Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 14:57:18]

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

over a year ago

So much for the freedom of the press and media. I know, let's tip someone over the edge today!

Reply privately

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple
over a year ago

wirral

"So much for the freedom of the press and media. I know, let's tip someone over the edge today! "

I wonder if the Australian radio station who thought it would be funny are running this story, I somehow doubt it.

Reply privately

By * pool 1Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool

So sad to hear this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That is so sad, lets hope the nurse who gave out information has just a slapped wrist, but personnally I think she may be struck off the NMC register.

Reply privately

over a year ago

go and have a look at the radio stations website.

the amount of abuse people are posting on it.

these people have caused a death and should be bought to the uk to stand trail.

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

awww. so needless, rest well

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know I started the thread but it seems there might be a mistaken identity, it might not be the receptionist and cause of death is not officially confirmed so mea culpa if the info is wrong.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let's just wait for the conspiracy theories to kick in !

Reply privately

over a year ago

look at the smug chins on the dj's faces on the stations website.

they havnt even pulled it.

im trying to get through to the station to vent my anger at them.

Reply privately

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

Not so funny now is it ......but personally do not think recriminations are the way...... No matter how bad things were..... Suicide is not usually contemplated...

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

What a dreadful situation. Poor woman must have been distraught. How very sad for her family and children. I hope the australians who did this feel sick to their stomachs for the pain caused.

hope they lose their jobs .

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

oh how very, very sad. sleep well xx

what a bloody shame x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm sure the radio presenter would never in a million years have expected this to happen

Reply privately

By *weetdebWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

There has to be a lot more to it than this...To kill yourself over a stupid prank seems extreme...feel a bit silly yeah but to commit suicide ??????

Reply privately

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

"What a dreadful situation. Poor woman must have been distraught. How very sad for her family and children. I hope the australians who did this feel sick to their stomachs for the pain caused.

hope they lose their jobs ."

Unfortunately they will be elevated in the media ranks.....a bit like Piers Moron(morgan) scum.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm sure the radio presenter would never in a million years have expected this to happen"

true... but their names will now be infamous with this incident... and I bet it is a long, long time before they get another gig....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sure the radio presenter would never in a million years have expected this to happen"

u know i like a good prank.. but the fact they asked the questions they did was downright sick! they said they never expected to be put through.. well they should of left it at that! hung up!

why is this not a criminal matter? if someone steals someones medical records thats a crime right? leaking confidential information is a crime right?

look at what happened to diana cos she was hounded by the press!! isnt oz still part of our queen.. TREASON!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There has to be a lot more to it than this...To kill yourself over a stupid prank seems extreme...feel a bit silly yeah but to commit suicide ??????"

who knows what else was going on in her life.. with xmas coming up and times hard the prospect of loosing her job now too.. and in such a publically humiliating way!

Reply privately

over a year ago

no reason to ask the questions they did!

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

How terribly sad, noone knows what goes off in peoples minds. If nothing else i hope a lesson is learnt somewhere

Reply privately

By *weetdebWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I'm sure the radio presenter would never in a million years have expected this to happen

no reason to ask the questions they did!"

What questions were asked??.Its my understanding that the poor woman who commited suicide answered the call and put it through to another nurse who answered the questions that were asked

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That is so sad, lets hope the nurse who gave out information has just a slapped wrist, but personnally I think she may be struck off the NMC register. "

Why should she struck off she made a mistake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know I started the thread but it seems there might be a mistaken identity, it might not be the receptionist and cause of death is not officially confirmed so mea culpa if the info is wrong.

"

BBC are repoting that its the nurse

Reply privately

By *weetdebWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I know I started the thread but it seems there might be a mistaken identity, it might not be the receptionist and cause of death is not officially confirmed so mea culpa if the info is wrong.

BBC are repoting that its the nurse"

Yes sky news has just shown a hospital spokesman confirming it was the nurse

Reply privately

over a year ago

one of the djs has deleted her twitter account.

regardless of it being a prank now you have a death it becomes manslaughter.

This station on australia has had 2 official warnings for this sort of thing and was threatened with its broadcasting license being withdrawn.

and what about Katie in all of this.

she is sick,expecting and this news will deeply upset her.

think a few careers have been ended and if i was representing the family of the nurse i would be seeking to bring everyone responsible to the uk to face the courts or deal with them in their home land.

everything has consequences.

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

OP has already said - that there may be a case of mistaken identity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

it has been confirmed by the hospital in a written statement.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Poor poor woman

Reply privately

over a year ago

What a tragic waste

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think the ones at blame for the call getting through is the sercurty and procedures of the royals..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There has to be a lot more to it than this...To kill yourself over a stupid prank seems extreme...feel a bit silly yeah but to commit suicide ??????"

maybe she was in a bad state of mind and this tipped her over the edge...its been read and heard by millions of people in the last couple of days maybe it was the little shove she needed shocking

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"it has been confirmed by the hospital in a written statement."

Dear oh dear

R.I.P

Reply privately

over a year ago

I enjoy practical jokes as much as anyone, but the whole concept of playing a prank-call on someone who’s ill in hospital doesn’t sit well in what constitutes acceptable behaviour….

I struggle to understand why anyone would think its funny to contact a hospital patient with an agenda which could potentialy add extra stress or anxiety to their existing medical situation…

Bizarrely the radio stations lawyer ok’d the airing of the call before it was broadcast ……

Reply privately

over a year ago

you may also be interested to know that the radio stations website is now being attacked because they still have the recording of the dead womans voice available.

Reply privately

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I was more shocked to find out that morning sickness warranted a hospital stay.

Reply privately

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

Very sad indeed.

This is an extract from the BBC website with a link for the full report:

BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition.

The duchess left the hospital on Thursday Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse, answered the telephone because it was 05:30 GMT in the morning and there was no receptionist on duty.

The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

Reply privately

By *weetdebWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"There has to be a lot more to it than this...To kill yourself over a stupid prank seems extreme...feel a bit silly yeah but to commit suicide ??????

maybe she was in a bad state of mind and this tipped her over the edge...its been read and heard by millions of people in the last couple of days maybe it was the little shove she needed shocking"

Absolutely agree...but as i said theres obviously a lot more to it....probably the straw that broke the camels back so to speak...so sad....Unfortunately,if im honest, then this is the sort of prank that would have made me laugh but not for a minute suspecting the tragic consequences

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was more shocked to find out that morning sickness warranted a hospital stay."

I was hospitalized with both pregnancies due to sickness, 24 hours a day 7 days a week so I know it can be nasty.

My heart goes out to the family of the nurse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was more shocked to find out that morning sickness warranted a hospital stay."

