Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Double Standards

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I might be getting old and cynical but is it just me or is there an increase in double standards in society?

My latest niggle is that it is now accepted that women can wolf-whistle and sexually harrass men.

Having said that I have been given a 2013 calendar of nude men.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I could not agree more... within this world, I have seen the most outrageous behaviours from females in swinging clubs that would never be tolerated from guys....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am guilty of pinching gents' bums when I was at Chams.

over a year ago

How is any of that double standards.. ???

over a year ago

"How is any of that double standards.. ???"

Men would be hauled over the coals for wolf-whistling someone now or for harassing them sexually in the workplace.

If I was a swingers club and a man started to touch me without permission then no one would object to me being outraged. He should be offered the same courtesy, shouldn't he?

over a year ago

everybodies equal

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 20:12:55]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 20:13:01]

over a year ago

"How is any of that double standards.. ???

Men would be hauled over the coals for wolf-whistling someone now or for harassing them sexually in the workplace.

If I was a swingers club and a man started to touch me without permission then no one would object to me being outraged. He should be offered the same courtesy, shouldn't he?"

To the inimitable sound of pennies dropping.... I do concur....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

It seems ok for women to maul and paw all over men when d*unk but if a guy did it he would be on the sex offenders register

over a year ago

Sexual harressment is only that when someone takes offence to it, I guess woman get more offended than men.. And the woman doing these things obv aren't the ones who get offended

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Sexual harressment is only that when someone takes offence to it, I guess woman get more offended than men.. And the woman doing these things obv aren't the ones who get offended "

You would be surprised

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I might be getting old and cynical but is it just me or is there an increase in double standards in society?

My latest niggle is that it is now accepted that women can wolf-whistle and sexually harrass men.

Having said that I have been given a 2013 calendar of nude men. "

I am disgusted that you have accepted such a calendar Lickety and I demand that you send it to me for vetting and the removal of Mr. August.

over a year ago

"I might be getting old and cynical but is it just me or is there an increase in double standards in society?

I am disgusted that you have accepted such a calendar Lickety and I demand that you send it to me for vetting and the removal of Mr. August.

"

I'm just waiting to be sexually abused

over a year ago

"Sexual harressment is only that when someone takes offence to it, I guess woman get more offended than men.. And the woman doing these things obv aren't the ones who get offended "

Yh I prob would be

over a year ago

They will be giving women the vote next, you watch !!!!

over a year ago

Have had a similar conversation with friends recently. Men watching a stripper are to look and not touch, and if they do touch a burly bouncer is likely to show them the error of their ways - and rightly so. But then how is it fair that some poor male stripper at a hen do can be mauled and groped, and have his g-string ripped off after he's finished his 'show' and it's said to be harmless fun. He'd obviously left the g-string on for a reason (maybe he keeps that part of himself to the mrs!), but that doesn't seem to matter

over a year ago

Poor male stripper at a hen do mauled and groped, hubby asking for the number lol

over a year ago

"Poor male stripper at a hen do mauled and groped, hubby asking for the number lol "

lol...that's why the double standard goes ignored though because it's made a joke of. He'd chosen to keep his tackle under cover so why should they get away with uncovering it? And I wasn't part of the hen do, just ended up in the same bar for the aftermath!

over a year ago

"Poor male stripper at a hen do mauled and groped, hubby asking for the number lol

lol...that's why the double standard goes ignored though because it's made a joke of. He'd chosen to keep his tackle under cover so why should they get away with uncovering it? And I wasn't part of the hen do, just ended up in the same bar for the aftermath!"

That is the issue, men are seen as being prissy if they complain.

over a year ago

"

It's, erm, educational. It's supposed to show that you can't tell sexuality just by looking at someone. The photographer composes images of nude men together to show that all men are the same. Well, that's what he told me and he took no pleasure taking the pictures, he assured me.

over a year ago

I maybe getting old and cynical, but if a woman wolf-whistled me Id be moonwalking and high-fiving all the rest of the day!

over a year ago

I maybe getting old and cynical, but if a woman wolf-whistled me Id be moonwalking and high-fiving all the rest of the day!

"

If you were moonwalking and high-fiving she would wonder why she's whistled.

over a year ago

There are quite a few male strippers who have been injured during their performance. Of course noone will see that as assault

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"There are quite a few male strippers who have been injured during their performance. Of course noone will see that as assault "
yes one guy i know had his ballbag ripped open by an over zealous female...

over a year ago

"It seems ok for women to maul and paw all over men when d*unk but if a guy did it he would be on the sex offenders register"

Men like it, thats the difference.

Unless she is 1 thread short of a bag on the head she wont get told to get lost.

over a year ago

Ha ha find it difficult the seem to like it!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"It seems ok for women to maul and paw all over men when d*unk but if a guy did it he would be on the sex offenders register

Men like it, thats the difference.

Unless she is 1 thread short of a bag on the head she wont get told to get lost. "

what a pile of pants...you may like it but the more descerning gentleman doesnt like vbeing pawed or mauled.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 23:35:05]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 23:35:37]

over a year ago

The most intimidating animistic and dare I say it openly aggressive situation I have seen is groups of women attending a male stip show. I was literally flabbergasted on how many behaved in that environment.

over a year ago

"There are quite a few male strippers who have been injured during their performance. Of course noone will see that as assault yes one guy i know had his ballbag ripped open by an over zealous female... "

My legs are crossed at this point in time

over a year ago

Copying the worst of male behaviours is not admirable.

I was listening to the Caroline Flint inter_iew this afternoon and she was saying that being ambitious is still seen as ok for men but not for women.

Woman's hour had a piece on the fact the female politicians are judged by their clothes and shoes.

Gender politics has never been easy but I am shocked by some female responses when the behaviour abhored in men is aped and then applauded.

over a year ago

"Copying the worst of male behaviours is not admirable.

I was listening to the Caroline Flint inter_iew this afternoon and she was saying that being ambitious is still seen as ok for men but not for women.

Woman's hour had a piece on the fact the female politicians are judged by their clothes and shoes.

Gender politics has never been easy but I am shocked by some female responses when the behaviour abhored in men is aped and then applauded."

Copying the worst of anyone's behaviour is not admirable.

over a year ago

I couldn't touch a guy at a swinging club without being invited to first. I know many guys would love to have their bums pinched but I'd just hate it if they were offended or looked at me if I was just a dirty old woman.

But I have once spoken in a leery Leslie Phillips type way to a guy once. He did walk past me and flash me but I suppose I sounded a right git saying 'ohh hellllooo'

over a year ago

I've not seen many women up on charges of being sexpests, does that mean men are easily satisfied or too shocked to.say anything?

I do think women get away with a lot more than any man would.

over a year ago

"Copying the worst of male behaviours is not admirable."

Now that I find offensive,really offensive! To say women only do it because they are copying male behaviour is deplorable. Fro a start women rarely go to female strip shows so observing male behaviour to copy it is just not happening. Men do not paw, grab or claw women as they would be thrown out. I think the reality here is women are quite able and predatory to do this without any tips and guidance from men and give far less respect to male strippers than men do to female ones.

Post new Message to Thread