Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blocked for no reason

Jump to newest

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

Why do people block after exchanging a few messages ?

Twice now I've been blocked after exchanging a few messages, asked for a face pic, send one, ask for one in return and then get blocked.

I find it rude. If I'm not up to your standard I'd rather be told and move on.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That’s not for no reason.

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"That’s not for no reason."

So what would be the reason ?

over a year ago

"That’s not for no reason.

So what would be the reason ?"

You’re not their cup of tea.

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Not up to your standard, or just don't fancy you enough to warrant any further interaction? How you are looking at this is why you were blocked instead of spoken to further, maybe? And this is also why a face pic should be in the first message, before and conversation gets started

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Why do people block after exchanging a few messages ?

Twice now I've been blocked after exchanging a few messages, asked for a face pic, send one, ask for one in return and then get blocked.

I find it rude. If I'm not up to your standard I'd rather be told and move on."

Happened to me the other day. They contacted me and everything going tickety boo, asked me to meet, which I was busy so couldn’t, suggested another time which they were happy with, had some banter then bang messages deleted and blocked. Blocked them, moved on and was glad I didn’t meet them. Best way of dealing with it.

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

You’re not their cup of tea."

A simple thanks but no thanks would be polite though ?

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

People don’t need a reason to block

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"Not up to your standard, or just don't fancy you enough to warrant any further interaction? How you are looking at this is why you were blocked instead of spoken to further, maybe? And this is also why a face pic should be in the first message, before and conversation gets started "

I understand what your saying but I still think it's rude.

over a year ago

A simple thanks but no thanks would be polite though ? "

It would be and that’s how we would deal with it but you’d be surprised how much abuse can come from a polite no thanks.

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Happened to me the other day. They contacted me and everything going tickety boo, asked me to meet, which I was busy so couldn’t, suggested another time which they were happy with, had some banter then bang messages deleted and blocked. Blocked them, moved on and was glad I didn’t meet them. Best way of dealing with it. "

Maybe the "banter" was enough to get them off, so no meed for you after that

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

Happened to me the other day. They contacted me and everything going tickety boo, asked me to meet, which I was busy so couldn’t, suggested another time which they were happy with, had some banter then bang messages deleted and blocked. Blocked them, moved on and was glad I didn’t meet them. Best way of dealing with it. "

Good point

By *ydrewMan
over a year ago

Winchester

Totally agree

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

There is always a reason for the block, just because you don’t know what it is or agree with it is irrelevant.

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"People don’t need a reason to block "

True but when you've been chatting and then blocked is a bit rude in my eyes

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

"Not up to your standard, or just don't fancy you enough to warrant any further interaction? How you are looking at this is why you were blocked instead of spoken to further, maybe? And this is also why a face pic should be in the first message, before and conversation gets started

I understand what your saying but I still think it's rude."

Would you rather they just kept talking and stringing you along, because people are made to feel guilty about saying no or that they don't find you attractive, instead? At least you know where you stand and you won't be wasting anymore time

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

It would be and that’s how we would deal with it but you’d be surprised how much abuse can come from a polite no thanks."

I can understand that but why tar us all with the same brush

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Happened to me the other day. They contacted me and everything going tickety boo, asked me to meet, which I was busy so couldn’t, suggested another time which they were happy with, had some banter then bang messages deleted and blocked. Blocked them, moved on and was glad I didn’t meet them. Best way of dealing with it.

Maybe the "banter" was enough to get them off, so no meed for you after that "

Very true

over a year ago

My tuppence worth , never ever send a face pic first , they want one but you send one then they block you , it is that easy for them , get them to send one first and you'll see they aren't prepared to do that , then move on if they're not, way better than sending one and then being blocked.

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"Not up to your standard, or just don't fancy you enough to warrant any further interaction? How you are looking at this is why you were blocked instead of spoken to further, maybe? And this is also why a face pic should be in the first message, before and conversation gets started

Would you rather they just kept talking and stringing you along, because people are made to feel guilty about saying no or that they don't find you attractive, instead? At least you know where you stand and you won't be wasting anymore time"

I'd rather be told straight, and have been before. I'd accept that and move on

over a year ago

I’ve found that on fab its just easier for women to block than to reply to 200 men saying “sorry I’m just not interested”, if a woman blocks you on fab when you’ve not done anything wrong then it’s not out of malice, just logistical. Don’t be upset by it.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

I've not been here very long,but I've been around similar places for many years. I'm not sure most men realise quite what it's like for women here. They get endless cock pics, face pics, messages, many of which completely ignore their profile. They get arrogance, cockiness, and far too often downright harrassment.