If she wasnt a royal doubt it would be but the females here will know better as to whether hospital stays are usual.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"i think the ones at blame for the call getting through is the sercurty and procedures of the royals.. "

Why? The phone call went straight to the hospital

It was an accident, until now no one was hurt by the prank and the royal family didn't seem too bothered about it.

No one could have predicted that someone would commit suicide on the back of a prank.This is a very sad event, no question but I don't think anyone involved thought this would ever happen

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"I was more shocked to find out that morning sickness warranted a hospital stay.

If she wasnt a royal doubt it would be but the females here will know better as to whether hospital stays are usual."

If she wasn't a royal it wouldn't be in the papers, that's the difference

Reply privately

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

So sad

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope the dj's are pleased with themselves

Reply privately

over a year ago

If its Australian then Boycott it, until these 2 Muppets are fire and prosecuted.

Boycott any company that advertises on this station as well............

Reply privately

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Poor soul.

May she RIP

Reply privately

over a year ago

So sad...that poor woman's world fell apart for a cheap laugh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It was an accident, until now no one was hurt by the prank and the royal family didn't seem too bothered about it.

"

As prince Charles publicly joked about this yesterday I think it's safe to say the royal's wern't bothered.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just read this and was sicken that the radio station can still joke about it

Today the station provoked widespread fury and disbelief by continuing to promote its hoax, calling it 'the prank call the world is talking about' before playing clips of the recording.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think I'm more shocked by the attitudes afterwards...even if its not the sort of thing that people would class as something to cause suicide..the very fact that the poor woman DID commit suicide for whatever reason is horrible...and now they are mocking the woman in her death by promoting their show based upon this act.No doubt theres many listeners who have the mindset of a troll type nature who will relish in this sort of thing...

A sad day when an organization and its employees cannot see what is objectionable..but to make more money from it?..utterly pathetic

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"I just read this and was sicken that the radio station can still joke about it

Today the station provoked widespread fury and disbelief by continuing to promote its hoax, calling it 'the prank call the world is talking about' before playing clips of the recording.

"

Do you know when they promoted it? Was it before this story broke? If so you can't really call them sick, providing they pulled all promotion and recording since the news broke then there is nothing to have a go about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's just wait for the conspiracy theories to kick in !"
yes i bet thats coming in new s papers sunday . x

Reply privately

By *weetdebWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"i think the ones at blame for the call getting through is the sercurty and procedures of the royals..

Why? The phone call went straight to the hospital

No one could have predicted that someone would commit suicide on the back of a prank.This is a very sad event, no question but I don't think anyone involved thought this would ever happen "

Absolutely

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

The trouble with Pranks is there is always a victim . This was a social engineering attack to obtain information of the highest classification under the Data protection act .I suspect there are many acts they have breached including telecommunications act .

We do have extradition agreements with Australia ,lets hope we use them

Reply privately

over a year ago

its a real shame that the nurse felt she had no way out other than to take her own life i feel sorry for her friends and family.........however im sure the radio station (just like everybody else) did not think that this would happen!!! it was a prank!!! .....and the fact is she should not have given out the info in the first place. but it cant b undone now and her family should just be left alone to grieve in peace without the press goin on and on about it.

Reply privately

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

It is desperately sad that anyone should take their life over this. As others have mentioned, it must have been the straw too many to push her over the edge. But any talk of legal action etc is totally unrealistic. Even if calling a hospital is a dubious choice, it was still just a prank call and not even a particularly good one at that. I imagine the people calling for extreme action will probably have laughed at pranks on You've been framed, Noel Edmonds and Candid Camera over the years. So do we ban all practical jokes just in case someone tips over the edge? You can't outlaw practical jokes just because an unfortunate person takes their own life. It is an awful event but nobody would have expected this. The DJ's didn't even expect to get put through anyway. I think all you can hope for is that people doing this sort of thing ask themselves is their prank likely to have a serious effect on someone's job.

Reply privately

By *insfordcoupleCouple
over a year ago

winsford cheshire

They can get done with involentry assited suicide by law

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Apart from the fact a persons personal business was being asked for.....I have to say I have never been a lover of pranks that are to make fools out of people.....

The poor woman.

Reply privately

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I'm speechless, both with the prank and the attitude of the radio station.

Let's hope they do lose their broadcasting licence. If I was advertising with them I would pull any business I was putting their way and hope all decent minded Australians wil show disgust by boycotting the station

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is desperately sad that anyone should take their life over this. As others have mentioned, it must have been the straw too many to push her over the edge. But any talk of legal action etc is totally unrealistic. Even if calling a hospital is a dubious choice, it was still just a prank call and not even a particularly good one at that. I imagine the people calling for extreme action will probably have laughed at pranks on You've been framed, Noel Edmonds and Candid Camera over the years. So do we ban all practical jokes just in case someone tips over the edge? You can't outlaw practical jokes just because an unfortunate person takes their own life. It is an awful event but nobody would have expected this. The DJ's didn't even expect to get put through anyway. I think all you can hope for is that people doing this sort of thing ask themselves is their prank likely to have a serious effect on someone's job. "

they should of thought things through more clearly! no they say they didnt expect to be put through.. they went too far when they asked medical details on her!

obtaining medical details by deciption is a serious matter and deciption is a crime..

Reply privately

over a year ago

what was the intention of the prank??

to act as the queen and prince charles to obtain classified and confidential information?

how is that any different from a person going to an elderly persons home and acting as the gas man to gain entry to steal money??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"what was the intention of the prank??

to act as the queen and prince charles to obtain classified and confidential information?

how is that any different from a person going to an elderly persons home and acting as the gas man to gain entry to steal money??"

the difference is they didnt steal any money!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Those dj's should be held to account over this

Reply privately

By *ayseanMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

What a sad story this is,never thought it would start with the news of kate+wills announcing kate was pregnant then end with the news of this lady dying tragic

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can't belive the prank call is still on youtube

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

was still on the radio stations website a couple of hours ago .. not sure if theyve pulled it yet or not

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was more shocked to find out that morning sickness warranted a hospital stay.

I was hospitalized with both pregnancies due to sickness, 24 hours a day 7 days a week so I know it can be nasty.

My heart goes out to the family of the nurse. "

pmsl!!! ... Heart goes out... Yeah i really feel sorry for the royals... Theyve got it rough havent they?... Personally i dont think any of the royals are decent... Biggest benefits cheats in the u.k. So what...shes puking... Big fuckin deal... I do that everytime kiss arse royalists wax lyrical about how wonderful the royals are...

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

pmsl!!! ... Heart goes out... Yeah i really feel sorry for the royals... Theyve got it rough havent they?... Personally i dont think any of the royals are decent... Biggest benefits cheats in the u.k. So what...shes puking... Big fuckin deal... I do that everytime kiss arse royalists wax lyrical about how wonderful the royals are... "

it does say 'heart goes out to the family of the nurse"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"what was the intention of the prank??

how is that any different from a person going to an elderly persons home and acting as the gas man to gain entry to steal money??

the difference is they didnt steal any money!!!"

