Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

False flattery?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have you ever told a sexual partner, (i.e. someone you were with in real-life, already having sex or with the intention that you would be having sex), that they're attractive/beautiful/gorgeous/handsome, not meaning a word of it (because they weren't but you wanted the shag), but because you felt you should for some reason?

If so, why?

If you said something like that in those circumstances, how likely would it be you'd mean it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, I've never told someone I fancied them when I didn't as it would then become evident when old percy doesn't rise to the occasion.

over a year ago

No. But people have to me. It's obvious, and why I don't do it.

I don't 'do' compliments unless it's something I actually mean.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Yes I have, when I have been horny and it got me my leg over.

Yeah, I was horny

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

I would imagine it's a small number of people that haven't done that. By no means is it common practice but I'd be lying if I sad I hadn't

over a year ago

To clarify here, I mean have you given the false flattery once you're already going to get a shag (or are getting a shag).

Not in order to get one. I'm sure most of us have flattered someone to try to get into their pants.

over a year ago

No never, because I couldn't "go there" if I didn't fancy someone. I'm sure it's been done to me a few times and I've fallen for it

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

I would keep giving flattery even if I was guaranteed sex because if I've made someone want to have sex with me I've obviously made them feel something it would be a shit thing to suddenly just stop complimenting once you've got what you wanted. Compliments are a dangerous thing. If you dish them out to someone you need to stand by them in my opinion x

over a year ago

I haven't,but you see it on thi site in the webcams all the time.

over a year ago

"I haven't,but you see it on thi site in the webcams all the time."

Oh ppl say the nicest things to me when I'm on cam, I know for a fact they wouldn't look twice normally, I take it all with a pinch of salt, very nice to hear tho lol

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Have you ever told a sexual partner, (i.e. someone you were with in real-life, already having sex or with the intention that you would be having sex), that they're attractive/beautiful/gorgeous/handsome, not meaning a word of it (because they weren't but you wanted the shag), but because you felt you should for some reason?

If so, why?

If you said something like that in those circumstances, how likely would it be you'd mean it?"

No i say what i mean and mean what i say.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Have you ever told a sexual partner, (i.e. someone you were with in real-life, already having sex or with the intention that you would be having sex), that they're attractive/beautiful/gorgeous/handsome, not meaning a word of it (because they weren't but you wanted the shag), but because you felt you should for some reason?

If so, why?

If you said something like that in those circumstances, how likely would it be you'd mean it?"

I would not lie to flatter. But then I would nit deliberately make anybody feel inferior or bad, I hate bullying in any form and I believe in Karma.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

i think some of my gentlemen friends have been on the cooking sherry today, some of the shit they have come out with today

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If so, why?

I doubt you will get an honest answer from the people who obviously do it.... a lot.

over a year ago

If so, why?

If you said something like that in those circumstances, how likely would it be you'd mean it?

I doubt you will get an honest answer from the people who obviously do it.... a lot."

I think that's probably true. I was curious about what people would say though.

I also wonder sometimes if the people who do it are aware that they do it. How often is it calculated, versus being habit or something they're unaware of (or deluded about)?

Again, not something I am likely to be able to find out here, if at all.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

I'm not good at flattery,my insincerity shines through.

Honesty is my greatest enemy,and my best friend.i'm happy to live with that.

over a year ago

If so, why?

Yeh done it I guess most guys have to get a shag. Words are cheap sometimes.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I only flatter one person but that's cos I fancy the pants off him..Yes I mean it.. he is lovely . Unfortunately it makes little difference to him LoL

I will keep working on it

over a year ago

nope never because I'm not a DESPERATE FUCKING LIAR

over a year ago

Nope never do that , if I tell someone there gorgeous its because that's how I see and feel about them

over a year ago

im honest. brutally.

never use to be like this but lately people have been abusing my trust and friendship and for once ive just been telling them what i should have years ago.

i only meet people i really do want to so why would i mock them sexually.

over a year ago

If so, why?

If you said something like that in those circumstances, how likely would it be you'd mean it?I would not lie to flatter. But then I would nit deliberately make anybody feel inferior or bad, I hate bullying in any form and I believe in Karma."

over a year ago

Well I don't recall doing it. I tell my OH but then I mean it. I don't make false compliments to other men as I don't need to desperately have sex with anyone else.

Recently some of the threads on this forum when guys have been sucking up to the women have been sickening and really cringeworthy to read

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

"Well I don't recall doing it. I tell my OH but then I mean it. I don't make false compliments to other men as I don't need to desperately have sex with anyone else.

Recently some of the threads on this forum when guys have been sucking up to the women have been sickening and really cringeworthy to read "

Well said

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

If so, why?

I can't imagine allowing anyone I didn't find attractive near me: there would be no arousal, so why would I bother?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Well I don't recall doing it. I tell my OH but then I mean it. I don't make false compliments to other men as I don't need to desperately have sex with anyone else.

Recently some of the threads on this forum when guys have been sucking up to the women have been sickening and really cringeworthy to read

Well said"

I dont find it sickening...more funny as fuck.

over a year ago

i only ever say i think someone is good looking if i think they are.

if someone sends me a face pic i do sometimes say thanks very nice though even if i dont realy mean it.

if they arent my type i tell them though.

over a year ago

I think the longer you spend with someone you start to notice the beautiful and the ugly in them.

I can look at someone one day and think they are the most beautiful creature ever. Everything about them is surrounded by a golden glow.

The next day I can look at the same person and notice things that I find very unattractive about them and think 'you aren't actually that attractive really'

I would tell them they were looking good on the days they were, but on the other days I would keep my thoughts to myself.

over a year ago

I am not known for my honesty for no reasons. I speak my mind, always have, and always will. No pretension or false flattery from me.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I think the longer you spend with someone you start to notice the beautiful and the ugly in them.

I can look at someone one day and think they are the most beautiful creature ever. Everything about them is surrounded by a golden glow.

The next day I can look at the same person and notice things that I find very unattractive about them and think 'you aren't actually that attractive really'

I would tell them they were looking good on the days they were, but on the other days I would keep my thoughts to myself."

A "gentleman" i know, knew i was in bed this morning and offered to come and keep me company. I said i look rough as fuck he said yes dont forget ive seen you first thing in the morning

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 19:40:18]

over a year ago

"I think the longer you spend with someone you start to notice the beautiful and the ugly in them.

I would tell them they were looking good on the days they were, but on the other days I would keep my thoughts to myself.

A "gentleman" i know, knew i was in bed this morning and offered to come and keep me company. I said i look rough as fuck he said yes dont forget ive seen you first thing in the morning "

Smooth operator

over a year ago

Nope. They don't have to be gorgeous - just fun to be with.

over a year ago

"Nope. They don't have to be gorgeous - just fun to be with. "

There's hope for me yet!

Post new Message to Thread