Sometimes, 'nice guys' get caught up in the reaction to all that. It happens. A smile,a shrug,dust yourself off and move on is the only way.

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

There's no such thing as "blocked for no reason " ...there's always a reason

over a year ago

It would be and that’s how we would deal with it but you’d be surprised how much abuse can come from a polite no thanks.

I can understand that but why tar us all with the same brush"

You realise there’s no way of predicting who’ll get abusive?

over a year ago

There is a lot of this “ blocking “ for nothing .

Want to block to clear out the search ? Respect .

Wouldn’t hurt say : “ my interest ends here , good bye “

I find it ignorant and rude . It hurts .

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

My tuppence worth , never ever send a face pic first , they want one but you send one then they block you , it is that easy for them , get them to send one first and you'll see they aren't prepared to do that , then move on if they're not, way better than sending one and then being blocked."

Good advice. Thanks

By *oppet22TV/TS
over a year ago

huddersfield

There choice loads have blocked me for no reason am allways polite just dont take it personally just be who you are thats all you can be

over a year ago

I can understand that but why tar us all with the same brush"

It’s not ideal but if say 1 in 20 get abusive or beg after being told no it’s easier to just block.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"There is always a reason for the block, just because you don’t know what it is or agree with it is irrelevant. "

Sadly, it’s very easy to compare fab with talking to someone in a pub where it would be rude to just walk off in mid conversation. It’s not a pub and people do just end it if they feel that way with no explanation. You’ll never change how it is on here, so change the way you react to it. I have

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"There's no such thing as "blocked for no reason " ...there's always a reason "

I sent a face pic after they asked. That's all then blocked.

over a year ago

There’s always a reason for being blocked. The way I see it, we would clearly never have been compatible so no loss is it? Why would you want to meet someone that didn’t want to meet you? Meh. Move on

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

As a man you should never send a face pic first. Hold your nerve, have her send it first. If she refuses, then move onto the next one

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

You realise there’s no way of predicting who’ll get abusive?"

True. I feel bad for people who get abuse on here, I think it's disgusting and absolutely no need for it.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"There's no such thing as "blocked for no reason " ...there's always a reason

I sent a face pic after they asked. That's all then blocked."

You weren’t for them then. Simple. Move on and don’t take it personally.

By *ilfCrumpet9Man
over a year ago

Wirral

Happened to me a few times. Folk are just ignorant should have the decent courtesy just to say not our type or any other excuse.

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

Thanks everyone for the replies and comments. Some good advice received.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I sent a face pic after they asked. That's all then blocked."

Judging by your continued inability to accept that they had their own reason, which they are not obliged to explain to you, for blocking you, I would say they probably did the right thing.

If they hadn’t blocked you, you would be trying to have this conversation with them, as it is all you can do is make a thread about it.

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

People especially ladies would run out of daily limit messages fairly quick to reply to everyone with a simple not interested, if you sent pic and got blocked its simply is just a no they're cup eh tea I imagine block was to save from possible harassment and on another note "don't tar everyone with same brush" don't work as u don't know who's going to be a walloper or not when feelings get hurt just my 50 pence worth

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

As a man you should never send a face pic first. Hold your nerve, have her send it first. If she refuses, then move onto the next one"

Why? Someone has to send it first. Why are we different? She could think the same and move on also

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

But often it’s not, it just leads to more ‘but why?’ type rubbish. So people get fatigued and block if they’re not going to go any further.

over a year ago

"Thanks everyone for the replies and comments. Some good advice received."

Deal with it and move on!

By *atriciayoiditTV/TS
over a year ago

hatfield

people get frightened...its their way of dealing with an unsuspected emotion...forgive and forget and move on..??

By *anJXMan
over a year ago

Warrington

People are random and strange on this site

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

Judging by your continued inability to accept that they had their own reason, which they are not obliged to explain to you, for blocking you, I would say they probably did the right thing.

If they hadn’t blocked you, you would be trying to have this conversation with them, as it is all you can do is make a thread about it.

"

I made the thread to see what people's opinions where and if anyone else has the same thing happen. Judging by the thread it's had a good reaction, isn't that what forums are for.