Money confidential information isn't the issue, the fact is both were obtained by deciption and both are illegal to steal from someone!!!!

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and maybe a thread about the sad passing of someone is not the best place for an anti royal rant.

a wee bit respect

Reply privately

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Come on... hands up.... how many of you when you first heard the prank call were calling the receptionist a twat for falling for it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

pmsl!!! ... Heart goes out... Yeah i really feel sorry for the royals... Theyve got it rough havent they?... Personally i dont think any of the royals are decent... Biggest benefits cheats in the u.k. So what...shes puking... Big fuckin deal... I do that everytime kiss arse royalists wax lyrical about how wonderful the royals are...

it does say 'heart goes out to the family of the nurse"

"

Yh well certainly one way to make friends and influence people

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Come on... hands up.... how many of you when you first heard the prank call were calling the receptionist a twat for falling for it?"

Yep. I still can't anyone thought that was the Queen's voice on the phone (or even the other grannie's voice).

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Come on... hands up.... how many of you when you first heard the prank call were calling the receptionist a twat for falling for it?

Yep. I still can't anyone thought that was the Queen's voice on the phone (or even the other grannie's voice)."

Yh my first thought was how can anyone think the queen would ring a hospital number! But then I thought why kates security didn't have procedures in place that hospital staff were aware of

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe private health care just isnt so private after all

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Come on... hands up.... how many of you when you first heard the prank call were calling the receptionist a twat for falling for it?

Yep. I still can't anyone thought that was the Queen's voice on the phone (or even the other grannie's voice).

Yh my first thought was how can anyone think the queen would ring a hospital number! But then I thought why kates security didn't have procedures in place that hospital staff were aware of"

The telephonist sounded as if English might not be her first language.

Leaving that aisde (and I've only heard the tape once and have no desire to hear it again) it seems to me she immediately decided it was better to assume it really was the Queen and pass on the call than to assume it was a prank and tell the caller (who might have been genuine) to fuck off.

Having made that decision, she transferred the call and (probably) told the nurse something like 'it's the Queen asking about her grandaughter'.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Come on... hands up.... how many of you when you first heard the prank call were calling the receptionist a twat for falling for it?"

the other issue is that the radio station and the DJ's involved in it were bigging this up and promoting it as the "biggest prank of all time"....

so now this has happened, the unforeseen consequence of prank, they are going to struggle to back away from it...

it's going to be a career ender for the DJ's and may well be a station ender as they were on a final warning over other pranks that had backfired badly......

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I was so shocked to hear about this on the radio earlier. She leaves a family. I can't imagine how much pain she must have felt to end her life over this and leave children behind.

The prank call and her death will always be linked but they may not be. It is sad whatever her reasons.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

the other issue is that the radio station and the DJ's involved in it were bigging this up and promoting it as the "biggest prank of all time"....

so now this has happened, the unforeseen consequence of prank, they are going to struggle to back away from it...

it's going to be a career ender for the DJ's and may well be a station ender as they were on a final warning over other pranks that had backfired badly......"

I wish I shared your optimism.

Anyone remember the predictions that Jonathan Ross would never work again?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its all in the breading thats why we deported most of the arseholes to Australia. These are the sort of people who laugh at disabled people too. with luck the negative publicity will ruin their carers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They can get done with involentry assited suicide by law"

I'm no legal expert but I think that a law has to exist before you can be charged with breaking it...

To be honest this comment, is one of many on this thread that are laughable. Treason? Manslaughter?

She wasn't even the intended recipient so there was clearly no malice intended towards her.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They can get done with involentry assited suicide by law

I'm no legal expert but I think that a law has to exist before you can be charged with breaking it...

To be honest this comment, is one of many on this thread that are laughable. Treason? Manslaughter?

She wasn't even the intended recipient so there was clearly no malice intended towards her. "

I'm just wondering will they take that guy off real radio for his weekly pranks, there's not really any difference to what he does and that Aussie station

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is quite sad. That poor nurse dedicated to her job. Gets caught up in a radio prank. And it ends with her taking her own life. Her family must be beside themselves with shock.

Reply privately

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

"Its all in the breading thats why we deported most of the arseholes to Australia. These are the sort of people who laugh at disabled people too. with luck the negative publicity will ruin their carers. "

I think you will find we have MORE than our fair share of arseholes as well Would be very interesting to hear exactly what her bosses were saying to her prior to this happening they seemed very quick to say they were helping her through this difficult time. guilty people always seem to put their side across first

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 20:24:24]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"not thinking anything of the causing her death aspect..I think thats a bit too open for many a question.

However the promotion of the station,show,radio dj's, based on a prank that has knowingly been associated with their actions is disgusting, the deadbaby jokes crowd love this sort of thing..and of course relish seeing people get angry and upset...

for causing entirely unnecessary media torment of this womans memory, and to her surviving family..they should be held responsible for trolling and be fined for unethical practice."

Reply privately

over a year ago

She wasn't even the intended recipient so there was clearly no malice intended towards her. "

Erm deciption? Isn't that a crime?

No they never intended the nurse to commit suicide, but everyone has to take responsibility for their actions. Manslaughter is when someone dies of a result of something u have done even tho u never intended them to die

Reply privately

over a year ago

What astounds me is that no one thought it in extreme bad taste to even make a prank call to a HOSPITAL?

irrespective of who the patient was, WHO prank calls a hospital ffs?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What astounds me is that no one thought it in extreme bad taste to even make a prank call to a HOSPITAL?

irrespective of who the patient was, WHO prank calls a hospital ffs? "

well.. this....

there are a few other things... it took the radio station hours to put out a statement, and only then they said they are off the air "until further notice" which says to me they may try and ride this one out...

and in their news headlines segments... no mention of the story at all....

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Manslaughter is when someone dies of a result of something u have done even tho u never intended them to die"

manslaughter???? really?? get a grip!! i highly doubt that the prank was the only thing that led to her suicide!! true it may have made a bad situation worse and been the final push for thr nurse but manslaughter it was not!!!

Reply privately

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"What astounds me is that no one thought it in extreme bad taste to even make a prank call to a HOSPITAL?

well.. this....

there are a few other things... it took the radio station hours to put out a statement, and only then they said they are off the air "until further notice" which says to me they may try and ride this one out...

and in their news headlines segments... no mention of the story at all.... "

Agreed!

I've just checked out the radio station's website. Any mention of this story has been pulled.

Also, some UK news channels are also reporting that the Australian broadcasting watchdogs are starting their own investigations into this prank call which has tragically backfired.

