Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What if you were afraid of nothing?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I watched a very motivational and inspirational speech from dan pena, here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPUA05Mr1m8&list=WL&index=20&t=5s.

His speech goes like it What if you were afrai of nothing......... nothing man, beast, financial, bankruptcy...... nothing, do you understand what that would mean? How would your life have changed? Once you become fearless, life becomes limitless.

This reminds me of papillon where his friend didnt dear to jump on the 7th wave but he did.

What do you think about it, does fear hold one back to reach ones potential?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think you'd be dead, Shag. Fear stops us from doing stuff that gets us killed.

over a year ago

I think I would be foolish

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham and London

"I think you'd be dead, Shag. Fear stops us from doing stuff that gets us killed."

This.

I think people are poor at judging the consequences of their actions. Too many people are scared when the consequences are inconsequential (which is what I would imagine the link OP has posted was ultimately about) but they also aren’t scared enough when the consequences can be life threatening - people won’t ask someone out because they might say no but will happily drive like an idiot and risk lives.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

over a year ago

Being cautious is good advice. Don’t be scared is another good piece of advice.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
over a year ago

London

To not be scared of anything would require a lack of emotions and a lack of connection between your damaged prefrontal cortex and amygdala. This is the brain wiring of a psychopath.

To not be scared of anything you would need to be a psychopath.

over a year ago

"I watched a very motivational and inspirational speech from dan pena, here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPUA05Mr1m8&list=WL&index=20&t=5s.

His speech goes like it What if you were afrai of nothing......... nothing man, beast, financial, bankruptcy...... nothing, do you understand what that would mean? How would your life have changed? Once you become fearless, life becomes limitless.

This reminds me of papillon where his friend didnt dear to jump on the 7th wave but he did.

What do you think about it, does fear hold one back to reach ones potential? "

Sounds like another grifter talking nonsense

Interest rates are going up, so is fuel, energy and food

But if you just aren’t scared, everything will be ok

By *ucks Couple UKCouple
over a year ago

Bucks

It’s one thing not being afraid of what happens to you but you also need to consider the I pace your choices or actions may have on others. Especially those who live or depend on you (children).

Being fearless doesn’t make you limitless but can make you selfish.

By *ucks Couple UKCouple
over a year ago

Bucks

"It’s one thing not being afraid of what happens to you but you also need to consider the I pace your choices or actions may have on others. Especially those who live or depend on you (children).

Being fearless doesn’t make you limitless but can make you selfish. "

Impact

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I saw a Ted talk about worrying over the future. How we spend too much time in fear of tomorrow and not making the most of today.

It did help me deal with my ill health last year and worrying about my future prospects or even love life.

You shouldn’t ignore the risks of the future but don’t allow them to ruin the moment you’re living in.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Without fear, we have nothing to test ourselves...

Doing something you are fearful of is the best achievement human being can do....

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I think you'd be dead, Shag. Fear stops us from doing stuff that gets us killed."
That is also right as well

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Without fear, we have nothing to test ourselves...

Doing something you are fearful of is the best achievement human being can do...."

Yes, that is also a good point

over a year ago

"I watched a very motivational and inspirational speech from dan pena, here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPUA05Mr1m8&list=WL&index=20&t=5s.

What do you think about it, does fear hold one back to reach ones potential? "

ST

If you are watching other people giving motivational speeches I can only say you need to get out more or watch God TV.

Most people are scared about Putin, utility prices the general cost of living and the Oxford comma.

Daft Americans talking nonsense are just not a priority at the moment if indeed he is American.

The butterfly’s real existence and the film are probably not a good example!

over a year ago

Doing something you are fearful of is the best achievement human being can do...."

Someone please quote

We have nothing to fear but fear itself

over a year ago

"

To not be scared of anything would require a lack of emotions and a lack of connection between your damaged prefrontal cortex and amygdala. This is the brain wiring of a psychopath.

To not be scared of anything you would need to be a psychopath."

Only half true.

I've had several evaluations done (for work and for post accident research) and one of the common factors is the fact that I don't process fear emotions.