Also if they had replied with a thanks but no thanks I would of accepted that and moved on.

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"People especially ladies would run out of daily limit messages fairly quick to reply to everyone with a simple not interested, if you sent pic and got blocked its simply is just a no they're cup eh tea I imagine block was to save from possible harassment and on another note "don't tar everyone with same brush" don't work as u don't know who's going to be a walloper or not when feelings get hurt just my 50 pence worth "

over a year ago

"People especially ladies would run out of daily limit messages fairly quick to reply to everyone with a simple not interested, if you sent pic and got blocked its simply is just a no they're cup eh tea I imagine block was to save from possible harassment and on another note "don't tar everyone with same brush" don't work as u don't know who's going to be a walloper or not when feelings get hurt just my 50 pence worth "

You don’t get ‘limited messages’ when you become a site supporter….. I also have experienced abusive messages when sending a ‘no thanks’ so now I don’t bother I just delete the message without replying ( my choice ) and add a private note for when they message again and they soon get bored of sending messages when I don’t reply or even don’t open their messages

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"Thanks everyone for the replies and comments. Some good advice received.

Deal with it and move on!"

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Does the block not tell you?! Saves your messaging again...

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I can’t even claim to get hundreds of messages as my filters work and I’m old

I don’t block often and I usually use it as a tool to not bump into profiles I don’t like much. The thing to remember is that you got your answer… the answer was no. And really no one needs to explain it especially after a few messages. A few messages is nothing more than that. You are strangers.

V x

over a year ago

It would be nice if everyone was polite to each other but we’ve politely said no thanks to someone that then called us a pair of time wasting c***s that he was only winding up anyway.

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Would you rather they just kept talking and stringing you along, because people are made to feel guilty about saying no or that they don't find you attractive, instead? At least you know where you stand and you won't be wasting anymore time

I'd rather be told straight, and have been before. I'd accept that and move on"

But they don't know that,eh?

By *wabathMan
over a year ago

Bath

It doesn’t really worry me, people have there own preferences, if I’m not what they’re after it’s their choice to block.

I’m happy with it a wish them all the best x

By *27GrandadMan
over a year ago

colchester

I don't block any one but some block me as I

Don't show my wife's face as she works in

A shop and doesn't want it shown I know they probably won't see her but I respect her wishes

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I made the thread to see what people's opinions where and if anyone else has the same thing happen. Judging by the thread it's had a good reaction, isn't that what forums are for.

Also if they had replied with a thanks but no thanks I would of accepted that and moved on."

They have no idea how you will react, and you haven’t moved on have you, you are still chewing it over now.

By *inkForLifeCouple
over a year ago

North Shields

"

You may be a decent person, probably are given the fact you've asked here, however, for every one of you, there are 10 guys who will hurl abuse at us because we say you're not what we're looking for.

Do it takes 15 seconds to reply. Women easily get 100/200 messages a day, that's give or take an hour to reply "no thanks" and then all the additional time to deal with the abuse.

Look on the bright side, you won't waste your time messaging them again because you won't see them again.

over a year ago

It’s not ideal but if say 1 in 20 get abusive or beg after being told no it’s easier to just block."

But there u have a reason . Harrassment .

Now hang up n block in a middle of a chat when u haven’t said anything wrong or been rude ?

Hurts . Is cold …

By *wabathMan
over a year ago

Bath

"It doesn’t really worry me, people have there own preferences, if I’m not what they’re after it’s their choice to block.

I’m happy with it a wish them all the best x "

One noted block though !! Chatted for ages, finally arranged a meet, was given a postcode 25 miles away and asked to message when I got there, arrived and found they had blocked me. Now that was rude

over a year ago

"I can’t even claim to get hundreds of messages as my filters work and I’m old

I don’t block often and I usually use it as a tool to not bump into profiles I don’t like much. The thing to remember is that you got your answer… the answer was no. And really no one needs to explain it especially after a few messages. A few messages is nothing more than that. You are strangers.

V x

"

Not that old! I still buy you a tube of rolos!

over a year ago

"Does the block not tell you?! Saves your messaging again..."

Yes , block gives u a favour “ clears the search engine “ .

That’s good …. U close the front door …

Tho there’s no need to slam it in your face …

Tho u well free to do it . is your door not anyone else ….