It was a joke that has gone wrong; maybe the two DJ's should do the decent thing and resign.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She wasn't even the intended recipient so there was clearly no malice intended towards her.

Erm deciption? Isn't that a crime?

No they never intended the nurse to commit suicide, but everyone has to take responsibility for their actions. Manslaughter is when someone dies of a result of something u have done even tho u never intended them to die"

Oh please... Deception is debatable but manslaughter?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No I was just saying what manslaughter is but I do think that it is more for something like punching someone with only the intent to hurt them. altho I believe there is some odd scenrios that can be classed as manslaughter.

The thing is people are outraged at the stupid actions of these DJ's they didn't have to take it as far as they did and they can't be that stupid to not realise the consequences of what they were doing. Ok not causing a suicide but at some point they must of thought "damn this is a big thing we r doing and this could cause some major problems"

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

well.. this....

and in their news headlines segments... no mention of the story at all....

Agreed!

I've just checked out the radio station's website. Any mention of this story has been pulled.

Also, some UK news channels are also reporting that the Australian broadcasting watchdogs are starting their own investigations into this prank call which has tragically backfired.

It was a joke that has gone wrong; maybe the two DJ's should do the decent thing and resign. "

well actually the way that the radio station and people connected with it are firefighting at the moment would be laughable if it wasn't for the tragic circumstances...

they were still playing the prank call till about 2hrs ago... they remove the page from their website because they were getting slaughted for it... they have taken down their twitter... the hosts have taken down their twitter...

they then put up a statement on their facebook site... and now after about 10000 comments slaughtering then there.. they have now taken down that as well...

they are going for the keep quiet and it will all go away method...

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Manslaughter is when someone dies of a result of something u have done even tho u never intended them to die

manslaughter???? really?? get a grip!! i highly doubt that the prank was the only thing that led to her suicide!! true it may have made a bad situation worse and been the final push for thr nurse but manslaughter it was not!!! "

Sorry I never intended that to come out like I was saying it was manslaughter.. If I did I would of said it was manslaughter because..

I was just saying manslaughter is when someone dies without the intention of the killer.

Crime can be indirect that's all

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Do we even know her suicide had anything to do with the prank call?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do we even know her suicide had anything to do with the prank call?

"

Do we even know it was suicide?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"

No.

But the radio programem presenters have been taken off the show for the foreseeable future and have said sorry.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No.

But the radio programem presenters have been taken off the show for the foreseeable future and have said sorry."

That's okay then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Manslaughter is when someone dies of a result of something u have done even tho u never intended them to die

manslaughter???? really?? get a grip!! i highly doubt that the prank was the only thing that led to her suicide!! true it may have made a bad situation worse and been the final push for thr nurse but manslaughter it was not!!!

Sorry I never intended that to come out like I was saying it was manslaughter.. If I did I would of said it was manslaughter because..

I was just saying manslaughter is when someone dies without the intention of the killer.

Crime can be indirect that's all"

I think you need to read up on what actually constitutes manslaughter.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

No.

But the radio programem presenters have been taken off the show for the foreseeable future and have said sorry.

That's okay then. "

To be honest I am sure they are very sorry. Who would ever have thought that someone would kill themselves after a prank call? If indeed she did so because of that.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

beat me to it...

laughable and frankly ignorant..

the 'Royals', thought it was a joke..

the Hospital were not taking any action against those involved..

it is desperately sad whenever anyone takes their own life for whatever reason..

it happens every day in this country many times, all are equally sad for the family and friends left behind..

but 'treason'...... please

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

No, as I said above, the two incidents will now always be linked but they may not be connected at all.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

No.

That's okay then.

To be honest I am sure they are very sorry. Who would ever have thought that someone would kill themselves after a prank call? If indeed she did so because of that."

they may say they are sorry now... but they have been boasting about it right up until yesterday when they were bigging it up... and playing clips for america about there "hijinxs"

would they be sorry now if this hadn't happened... no... they were still playing the clips till 2 hrs ago....

bit late for remorse...

Reply privately

over a year ago

irrespective of who the patient was, WHO prank calls a hospital ffs? "

Sadly, the answer to your last question is - Australians. I spent a few years over there and they really do have quite a vicious sense of humour. We don't get Aussie comedians over here much because their sense of humour is just not ours. Tragically, Rolf Harris is the best we have from there.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

No.

That's okay then.

To be honest I am sure they are very sorry. Who would ever have thought that someone would kill themselves after a prank call? If indeed she did so because of that.

they may say they are sorry now... but they have been boasting about it right up until yesterday when they were bigging it up... and playing clips for america about there "hijinxs"

would they be sorry now if this hadn't happened... no... they were still playing the clips till 2 hrs ago....

bit late for remorse..."

The radio station apologised, not the presenters. But they have been removed from the show so I suspect they are sorry for themselves now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No.

That's okay then.

bit late for remorse..."

But earlier today there was no "outrage" at the call either?

No-pne was really bothered so the radio station didn't have any reason to be apologetic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No.

That's okay then.

bit late for remorse...

No-pne was really bothered so the radio station didn't have any reason to be apologetic. "

Oh I was under the impression people were upset at what they had done! Shocked that someone would air medical details, I didn't see it reported or heard it spoke about in a good way

Now the outrage is that such a public humiliation has had such an effect on one person it makes it all worse. at what point did these djs not think something major wouldn't happen from trying to breach the security of not only a hospital but the royal family?!? Noone could really have foressen the exact circumstances, but u got to be pretty stupid to not think its going to have a catastrophic effect..

Reply privately

over a year ago

another example of cruel nosiness why are folk so bound into what others are doing

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

open question to all those who were 'outraged' at the prank before todays sad news...

did anyone contact the radio station to protest or complain?

Reply privately

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"

No-pne was really bothered so the radio station didn't have any reason to be apologetic. "

Id beg to differ .. on their website it was all kicking off shortly after the clip went on air

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"open question to all those who were 'outraged' at the prank before todays sad news...

did anyone contact the radio station to protest or complain? "

apparently the australian radio station that did this had had some complaints with regards to this.... so yes there were....

in australia you have to complain to the station first and see how they reply before you go to the regulatory body...

so not like here and ofcom...

Reply privately

over a year ago

No.

That's okay then.

bit late for remorse...

No-pne was really bothered so the radio station didn't have any reason to be apologetic.

Oh I was under the impression people were upset at what they had done! Shocked that someone would air medical details, I didn't see it reported or heard it spoke about in a good way

Now the outrage is that such a public humiliation has had such an effect on one person it makes it all worse. at what point did these djs not think something major wouldn't happen from trying to breach the security of not only a hospital but the royal family?!? Noone could really have foressen the exact circumstances, but u got to be pretty stupid to not think its going to have a catastrophic effect.."