It can be down to being able to suppress emotion and also that the brain can cope better by not inducing fear.

There actually is no official diagnosis of "psychopathy" or "sociopathy" they are described as varying behavioural disorders

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Probably be dead, burnt, missing limbs.

over a year ago

"

Only half true.

I've had several evaluations done (for work and for post accident research) and one of the common factors is the fact that I don't process fear emotions.

It can be down to being able to suppress emotion and also that the brain can cope better by not inducing fear.

There actually is no official diagnosis of "psychopathy" or "sociopathy" they are described as varying behavioural disorders "

Do you think you may have over thought this?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Fear is a natural, healthy instinct. If you have co-opted it, to limit your life in ways that you don't want, then get it reset, so that it remains a natural support mechanism

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
over a year ago

London

"

Only half true.

There actually is no official diagnosis of "psychopathy" or "sociopathy" they are described as varying behavioural disorders "

DSM 5 use the umbrella term 'Anti social behaviour disorder' DSM 5 is also run by committees of self interested groups who reject new diagnosis if it conflicts with their own personal interests. It's not the bible of psychology that people think it is.

The people actually researching psychopathy refer to it as primary and secondary. Primary being a psychopath and secondary being a sociopath. Primary psychopaths are born and secondary are made as a reaction to trauma. Secondary psychopaths (sociopaths) still have emotion they just suppress it.

There are examples of people who have suffered damage to their brain, developing psychopathic behaviour. Phineas Gage being a well known example. While building a railway track and explosion send a metal rod through his prefrontal cortex.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There is nothing to fear but fear itself - Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Overcoming fear is opening a door to being able to achieve success at the things you want to be successful in.

Fear can straangle someone into not believing in themselves and feeling not worthy to do something they believe only others can do.

BUT...... nothing should be over interpreted. We need fear to stop us stepping off the edge of cliffs.

We need to consider whether our fear is RATIONAL or IRRATIONAL.... that's all.

Rational fear - falling in front of a train.

Irrational fear - there's a monster in my dark bedroom.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Or most stupid 'something' dependent.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What do you think about it, does fear hold one back to reach ones potential?

ST

If you are watching other people giving motivational speeches I can only say you need to get out more or watch God TV.

Most people are scared about Putin, utility prices the general cost of living and the Oxford comma.

Daft Americans talking nonsense are just not a priority at the moment if indeed he is American.

The butterfly’s real existence and the film are probably not a good example!"

OMG !!!!! Not the Oxford Comma !!! nooooooo

over a year ago

I fear as close to nothing as i am able to control and life is still has limits without fear its hard to bother with purpose i do love how these brain boxes got it all worked out hand this guy off a roof and watch him piss his pants as hard as you want to be fearless in the moment

over a year ago

I'm not scared of anything! The life I've had and what I've put myself through I should have died many many times but survived. I can face anything now and not have any fear... probably. I have given everything and fit my life into a backpack. I'm living on next to nothing and I'm fine with it. I wake up sometimes without a Euro to my name but I still carry on. I can work for food and water is free. It's when you start thinking what you NEED to live and what you WANT to live. Good, water and somewhere to sleep and I'm good. Everything else is a WANT.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I fear as close to nothing as i am able to control and life is still has limits without fear its hard to bother with purpose i do love how these brain boxes got it all worked out hand this guy off a roof and watch him piss his pants as hard as you want to be fearless in the moment "

That's a RATIONAL fear. The 'brain box' would not have been encouraging people to behave irrationally

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I think there’s some truth in it. Fear holds people back , mostly fear of failing or fear or change.

When you don’t have these fears , life does sometimes feel limitless . Taking risks and confronting your fears is the best way.

I used to have a fear of heights until I cliff jumped and overcome it. But I still insist on staying at least 2 stupid mistakes away from death, I’m not going to just start wandering around on roofs .

over a year ago

You need to stop asking yourself 'What if?' Whaybi this happens and what If that happens. That will hold you back! You need to just go for it and see what happens.

Post new Message to Thread