That’s all …. I think …

over a year ago

"Does the block not tell you?! Saves your messaging again...

That’s all …. I think … "

That makes no sense at all

over a year ago

"Does the block not tell you?! Saves your messaging again...

That’s all …. I think …

That makes no sense at all"

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

Also if they had replied with a thanks but no thanks I would of accepted that and moved on.

They have no idea how you will react, and you haven’t moved on have you, you are still chewing it over now. "

I've moved on. I'm simply replying to people's comments on here which is polite.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

When I clicked onto this forum I knew it would be a man ..

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"When I clicked onto this forum I knew it would be a man .. "

The male to female ratio on here could of been a clue

over a year ago

"It doesn’t really worry me, people have there own preferences, if I’m not what they’re after it’s their choice to block.

One noted block though !! Chatted for ages, finally arranged a meet, was given a postcode 25 miles away and asked to message when I got there, arrived and found they had blocked me. Now that was rude "

Stood ups that is just the bottom line .

I really don’t get it . Make us hit the road , til very last second …

They done same to me …. Why ?

Someone just text me the other day :

- I’m sorry I’m gonna let u down .

I replied .

- Thanks for let me know . That’s very kind .

Sorted .

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"When I clicked onto this forum I knew it would be a man ..

The male to female ratio on here could of been a clue "

Na nothing to do with that

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

As a man you should never send a face pic first. Hold your nerve, have her send it first. If she refuses, then move onto the next one

Why? Someone has to send it first. Why are we different? She could think the same and move on also "

And shes more than welcome to do that.

In answer to your question, men are far more likely to maintain contact after receiving a face pic even if shes not particularly attractive, as most men on here are fairly desperate. If he then replies with his face pic and hes not to her liking and she blocks him, well at least hes seen her pic as well so no harm no foul

At its root, its the thinking that men will rarely if ever turn down a woman unless shes beyond the pale ugly. Women on the other hand have a lower acceptance threshold

over a year ago

One noted block though !! Chatted for ages, finally arranged a meet, was given a postcode 25 miles away and asked to message when I got there, arrived and found they had blocked me. Now that was rude

Stood ups that is just the bottom line .

I really don’t get it . Make us hit the road , til very last second …

They done same to me …. Why ?

Someone just text me the other day :

- I’m sorry I’m gonna let u down .

I replied .

- Thanks for let me know . That’s very kind .

Sorted .

"

No need to mess people up n hurt them .

“ cancellation “ is in the dictionary . Is a noble thing to do …

Noble … not …. Nobhead

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

There’s always a reason, they just don’t tell you what it is.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Rude to expect anything so more on and stop this silly nonsense.

over a year ago

"I've not been here very long,but I've been around similar places for many years. I'm not sure most men realise quite what it's like for women here. They get endless cock pics, face pics, messages, many of which completely ignore their profile. They get arrogance, cockiness, and far too often downright harrassment.

Sometimes, 'nice guys' get caught up in the reaction to all that. It happens. A smile,a shrug,dust yourself off and move on is the only way."

All too true I fear. Your profile is great, by the way!

Lucy

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Ok. Bored with this now. Move the fuck on for gods sake.

over a year ago

Why? Someone has to send it first. Why are we different? She could think the same and move on also

In answer to your question, men are far more likely to maintain contact after receiving a face pic even if shes not particularly attractive, as most men on here are fairly desperate. If he then replies with his face pic and hes not to her liking and she blocks him, well at least hes seen her pic as well so no harm no foul

At its root, its the thinking that men will rarely if ever turn down a woman unless shes beyond the pale ugly. Women on the other hand have a lower acceptance threshold"

Or she finds out you her husband first and you fucked in step one

Only kidding ….

… I’m happy . Her happiness first then mine .

The Woman is the Mother . She is the Queen .

She is the one responsible to decide who is gonna take the job .

I know this is not a breeding site ( for many ) but is how I see the human nature . And not like they done put the female in lower step . To take the power .

Is not : K, Q, J

is : Q, K, J

And the chances of a woman being stalked is higher then the other way around .

So makes sense they put themselves at risk as less as possible

And many thanks to all of them being here and make all this possible to happen .

Don’t moan. Make moan ^^ kind of thing ^^

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Ok. Bored with this now. Move the fuck on for gods sake. "

I know .. that bothered about being blocked by someone .. wow ..