I realise that the Fab forums are a fairly basic way to gauge public opinion but was there even a thread about it on here?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"open question to all those who were 'outraged' at the prank before todays sad news...

apparently the australian radio station that did this had had some complaints with regards to this.... so yes there were....

in australia you have to complain to the station first and see how they reply before you go to the regulatory body...

so not like here and ofcom..."

Thanks Fabio..

my point is whilst some probably did complain, one persons humour being another persons 'wtf'..

just wondering how many from this thread may have done so before the sad news..

have a sneaking suspicion it wont be many, could be wrong of course...

Reply privately

over a year ago

so not like here and ofcom..."

And now they will have 1000's of complaints. A bit like the Jonathon Ross/Russell Brand phone furore when pretty much no one actually complained until over a week after when The Mail got on it's high horse.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Thanks Fabio..

my point is whilst some probably did complain, one persons humour being another persons 'wtf'..

just wondering how many from this thread may have done so before the sad news..

have a sneaking suspicion it wont be many, could be wrong of course...

"

People can be outraged about something without complaining to the people involved?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

People can be outraged about something without complaining to the people involved? "

I didn't see the humour in the prank in the first place, as I said pranking a hospital is bad taste in my book.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

People can be outraged about something without complaining to the people involved?

I didn't see the humour in the prank in the first place, as I said pranking a hospital is bad taste in my book. "

I have to be honest me neither....but then I don't like "humour" where it involves making fools out of people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think this whole incident is an absolute disgrace.

What were they thinking of trying to make a call to a pregnant women who is ill in hospital. And the staff at the hospital who are trying to do a hard job. Yes mistakes were made but how awful that this has happened.

Completely sickening

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think its tragic that a prank has ended with the death of a mother of 2 children

Regardless of whether the 2 incidents are linked or not no-one will ever be able to think of one without the other

Reply privately

over a year ago

And now they will have 1000's of complaints. A bit like the Jonathon Ross/Russell Brand phone furore when pretty much no one actually complained until over a week after when The Mail got on it's high horse.

"

well the less people who know about something the less outrage their will be, once the media jump on the story its going to become common knowledge..

noone put a thread that i know about the prannk.. but now someone just putting alink to the news about the nurse and said shocking has started peoples _iews about the prank itself.. doesnt mean they didnt feel the same about the prank before tho :/

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I didn't see the humour in the prank in the first place, as I said pranking a hospital is bad taste in my book.

I have to be honest me neither....but then I don't like "humour" where it involves making fools out of people."

Nor me.

And people need to remember that there are plenty of British DJ's who do, or have done similar.

But I don't like the vilification of the dj's either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have to be honest, I wasn't outraged by the prank that these two radio presenters carried out, in fact I thought it was quite a hoot, but there again I have a warped sense of humour at the best of times. At the time of the prank nobody was harmed and I'd like to bet that even Kate had a chuckle to think that some crazy Aussies had impersonated the Queen and gotton away with it.

I doubt that for even one nanosecond, the pranksters would have intended or otherwise imagined that their stunt would have gone so horribly, horribly wrong and I cannot imagine how they must be feeling at this precise moment in time but I'd say it's safe to assume that they won't be feeling too good knowing that their prank has cost someone their life ....

It's so very easy to condemn these to individuals for there behaviour but I wonder how many folk on here have played an innocent joke or had a laugh at someone else's expense ?

I have - on more than one occasion .... and have been very fortunate that it has ended up the way it was intended ......

Reply privately

over a year ago

well the less people who know about something the less outrage their will be, once the media jump on the story its going to become common knowledge..

noone put a thread that i know about the prannk.. but now someone just putting alink to the news about the nurse and said shocking has started peoples _iews about the prank itself.. doesnt mean they didnt feel the same about the prank before tho :/"

Like I say, the fab forums are possibly not the best place to gauge public opinion but at the end of the day many, many news stories, particularly the more salacious ones get discussed. And no one bothered. And it was the number one news story on the BBC and in all the papers so no way people didn't know. But people didn't care. As already mentioned Prince Charles was publicly joking about it yesterday. Compare and contrasta to the topless pictures earlier this year.

The prank call wasn't funny, wasn't appropriate but at the time didn't appear to hurt anyone and got a couple of Aussie shock jocks some exposure.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but deciding to be outrgaed 2 days on because of a consequence no one could have predicted is pretty pathetic. It's like being outraged by a TV program that you've not seen.

That this nurse appears to have taken her own life is tragic, and if it is as a direct result of this then it is unbelievable, but I suspect there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Let's not forget she wasn;t been disciplined and she didn't do anything wrong. She answered the phone and did what any member of staff would have done. Maybe a little naive thinking the queen could personally call at 0530, but I suspect that calls at that time are far from uncommon and she did what she should have done and would have done for anyone else. I'd be amazed if this incident in isolation has led to her taking her own life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have to be honest, I wasn't outraged by the prank that these two radio presenters carried out, in fact I thought it was quite a hoot, but there again I have a warped sense of humour at the best of times. At the time of the prank nobody was harmed and I'd like to bet that even Kate had a chuckle to think that some crazy Aussies had impersonated the Queen and gotton away with it.

I doubt that for even one nanosecond, the pranksters would have intended or otherwise imagined that their stunt would have gone so horribly, horribly wrong and I cannot imagine how they must be feeling at this precise moment in time but I'd say it's safe to assume that they won't be feeling too good knowing that their prank has cost someone their life ....

It's so very easy to condemn these to individuals for there behaviour but I wonder how many folk on here have played an innocent joke or had a laugh at someone else's expense ?

I have - on more than one occasion .... and have been very fortunate that it has ended up the way it was intended ......"

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" ......................

I have - on more than one occasion .... and have been very fortunate that it has ended up the way it was intended ......"

That's why we have murder and culpable homicide as alternative charges.

Things don't always work out as intended.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I have to be honest me neither....but then I don't like "humour" where it involves making fools out of people.

Nor me.

And people need to remember that there are plenty of British DJ's who do, or have done similar.

But I don't like the vilification of the dj's either. "

To be honest I am not outraged at the prank, I am sure lots of people thought it was funny, I just find it very sad if the to things are connected, and I am sure the two DJ's could never have known the outcome or they probably wouldn't have done it.

BUT, it shows that you really never know how people will react to "pranks"

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

two not to.

Reply privately

By *weetdebWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I have to be honest, I wasn't outraged by the prank that these two radio presenters carried out, in fact I thought it was quite a hoot, but there again I have a warped sense of humour at the best of times. At the time of the prank nobody was harmed and I'd like to bet that even Kate had a chuckle to think that some crazy Aussies had impersonated the Queen and gotton away with it.

