Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Frustrating

Jump to newest

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Is it just me or do others hate it when you get a nice message off someone, they send a lovely torso shot, but no face pic, even though you ask for one in your profile?

I am often reluctant to get into any chat with someone to get a face pic since, if I see their face, eventually, and find I am not attracted, it is so much harder to say 'not for me'. And it can be demoralising for the other person which I hate.

So, often I just delete the message.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To be fair, you dont have face pics, so why expect them to have them?

over a year ago

Must admit my body alright soon as I send face pic it's 50/50

over a year ago

"Is it just me or do others hate it when you get a nice message off someone, they send a lovely torso shot, but no face pic, even though you ask for one in your profile?

I am often reluctant to get into any chat with someone to get a face pic since, if I see their face, eventually, and find I am not attracted, it is so much harder to say 'not for me'. And it can be demoralising for the other person which I hate.

So, often I just delete the message."

I hate that too, you have this picture in your mind what you hope they looks like and all too often they don't, but like you say, if you've had a bit of banter with them it's hard to then say not for me. I have a cpl of guys the msg me all the time and now I know what they look like, would never go there, but they are nice guys so I'll keep chatting...for now

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

I do have face pics and send one with my first message always if I am interested in a possible meet. It is only fair and they can make an informed decision quickly to avoid the situation I just described. If I am not for them then I am cool with that.

What I mean is that I have been drawn in to long chats and when I finally have seen a face pic have seen that I am really not attracted so that makes it harder. As shallow as that may seem that is the way I am - if I am not attracted I won't meet. I would rather get that out of the way and not waste their time.

over a year ago

So why do they need to send there pics first?

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

If I message someone first I send mine along with it. Otherwise how would they know if I am their type?

Same thing.

over a year ago

"So why do they need to send there pics first?"

That is a very fair comment.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I totally get what the OP is referring to. I prefer to receive a face picture as soon as possible as that it is the most likely single part of the equation of whether I would meet or not. Dont mind other pics of torsos and other men bits... but fac pic is important and a deciding factor.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"So why do they need to send there pics first?

That is a very fair comment."

Which I just answered.

over a year ago

i think its basic manners that whoever sends the first message sends their pics with it

If the OP sends the opening mail she has already said she will add a face pic to it

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I totally get what the OP is referring to. I prefer to receive a face picture as soon as possible as that it is the most likely single part of the equation of whether I would meet or not. Dont mind other pics of torsos and other men bits... but fac pic is important and a deciding factor. "

Absolutely - I have no problem sending face pics. Do not even need to be asked. I just do not show them publicly for obvious reasons.

over a year ago

cos they are makign the initital contact.. ??

yes i feel the same.. we know guys can struggle for a reply so if they get one they are going to think they have finally managed to find someone to meet.. so its going to be more harsh rejection for them once u see the face and say no thanks..

over a year ago

i feel the same, not realy interested if theres no face pic, as i also have on my profile must have face pic.

over a year ago

Be fair most couples,females,ask for face pic

over a year ago

I'm always chatting on cam, so most who msg me have seen my mug, but if they haven't I have face pics in pvt to send, and surely if you've requested it on your profile, then if they have one, shouldn't they send one?

over a year ago

i usually send face pic if asked, its good manner in my book

over a year ago

There are many things that bug me, and if I let them bother me, I would have a very short life span.

over a year ago

I get no end of guys mail me, and even tho i have pics on my profile they still ask me if i have any more yet they have none to send back, when i ask for a pic they reply with comments like....meets me and you can see what i look like in the flesh

i think lots of men on here think its only their preference that counts

over a year ago

That is fair enough, you send a face pic first. Just feel sometimes blokes have to jump through hoops and ladies can ask for everything.. and think guys will just be dogs and do it.

But reading that you send face pics first is refreshing. Hope you have lots of fun on here.

over a year ago

"Be fair most couples,females,ask for face pic"

i always ask for a face pic and i make no bones about it, if im looking to meet why wouldnt i?

over a year ago

also it gets me when they wont show face pix, but go on cam!!!!!!!

over a year ago

"I totally get what the OP is referring to. I prefer to receive a face picture as soon as possible as that it is the most likely single part of the equation of whether I would meet or not. Dont mind other pics of torsos and other men bits... but fac pic is important and a deciding factor. "

So why not on reciept of a non face pic - body rather than generic cock pic obviously - simply reply with a polite brief message asking for a face pic, rather than just delete straight away?

I've contacted people before who allegedly 'delete without a face pic' only to recieve a reply asking for one. If it's a one line "Got a face pic?" - i'll do the deleting myself - but if it's a nicely worded message i'll gladly send one over.

Guess I, like many others, sometimes refuse to jump through virtual hoops to engage in contact. But I also understand and appreciate that people are entitled to say thanks but you're not my type further down the line when faces are actually seen.

Horses for courses I guess!

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"There are many things that bug me, and if I let them bother me, I would have a very short life span. "

It's not so much that it bugs me but that if I do not see a face pic I often just delete yet that could have been a great meet. That is what is frustrating.

I wonder how many good guys are losing out by not showing face pics?

over a year ago

if ur sending a face pic to find out if that person maybe interest in u then surely a face pic is what a person needs to decide?

if u reply back and ask for one then so many guys get too excited by just havign a reply.. even tho the reply is not actually showing any interest form the lady..

as we all know men need to stand out on here.. so do that with ur first message :D

Post new Message to Thread