Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Great Good Bad Indifferent

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Events, parties, meets...

Everyone is so utterly lovely and fab.

Would you ever give an honest veri or review that had less than perfection in it for good reasons not mean?

Or say nothing to be 'polite', or to keep on the ins, and just sit hoping for better next time?

How would people or hosts know what worked well or not, or needed refreshed, rested, or changed for the better?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Events, parties, meets...

Everyone is so utterly lovely and fab.

Would you ever give an honest veri or review that had less than perfection in it for good reasons not mean?

Or say nothing to be 'polite', or to keep on the ins, and just sit hoping for better next time?

How would people or hosts know what worked well or not, or needed refreshed, rested, or changed for the better?"

I think the issue is getting a fraudulent one back out of spite plus they or you can always hide them from public view

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

‘CumguzzlingKaren turned up and outright refused to nosh me off.

Ok, so I had neglected to wash the old chap for a few weeks but talk about her name being a misnomer….’

That sort of thing?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For clubs I would write an honest review.

For a personal meet what I write I genuinely mean. I’m not gonna say anything like “her photos are filtered” or “beware guys her breath stinks” (not that I’ve met anyone whose does!!) or “nice lass but her BJs are a bit toothy and rough” .. that would remain silent and unsaid!

over a year ago

"‘CumguzzlingKaren turned up and outright refused to nosh me off.

Ok, so I had neglected to wash the old chap for a few weeks but talk about her name being a misnomer….’

That sort of thing? "

Not what I was meaning, no

over a year ago

As above poster stated if it was a bad veri nobody would post it anyways. I tend to give little notice to them regardless. Another person's opinion isn't going to necessarily be my own. If I've met someone and it wasn't exactly stellar I'd still do a veri based on if they were an okay person to meet. I mean I tend not to wax lyrical anyways, just stick to X person turned up, was as expected yada yada

over a year ago

I'll add that 'less than perfection' is one thing. I mean if someone turned out to be a 'bit of a wrong un'. Then I'd not be writing a veri, just reporting them

over a year ago

They are verifications, not trip advisor reviews.

over a year ago

"As above poster stated if it was a bad veri nobody would post it anyways. I tend to give little notice to them regardless. Another person's opinion isn't going to necessarily be my own. If I've met someone and it wasn't exactly stellar I'd still do a veri based on if they were an okay person to meet. I mean I tend not to wax lyrical anyways, just stick to X person turned up, was as expected yada yada "

Yep, no need to be rude but a little realism & honesty would be refreshing. Like some people behave very differently in person to online. It'd be good to give a little hint of that for the next in line.

But as far as events go, I'd want to know if an idea didn't play out as well as I'd imagined it would so not to repeat it

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I was once asked to leave a creative bad verification for someone

over a year ago

"They are verifications, not trip advisor reviews. "

Lol

It's just the super duper wonderful perfection that is trotted out that makes them worth less than they could be, no?

over a year ago

"I was once asked to leave a creative bad verification for someone "

Hahaha, that's a new one

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I was once asked to leave a creative bad verification for someone

Hahaha, that's a new one"

Diamondsmiles left one for Brightonsteve saying Shit shag

over a year ago

Hahaha, that's a new one

Diamondsmiles left one for Brightonsteve saying Shit shag "

See, that'd make me think the person has a gsoh and likely the very opposite. Definitely more interesting than talk of dysons and respect

over a year ago

I mean in reality if someone's on a 'normal' dating site there's zero 'reviews' anyway. So the fact there's veris on here means not a lot either. Just use your own judgement like a rational adult

over a year ago

"I mean in reality if someone's on a 'normal' dating site there's zero 'reviews' anyway. So the fact there's veris on here means not a lot either. Just use your own judgement like a rational adult "

It's like a cheat sheet or tldr

over a year ago

"They are verifications, not trip advisor reviews.

Lol

It's just the super duper wonderful perfection that is trotted out that makes them worth less than they could be, no?"

I think most people would prefer even 'constructive' criticism to be private, so yes, the public ones do tend to the bland or uniform. There are some good funny 'critical' ones but they are obviously not serious.

over a year ago

"They are verifications, not trip advisor reviews.

Lol

It's just the super duper wonderful perfection that is trotted out that makes them worth less than they could be, no?

I think most people would prefer even 'constructive' criticism to be private, so yes, the public ones do tend to the bland or uniform. There are some good funny 'critical' ones but they are obviously not serious."

I was meaning 'less than perfection' as in more realistic and less 'disney does dallas'. I don't think criticisms would be necessary to give a better feel for someone.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

So posting ‘ don’t meet this person or the next person to see you will be a dog walker!’ Or an experience someone in real life told me - they got in a car as arranged at a train station and immediately the guy hit the central locking…. And drove off .. im sure other potential meets would like that information so they could say no thanks?

over a year ago

"So posting ‘ don’t meet this person or the next person to see you will be a dog walker!’ Or an experience someone in real life told me - they got in a car as arranged at a train station and immediately the guy hit the central locking…. And drove off .. im sure other potential meets would like that information so they could say no thanks? "

Yep, there's a very broad spectrum between 'didn't lick that well', towards 'my meet ended up with me visiting the police station afterwards'

over a year ago

I'd definitely want to know those kind of things.

Not sure what's allowed though

Anyone know is there a rule for how honest you can be about scary stuff?

over a year ago

"I'd definitely want to know those kind of things.

Anyone know is there a rule for how honest you can be about scary stuff?"

You'd report their profile. Or in the example above more likely report to the police. It genuinely has no bearing what you'd put in a veri as it only goes to the person you write it about. They can either choose to display or not, which is their choice. The site is set up like that for presumably the reason that if anyone could post on anybodies else's profile it would create a veritable shit storm

over a year ago

You'd report their profile. Or in the example above more likely report to the police. It genuinely has no bearing what you'd put in a veri as it only goes to the person you write it about. They can either choose to display or not, which is their choice. The site is set up like that for presumably the reason that if anyone could post on anybodies else's profile it would create a veritable shit storm "

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's a tough one tbh, if you knew a guy or girl was a risk and want to keep people safe but there's a risk of people being malicious too.

over a year ago

You'd report their profile. Or in the example above more likely report to the police. It genuinely has no bearing what you'd put in a veri as it only goes to the person you write it about. They can either choose to display or not, which is their choice. The site is set up like that for presumably the reason that if anyone could post on anybodies else's profile it would create a veritable shit storm

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's a tough one tbh, if you knew a guy or girl was a risk and want to keep people safe but there's a risk of people being malicious too.

"

But it's a free open site. It's not about anyone keeping anyone else 'safe', nobody is a gate keeper of anyone else's interactions with others on here

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'd always give a polite veri, I give funny ones to friends and avoid people I don't get on with. Not gonna give veris just for the sake of it, just because we politely smiled at each other

over a year ago

Anyone know is there a rule for how honest you can be about scary stuff?"

As a verification it would be pointless as they wouldn't show it.

Some people chat offline and could warn others of issues. However people may also spread untrue rumours.

For events I wouldn't say anything negative in a veri for the same reason. They would just hide it.

I've been to socials, events and parties all over the country. Some were great, some were very not great.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

You mean not everyone on fab is as beautiful on the inside as the outside?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Hahaha, that's a new one"

I went wildly creative with it and if anyone had taken it at face value I'd have been surprised, but it was fun to write and see her share her

Post new Message to Thread