Hear hear

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

People can be outraged about something without complaining to the people involved? "

yes some will be outraged and do nothing, agree with that..

but to be then so outraged after the prank (which was'nt that 'funny' in any case)goes pear shaped that you feel the prank equated to 'treason' etc just smacks of 'mild hysteria with hindsight'...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am a royalist and there are not many left in wales. This is shocking it realy is

Reply privately

over a year ago

" ......................

I have - on more than one occasion .... and have been very fortunate that it has ended up the way it was intended ......

Things don't always work out as intended."

So do you suggest that we charge the two presenters with murder ? Is it not the Americans who have culpable homicide and don't we have manslaughter ? I'm no lawyer but I think it would take a clever one to make any of those charges stick ...

I really feel for the young woman who took her life but one has to wonder if she had more than this issue going on in her life and was this maybe the straw that broke the camels back ? It's so so sad that anyone should get into a position where they feel that the only option open to them is to take their own life but either way it needs to be kept in context and these two presenters were playing out a prank which sadly took a very serious turn for the worst, in much the same way as we could sneak up behind out bestest friend in the world and shout 'Boo!" then they die of a heart attack .............

Reply privately

over a year ago

"two not to. "

Shocking ! Wear the dunces hat Mrs Rugby

Reply privately

over a year ago

I never thought the prank was funny or in the least bit humourous, to piss about making calls to hospitals in the name of entertainment is in extremely bad taste. As if the nursing staff have got time to fend off these kind of arseholes in the first place.

But for it to end like this is disgraceful. Of course these DJs wouldn't have expected this outcome but they were waiting hospital time when someone genuine could have been waiting to get through on the line.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" ......................

Things don't always work out as intended.

So do you suggest that we charge the two presenters with murder ? Is it not the Americans who have culpable homicide and don't we have manslaughter ? I'm no lawyer but I think it would take a clever one to make any of those charges stick ...

"

No, not at all. Simply pointing out that even the law acknowledges that the consequences of any given action sometimes need to be treated differently depending on the intent.

Scotland has a common law offence of culpable homicide.

We also, just as an aside, have the wonderfully named Hamesucken.

It is the breaking into the house of an individual and assaulting them with the intention of so doing. In days gone by it was a capital offence and indeed people have been hanged having been convicted of Hamesucken.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I did wonder if there was anything they could be charged with... other then obvious stupidity.. something that would could be based on fact rather than speculation...

for example it is illegal to impersonate a police officer... would it be illegal in that sense to impersonate the queen for example...or obtaining information via deception?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I did wonder if there was anything they could be charged with... other then obvious stupidity.. something that would could be based on fact rather than speculation...

for example it is illegal to impersonate a police officer... would it be illegal in that sense to impersonate the queen for example...or obtaining information via deception? "

Would imagine so

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I did wonder if there was anything they could be charged with... other then obvious stupidity.. something that would could be based on fact rather than speculation...

for example it is illegal to impersonate a police officer... would it be illegal in that sense to impersonate the queen for example...or obtaining information via deception?

Would imagine so"

Wouldn't 'impersonating the Queen' have landed Spitting Image in the gaol?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would imagine so

Wouldn't 'impersonating the Queen' have landed Spitting Image in the gaol?"

Spitting image didn't obtain information via deception as far as we are aware!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Would imagine so

Wouldn't 'impersonating the Queen' have landed Spitting Image in the gaol?

Spitting image didn't obtain information via deception as far as we are aware!"

The previous posts speaks of "it is illegal to impersonate a police officer... would it be illegal in that sense to impersonate the queen for example...OR obtaining information via deception"

I put the OR in bold to emphasise the point. You don't have to be guilty of both.

Reply privately

By *helmercpleCouple
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It was meant to be funny and gain publicity.

.... It wasn't funny ... But it did get publicity ... Though now they are ducking for cover as it the wrong kind.

This is from the same radio station that wired a fourteen year old girl to a fake lie detector and got her to talk about when she had been raped.

Reply privately

over a year ago

things about this station.

they are backed by the fox network which is owned by murdoch.

we all know about murdoch dont we?.

secondly this station hooked up a 12 year old to a lie detector live on air and asked her about her sexual experiences.

the 12 year old live on the air told them she had been raped.

one of its dj's called a pakistani girl born with multiple limbs as 'spider girl'

there are many more reports of grave errors in judgement at this station.

previously when a dj has made comments which offended they have been stood down only to return two weeks later.

this is not the first time an australian programme or radio station has done something which goe beyond a joke and maybe this is something in their make up that they find this sort of thing funny?

as for the nurse who took the call. she was not english so she would not have been able to tell if it was the queen or not.

and as for law. the company and the dj's are partlyor in full responsible for the nurse taking her life.

so should be arrested and charged with manslaugter.

and as the station still had the recording of the dead woman on its website many hours after the news broke they are also 'complicit' as they would have been aware of the death, failed to act and used the content to promote the station and its business.

it is worth also pointing out the fox network in america used the recording and promoted it on its late night shows.

even conan o'brien on tbs recreated a mock up of the call.

again this could be actionable.

the state of mind of the nurse relevant and it could be argued that this hoax call and media involvement contributed to her condition.

i would also be seeking a conversation with the australian pm or office on this issue and possibly inter_iewing those responsible in the uk or australia under caution.

and contacting companies which sponsor the station would also bring pressure on the those in government to remove its broadcast license.

it is clear the station has made a lot of capital on this 'hoax call' before the tragic outcome.

so i believe a case has merits in court.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This death has caused an outcry cos most of us don't live or work within the media and don't fully understand or comprehend the impact the media can have on a person. The death brought the matter to mind.

Those DJ's work in the media and have a working knowledge of how things happen and how they effect people! They themselves have been part of media coverage due to past stunts they have pulled. So how can they pull the "we didn't realise the impact" card and expect us all to accept innocence on their part!

They should of been fully aware of what they were doing when pranking something that already had worlwide interest!

Its sad this nurse died, but I hope her death won't be in vein and the media and govenments of the world learn something from it! I know recently there was something that went through the british courts about the behaviour of the media and I'm not sure the details or outcome but hope this helps the media to conduct their business more appropriotly!