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

At its root, its the thinking that men will rarely if ever turn down a woman unless shes beyond the pale ugly. Women on the other hand have a lower acceptance threshold

Only kidding ….

I know this is not a breeding site ( for many ) but is how I see the human nature . And not like they done put the female in lower step . To take the power .

And many thanks to all of them being here and make all this possible to happen .

Don’t moan. Make moan ^^ kind of thing ^^ "

Ive no idea what you're on about chief

over a year ago

There is always a reason why the person blocking you does it but you may not understand what that is.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

They didn't like your face and thought it be easier for both of you to just block. Saves your time asking etc. Move on

over a year ago

Only kidding ….

Don’t moan. Make moan ^^ kind of thing ^^ "

Read this twice and it still makes zero sense!

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Tbh I'm old fashion and do expect the man to send first face pic and to pursue the meeting. The woman in turn should show she's keen

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Only kidding ….

Don’t moan. Make moan ^^ kind of thing ^^

Read this twice and it still makes zero sense!"

I think there's some simping or white knighting baked into it, but im not sure

By *ornyBiker75 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

"Ok. Bored with this now. Move the fuck on for gods sake. "

And here's a prime example of being rude. If you have no interest in the subject why read it and comment ?

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Ok. Bored with this now. Move the fuck on for gods sake.

And here's a prime example of being rude. If you have no interest in the subject why read it and comment ?"

Mate if they blocked you why waste your time on worrying about them or what you did wrong .. just fuck them off crack on .. don't take it personally .. she wasn't your gf

over a year ago

One noted block though !! Chatted for ages, finally arranged a meet, was given a postcode 25 miles away and asked to message when I got there, arrived and found they had blocked me. Now that was rude "

Thats more than rude thats horrible and nasty

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It's unfortunate, but it's perhaps easier than them messaging you back to say they're not keen on how you look.

It could be you're not their cup of tea, they know you, you remind them of a relative. It could be anything.

No one wants to start a chain of correspondence where someone replies trying to change a no thanks into a yes please.

Be a bit put out by it, but don't let it ruin your weekend. Look at my pics and let them ruin your weekend, instead

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Ok. Bored with this now. Move the fuck on for gods sake.

And here's a prime example of being rude. If you have no interest in the subject why read it and comment ?"

Not at all. How many times do people have to explain fab and say move on?

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham and London

"Tbh I'm old fashion and do expect the man to send first face pic and to pursue the meeting. The woman in turn should show she's keen"

I am increasingly finding that if I am expected to chase then it is a turn off on here. Too many fakers use that as a tactic to string you along so I stop it in its tracks. Life is too short.

By *oteyetieMan
over a year ago

Galashiels

Happens all the time , I also find it very rude a simple no thanks is all that needs to be said.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Lads , i keep saying it.

Stop sending face pics. You wont listen to me

By *inkForLifeCouple
over a year ago

North Shields

"Lads , i keep saying it.

Stop sending face pics. You wont listen to me"

You're more likely to get blocked by us from a bad dick pic. We're not sucking your face, we don't need to find you're face overly appealing but we only like to suck cocks which look nice. For example if your foreskin is too tight to pull back.

over a year ago

I had a message yesterday from a guy. I politely told him I wasnt interested in him and good luck.

He proceeded to send me messages saying I was hideous anyway.

That is why women on here just block once they realise the person isnt for them, because we have no idea who will and wont get abusive. And it takes uo far too much headspace worrying about it

over a year ago

Stop sending face pics. You wont listen to me"

I delete first messages without face pics, mine are public though!

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I delete first messages without face pics, mine are public though!"

Well that would be different, i would understand a guy sending a face pic to you for that reason.

But theres no reason why a guy should send a face pic first. It only leads to this nonsense that has spawned this thread

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I delete first messages without face pics, mine are public though!"

Btw i think theres a typo in your status update

over a year ago

Btw i think theres a typo in your status update "

Haha there is and it completely changes the meaning. Surprised no one else mentioned it lol

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Haha there is and it completely changes the meaning. Surprised no one else mentioned it lol "

They're just not as pedantic as me. Or maybe as caring. Depending on which way you view it

over a year ago

Haha there is and it completely changes the meaning. Surprised no one else mentioned it lol

They're just not as pedantic as me. Or maybe as caring. Depending on which way you view it"

Or they just don’t read the text on my profile and just look at the pictures!

