Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stock Camera App or Alternative Camera App

Jump to newest

By *ensual OP   Man
over a year ago

Sutton

I have noticed some very clear and classy photos on profile pictures.

I was wondering whether people use the camera app that came with the phone or have changed to a better one. If you have changed, which camera App do you use and is it Android?

I am giving up on my stock Samsung app as it now requires permission to connect to nearby Bluetooth devices to take a picture. Are there any other less intrusive alternatives.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Turn your Bluetooth off

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

What's wrong with a real camera?

By *ensual OP   Man
over a year ago

Sutton

"Turn your Bluetooth off "

Good idea

over a year ago

I use my stock camera on my phone but I have another camera that I can control with my phone which let me control aperture, shutter speed, iso and all that photographic shizzles.

By *ensual OP   Man
over a year ago

Sutton

"What's wrong with a real camera?"

I would have to learn to master it, and I don't have the energy, time or inclination. Good photography is art and technical ability combined.

over a year ago

"What's wrong with a real camera?

I would have to learn to master it, and I don't have the energy, time or inclination. Good photography is art and technical ability combined. "

the camera doesn’t make the photographer !

Fuck yes ! Always wanted to say that one !

Ticked !

over a year ago

I am on iPhone

But I use professional grade apps

Pro camera for take pics

Shooting in TIFF pro raw format

Then converted to jpeg for fab as fab isn’t compatible with TIFF pro raw format I do lose a bit off quality but not much

As for videos filmic pro

Shoot at 4K 60fps pro res 422 HQ yes I know heavy on the size but that’s why I have a 1TB phone ha ha

Then I convert it in to H.264 for uploading to fab again lose a little quality but not by much

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I am on iPhone

Pro camera for take pics

Then converted to jpeg for fab as fab isn’t compatible with TIFF pro raw format I do lose a bit off quality but not much

As for videos filmic pro

Shoot at 4K 60fps pro res 422 HQ yes I know heavy on the size but that’s why I have a 1TB phone ha ha

Then I convert it in to H.264 for uploading to fab again lose a little quality but not by much "

I wouldn't class any iPhone apps as 'Professional grade' but, Halide is really the only one I use if I want full control.

Not sure this is available for Android though OP.

over a year ago

"I am on iPhone

Pro camera for take pics

As for videos filmic pro

Then I convert it in to H.264 for uploading to fab again lose a little quality but not by much

I wouldn't class any iPhone apps as 'Professional grade' but, Halide is really the only one I use if I want full control.

Not sure this is available for Android though OP."

??? Emmm they shooting movies with iPhones these days and both apps I listed are up there with Halidle

I mean your really not going to get much better

Without shelling out 100k on a editing rig and a red 8K

Look at the trubble Linus’s has ha ha

By *errocaWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire

All my pics are taken with the standard camera on my phone.. Good enough for me.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

I would have to learn to master it, and I don't have the energy, time or inclination. Good photography is art and technical ability combined.

Ticked ! "

That's not strickly true, try using a phone in bright sunlight, then use a camera with a view finder.

Look at all of the heavily marketed phone ad spiel: buy this phone to take pictures.

By *ensual OP   Man
over a year ago

Sutton

Thanks for the responses

over a year ago

"What's wrong with a real camera?"

The best camera is the one you have with you…

over a year ago

Ticked !

That's not strickly true, try using a phone in bright sunlight, then use a camera with a view finder.

Look at all of the heavily marketed phone ad spiel: buy this phone to take pictures."

Oh sure you may reach the limitations of the camera you are using but anyone could counter that by finding a way to shot what one wants to shot by doing it differently. So in the end : the camera doesn’t make the photographer.

Knowing the limitations and advantages of the camera you are using as well as how to compose and counter any harsh lighting environment is the best way to take good pictures, no matter the gears you use.

over a year ago

Oh my.

Didn’t know anything about this and just use the phone camera.

Feeling old this early!

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

The best camera is the one you have with you…"

Yes and you have to enjoy using it too, other wise it just becomes a paperweight.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
over a year ago

London

I use a canon 5D

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Ticked ! "

Yes it’s so true, it’s what’s behind the camera that counts, 90% creative composition, 10% tech (max)

I really like the iPhone, I’ve done some good long exposures last weekend , printed at A3 behind gallery glass and I can sell them. But generally for printing I’d use at least a M4/3.

For digital it’s hard to justify using a camera unless you want something very specific that you can’t do after the shot.

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

I didn't know there was alternative camera apps, Mr just uses his phone which seems ok.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I didn't know there was alternative camera apps, Mr just uses his phone which seems ok."

Hipstamatic is fun ! It’s like shooting real film

Post new Message to Thread