Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Horror movies involving demons

Jump to newest

By *unandgamegeek OP   Man
over a year ago

Bolton

Is anyone else fed up of horror movies involving demons and demonic possession?

I don't mean classics like The Exorcist for example, I mean all the latest modern horror movies that have demons as the antagonist.

I'm actually pretty sick of these kind of horror movies being churned out every year because they're all pretty much the same with a crap story with badly written characters and pointless, predictable, annoying jump scares every five minutes.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I prefer tension building horror for the most part now.

What you don't see is equally scary as what you do see, often more so.

Sometimes with that, possession movies create that tension. They aren't always scary and jumpy, but the atmosphere they give off is scarier than jump scare paranormal crap like doors slamming and loud noises.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've not seen that many of them, but like any genre, there are formulaic elements, I'm sure

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Is anyone else fed up of horror movies involving demons and demonic possession?

I don't mean classics like The Exorcist for example, I mean all the latest modern horror movies that have demons as the antagonist.

I'm actually pretty sick of these kind of horror movies being churned out every year because they're all pretty much the same with a crap story with badly written characters and pointless, predictable, annoying jump scares every five minutes."

It's giving demon's a bad name.

I imagine that the decent demon's are well pissed off.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I do agree with you the market is saturated with crappy demonic possession films; I'm guessing off the back of The Conjuring/Insidious franchise being so successful, and although I do have my issues with these films, I still enjoy them.

Personally, I like spooky, ghostly, demonic horror much more than grotesque body horror.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend Doctor Sleep, the sequel to The Shinning

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm looking forward to watching the new Hellraiser film

over a year ago

Horror films are always such a hit and miss, but I believe there are tons of good possession horror movies. Just my fav movie genre

over a year ago

Fallen was good, but the demon was in people for the most part.

over a year ago

Bolton

I'm sure there are some good ones out there but I have to give them a miss basically because demon horror movies are pretty much done to death.

It would be nice to see horror movies with vampires, werewolves or any kind of supernatural monster for once but sadly they always get placed in either kids movies or crappy straight to dvd movies.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Coming to a cinema near you soon: The Conjuring Of Insidious Emily Rose.

Watch in terror as the budget stretches to include some cheap and ineptly rendered CGI special effects and a demon suddenly jumps right up in front of the camera for an entirely predictable and highly cliched jump scare moment

over a year ago

"Coming to a cinema near you soon: The Conjuring Of Insidious Emily Rose.

Watch in terror as the budget stretches to include some cheap and ineptly rendered CGI special effects and a demon suddenly jumps right up in front of the camera for an entirely predictable and highly cliched jump scare moment "

Him, not sold on that

over a year ago

These films have been done to death but I'm curious about the film Host. It was filmed at the height of Covid 19. Bunch of freinds hold a seance over a Zoom call and accidentally summon a demon.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I don't watch horror movies for that reason. There's not tension or build to make you genuinely scared.

If you like varied supernatural creatures, give Supernatural a watch. It's a good TV series that's 15 seasons long

over a year ago

"These films have been done to death but I'm curious about the film Host. It was filmed at the height of Covid 19. Bunch of freinds hold a seance over a Zoom call and accidentally summon a demon."

It's very predictable also you see the guy in a full black body suit in some scenes

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I don't watch horror movies for that reason. There's not tension or build to make you genuinely scared.

If you like varied supernatural creatures, give Supernatural a watch. It's a good TV series that's 15 seasons long "

11 seasons really. Stick with the first 11. Forget the final 4.

over a year ago

"These films have been done to death but I'm curious about the film Host. It was filmed at the height of Covid 19. Bunch of freinds hold a seance over a Zoom call and accidentally summon a demon.

It's very predictable also you see the guy in a full black body suit in some scenes"

That's disappointing

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I don't watch horror movies for that reason. There's not tension or build to make you genuinely scared.

If you like varied supernatural creatures, give Supernatural a watch. It's a good TV series that's 15 seasons long

11 seasons really. Stick with the first 11. Forget the final 4. "

True, but after 11 seasons you kinda feel the need to hate-watch the rest of it

over a year ago

Bolton

I will say, the only thing that is good in these kind of horror movies is the visuals.

Smile for example has one of the most disturbing and grotesque looking demons I have ever seen in any horror movie.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

True, but after 11 seasons you kinda feel the need to hate-watch the rest of it "

Son of a bitch!!

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Son of a bitch!!"

Whatever Assbutt

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"I will say, the only thing that is good in these kind of horror movies is the visuals.

Smile for example has one of the most disturbing and grotesque looking demons I have ever seen in any horror movie. "

Great, now you've made me even more desperate to watch it.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

Son of a bitch!!

Whatever Assbutt "

Ya idjit

By *ervice2000Man
over a year ago

derby

Havent seen a decent horror in a very long time!! Any suggestions?

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"Havent seen a decent horror in a very long time!! Any suggestions? "

Smile

Black phone

Barbarian

Fall

By *ervice2000Man
over a year ago

derby

"Havent seen a decent horror in a very long time!! Any suggestions?

Smile

Black phone

Barbarian

Fall"

Black phone was just ok i thought. Someone told me smile was not worth watching? Fall isnt that morr a thriller?

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Smile

Black phone

Barbarian

Fall

Black phone was just ok i thought. Someone told me smile was not worth watching? Fall isnt that morr a thriller?"

Still good though

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Pray for the devil I liked

over a year ago

Bolton

Smile

Black phone

Barbarian

Fall"

The Mother in Barbarian is pretty messed up especially with how she became this deranged monster.

I would consider Fall as more of a Thriller.

By *ervice2000Man
over a year ago

derby

"Pray for the devil I liked "

Gonna check out the trailer 4 that now.

Post new Message to Thread