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

They're just not as pedantic as me. Or maybe as caring. Depending on which way you view it

Or they just don’t read the text on my profile and just look at the pictures! "

You have pictures up?

over a year ago

You have pictures up? "

only 50-odd public ones

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

You have pictures up? only 50-odd public ones "

Well whaddya know

Theres a few fabs for you

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most people are not mutually compatible with most other people.

It will typically take a few messages for this to become clear. Ni reoky = not interested. Blocking prevents any further unwarranted messages and contact, including harassment and abuse.

If you don't have realistic expectations here, the onus is on yoy to make them so. You cannot realistically expect to be compatible with most people.

The fab terms of use we have all agreed to, spell out that no reply is to be accepted as no further interest.

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Most people are not mutually compatible with most other people.

It will typically take a few messages for this to become clear. Ni reoky = not interested. Blocking prevents any further unwarranted messages and contact, including harassment and abuse.

If you don't have realistic expectations here, the onus is on yoy to make them so. You cannot realistically expect to be compatible with most people.

The fab terms of use we have all agreed to, spell out that no reply is to be accepted as no further interest. "

Wtf is Ni reoky?

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

You have pictures up? only 50-odd public ones "

All very delicious

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

I've been blocked by ladies I've never contacted so at least you are getting a few messages before being blocked

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

It cracks me up when someone messages you and they have fuck all pics let alone a face pic and that ask you for a face pic .. haha are you having a laugh

By *hippy57Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I can understand people blocking people if they are being pestered by someone,after saying no thank you but good luck,

We are a swinging community here and everyone has option to decline or accept

That said it can be like a school playground,groups of the popular people mingling together,billy no mates asks if he can at least join in there conversation,blocking is like saying ,fuck off baldy,or fuck off fatty,fuck off little dick etc etc ,goes without saying the people who block for no reason were part of them groups

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

Block button is for a reason

It works

It's nearly safe ( apart from someone opening a new account)

Blocked means NO

Don't take it personally

Don't be offended

Walk away

By *inkForLifeCouple
over a year ago

North Shields

What I don't understand is, if you're so willing to accept a no thanks, why are you so unwilling to accept a block.

It's literally no difference, however what I'll say is the guys we say no thanks to, often try to argue with us or say we'll love what they have to offer us.

Obviously not all guys are like that, but if I don't want to meet you, then a block is just as meaningful as a no thanks and a block.

over a year ago

My tuppence worth , never ever send a face pic first , they want one but you send one then they block you , it is that easy for them , get them to send one first and you'll see they aren't prepared to do that , then move on if they're not, way better than sending one and then being blocked.

Good advice. Thanks"

Don't take that advice, it's not good at all

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

They have their reason, you just have to accept you won't be everyone's cup of tea.

over a year ago

Fab is a fickle place, get use to it.

By *achel SmythTV/TS
over a year ago

Farnborough

It happens … there are just some incredibly rude people in here. If they block me, they aren’t the kind of people I’d want to spend any time on anyway.

The other day a ‘couple’ contacted me. A few emails swapped, nice chat … blocked - simply not worth it.

R x

over a year ago

What I often notice in threads like this, is people stating how others should act/respond.

How about this instead ......

You change the way you act/respond instead of expecting everyone else to change to suit you. (shrugs)

Why does anyone feel that everybody else should behave accordingly to what suits them rather than in a way that suits the other person people personally?

We are all different, each category of gender types here have their own difficulties on the site.

We all have our reasons for acting/responding the way we do, so long as it's not abusive, accept it.

Nobody owes anybody anything just by being here.

OP, there's always a reason, it may not be obvious or sit well, but there's reason.

In this instance, I assume they had no interest but felt too awkward to say and so blocked instead.

It may feel passive aggressive but there it is, the reason.

Beyond that, they may have also experienced bad reactions previously, and yes I agree it's better to speak up, politely state there's no interest, but not everyone can handle a polite no thank you and not everyone can handle the abusive reaction that may follow.

If there's no interest, then a block saves everyone time in the future.

Personally, I tend to reply and have blocked just a few as a result to abusive reactions to a polite no thank you.

TLDR ......

We all handle things differently, don't let the actions of others bother you, you just be sure to remain decent, and expect nothing.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Everyone is blocked for a reason. It’s part and parcel of fab.

Dust yourself down, have a cuppa tea, smile and move on

Post new Message to Thread