Especially after the phone hacking came to light to!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bugger if im going to read all of these comments,a tragic ending to a typical funny radio prank that went wrong and even Charles had a laugh about it the following day when being questioned by a journo.No action needs to be taken at all as far as im concerned.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i agree entirely, its a risk prankers take when they mess with people, they have no idea whats going on in thier minds and how they will react.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The death of that nurse is very sad. The Australian radio presenters who made the hoax call have rightly been taken off air out of respect. However, if it was suicide we have no way of knowing what part, if any, the prank call played. If it did play a significant part it was not reasonably foreseeable that their actions, stupid and wrong though they were, would lead to her death. I am sure they feel bad enough already. It adds to the litany of media / journalist wrongdoing but as a public news story, that should be the end of it. I do not condone or excuse them but the response has to be proportionate to what they did. Calm yourselves down Daily Mail and the rest of the media world. Leave the family to grieve in peace.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The death of that nurse is very sad. The Australian radio presenters who made the hoax call have rightly been taken off air out of respect. However, if it was suicide we have no way of knowing what part, if any, the prank call played. If it did play a significant part it was not reasonably foreseeable that their actions, stupid and wrong though they were, would lead to her death. I am sure they feel bad enough already. It adds to the litany of media / journalist wrongdoing but as a

public news story, that should be the end of it. I do not condone or excuse them but the response has to be proportionate to what they did. Calm yourselves down Daily Mail and the rest of the media world. Leave the family to grieve in peace. "

But the thing the got me was that the radio station was openly joking about the call, even after the death of this nurse, the way the media are these days show they have no self respect for other privacy. I hope they all learn from this and leave people's private life's private. IMO

Reply privately

By *ctavius StuntMan
over a year ago

london

I could be lazy and let the media tell me what to think about this, but i am resisting that as always and trying to think for myself.

if its a criminal offence to impersonate a police officer you would think it might be an offence to impersonate the queen.

The link is being made by the media that this nurse killed herself because of the prank call, but we dont "know" that do we ? As reasons to end your life its a very poor one isnt it ? At least its by far and away the wosrt reason i have ever heard of in my lifetime.

So far it is also a "suspected" suicide. There is no way the DJ's could have reasonably forseen a suicide as an outcome. If that is the conclusion you come to then i assume you will never be playing a joke on anyone ever again.

Reply privately

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

the poor waman must have been so distraught at the thought of letting our future queen down that she took her own life and yet you dismiss it so lightly!,prats!.

Reply privately

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

No, as I said above, the two incidents will now always be linked but they may not be connected at all."

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/12/12 17:43:41]

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

lets face it ,this was not a local office prank where you think bastards smile outwardly to cover your embarrassment and then move on ,this was a major global nedia event where you were named and had everyone laffing your inability to quickly identify the voice of the most famous monarch in the world ,

Would that effect me mentally ,bet your life it would,especially if i was already Stressed,would i take the ultimate step ,i don't know i have never been there .

Laws were broken here and in Australia this was a good old fashioned social engineering attack,in order to obtain information of the most personal nature.

Throw the book at these no talent fuckwits i say

Reply privately

over a year ago

its a wonder what would happen if the radiostation's DJ's felt like pranking the family of the deceased...in the humour factor of course..I'm sure it'd get a boosting in the ratings

well thats not that far away from what they have done is it?

I love pranks...but if one went horribly wrong like that...would I boast about it to everyone?-doubt it.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

this issue i have are many... that they went after the big people (the royals) without considering the impact it may of had on the people below... collateral damage so to speak

they went after the ratings and bragged about what they had done on twitter since wednesday... and were still playing the tape until a few hours AFTER it had been announced what had happened

I don't think you are going to be able to charge them with anything more that getting information by deception... as anything else would be subjective

it was in poor taste before pranking a hospital, it is still in poor taste now....

Reply privately

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"the poor waman must have been so distraught at the thought of letting our future queen down that she took her own life and yet you dismiss it so lightly!,prats!. "

A statement from the Samaritans suggested that people in similar situations have more than a single issue affecting them.

The hospital statement suggested that they were counselling her through a 'difficult' time. Maybe not just this single incident. A tragedy nonetheless.

Reply privately

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

[Removed by poster at 08/12/12 18:59:32]

Reply privately

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

ive heard that the nurse who killed herself was the one who put the dj through to the nurse who gave the info out...she didnt actually give any information away

also it was pre recorded and okayed by the radio stations lawyers..

beggars belief

Reply privately

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I wonder how many of the ‘outraged’ were ‘outraged’ before Friday morning?

I wonder how many of the ‘outraged’ have previously complained about shows such as Phone Jacker or the guy who took over the Radio 1 breakfast show getting his guests to make prank calls every morning.

If you were outraged before Friday morning, well fair enough. If you were not, then why are you outraged now? Why were you not outraged before Friday morning…. Is it because you would never have predicted what was going to happen? I doubt very much the DJ’s could have either. In fact they made very clear from the start of the prank they were expecting a polite “fuck off” and they were just as surprised as anyone else they were put through.

Whilst I feel for the nurse’s family, I don’t even want to imagine what the pranksters are going through having that sort of guilt-trip dropped on them for doing something countless people have done in one way or another before.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"I wonder how many of the ‘outraged’ were ‘outraged’ before Friday morning?

I wonder how many of the ‘outraged’ have previously complained about shows such as Phone Jacker or the guy who took over the Radio 1 breakfast show getting his guests to make prank calls every morning.

If you were outraged before Friday morning, well fair enough. If you were not, then why are you outraged now? Why were you not outraged before Friday morning…. Is it because you would never have predicted what was going to happen? I doubt very much the DJ’s could have either. In fact they made very clear from the start of the prank they were expecting a polite “fuck off” and they were just as surprised as anyone else they were put through.

Whilst I feel for the nurse’s family, I don’t even want to imagine what the pranksters are going through having that sort of guilt-trip dropped on them for doing something countless people have done in one way or another before.

"

once again Polo speaks a lot of sense!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I thought it was very wrong when I first heard about the prank call before this tragedy ensued.

I am not a lover of prank calls. I don't find it funny particularly. This was particularly disgraceful because on no account is ringing a hospital to try and gain information about someones health funny.

Even if the pranksters were expecting a fuck off, where were their heads in wasting hospital time when staff there are trying to do a stressful job of caring for the sick and don't have the extra time to deal with idiots.

Kate and William are entitled to privacy relating to their health and personal issues. On what level making stupid calls is going to benefit a sick person and their family if they hear about it.

Most people agree that making hoax calls to emergency services is inappropriate and whilst this was making a call to a hospital ward, it is still inappropriate. It wasn't funny to start with, the way in which this escalated was a complete tragedy and I have absolutely no sympathy for those pranksters involved.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If it was done as a prank call and they didn't expect to get through ( let's face it that is what you would like to think would happen ) then why did they not...

A. put the phone down when they realised they were getting personal information....or

B. Not air that personal information on a vid on their website.

A prank of pretending to be the Queen is a lot different to airing someones personal information over the air waves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Roll up roll up... Mass Hysteria hits the Fab forums yet again... roll up roll up, read all about it!!!

"

im trying to get through to the station to vent my anger at them."

Oooookay!

