Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feel Good

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's something that's made you feel really good recently? It can be anything from a nice comment from a stranger, someone doing something random for you etc..

For me it was when I was doing my shopping this morning. There was an older lady in front of me who had been doing her weeks shopping. When she went to pay the cashier said to her that someone had put money on store voucher for her. They had purchased a 200 euro voucher abd told the cashier to specifically keep it for this lady. She started crying and went on to tell the cashier how her house had been broke into the previous week and every cent she owned was now gone. She said she stupidly never had a bank or credit union account so saved all her money at home but was now left with nothing. She told her how she was looking after 2 of her grandkids while her daughter was in rehab. She went on to say how that voucher was the difference between eating bd heating her home. She said the person in question must have known her story. She said all this through tears of pure joy. She couldn't believe someone could be so kind.

I walked out of my local Lidil with the biggest smile on my face. We often read feel good stories on the Internet but I've often wondered are they actually true. To day for the first time in my life I can I witnessed something beautiful.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yowser!!

over a year ago

"Yowser!! "

I know. It really made my day. Gave me the feels

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

That’s a very sad story and an incredibly heartwarming story all rolled together

I’m feeling a bit emotional now.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The poor lady!

over a year ago

Skydiving and driving down empty highways away from humans.

over a year ago

Interviewing for a new job! Mine was their first interview and they had a week full of interviews scheduled! They called me the next day, offered me the job and cancelled all the other interviews

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"Interviewing for a new job! Mine was their first interview and they had a week full of interviews scheduled! They called me the next day, offered me the job and cancelled all the other interviews "

That is pretty damn impressive! Congratulations!

over a year ago

"Interviewing for a new job! Mine was their first interview and they had a week full of interviews scheduled! They called me the next day, offered me the job and cancelled all the other interviews

That is pretty damn impressive! Congratulations!"

Thank you it’s for a charity I love, so pretty stoked

over a year ago

"What's something that's made you feel really good recently? It can be anything from a nice comment from a stranger, someone doing something random for you etc..

For me it was when I was doing my shopping this morning. There was an older lady in front of me who had been doing her weeks shopping. When she went to pay the cashier said to her that someone had put money on store voucher for her. They had purchased a 200 euro voucher abd told the cashier to specifically keep it for this lady. She started crying and went on to tell the cashier how her house had been broke into the previous week and every cent she owned was now gone. She said she stupidly never had a bank or credit union account so saved all her money at home but was now left with nothing. She told her how she was looking after 2 of her grandkids while her daughter was in rehab. She went on to say how that voucher was the difference between eating bd heating her home. She said the person in question must have known her story. She said all this through tears of pure joy. She couldn't believe someone could be so kind.

I walked out of my local Lidil with the biggest smile on my face. We often read feel good stories on the Internet but I've often wondered are they actually true. To day for the first time in my life I can I witnessed something beautiful."

In a world where you can anything...be kind

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

I interviewed someone for a position within my dept and she was so good I offered her job there and then

She was so happy and grateful just to get the job it made me feel rather happy too knowing I helped someone out

over a year ago

"That’s a very sad story and an incredibly heartwarming story all rolled together

I’m feeling a bit emotional now.

"

I was too. I think everyone I'm the que was a little emotional.

over a year ago

"Interviewing for a new job! Mine was their first interview and they had a week full of interviews scheduled! They called me the next day, offered me the job and cancelled all the other interviews "

Would he delighted.

over a year ago

"Interviewing for a new job! Mine was their first interview and they had a week full of interviews scheduled! They called me the next day, offered me the job and cancelled all the other interviews

That is pretty damn impressive! Congratulations!

Thank you it’s for a charity I love, so pretty stoked "

over a year ago

Had a bear in my yard this morning. Watched it from our deck it gives you a sense of how fragile being a human is.

over a year ago

"Had a bear in my yard this morning. Watched it from our deck it gives you a sense of how fragile being a human is."

Would love a beer

over a year ago

"I interviewed someone for a position within my dept and she was so good I offered her job there and then

She was so happy and grateful just to get the job it made me feel rather happy too knowing I helped someone out "

Sounds good. Always nice to help someone out

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Why a lovely thing to have happened.

I’ve had such lovely things for me recently because of something huge I did for my best friends. Hair cut, my dream tent gifted to me, my house cleaned, drinks and meals bought and such wonderfully kind words from so many people including strangers to me. Just hard to accept all the kindness!

over a year ago

"Why a lovely thing to have happened.

I’ve had such lovely things for me recently because of something huge I did for my best friends. Hair cut, my dream tent gifted to me, my house cleaned, drinks and meals bought and such wonderfully kind words from so many people including strangers to me. Just hard to accept all the kindness!"

Aww I'm glad you got some kindness retured

Post new Message to Thread