roundabout

Some people are just D&@ks, but to be fair, if you’re a guy on here, you have to assume you won’t get a reply.

I get it women and couples must get 100’s and 100’s of message and lot are probably awful messages, but what’s it cost to send a thanks but no thanks and then if they keep pushing then hit the block button.

I only block people if they don’t listen are rude or have zero manners

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

If someone blocks like that I'd say they were very high maintenance and it makes a great filter

over a year ago

Totally get this.

With us we can't always be on at the same time so we might quickly read it and reset as unread for the other. We try to make sure the other reads any we find interesting as quick as possible or might message saying one has read and will reply properly when other has read it.

It's the cannundrum that the fab rule of no reply means not interested creates. It doesn't take long to reply and of course for some there are so many more messages that one wants to read and maybe get excited about and for a couple it creates another problem if both need to read it first.

If it's read and left with no reply and we've noticed the person has been on once or twice since reading then we just move on usually by blocking as there's no point in sending another message again aka fab rules. Some would say why not just leave it without blocking? Well as Sapiosexuals if we feel someone isn't interested then the switch goes off anyway so no point in letting them think otherwise later on.

over a year ago

"Having read a few threads here, I’m going to say that person messaged you, saw you didn’t respond after what *they felt* was a decent amount of time to expect a reply and didn’t want to get all excited about you next time they see your profile, go to message, and see they’ve already done so in the past, so it’s a ‘strategy block’. To prevent them from wasting their time again. And perhaps yours although I might be being generous with that last bit."

Completely this. And there are loads more who will engage. It may not lead anywhere but you feel the respect of going to the bother of initially sending a message of interest. Remember it's only initial interest and that can change after some conversation.

over a year ago

Just treat people with respect. If you were chatting to someone in the pub, you wouldn't just mid sentence walk off and not say anything. So why do it online, not just fab but anywhere on line. It literally takes seconds to say "gotta go, chat later" then the other person is not waiting for something your not sending. Just common courtesy. Just because this is swinging site, we're all still people. If this would be seen as unreasonable from someone then they are not the sort of person I want fucking me, men or women. Just my point of view. Not everyone agree I know lol xx

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've never assumed anything. I'd send the message without expectations. Always a pleasure when it's reciprocated

over a year ago

I got a message asking how big my cock is, when i saw this message about 40min after it was sent, i tried opening their profile to discover i was blocked lol, clearly no patience

over a year ago

"Just treat people with respect. If you were chatting to someone in the pub, you wouldn't just mid sentence walk off and not say anything. So why do it online, not just fab but anywhere on line. It literally takes seconds to say "gotta go, chat later" then the other person is not waiting for something your not sending. Just common courtesy. Just because this is swinging site, we're all still people. If this would be seen as unreasonable from someone then they are not the sort of person I want fucking me, men or women. Just my point of view. Not everyone agree I know lol xx"

By *aulaCDTV/TS
over a year ago

kelso

I was away last weekend staying in a hotel and was all dressed up, got a message from someone replied they asked if I was yes to meet I said yes I could come over to them in 45 minutes, got no reply and they blocked me. Why ask if I wanted to meet just to block you?

over a year ago

If a message is read and I don’t get a reply after 7 days, I’ll delete it and probably block strategically so I don’t message them again and appear annoying or needy, as they’re clearly not interested

I’ll delete an unread sent message after 7 days but won’t block, just in case they’re ploughing through thousands of messages and haven’t yet got to mine… that way if they do by some miracle have some interest it’s a nice surprise to get a reply

A reply saying no thank you means I’ll block them, again, to prevent me messaging them again

So blocking for me isn’t being petty and spiteful, but just means I can manage my time better

over a year ago

Sounds like a big baby.

over a year ago

Personally, I wouldn't block under those circumstances.

Usually, if someone deletes my message immediately on reading it, I'll block - to stop me from bothering them again, but if it's been read but not replied too, there could be a number of possibilities. They might want to come back to it later when they have more time, they might be having a think about it, etc and may possibly be considering replying at a later time.

over a year ago

I've not blocked anyone on here. I get it if you're being hassled but other than that, why would you?