"

why is this not a criminal matter? if someone steals someones medical records thats a crime right? leaking confidential information is a crime right?

isnt oz still part of our queen.. TREASON!"

Nobody stole anyones medical records though so that ones going to be a little difficult to stick.

Oh and TREASON roughly translates to the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign, disloyalty or treachery to one's country or its government or of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government.

Nobodies leaked any information other than the actual nurse who isn't the one who's died.

"

regardless of it being a prank now you have a death it becomes manslaughter."

and how on earth are you going to prove the prank was the sole cause of her death exactly

"

if i was representing the family of the nurse i would be seeking to bring everyone responsible to the uk to face the courts or deal with them in their home land.

"

On what charge ?

I know it's sad news but seriously, some of you need to get a grip

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Roll up roll up... Mass Hysteria hits the Fab forums yet again... roll up roll up, read all about it!!!

Oooookay!

isnt oz still part of our queen.. TREASON!

Nobody stole anyones medical records though so that ones going to be a little difficult to stick.

Oh and TREASON roughly translates to the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign, disloyalty or treachery to one's country or its government or of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government.

Nobodies leaked any information other than the actual nurse who isn't the one who's died.

and how on earth are you going to prove the prank was the sole cause of her death exactly

if i was representing the family of the nurse i would be seeking to bring everyone responsible to the uk to face the courts or deal with them in their home land.

On what charge ?

I know it's sad news but seriously, some of you need to get a grip "

I say lets get rid of the royal family and this would not have happened lmao

Reply privately

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Roll up roll up... Mass Hysteria hits the Fab forums yet again... roll up roll up, read all about it!!!

Oooookay!

isnt oz still part of our queen.. TREASON!

On what charge ?

I know it's sad news but seriously, some of you need to get a grip

I say lets get rid of the royal family and this would not have happened lmao"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is it not illegal to mislead people by saying you are the Queen?

Before anyone starts I know she had a stunt double jumping out of a plane etc for the Olympics.

I feel the prank call was in such poor taste and if they really believed they wouldn't have got through they should have hung up the moment they did.

What's worse is the station big wigs also listened to the tape prior to it being aired and deemed it suitable.

Why do people feel the need to hound our Royal Family?

I feel for the nurse and her family, why speculate that she could have had previous problems? She has been made a laughing stock in the worlds press and probably hounded by them too - who are we to judge or say that wouldn't be enough for someone to take their own lives?

I hope there are serious consequences for the 2 DJs concerned that are alot more than just "being taken off the air"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is it not illegal to mislead people by saying you are the Queen?

Before anyone starts I know she had a stunt double jumping out of a plane etc for the Olympics.

I feel the prank call was in such poor taste and if they really believed they wouldn't have got through they should have hung up the moment they did.

What's worse is the station big wigs also listened to the tape prior to it being aired and deemed it suitable.

Why do people feel the need to hound our Royal Family?

I feel for the nurse and her family, why speculate that she could have had previous problems? She has been made a laughing stock in the worlds press and probably hounded by them too - who are we to judge or say that wouldn't be enough for someone to take their own lives?

I hope there are serious consequences for the 2 DJs concerned that are alot more than just "being taken off the air""

I am the Queen !!!! arrest me and send me to the gallows!!! lol

Reply privately

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"i know it's sad news but seriously, some of you need to get a grip "

a poor woman killed herself because of the pressure!,a life that should have been enjoying planning for christmas and the new year yet plebs scoff and say it was only a prank that went wrong.

prats!.

prats!.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"i know it's sad news but seriously, some of you need to get a grip

a poor woman killed herself because of the pressure!,a life that should have been enjoying planning for christmas and the new year yet plebs scoff and say it was only a prank that went wrong.

prats!.

prats!. "

And you know that this was the SOLE reason she did it? You know her personally and she told you it was the pressure of this prank that made her kill herself? If that is the case then I will accept your argument. If it's nit then I will continue to believe that this is a contributory factor and that other things in her life combined with the prank led to her taking her own life.

The hospital confirmed that there wad no disciplinary action being taken at that point. I don't believe she was named until after she did it so it couldn't have been that she was being harassed outside of work. The royal family were joking about the prank so they were cool with it. None of this points to the prank being the sole reason for someone taking their life.

No one has scoffed, all have said it was a tragic thing that happened. All that some people have done is say that it was never the intention of the DJ's for this to have happened.

I dont see the need for name calling to be honest, quite a childish reaction to someone with a different _iew to you

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's worth mentioning that if she didn't have personal mental issues that led to a place in her head where suicide was ther only option she could consider then her culture may have been a contributing factor. She was from India and the culture of shame is strong in Indian communities. She may have felt that betraying the royals in her care (in so much as they were at the hospital where she worked) was a shame she couldn't bear. Of course, she hadn't betrayed them at all but in her mind she must have felt she had.

The Aussie DJs couldn't have possibly known that this poor soul would kill herself but you have to question the mentality of a duo who thought it would be a great idea to play a prank on a woman who was suffering sever morning sickness in the early stages of pregnancy. Bear in mind also, that Kate felt like shit, had been on a drip for days and she knew that when she emerged from hospital she'd have to be in full make up looking her regal best for the hundreds of cameras waiting for her.

But hey, the royals are fair game huh? Even to a pair of Aussie dickheads.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I won't suggest she had mental health issues before this prank as that would be hugely disingenuous, she chose to take her own life and that is truly sad.

May her family be proud of her, no matter what the circumstances of her passing.

RIP x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cant help thinking this woman was scared and could see no way out why maybe she did this feeling she let people down maybe? ..... her poor family and i wish she could have chatted to someone like Samaritans get it off her chest and out in the open and see things never look so bad at times if you can chat about it.The mind can play all sorts of games with us and its so sad this story .. The couple from radio station have a lot to think about now rest of there lives ,

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

prats!.

prats!. "

your talking rubbish tbh, no one except her close family may have an idea why the woman may have taken her own life..

which many on here have said is very sad and tragic..

who in your opinion has 'scoffed'..

as for plebs and prats.. no need for it and it further reduces your input..

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

may she be at peace xxxxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Human beings are hard-wired to want to survive, under normal circumstances. Taking one's own life is actually quite difficult and for anyone to do it usually requires them to be in a very, very disturbed mental state.

I speak from experience having been suicidal on previous occasions.

I feel for this woman and her family, friends and colleagues but she was probably in a difficult place, mentally, before this incident. The DJs couldn't have known that.

This incident may have tipped her over the edge but it's not possible to know that. It may have had little or nothing to do with it.

The prank was in poor taste, IMO and the ultimate result is unfortunate and deeply sad, but an accident.

How the station and the DJs handled it after the event, however, is completely reprehensible.

Reply privately