Just getting rid of what could be a stimulating experience either for your mind or genitals is how I see it!

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

[Removed by poster at 09/11/22 17:22:45]

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

2 days I never send 2 messages in a row though.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

6 weeks normally

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Few days as people can be busy and when they do come back on don't always remember where things were left but more and more are getting lazy that cannot even be bothered to just delete so happy to block as it's a huge put off

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

Very strange things happen here. Get a wink and a message “Hi”. After a view of the profile and if it appeals I reply with a “you winked, nice profile, am I what you are looking for?” sort of reply along those lines = read and blocked. Total waste of my time constructing the message.

over a year ago

27.5 seconds.

If there’s not boob in my inbox in that time then you’re gone.

Your loss.

over a year ago

Have never received a message

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

This happened to me this week, except mine was an insult and i didn't get chance to reply. Some people are just sad.

over a year ago

"This happened to me this week, except mine was an insult and i didn't get chance to reply. Some people are just sad."

It’s happened to me , it’s quite irritating not being able to have your say when it happens

over a year ago

I usually give it a day - 24hrs - then put a private note on the profile and delete from my sent box.

I've never blocked anyone because they not replied because, you never know, they may at a later date.

over a year ago

It's the wink from a hidden profile I find strange.

over a year ago

I can reply days/weeks later or maybe never at all once I've read a cold message. I can fully intend to reply it just never always happens. I like the different chats that just happen over months. Certainly wouldnt block people because we might have something to talk about next month.

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

"This happened to me this week, except mine was an insult and i didn't get chance to reply. Some people are just sad.

It’s happened to me , it’s quite irritating not being able to have your say when it happens "

It really is! Sometimes you just want to snap back in defense, but they have taken that chance away, grrr.

over a year ago

On here I've learnt very quickly not to expect anything in return. Frustrating when I've thought of a good reply and they block me, grrrr. Though I can cope with the frustration of lack of sex I can cope well with this small frustration.

over a year ago

This is more something I do a lot of, just became I don't want anymore interaction if the chat hasn't gone well x

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

I normally give about a week, then I just delete the message.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

It's the friend invite they sent and because haven't accepted block you

By *rNice.Man
over a year ago

scunthorpe

most people who reply tend to very soon after reading the message , block and delete is a function of the website... it s up to you .

over a year ago

"If a message is read and I don’t get a reply after 7 days, I’ll delete it and probably block strategically so I don’t message them again and appear annoying or needy, as they’re clearly not interested

I’ll delete an unread sent message after 7 days but won’t block, just in case they’re ploughing through thousands of messages and haven’t yet got to mine… that way if they do by some miracle have some interest it’s a nice surprise to get a reply

A reply saying no thank you means I’ll block them, again, to prevent me messaging them again

So blocking for me isn’t being petty and spiteful, but just means I can manage my time better "

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Us guys are told that on here often enough that if we don't recieve a reply it's means not interested.

Speaking for myself if I don't get a reply after a certain time or my message is deleted I block people.

Reason I do this is mainly that I do not waste my time and theirs by repeatedly messaging and get myself thrown out of the site. There's no malice in this I am trying to follow the rules and it's for mine and others benifit

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

the cheekvof some people, eh?

Expecting instant replies is so unfair.

Well looks like the trash took itself out.

over a year ago

So I am wondering, how long do you wait for a reply before assuming you wont be getting one?

Us guys are told that on here often enough that if we don't recieve a reply it's means not interested.

Speaking for myself if I don't get a reply after a certain time or my message is deleted I block people.

Reason I do this is mainly that I do not waste my time and theirs by repeatedly messaging and get myself thrown out of the site. There's no malice in this I am trying to follow the rules and it's for mine and others benifit "

A prince among thieves!

over a year ago

I replied to a message 9 months after it was first sent...

So many variables - mood, situation, energy, life!

over a year ago

"I replied to a message 9 months after it was first sent...

So many variables - mood, situation, energy, life! "

Good to know I'll be patient

over a year ago

Always from 'couples" the guy clearly likes the lady not so much......

Post new Message to Thread